PDA

View Full Version : Need resort choice advice AGAIN!

Singinglizzie
11-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Ok, sorry to post another time:rotfl: , but I really can't decide what to do????? We can only take advantage of the 4/3 promo if we switch resorts. I was very excited to stay at CSR's new business club level, however I can not get CSR during our dates. Airfare is secured and I am locked into our dates. The idea of saving $$ plus a $200 gift card is so tempting. Emotionally I would love to upgrade to one of the deluxe resorts, but my wallet say stick to the 2k budget. What would you do? Here are my choices
CSR club w/DDP $2300 no card:headache:
AK or WL Standard room w/DDP $2200 + 200 gift card
CBR preferred W/DDP $1903 + 200 gift card
POR standard w/DDP 1791 + 200 gift card
Poly garden view w/DDP $2780 + 200 gift card (not really an option, but would love to do this one)
Would appreciate all of your 2 cents!!!! Thanks. :goodvibes

Kae
11-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Of those I would go with

We love AKL & WL they are awesome, beauitful resorts. CBR you would save some nice money. Any way you will have a great trip.

Kae

Disney Spaz
11-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I second Kae vote. Either AK or WL. 1st then CBR preferred. Either way you save a little bit of money and then have an extra $200 for souveniers.

Baltazar
11-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Port Orleans ::yes::

Caribbean Beach; there are multiple stops at the resort so buses can take a while.

The others are too expensive, IMHO.

DISNEYNUTS
11-08-2008, 01:09 PM
WL OR AKL

we love WL though

Singinglizzie
11-08-2008, 04:34 PM
:goodvibes - any other thoughts? Please post!

mmmears
11-08-2008, 04:54 PM
WL or AKL -- you're getting a deluxe resort for a great price.

Which one?

That would depend on:
-- which theme you like
-- how much time you devote to MK (WL is a plus here if it's many days)

The 4/7 deal really is just a rebate on your resort stay, not tickets or food (ok, maybe tickets, but $9 is not that big a deal). This means that you save more at the deluxes (if you can pay for them), as opposed to the free dining, which is a better deal at the values. To me, it makes more sense to stay at a deluxe with this promo.

Also, they are both stunningly beautiful, and would cost you less than CSR! You can use that money to buy the "snacks" that you would get staying CL at CSR. And they both have rooms with private balconies. I would def. choose AKL or WL.

(I left out Poly since it sounds like it's not really an option anyway).

BuzzBelleMom
11-08-2008, 05:02 PM
I really feel for you, especially when you had your heart set on CSR (we stayed there last time).

In order for us to take advantage of the 4/3, we had to leave POR, but for $15 more, we got AKL. I know that we are not saving that much -except for the GC- but it may be the only time we get to stay in a deluxe resort!

So, personally, I would trade up, but I only had a small difference to pay.

Tarheel girl 1975
11-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Of those I would go with

We love AKL & WL they are awesome, beauitful resorts. CBR you would save some nice money. Any way you will have a great trip.

Kae

I agree with this. Akl and Wl are beautiful resorts. I would go with WL if you will be spending lots of time at MK. Otherwise I say go with CBR preferred. The new pool looks like a lot of fun.

DisneyBride'03
11-09-2008, 08:20 AM
So Whatcha thinking now???!!! :)

CBR preferred sounds good....bigger rooms than CSR..almost as big as the WL/AKL rooms...saving some money..new pool area for the kids:)

Too many choices, too many numbers!!! :)

Gitts2008
11-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Ok, sorry to post another time:rotfl: , but I really can't decide what to do????? We can only take advantage of the 4/3 promo if we switch resorts. I was very excited to stay at CSR's new business club level, however I can not get CSR during our dates. Airfare is secured and I am locked into our dates. The idea of saving $$ plus a $200 gift card is so tempting. Emotionally I would love to upgrade to one of the deluxe resorts, but my wallet say stick to the 2k budget. What would you do? Here are my choices
CSR club w/DDP $2300 no card:headache:
POR standard w/DDP 1791 + 200 gift card
Poly garden view w/DDP $2780 + 200 gift card (not really an option, but would love to do this one)
Would appreciate all of your 2 cents!!!! Thanks. :goodvibes

Hello :)

I can not help you much with the resorts. I have only stayed at CBR and loved it, but some people do not.

With reagrd to your flights:
If you booked Southwest, you can change the dates with no penalty. I can not say if the price would be the same, but just a thought.

Also, I get the feeling that there are MANY holds on rooms due to the new deal. The resort and room of your choice may open up.

Have a great trip!:goodvibes:

Singinglizzie
11-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Hello :)

I can not help you much with the resorts. I have only stayed at CBR and loved it, but some people do not.

With reagrd to your flights:
If you booked Southwest, you can change the dates with no penalty. I can not say if the price would be the same, but just a thought.

Also, I get the feeling that there are MANY holds on rooms due to the new deal. The resort and room of your choice may open up.

Have a great trip!:goodvibes:

Wish we had booked with SW, but instead I used my coveted Continental FF miles, so in order to get direct flights, I booked in August!!!! ha:rotfl: . The change fee has increased to $350, so I can't really change! I desperately want to save some $$, but have champagne taste! WL standard room on my dates are no longer avail - so I am thinking about AKL. I could also stay CSR club 1 night, then switch for 4 nights to a water view room. This will also save a few hundred dollars. Wish I could win the lottery and then I would jump on the Poly!!!:scared1: Thanks for all the advice. I will post back once I finalize everything. You all are great!:hug: