PDA

View Full Version : Where's my Mushrooms!

aubriee
11-08-2008, 03:49 AM
I usually use the Allears menus as a guide to where I want to eat, but know menus change frequently according to the season and just chef's whims. I usually just go with the flow and know if my favorite is not available on a night I dine there, that I'll find something else good to eat. However, I just checked the new menu for Rose & Crown on Allears. My absolute two favorite dishes in all of WDW (besides Le Cellier's filet with mushroom risotto, that is:cloud9: ), are the mushroom appetizer and lamb and barley soup at Rose and Crown. I will go there, just to get those two things. Now they have two other soups listed, but no mushrooms? What the heck! I don't want cream pea soup or potato and leek soup, I want my mushrooms:mad: :rotfl: .

alyssa810
11-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Don't tell me they're gone!! I had them for the first time in September and I LOVED them! I was hoping to get it again!!!

tarheelmjfan
11-08-2008, 03:14 PM
We have a Candlelight Processional package booked at R&C. I'm having a hard time deciding what to order. WDWinfo still lists the mushroom appetizer, but it's an older menu than what's on Allears. It sounds like I would have loved that. Oh well, I can always get the cheese plate. ;)

Little Monkey
11-08-2008, 08:00 PM
If you love mushrooms you have to try the side order of wild mushrooms at Le Cellier. I have them every time we have lunch or dinner there. They are the best mushrooms I have ever had. MY DH is not a mushroom lover but I made him try them and he loved them which means I now have to share! They are the best - try them and let me know what you think.

tmclanton
11-09-2008, 10:43 AM
If you love mushrooms you have to try the side order of wild mushrooms at Le Cellier. I have them every time we have lunch or dinner there. They are the best mushrooms I have ever had. MY DH is not a mushroom lover but I made him try them and he loved them which means I now have to share! They are the best - try them and let me know what you think.
Making him try them was a HUGH mistake!!! Why would you do that??? My son and I both love mushrooms and I hate that I have to share them all the time. Why did he have to love them so much??? I have never had the side order of mushrooms at Le Cellier, but had the mushroom fillet. Those mushrooms in the sauce on the steak were devine... I would love to order a big bowl of that sauce!!!

iluvpluto27
11-09-2008, 12:39 PM
The mushrooms were off the menu when we dined there late september. I did try the Pea Soup which was quite nice if that's any consolation. I was wanting to try the mushrooms so was quite disappointed to find them gone.

Little Monkey
11-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Making him try them was a HUGH mistake!!! Why would you do that??? My son and I both love mushrooms and I hate that I have to share them all the time. Why did he have to love them so much??? I have never had the side order of mushrooms at Le Cellier, but had the mushroom fillet. Those mushrooms in the sauce on the steak were devine... I would love to order a big bowl of that sauce!!!

He's a weirdo. He always says he doesn't like something and then when he does he says he likes them! AGH! Anyway, they are the best. You really should try them the next time you have lunch or dinner at Le Cellier. They are the best mushrooms ever. We were there in October and had dinner there and they were on the menu. :cool1:

mmmears
11-09-2008, 06:02 PM
I usually use the Allears menus as a guide to where I want to eat, but know menus change frequently according to the season and just chef's whims. I usually just go with the flow and know if my favorite is not available on a night I dine there, that I'll find something else good to eat. However, I just checked the new menu for Rose & Crown on Allears. My absolute two favorite dishes in all of WDW (besides Le Cellier's filet with mushroom risotto, that is:cloud9: ), are the mushroom appetizer and lamb and barley soup at Rose and Crown. I will go there, just to get those two things. Now they have two other soups listed, but no mushrooms? What the heck! I don't want cream pea soup or potato and leek soup, I want my mushrooms:mad: :rotfl: .

I noticed the same thing when I was looking at the current menus. We're rethinking our plans to go to R&C, which we've loved so much in the past. We would miss those two items, plus a couple of entrees.

Hear me, R&C: Bring back the mushrooms!