PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, or are there a lot less places/times for character meals these days?

vickiea
11-07-2008, 11:41 PM
It seems like the character meal options have dropped a considerable amount since I went to WDW last October. :confused3

We are going in February and I was looking at the choices and LTT is no longer available (boo hoo - I loved the dinner here), Garden Grill is only dinner. Gee, and I thought it was almost impossible to get reservations at Chef Mickey's before, how hard will it be now, when there are even less 'other' choices.

Is there a reason Disney is doing this? I thought these meals were a cash cow for them. :sad2:

Just curious.

Vickie

perkinsrose
11-08-2008, 07:02 AM
I hadn't noticed a change in the last year. But in recent years, they have added Breakfast & Lunch at Hollywood &Vine. Last year switch and new one at Animal Kingdom Tusker House. Maybe its just unfortunately your favorites that were eliminated/changed??

There are 12 places that offer character meals. I thought Char. meals were great when kids were younger. This year we'll do fewer as they're a bit older and they take so much time from touring!
I made all ADRs for February (including 2 character meals-Chef Mickey & Crystal Palace) and had no problem booking times/meals I wanted.

TLinden16
11-08-2008, 07:25 AM
I'm going to move this over to our restaurant board.

MickeyNicki
11-08-2008, 11:49 AM
I agree! When I was making our dining plans for January (with 2 nieces) it was impossible for me to come up with great dinner ressies that included the characters. I decided to stick with character breakfasts every day and a few fun places for dinner like Coral Reef, Sci Fi, Whispering Canyon...hopefully good food AND fun for the girls

perkinsrose
11-08-2008, 12:00 PM
I agree! When I was making our dining plans for January (with 2 nieces) it was impossible for me to come up with great dinner ressies that included the characters. I decided to stick with character breakfasts every day and a few fun places for dinner like Coral Reef, Sci Fi, Whispering Canyon...hopefully good food AND fun for the girls

What about 1900 Park Fare dinner with Cinderella and crew?
Chef Mickey dinner always good--loud but good
We love Crystal Palace --breakfast, lunch & dinner

I like breakfasts too but hate to take away from less crowded attraction time.

MickeyNicki
11-08-2008, 12:03 PM
We did CM with the girls before and none of us liked the food at all although we did love the character interaction

1900 PF is way too loud, we did breakfast there before and DH said he would not go back there ever again

We are going to CP for breakfast so we can get into the park early and my older nieces is a huge Pooh fan

vickiea
11-08-2008, 04:57 PM
I guess it is the lack of lunch or evening character meals that I really noticed. With young kids, they don't last too well going from our off-site location (even though it is amazingly close) to a park without having breakfast yet, plus as others have said it takes away time from quiet park hours.

My kids would love to do the characters at Tusker House, I just really wish it was for dinner.

Oh well I better stop complaining and book something.

Vickie