PDA

View Full Version : When faxing

disneyfan4u
11-07-2008, 10:32 PM
When you send a fax to the resort you are staying at asking for a specific need before you leave how far in advance do you do it and how do you usually word it that has worked? TIA

Deb & Bill
11-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Don't bother faxing DVC resorts because they don't accept faxes. I think WL doesn't accept them either.

skipperkim
11-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Don't bother faxing DVC resorts because they don't accept faxes. I think WL doesn't accept them either.

WL does not accept them. Usually your room is assigned 4 or 5 days before your arrival. The other deluxes, moderates, and values do accept them.

safetymom
11-08-2008, 04:33 AM
If you have the requests in your reservation there is no need to fax.

pepe2123
11-08-2008, 04:36 AM
All Disney resorts accept faxes for room preferences. The only resort that you can't will be the WL and all DVC resorts.

Because the resorts download the reservations from the central resevation system 1 week prior to your arrival, I recommend that you send the fax like 3 or 4 days before your arrival but not more than 4 days (because of past experiences). Send the fax to " Attn: Room Assigner" .

Don't attempt to send the fax more than 4 days before your arrival because sometimes the resorts don't have the reservation in their system, that's why I recommend you to send it exactly 3 days before arrival.

Have a nice trip!!!!

goofy4tink
11-08-2008, 07:15 AM
All Disney resorts accept faxes for room preferences. The only resort that you can't will be the WL and all DVC resorts.

Because the resorts download the reservations from the central resevation system 1 week prior to your arrival, I recommend that you send the fax like 3 or 4 days before your arrival but not more than 4 days (because of past experiences). Send the fax to " Attn: Room Assigner" .

Don't attempt to send the fax more than 4 days before your arrival because sometimes the resorts don't have the reservation in their system, that's why I recommend you to send it exactly 3 days before arrival.

Have a nice trip!!!!
Not sure where you got that info, but I've been told by CMs at the Polynesian that they stopped even looking at faxes years ago. To the best of my knowledge, the reservations aren't even in the resort hands until 4-5 days before arrival.
Can you just imagine those poor room assigners, trying to sift through all the faxes, and then trying to get everyone what they want?? They have been inundated in the past.
Put whatever requests you want in your original reservation. There is no need to send a fax. I realize that a lot of people will tell you that they send faxes and they have gotten every single thing they requested, every single time. But, so have I, without faxing. I'm looking at my 18th stay at WDW, some DVC, most not...and with the exception of one stay at POP, I have gotten my requests met every time when not at a DVC resort..and that's about 12 stays.
It just bogs the system down to send in faxes. But, do what you wish.