PDA

View Full Version : Tell me we'll love AS-Movies..or at least that our boys will....

Mamakoala
11-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi
Last year we stayed at AKL with the discount in Jan and LOVED it, and a part of me was convinced that Disney would come out with a code we could apply to our (non-changeable) Jan1 -jan 8 vacation. We booked at AS-Movies, but I truly believed there would be a code that would allow us to move up to AKL or at least a Mod without paying much more..well, the discount doesn't apply til the 4th, so that's out, and DH is unwilling to pay to upgrade...so AS-Movies it is....I know the boys will love it (aged 3 and 6) and that's 90% of my joy, but will DH and I (hotel snobs that we are) be okay?

Make me feel better! :grouphug:

jenjersnap
11-07-2008, 08:20 PM
It'll be fine. We are deluxe lovers but spent one night at ASMO in 9/07 before moving to our package at the Poly. My boys LOVED it and wanted to stay longer. We dipped our toes into the main pool and, like every part of the resort, it's fun and cheerful and beautifully themed like the entire resort. It's not deluxe, no, but it's different, not vacation resort-y like the deluxes but energetic and Disney and, as long as you stay in that mindset, you'll be fine.

Our room was spotlessly clean and larger than I expected. We were in the toy story building but facing the gardens, rather than the courtyard. It was quiet, yet close to everything, a great location (it's preferred though) My kids could have played in that courtyard with the giant Woody and Buzz all day.

The food court had lots of options. Now, the main downside was that our boys were a bit intimidated by the crowds and noise in the food court but I think they would have adjusted.

Mamakoala
11-07-2008, 08:22 PM
thank you so much! i just have to approach it with a different mindset, I think. Like "this is totally DISNEY! and fun!" rather than as a place to relax and have wine and enjoy the beatiful architecture LOL...

I know it will be okay, We've inquired about Toy Story or Buzz Lightyear rooms, so that upgrade might make it even better. :cool1:

kymom99
11-07-2008, 08:25 PM
We stayed there when my son was 5. He loved it and it was fine for us too. The themeing is so cute and fun! Great photo opportunities.

maxiesmom
11-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Just as an FYI, the All Star Movies rooms have not been refurbed yet, but the rooms at the Sports and the Music were. And there have been a few posts recently saying that there is a noticable need for the Movies to have a refurb. You may want to take that into consideration, and look at switching to the Sports or the Music. I have stayed at both of them this year, and they are both wonderful resorts.

The Music is also doing games and movies by the pool, which adds to the fun of that resort.:goodvibes Just thinking that if you and your hubby are "hotel snobs" you may be happier in the newly remodeled rooms of the Sports or Music.

Shmily1
11-07-2008, 10:29 PM
We love AS Movies and Music!!! We've stayed at almost all of the resorts on property, from all levels. We stay a lot at the AS resorts simply because I love them not because of money. We've been six times this year and almost all were at the AS resorts. They are designed for fun and that's exactly why I go to WDW!!!

The AS resorts are so close to each other that walking over to Music for the activities for your children is only a couple minutes away. Music seems to be more spread out than Movies and takes longer to get to the main building from some areas. Music has been refurbished but Movies is still a great resort just like it is. On our last trip there, we stayed in the Mighty Ducks section facing the parking lot and AS Music. It was soooo easy to zip over there whenever we wanted.

We are contemplating our annual December trip and my January b-day trip now and I'm still wanting to go back to one of the AS resorts!!! :thumbsup2