PDA

View Full Version : Disney surprise

molocjm
11-06-2008, 01:45 PM
I am giving my chidlren a surprise trip. Got any ideas on how to actually give the surprise?

lovetoscrap
11-06-2008, 02:06 PM
I think our Disney Tips board may have some suggestions. Are you giving them the surprise ahead of time or when you leave?

We surprised our kids once. We had the car all packed, woke them up early and told them that we were going to Grandma's. At that time it was about a 6 hour drive to Grandma's and 12 hours to WDW. My older child figured out after about 6 hours that we should have been at Grandmas, and besides how come nothing looks familiar? We told her we were taking a new, more senic route! She got really suspicious when she figured out we were in South Carolina! We finally stopped at a rest stop right before the Florida border and I told DH she was going to figure it out as soon as she saw the Welcome to FL signs so we better tell. I had gift bags made up for them with their mouse ears, wallets with spending money, new tshirts, and a few other things. I told them "Well, you are right, we aren't going to Grandma's. Here are some things that you will need where we ARE going."

They loved the surprise.

bkhuntsman
11-06-2008, 04:01 PM
When I was younger my parents decided to surprise me and my sisters with a trip to Disney for spring break. So on Christmas Eve before we opened all our presents they gave us all a small day planner/calendar and told us to look through it and our trip to WDW was written in on the days we would be there. It was fun that we had to look through to figure out why they were giving us the calendars

ccmystic16
11-07-2008, 01:18 PM
For the last 2 years we have surprised our 2 children. This past year we decided to make special invitations from Tinker Bell :tinker: . We sent them off to school and then loaded our van and waited patiently..ok not so patiently for 1130 to arrive so they would still get credit for the day. I went in the school and checked them out. They both looked very puzzled and asked what was wrong. I told them nothing that my husband was waiting in the car. Once in the car my son noticed it was very full and packed for an obvious trip. On their seat was an envelope I had left them from Tinker Bell. As they sat down they both began to open there envelope and there it was the invite from Tinker Bell to Disney World. It worked great! I also made special gift bags for them as well. This started the tradition of every day while at Disney World Tinker Bell would come in the night and leave any special invitations to events for the day....ie BBB, character meals, etc. with time and locations. That way they would always now that we had to be there because Tinker Bell would be looking for us. It was great. My 5 year old daughter loved it but eventually my 8 year old son caught on to the idea.

Hope this helps.