PDA

View Full Version : Other options for TE

dtum
11-06-2008, 06:36 AM
I've been reading that TE's food has gone a little down-hill. We've always enjoyed breakfast there, but are thinking about other outside Disney options. Someone said there is a Golden Corral near by....can you tell me where? Also, when we were on a bus (I think going to MGM Studios) we saw a McDonald's that was really bright and "kid" looking. It wasn't at Downtown Disney, just on the road. Can anyone tell me what road that may have been and how to get there? Thanks for the help in advance.

becky1960
11-06-2008, 07:21 AM
If you go out the back way to Vista Blvd and 535 there are several resturants, Burger King, I Hop, Etc. This would be close, I think Golden Corral is in Kissimmee, which is a little further..

To get to 535 take a left as you exit FW and go straight till it deadends and turn right (about 1 mile).. The Mcdonalds is over by AK I think..

dtum
11-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Thanks. That sounds pretty easy

disneywithfive
11-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Also, when we were on a bus (I think going to MGM Studios) we saw a McDonald's that was really bright and "kid" looking. It wasn't at Downtown Disney, just on the road. Can anyone tell me what road that may have been and how to get there? Thanks for the help in advance.

There is a McD's on the way to the All-Stars. You would have passed it on the bus to Animal Kingdom. Not easy to get to unless you have a car. I guess you could ride a bus to All Star Sports and then walk but it would be some distance. If I wanted McDonalds, I just take the bus to DTD and eat there. It's setup just like the one near the All-Stars.

We4mickey
11-06-2008, 09:50 AM
I believe Golden Corral is just on the other side of I-4. If you head from DTD down hotel blvd, take a right when you get to the stop and go lights. This is the corner where Crossroads shopping center is. Golden Corral is on the left after you go under the freeway.

bradisgoofy
11-08-2008, 12:57 AM
I believe Golden Corral is just on the other side of I-4. If you head from DTD down hotel blvd, take a right when you get to the stop and go lights. This is the corner where Crossroads shopping center is. Golden Corral is on the left after you go under the freeway.You are correct and it is usually packed at dinner time.

TomM
11-08-2008, 09:11 AM
There is also a McDonalds in the Crossroads area

Pirate-Jeff
11-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Crossroads also have a Hooters, Cicis pizza, Steak and Shake and the Pirate-Golf you can see from I-4 at EXIT 68

Directions from the fort

From FTW exit make a left onto Vista, go to the end of the road, make a right (535) after about 1+ miles you will come to a traffic lamp with a 7/11 on the left corner. if you make a left there is a steak and shake just up on the right. If you go straight there is a Cici's pizza and a Hooters and Pirate-golf on the right. If you make a right and go under I-4 (EXIT 68) I think I saw a Golden Corral and a Burger king. There many more choices here but these are the 1's my son liked.

There is also a McDonalds near the ALL STARS resorts. We did walk from the All Stars to that McD's once but can't remember how far it was. (2001)

AuburnJen92
11-08-2008, 01:11 PM
We also like going to the Chick-fil-a across the street from Golden Corral. There is also a Carrabba's down the street from GC if you take the road past GC towards the outlet mall. The road parallels I-4. There is also a cool Disney outlet that you can get some nice deals on park merchandise there as well. Just FYI.

auntie
11-09-2008, 07:20 PM
We like to eat at the Caribbean Beach Resort food court..no matter where we stay, we usually hit it two or three times. Good selection for lunch and dinner...haven't been there for breakfast though.
I'd say go over to the WL and eat at the Roaring Forks..but once you done that a couple of times..it's old. The selection there has gotten to be VERY limited. That's why we found ourselves going else where. We enjoy visiting the other resorts.

dtum
11-10-2008, 06:17 AM
Thanks so much for the great info (especially the driving directions from the fort). While we've been coming to Disney for years, we've never gone out the FW. Once our truck was parked, it stayed parked until we left. Never really wanted to go back out in the crazy traffic, but maybe this time we might need to take a day and explore (especially that outlet mall :) )