PDA

View Full Version : Writing to Troops Overseas

Katdb
11-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Hi Everyone!

I would very much like to write to a soldier overseas, and while I could write to 'any CF member' I thought that someone here might know of a soldier who would enjoy receiving a letter. I have recently joined the military myself, but won't actually be serving on behalf of the CF until I am done school. Especially at this time of year, I think it is important for these brave people to know how much we appreciate their sacrifices.

So... if anyone has a family member/friend who is serving overseas and you think they would like to receive a letter, could you please PM me their information:

RANK/INITIALS/NAME
UNIT/SECTION
OPERATION

Thank you so much!
Katdb
ASLt - Canadian Forces Navy MOTP

cdnmickeylover
11-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Congrats on joining the forces.

My son is in the Reserves and does have friends that are over in Afghanistan for this tour of duty. I will ask him for the address.

CaperTiff
11-06-2008, 04:41 PM
We have some friends from Petawawa(we just got posted out of pet this sumer) over there now, Im in the process of getting thier info to send some xmas packages I will pass it along when I get it.

Katdb
11-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Thank you!
Katdb

boundfordisney
11-20-2008, 04:19 PM
I would also like to send a letter or two if anyone has info for me:woohoo:

tribus121
11-20-2008, 08:26 PM
I would also like to send a letter or two if anyone has info for me:woohoo:

I live just out side CFB Gagetown and a couple membeers of our church have loved ones in Afghanistan i coud get the required info if anyone still wants it

Katdb
11-21-2008, 08:36 AM
I live just out side CFB Gagetown and a couple membeers of our church have loved ones in Afghanistan i coud get the required info if anyone still wants it

Hi Trubus,

Yes I would love the information. If you don't feel comfortable posting the info on the board (I understand privacy), could you PM me the info?
Thanks
Katdb

TiggerCat
11-21-2008, 07:59 PM
All the information necessary to send the troops a letter or email can be found at the following site:

"www.forces.gc.ca/site/Community/Messageboard/index_e.asp"

Note that there are some Troops that don't get regular mail and they do appreciate letters from anyone interested in writing. You can also post a message to the online forum. These men and woman do a fantastic job under very trying conditions and really appreciate the support. :thumbsup2

TC.