PDA

View Full Version : OT who has started Christmas Decorating? Updated Dec 6th Page 3

glenpreece
11-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I put up my first of 5 trees today. Plus my newest small tree. It is a Tinker Bell tree. It's lavender and 3ft tall, i did it myself it's not a tree ina box deal. The full size trees all have a theme. The 1st is a Disney Princess Tree pictured below. The other are a Pop Culture tree, a Victorian Tree (real tree), a hollywood tree (marilyn, Gone with the Wind, Wizard of Oz) and the last one is a Mickey and Friends tree. Any other Canucks as obsessed as my mom and I?

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/glenpreece/tree001.jpg

Here is the next tree, it's the Hollywood Tree, and yes that's Belle on top! As you can see she matches the Burgandy and Gold colour scheme.

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/glenpreece/tree007.jpg

Only 3 more to go, well that and everything else we do around here.

Debbie
11-04-2008, 04:55 AM
Ooooh! That is very pretty. Can you post the others, too?

I haven't started to decorate yet....have to get report cards done first.
I noticed in the Brandy Tree flier yesterday a 4-tier moving Disney tree....for $249.99. I'm thinking that I'll just cut out the picture, blow it up, and put it in a corner. :rotfl:

Susan2771
11-04-2008, 05:43 AM
Wow that's beautiful. We haven't started yet. Of course I can see why you would need to get a head start if you have 5 trees to put up. Your home must look like a winter wonderland when you are done. Have you been buying all the ornaments individually over the years or as a package? If you don't mind me asking, do you have any idea how much you have spent so far on Disney ornaments? We have only bought 5 so far during the 4 trips my hubby and have taken together and I guess they have cost us about $100 all together. It's the only must have souvenior I insist on getting when we go.

BitsnBearsMom
11-04-2008, 06:12 AM
That's beautiful - make sure you post the others for us to see too.
I have my Jim Shore Christmas Mickey's out and my small ceramic Christmas tree out. Will start getting more out little by little - real tree will go up the beginning of Deceber and the outside stuff will hopefully go up this weekend if I can convince dh.

amw
11-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Since it's so beautiful here in the GTA this week, I'm going to have to get those Christmas lights out ... at least up, if not on before the big :cold: ;)

Jaymie
11-04-2008, 08:43 AM
My outdoor lights are up but not on yet. I'll probably put up my "Disney only" tree after next weekend.

Northstar
11-04-2008, 09:17 AM
I haven't even taken down the Halloween decorations yet...

But you're inspiring me to get busy.

Subrbnmommy
11-04-2008, 09:48 AM
We decorated my DD's room last night. She has a mini pink princess tree and I got her pink lights for it!:santa:

glenpreece
11-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Wow that's beautiful. We haven't started yet. Of course I can see why you would need to get a head start if you have 5 trees to put up. Your home must look like a winter wonderland when you are done. Have you been buying all the ornaments individually over the years or as a package? If you don't mind me asking, do you have any idea how much you have spent so far on Disney ornaments? We have only bought 5 so far during the 4 trips my hubby and have taken together and I guess they have cost us about $100 all together. It's the only must have souvenior I insist on getting when we go.

Well they are a combination of MANY years of collecting. The majority are hallmark ornaments. My mom and I go on boxing day every year to get them 50% off. A few are from WDW, others are Disney Store ones from when I worked there and the rest are from Wal Mart, Zellers or Canadian Tire. I couldn't even guess how much I've spent on ornaments. It would be $1000's.

Since it's so beautiful here in the GTA this week, I'm going to have to get those Christmas lights out ... at least up, if not on before the big :cold: ;)

Yes I was hoping to convince my dad to do it this weeke too but he too has report cards to do.

F4disneyfan
11-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Our lights are up outside and the tree goes up this weekend.

Tantor
11-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I usually wait till after the Santa Claus Parade which is on the 15th in Brampton.

And the weather is so nice today I can't even think about X'mas yet. (but I have started X'mas shopping.....)

And yes, it would be a good time to put up those lights!!

TammyLynn33
11-04-2008, 11:27 AM
My Moms rule when I was little was Dec 1st. This Saturday was the Santa Claus Parade and i talked to my amazing wonderful mature DS6 and said buddy you just went trick or treating last night, Momma isnt really in the Christmas Spirit yet and hes said its ok Mom me neither.

I think we'll prob set up around Dec 10th. 2 weeks of Xmas IMO and I love it is plenty for me..:)

mommytodarlings
11-04-2008, 01:17 PM
That's beautiful. I would love to see pics of the rest of them, especially the Tinker Bell tree.

sammi
11-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Your tree is gorgeous! But we're not in the Christmas mood yet...and we got our first Christmas card yesterday from DH's aunt!!!!!! Oh my that's way too early for me!:confused:

We leave for warm sunny days in Florida this Friday!!!:banana: :thumbsup2 :yay:

Teresa Pitman
11-04-2008, 06:16 PM
WOW! That is gorgeous. We usually put up our decorations on December 1st, but we are heading down to WDW then this year, so I don't know if we'll decorate first, or wait until we come back. I guess it depends on how much time we have. I would love to do a themed tree like that. I hope you'll post pictures of your other trees - or better yet, invite us all over to see them!!

Teresa

Leanne1972
11-04-2008, 07:02 PM
I usually wait till after the Santa Claus Parade which is on the 15th in Brampton.

And the weather is so nice today I can't even think about X'mas yet. (but I have started X'mas shopping.....)

And yes, it would be a good time to put up those lights!!

Hi Karen,

I'm from Brampton too!

Leanne1972
11-04-2008, 07:04 PM
I took the halloween decorations down today. I'm hoping to put the outdoor Christmas lights up tomorrow.

glenpreece
11-04-2008, 08:12 PM
WOW! That is gorgeous. We usually put up our decorations on December 1st, but we are heading down to WDW then this year, so I don't know if we'll decorate first, or wait until we come back. I guess it depends on how much time we have. I would love to do a themed tree like that. I hope you'll post pictures of your other trees - or better yet, invite us all over to see them!!

Teresa
I live just east of oshawa so come on over!!!!

mollyseven
11-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey, we're east of oshawa also....port hope.
I still have my halloween lights up and would've taken them down and put up the christmas ones today but have a shoulder in a sling right now....hoping it's still warm for hubby to do it this weekend.
I just said today, We're going to disney for christmas does this mean we can leave all the trees downstairs this year??? the kids both said NOOOOO.
so I will be putting at least one tree up......after daughters birthday Dec. 2nd.

glenpreece
11-04-2008, 08:27 PM
we go to PH and Cobourg all the time.

glenpreece
11-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Here's Tree #2 the hollywood tree

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/glenpreece/tree007.jpg

glenpreece
11-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Here's what I accomplished today

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/glenpreece/tree019.jpg

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/glenpreece/tree016.jpg

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/glenpreece/tree014.jpg

Tinker Bell Tree

Mickey and Friends Tree

Fairy Tree

mollyseven
11-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Wow....
I love the tinker bell tree especially!!! What is that made of...what is the lavender? It's quite lovely and one of a kind for sure.
Because we are going to disney this year I am not in the mood to decorate at all. I told the kids we are only putting up 1 tree this year and I haven't even got the lights up outside!!!
I do however have decorations for our room already...well a few anyway.
I am searching for a small tree or something that would substitute as a tree for our table in the room at csr...... any ideas?

Keep posting the pictures....it's so cool to see some of the work you guys go to for your disney christmas trees.

glenpreece
11-19-2008, 07:57 PM
It's a lavendar flocked tree from Michaels. As soon as i saw it I knew it would be my new Tink tree.

DonnaBoo
11-19-2008, 08:23 PM
We're going to Disney for 3 weeks in December. So, the tree has been up for a few weeks, and the gifts are bought. Disney here we come.:banana:

minnie56
11-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Came back from Las Vegas last Friday to a whole house fully decorated by DD24!! I thought it was a bit early:confused3 But now--I love it. VERY cozy. Now to get the just-about-frozen flowers out of the driveway pots and make those Christmas-y too!

BraMax
11-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Your trees are beautiful.
My DH and one DS decorated the outside last weekend before it got to cold. We usually do the inside December 1st and everything comes down before January 1st. I did buy the Mickey wreath at the Disneystore during their 25% off sale. I wanted the tree skirt but I wouldn't pay $65 for it.

candielips
11-20-2008, 09:48 AM
I also live east of Oshawa, in Newcastle. Our outdoor lights are up and on, outdoor decorations are up, indoor tree is up and decorated, and most of indoor decorations are up. It takes all my might to make my DH wait until Nov 15 to put the stuff up.
If he had it his way, he'd put the lights up on Oct 31 after he is done taking down his halloween decorations.

Charleyann
11-24-2008, 04:49 AM
We put our tree up on Nov. 01/08 ! We love Christmas. We leave this Friday (Nov 28) to begin our month long vacation. We needed to see our Christmas before we left for a Florida Christmas!

Charleyann

glenpreece
12-03-2008, 08:47 PM
We put our tree up on Nov. 01/08 ! We love Christmas. We leave this Friday (Nov 28) to begin our month long vacation. We needed to see our Christmas before we left for a Florida Christmas!

Charleyann
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/glenpreece/tree042-1.jpg

Sorry I was slow posting this one, it's the tree in the family room, only one more to go and that'll be done this weekend.

DearDaisyinDurham
12-05-2008, 12:06 PM
I live just east of oshawa so come on over!!!!

we are close also. small world ! and your trees are stunning!!

:santa: DH made a 12 foot tall candy cane. here it is the night he made it - it's now in the front yard.:santa:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn139/peartreetravel/candycane.jpg

glenpreece
12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
we are close also. small world ! and your trees are stunning!!

:santa: DH made a 12 foot tall candy cane. here it is the night he made it - it's now in the front yard.:santa:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn139/peartreetravel/candycane.jpg
Thanks!! Wow that's quite the candy cane!!!

glenpreece
12-06-2008, 11:17 AM
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/glenpreece/tree051.jpg

That's it the final tree is done!!!! Merry Christmas everyone