PDA

View Full Version : Day Out Turned to Disaster...

Beth__WDW23/6/02
05-05-2002, 04:40 PM
We went to south port today, with chelsea etc and her cousin....
Well u girls ever seen those rides for kids? that go round and are little cars etc?
Well chelsea was in her pram, and we was walking towards it, and nx minute she was out,how i dunno, and she ran, and my heart stopped, mart and his mum seen her and me and we all scrambled to catch her,too late!
she ran on to the ride and the train's came along and hit her, as they hit hr mart grabbed her legs,if he hadnt she would of died.
there was no bollards blocking it,kids could easily run into the trains path and it wasnt going slow believe me...
Today i could of lost my daughter,i couldnt stop crying, she cried a little luckily it hit the side of her face, and head but she did have a thick hat on so that took the brunt of it, i really wanted to complain,but like marts mum said what would that do? they would cover there backs...
do you know the most hurtful thing of it all?
no body asked if she was k, they all looked at me as if i was a bad parent...that really upset me, i always try and drill it into chelsea never to run away and never go nr roads...but shes only TWO...what do you expect?
they are so quick at this age...i really really am upset, we could of been in casualty or even worse..i know i should think of that,but if that train had hit her, full on,it would of ripped her up the tracks...im so angry,upset,feel so bad....etc...shes ok,i should be grateful...

For any of you going to places like this keep ur kids strapped up tightly, or harnesses...im getting c some on tuesday...i had some but they got pinched with her pram...

Luv Beth
*Whos thanking god,cause he could of turned this day into the worst day of ours lives*

Know i should post it on here,but needed to vent...

:mad: :mad:

Hilary
05-06-2002, 02:11 AM
What a terrible thing to happen - but thank goodness it wasn't so much worse :( It just shows how unexpected things can happen, however careful you try to be.

I hope you all feel better about it this morning.

Astrid
05-06-2002, 02:45 AM
Oh dear, so sorry you had such an awful experience. Two year olds can be up and gone in the blink of an eye can't they, it's an exciting world out there for little'uns who can't see danger at such a young age.

Glad you're all ok.

Astrid x

lisag1
05-06-2002, 05:50 AM
Hi Beth,

How are you and Chelsea feeling today?? Hope you're ok and still not too shook up about it. Don't beat yourself up too much about it as these things happen. I remember a few years ago in Florida when Cameron was 2, we were at one of the Shopping Malls and he was having his picture taken to be scanned onto a Tshirt for his Grandma. My hubby put him on a stool and he had hold of him by his hips, out of the way of the photo. I was looking on feeling a bit uneasy and the dreaded fall happened straight onto tiled flooring. I was in a complete state but I nearly died when I saw his head as it had an egg sized lump and was completely blue. Of course, I panicked more but had to calm down as it was upsetting him, luckily he wasn't knocked unconscious and the emergency services were called by the store detectives. The police department, fire department and ambulance service all turned up!!!! He was taken to hospital but was ok, it was just a check up.

Hope you're feeling better,

Love Lisa

CarolynU
05-06-2002, 06:12 AM
I know that it is hard, but try not to dwell on it. All children regardless of supervision suddenly do dangerous things. It scares you to death, but just be thankful that nothing happened, and chalk it up to experience. Two year olds especially are unpredictable, and as you say do not realise the sudden danger that they are placing themselves in. Comfort yourself with the thought that all parents have 'been there' at one time or another, so we know what you are going through. Carolyn

Beth__WDW23/6/02
05-06-2002, 08:23 AM
Yes we are fine today,thanx..
Just shaken up,and a few marks on chelseas face.
I think like you all said,its all part of experiences,she fell down stairs not so long ago,shes getting so lively,adventurous and quick,how will we cope at disney lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Thanx for the lovely messages though, we needed it. :D

Luv Beth xx

Mrs Dazzle
05-06-2002, 09:09 AM
Beth - glad Chelsea was OK. What a terrible shock for you all. We've had three trips to casualty with Katie when she was younger. Puts everything else into perspective when your children are involved, doesn't it.

Keep your chin up - everyone is ok.

Janice
05-06-2002, 10:01 AM
Oh I am sorry to hear about the accident, but glad that you are all feeling a little better today!
What a dreadful shock for you.