PDA

View Full Version : Elf Island Blog 10/31 - OPENS TUESDAY!

aengus
10-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Here is the contents of the new blog :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Elf Island Is Opening!

Pre-Registered Users Catch the First Boats to Elf Island Beta!
For those who have pre-registered with Elf Island, sound the alarms and alert your friends: beginning this Tuesday, the first boat sets sail for Elf Island!
The anticipation is building as the elves prepare for your arrival within the next two weeks. Many have been working around the clock to ensure you have the best experience as a new elf on our island.
As one of the first to inhabit Elf Island, you will notice that we have five island rules:
1. Have fun! You’ve earned bragging rights being the 1st to inhabit Elf Island.
2. Share your thoughts and ideas. You are making Elf Island the best virtual world.
3. Think creatively! You are entering a fantastical world with great possibilities.
4. Remain patient and forgiving in this early stage of Elf Island.
5. Explore and listen! Elf Island is filled with hidden rooms, mini-games, special features and sounds.
Tuesday, November 4th from 4pm ET – 10pm ET our first boat will begin boarding pre-registered elves.
** Boarding rights are based on the date you requested a user name and password. **
Because of the overwhelming amount of kids that pre-registered, we will have one boat a day setting sail for Elf Island. Did you make the first boat? Don’t worry if you don’t see your user name on this list. We will have a new list of user names for the second boat on Wednesday.
Click here (http://www.elfisland.com/boatone.html) to see if you made the first boat.
Note - If you try to board one of our boats before the date you pre-registered, the elves will politely ask you to get back in line and patiently wait. Rest assured, your time will come. We will post new user names and continue these times (4pm ET – 10pm ET) daily until we launch to the public.
We expect this process to happen within a two-week timeframe. Soon thereafter, we will open Elf Island and allow the world to come experience our own fantastical world.
Please spread the word — Elf Island is coming.
http://blog.elfisland.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ticket3.jpg

mir4mad
10-31-2008, 09:58 AM
:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3:
YEAH! princessmadi(ro) princess: can't wait!
She is still missing VMK and playing with all of her friends very very much!

aengus
10-31-2008, 10:23 AM
woot, I see princessmadi on boat 1. We can ride the boat over together :)

Bugdozer
10-31-2008, 10:36 AM
WOOOOTT!!!:banana: :banana:

I am on the list. I can't wait for Tuesday. Looks like i will vote early and have the evening to explore!

Bug

threeboysmom
10-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Yay! Looks like a lot of us will be boating over together! :dance3:

Can't wait!

Belle1997
10-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Woot boat one and so is hubby lots of friendly names I see :)

LittleWoodenHead
10-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Congratulations to everyone who made it!

I see lots of old friends on the list -- but it looks like I missed the boat. :sad:

JGoof
10-31-2008, 12:49 PM
I missed the boat too. :(

Congrats to all who made it on boat 1.

Mean while, I am going to wait for your postcards... :surfweb:

aliceblue
10-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Look for bluebell on Boat One!:flower: Congratulations to everyone who made it!

I see lots of old friends on the list -- but it looks like I missed the boat. :sad:There's a new boat sailing every day for two weeks. Perhaps you'll be on the next one. :thumbsup2

wdwdreamin
10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm on the list! See you guys there!

Diva of Dragons
10-31-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm on the boat with all three names I registered! FeyDolphy, Dolphairy & ElvenMagic. DH missed the boat so I will hand over one of mine to him for the time being!

YAY!!! I can't wait to see you all there! :yay:

PrincessNoelle
10-31-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm on the boat with the names Noelle, Jenna, and Alexabelle. My daughter is Belle, Ella and Elizabeth. If I had known we were filling up boats, I might have waited on a few of these. I hope everyone who missed the first boat gets the next one!

lizbeth374
10-31-2008, 02:54 PM
:banana: I made the boat...woot! :banana:

goldengourd
10-31-2008, 03:43 PM
I made boat 1 with Candy Bit!

Uh Aengus, you do know today is the 31rst not the 14th, right?

aengus
10-31-2008, 04:11 PM
I made boat 1 with Candy Bit!

Uh Aengus, you do know today is the 31rst not the 14th, right?

oops, I do I do, not sure how I did that LOL

fixed!

IliketheTitanic
10-31-2008, 06:33 PM
4. Remain patient and forgiving in this early stage of Elf Island.

I cannot stress that enough, I know this probably wont be a problem for most DIS'ers but please do keep in mind that this is the first day, if you see someone stressing out over it please remind them if you can. If its one thing we learned from VMK its patience.

Hope to see everyone tuesday at 4:00!

Cardinal
10-31-2008, 09:25 PM
I made the first boat, but I forgot my password! What do I do?

Bugdozer
10-31-2008, 09:43 PM

Try real hard to remember it. There was no e-mail sent when we registered so i am not sure if there is a way to retrieve lost passwords yet.

Bug

Terri.M
10-31-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm in and so are my kids!!!

We're aloha_tea, capt_taytay and jules!

See.low
11-01-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm on the first boat, but not sure if I'll make it after work and voting. Hopefully I'll make it back in time.

I'm in and so are my kids!!!

We're aloha_tea, capt_taytay and jules!

Hi Tea!!! :wave:
Can't wait to hang! I've missed you.

-See puckerup:

sharkm
11-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Woot!! I made it too. So glad to see alot of us will be on the first boat & that it is finally starting.:thumbsup2

Dreamytime
11-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Sweet I made it in with mpnnng and mpnnngky :P
:)

CutieEm
11-01-2008, 08:07 AM
I missed the boat :(

But hope you guys who have made it have fun =]

bevgray
11-01-2008, 08:39 AM
EngineerTiger and TinkerBlue look forward to elf-cruising on the first boat with so many old friends.

rickyratsmom
11-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah!!! I made the first boat!!! Can't wait to see all my VMK friends at the mouse hole!!

TwirlerGirl
11-01-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm on the first boat as Twinkletoes if I can find my password. I did write it down somewhere. ??? lol It seems like a forever time since I registered. Come on memory, don't fail me now.

Sugar
11-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Hooray! :woohoo:

I see a lot of friends on that list :thumbsup2

Hope I'm on a boat that's departing this coming week :D

- Sugar

aliceblue
11-01-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm on the first boat as Twinkletoes if I can find my password. I did write it down somewhere. ??? lol It seems like a forever time since I registered. Come on memory, don't fail me now.I think a lot of us are in the same "boat" since there were no emails required for preregistration, and it was soooo long ago. :rolleyes:

sm4987
11-01-2008, 06:26 PM
I made boat 1! Fairypower will be setting sail! Can't wait to see you all.

Imagineer_Tech
11-01-2008, 08:06 PM
I made first boat. I'll try to be there the day it opens. :)

Lauralee
11-02-2008, 12:28 AM
WooHoo! I made it on the first boat! Looking forward to seeing lots of friends on the isle :)

vmkfan13
11-02-2008, 09:50 AM
I made it but I don't see anyone else I know..

supermonkey
11-02-2008, 11:43 AM
I made it hope to see everyone on tuesday =D

threeboysmom
11-02-2008, 01:20 PM

Oh STINK! I think I'm in the same boat as Card (no pun intended... really!) I don't think I'm going to remember my password now after all this time has passed. I do remember having to add number/s to my "usual" password and thinking to myself, "hope this opens soon bc I probably won't remember this"... and guess what... months later, there's not a chance in the world I'm going to remember what I picked for a password. Grrr....

cteddiesgirl
11-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Yay! I'm on the first boat along with a lot of familiar names. Woot! Can't wait to see you all there!

I'm on the first boat as Twinkletoes if I can find my password. I did write it down somewhere. ??? lol It seems like a forever time since I registered. Come on memory, don't fail me now.

That's why I have a list in my computer of all my registered names and passwords. :) So if I do forget, I can look it up.

I truly hope that those who are having trouble remembering their passwords do remember them. I want to see al my friends again!

sm4987
11-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Yay! I'm on the first boat along with a lot of familiar names. Woot! Can't wait to see you all there!

That's why I have a list in my computer of all my registered names and passwords. :) So if I do forget, I can look it up.

I truly hope that those who are having trouble remembering their passwords do remember them. I want to see al my friends again!

I have a list in my computer too! I will forget a pasword in a minute!

Dreamytime
11-02-2008, 07:25 PM
I do better than that...I email myself my list to my hotmail account....one set up for just holding important files.... You know usernames, passwords, my mp3 of "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis...oops tmi, huh? :P

Then if my computer crashes, I have that list safe.

Redundancy...redundancy...redundancy... :D

FlyingPegasus
11-02-2008, 11:06 PM
:sad1: :sad1: I did not make the first boat! I am just glad they waited until after I got back from vacation to open.

I had to go with FlyinPegasus as they only allow so many spaces for your name.

Well you guys get the game all figured out for those of us who are still waiting!

Lots of familar names on that list though! Woot!

Hope to see you all soon! :dance3:

Fly:hippie:

MomsGoneGoofy
11-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Woot :woohoo: Goofer and fantasymooma will be sailing over on the first boat. So many familiar names setting sail.

:sad1: Fly - sorry you didn't make the first boat. Hope you make the next one.:hug:

disvaclub92
11-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Woot! My girls and I made the ship so they are excited to have a game we can play together again. :)

TLinden16
11-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Jellyrolls made boat one, but Boogies is going to have to wait.

PopStar
11-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Woot! I made the first boat! :dance3: I can't wait to meet up with everyone again! :cool1:

As for anyone who didn't make the first boat, hopefully you get on the next one! :goodvibes

Fingers Crossed - Good Luck Elf Island! :thumbsup2

IliketheTitanic
11-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I made it but I don't see anyone else I know..

Ill and me are on the list :)

vmkfan13
11-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Ill and me are on the list :)

Oh right! Ill had a name change I guess.

PurpleDuck
11-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Both Duck and ILikeCheeze made the first boat!

So very many friends I see on boat 1, long missed since VMK closed. :hug:

For those still on shore, we shall be at the dock waiting for you to arrive! :goodvibes

aengus
11-04-2008, 06:45 AM
woot! is it 4 yet? @_@

Belle1997
11-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Yeah found my list with passwords. Knew I would forget so I emailed it to myself long time ago :)

Probably will not be on until this evening so looking forward to the first investigative boat to report back :)

See.low
11-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Anyone know Elf Island's official closing time? I'm not sure how long I'll be waiting in line this evening and I'm hoping to make it back before it closes.

threeboysmom
11-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Anyone know Elf Island's official closing time? I'm not sure how long I'll be waiting in line this evening and I'm hoping to make it back before it closes.

I believe it ends at 10 EST (if I'm reading it right)... so 7:00 p.m. your time :thumbsup2

See.low
11-04-2008, 11:57 AM
I believe it ends at 10 EST (if I'm reading it right)... so 7:00 p.m. your time :thumbsup2

WHaaaaat??!? That's WAY too early! :sad1:

aengus
11-04-2008, 01:39 PM
I believe the time you see is just a beta thing, they made a point to actually type the date and time in the message.

Tuesday, November 4th from 4pm ET – 10pm ET our first boat will begin boarding pre-registered elves.
** Boarding rights are based on the date you requested a user name and password. **

cyre
11-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Nice to see a time set for the East coasters for a change! LOL it always seems everything's for PST! ;)

See.low
11-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Nice to see a time set for the East coasters for a change! LOL it always seems everything's for PST! ;)

Who are you? You must be new here. ;)

PrincessNoelle
11-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Looks good so far...

aliceblue
11-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Looks good so far...Lots to explore if I can get past several bugs I've encountered already. This is running very slowly on my laptop. :(

I can barely move or speak; going to abandon this for now. Unless something changes dramatically in the game, it looks like my computer is not going to be able to handle it.