PDA

View Full Version : Our Happy Birthday with Mickey trip

A Small World
10-29-2008, 05:13 AM
I thought it was about time I started a pre trippie for our iminent trip so here goes.

Cast:
Me
DH
DD - Charys -(now 8 but will be a whole year older when we go)

It is Charys' birthday on 12 th November. When we were in Cafe Mickey in summer she kept seeing people having birthday cakes and kept asking if we could go for her birthday so she could have one as well. The answer was no.
However a few weeks ago we (well DH) started googling and checking prices to go for the weekend and came up with a good deal. So a few clicks on the computer later and it was booked.

We fly from Manchester to CDG on Fri 14th Nov at 19.40 arriving at 22.10. We've always driven to DLP before so it will be very different flying for a change.

We intend booking a transfer through BS to get us to our hotel- Kyriad.

As it will be so late when we arrive we will just collapse into bed ready for an early start.

We will be booking Cafe Mickey plus birthday cake for Sat lunchtime then will just grab a snack in the park in the evening.
On Sunday we will probably eat at Annettes at lunchtime.

Our fight back leaves at 21.20 so we have most of the day in the park as well.

We probably wont bother with the Studios and just concentrate on the main park.

We are hoping to soak up the Christmas atmosphere, see all the Christmas shows/parades etc and generally have a fun time. Hopefully BTM will be reopened after its closure the week before or there will be 2 very sad girls (me and DD)

Oh and DD still doesnt know anything about this. We are telling her on her birthday that we are going on the Friday - 2 days later. I cant wait to see her face :cheer2:

mommy2ash
10-29-2008, 05:19 AM
aaaw she is gonna be so excited. i cant wait till ash is older so i can do that to her!!!

MrsTigger
10-29-2008, 05:33 AM
Aww sounds like a lovely surprise!

Dianetigger
10-29-2008, 05:46 AM
Sounds absolutely fantastic! You need to get someone to take a picture of her as you break the fabulous news!

A Small World
10-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Sounds absolutely fantastic! You need to get someone to take a picture of her as you break the fabulous news!

Oh we'll try to get a picture but you'll probably hear her screaming from your house Diane.

Mr Small World has made me a new ticker as well now :yay:

joolz1910
10-29-2008, 11:09 AM
How exciting!:goodvibes I think surprising someone is almost as good as going. I bet you can hardly wait to tell her. My eldest will be 9 when we go and it's a great age - old enough to appreciate the trip but still young enough not to be 'too grown up for Disney'.

DLPdaft
10-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Sounds like a perfect birthday weekend to me :wizard:

gemmybear83
10-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Have a fab time Smallworld, I have always thought the Kyraid looks lovely so will be loking forward to your detailed trippie upon your return ;)

Anne64
10-30-2008, 07:42 AM
What a fantastic surprise :cheer2:

What a gorgeous name you have given your dd :goodvibes

A Small World
10-30-2008, 01:19 PM
What a fantastic surprise :cheer2:

What a gorgeous name you have given your dd :goodvibes

Thank you - Ive mentioned on here before we waited a long time to use it - about 18 yrs as we kept having boys.

Disney Princess Elli
10-30-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm going the week before and I'm like sooooooo upset that Thunder Mountain's closed when we go! :sad1:

PJackson
10-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Wow - that's some great surprise! I'm sure she'll be thrilled - what a lucky girl. Hope you have a fab time :cool1: :thumbsup2

A Small World
10-31-2008, 02:33 AM
2 weeks today and we'll be setting off. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Rachie B
11-01-2008, 04:40 AM
awww what a lovely bday surprise :lovestruc

hildasmuriel
11-01-2008, 04:51 AM
What a fantastic surprise. Hope you have a brilliant time.

A Small World
11-01-2008, 06:04 AM
Thank you everyone.

This time in 2 weeks we'll be in Cafe Mickey :cheer2:

We're going to phone next week and book it and a birthday cake.

Ware Bears
11-01-2008, 04:50 PM
What a lovely birthday surprise. :goodvibes

A Small World
11-03-2008, 02:36 PM
we've booked the parking at Manchester airport tonight and the BS transfers.

DH is going to phone to book Cafe Mickey tomorrow when Charys is at school

Im getting excited as its getting nearer :cheer2: :cheer2:

tennisfan
11-03-2008, 03:31 PM
A lovely surprise for your DD, I stayed in the Kyriad last year & can't fault it. The duvets were lovely my friend & I contemplated taking them home with us:rotfl2:

gemmybear83
11-03-2008, 03:38 PM
we've booked the parking at Manchester airport tonight and the BS transfers.

DH is going to phone to book Cafe Mickey tomorrow when Charys is at school

Im getting excited as its getting nearer :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm excited for you :goodvibes

jillrobinson
11-03-2008, 03:42 PM
You will have a fabulous time at Cafe Mickey, DS didn't know I'd planned his birthday cake there, when they started singing and clapping he said "Looks like someone's else is having a Birthday too", his face was a picture when they brought the cake to him... It was a really lovely moment, hope yours is as magical.
Can't wait to hear how your DD reacts when you tell her :banana:
I agree with you about leaving WDS until next time, there'll be so much to do and see in the park I doubt you'll have time to nip next door.

A Small World
11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Cafe Mickey is booked now.

12.00 on the Saturday with a birthday cake for DD

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

giuly09
11-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Cafe Mickey is booked now.

12.00 on the Saturday with a birthday cake for DD

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Great :goodvibes :goodvibes she will remeber this birthday for a long time i think !!!!!

Boo-Boo
11-06-2008, 05:26 AM
OOooooo not long now! Have a fab time :cool1:

cap'njack.
11-06-2008, 06:25 AM
What an awesome surprise. I can't wait for when Kacee is old enough to surprise like that!

mummyal
11-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Aww what a special surprise!!:lovestruc

I can't wait till the kids find out where we're going as well. Hopefully, we'll be able to keep shtump until we arrive at check-in at Eurostar and hopefully I'll remember to have my camera ready.

A Small World
11-07-2008, 01:50 PM
This time next week we'll be in the air on our way there :banana:

Dianetigger
11-07-2008, 04:30 PM
This time next week we'll be in the air on our way there :banana:

You sound just a little excited!! :thumbsup2

A Small World
11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
You sound just a little excited!! :thumbsup2

Dont forget to wave at every plane that flies over your house on Friday evening Diane in case Im on it :rotfl:

A Small World
11-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Well the secret is now out and DD is so excited :cheer2: :cheer2:

More info and pics later after her birthday party

Dianetigger
11-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Dont forget to wave at every plane that flies over your house on Friday evening Diane in case Im on it :rotfl:

I won't move from the window all night - I promise!!!

ema74
11-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Wonderful birthday present!!! Can I have one pleaseeeeee?:flower3:

tennisfan
11-12-2008, 03:38 PM
I look forward to seeing the pics:goodvibes

thelittlemermaid83
11-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Awwww I bet she is so excited.

A Small World
11-13-2008, 01:16 PM
I didnt get chance to post any more last night about the surprise.

DD woke up about 6.30 yesterday very excited as it was her birthday - she climbed into bed with me and we gave her her cards and presents. Usually we just pile them all up and let her choose what order she wants to open them but this year we had a specific one we wanted her to open first. the one from Mickey.

We gave her it and told her to read the envelope so she started reading the address so we told her to look in the corner where it said "A message from Mickey Mouse" - that got her excited so she ripped it open to find a card with a picture of Eeyore on and a photo of herself with Mickey.

Inside it had a message saying that she is always a good girl when Mickey sees her at Disney " so its great that you are coming back".

She turned to us and said "am I going back?"

She read on and saw the words - "We are looking forward to seeing you at DLP on Saturday"

She screamed am I going on Saturday? so we said "no"

She looked disappointed so we said "We're not going on Saturday, but we are going on Friday"

She was so excited.

gemmybear83
11-13-2008, 01:24 PM
I didnt get chance to post any more last night about the surprise.

DD woke up about 6.30 yesterday very excited as it was her birthday - she climbed into bed with me and we gave her her cards and presents. Usually we just pile them all up and let her choose what order she wants to open them but this year we had a specific one we wanted her to open first. the one from Mickey.

We gave her it and told her to read the envelope so she started reading the address so we told her to look in the corner where it said "A message from Mickey Mouse" - that got her excited so she ripped it open to find a card with a picture of Eeyore on and a photo of herself with Mickey.

Inside it had a message saying that she is always a good girl when Mickey sees her at Disney " so its great that you are coming back".

She turned to us and said "am I going back?"

She read on and saw the words - "We are looking forward to seeing you at DLP on Saturday"

She screamed am I going on Saturday? so we said "no"

She looked disappointed so we said "We're not going on Saturday, but we are going on Friday"

She was so excited.

Awww that is so cute!!!

A Small World
11-13-2008, 01:36 PM
I was trying to post a photo of her face when she found out but the PC is playing up- I'll try again later

A Small World
11-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Well thanks to Air France cancelling our flight tomorrow evening we are now going tomorrow morning instead which means we have extra time at DLP.

We only have a 2 day park pass but are considering getting APs anyhow which would mean we had the pass for the extra day.

We are still eating at Cafe Mickey on Saturday but are now considering eating at Annettes tomorrow when we arrive as we naerly always eat there on our first day

Dianetigger
11-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Awww love the story behind her opening her presents, what a wonderful surprise for her and I hope you manage to post a picture of her face - bet it was wonderful!
Have a great time and don't forget to look out the plane window and wave!!

A Small World
11-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Awww love the story behind her opening her presents, what a wonderful surprise for her and I hope you manage to post a picture of her face - bet it was wonderful!
Have a great time and don't forget to look out the plane window and wave!!

I'll be waving like mad Diane in case you are there :rotfl:

poppyolivia
11-17-2008, 08:57 AM
awww I cried when reading the suprise!!!! You are such a cool parents!!