PDA

View Full Version : Handicap rooms at GCH

wfbnancy
10-27-2008, 07:44 PM
What type of rooms are available for the GCH for Handicap.? Does anyone have suggestions of where to request? Any info would be helpful.

toocherie
10-27-2008, 08:02 PM
we have requested (and gotten) a room with a roll-in shower--the room is small, however, and is hard to maneuver with a wheelchair and/or scooter.

our fave location was room 2000--right by the elevator--oftentimes the handicapped rooms for standard view are on the other side--which means a long trek around the building to get to your room from the elevator. (What architect genius decided on that?)

Krissy Marissy
10-27-2008, 11:23 PM
We were put into a handicap room during one of our stays there. I believe it was a themepark view. The room was quite roomy and felt larger than a regular room. Also the bathroom was HUGE! I havent had to get around in there with a wheelchair so I can't speak for that, however it was large and seemed like it wouldn't be difficult to get into the shower. I wish I had more info for you, like a room number. I do remember it was on the 4th floor. Sorry. :(

wfbnancy
10-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks so much for the info. My father can no longer step into a tub to shower so the roll in shower sounds great. If anyone has any other suggestions for our trip we would love to hear them. He will often travel by wheelchair due to weakness but can walk short distances. Thanks again,