PDA

View Full Version : David & Ian - PJ & TR Sept 17th 2009 - Epcot UK/Attic/UK Lockside - TR Starts PG 14

Pages : [1] 2

daveyc150
10-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi Guys

I have been trying to start this planning journal for some time now but just never seem to find the time. Hope you find it interesting and if anyone has any questions shout up!

I'm David and my partner is Ian and I am sure we will both be chipping into this journal so anything that one of us misses will probably be filled in by the other. We have been together since April 13th 2003, so that's about 5 and a half years (it feels like longer sometimes!!!). :hug: We met in February 2003 when we were both working in UK pavillion at Epcot, we had jobs as servers at the Rose & Crown. A very exciting time in both our lives, living away from home and also working in our dream jobs at Disney World. Unfortunately the International program runs only for 1 year so we had to come home, back to not-so-sunny England! :sad2:

Since we got home we moved in together and for the last 2 years have been talking about getting married. It's legal for that to happen here in the UK now but it wasn't really what we wanted, we wanted the dream wedding at WDW (If only the money could afford that!). At the time we were looking, Disney was not offering same sex ceremony's onsite and we almost decided on a Vegas wedding (minues elvis and the pastel blue suits with the ruffles). So we were so excited when Disney decided to change their policy and allow us to hold our ceremony at there.

So we set about our planning just over a year ago when I propsed to Ian in front of Spaceship Earth (The Epcot Ball!) in September 2007. As I am sure you all noticed from the thread title we have decided to hold our ceremony in the United Kingdom pavillion followed by a reception at the Attic in the Boardwalk and then later on in the evening a Dessert Party at Epcot at UK Lockside (It really bugs that disney spells this incorrectly!!!!).

Our Wedding co-ordinator was absolutely amazing, she managed to get us all sorted really quickly and we got all the locations that we wanted, :worship: DFTW.

Our ceremnoy will be quite small probably about 20 guests, we will then leave orlando 2 days later to take the 7 night western Disney Cruise to Mexico!!!!

I have probably rambled for far too long now but I thought i'd include a couple of pictures from our recent holiday to Disneyland.

I'm the one on the right in both pictures (the one wearing glasses), Ian is on the left.

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/daveyc150/P1010026-1.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/daveyc150/P1010187-1.jpg

rpmdfw
10-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Congratulations!

You're going to love it!

My partner and I also met in 2003 at Disneyworld!

And we just had our Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding(http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1831649) last month!

Enjoy every minute of it, it goes by quickly, but it's SO much fun, and so worth it!

Wazzo
10-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Hooray!! Congratulations! :cheer2: I'm so excited to hear more. Our wedding is in the summer, and we have very similar locations! :thumbsup2

MegKate
10-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Congrats on the engagement! :goodvibes I love that you proposed in front of Spaceship Earth (my fav. Epcot thing). :lovestruc

I probably saw you two at the Rose and Crown - Feb 2003 is the first time I went there - now we have to go every year because my other half loves the yard of beer idea (even though it's only like two bottles!) :rotfl:

Again congrats are in order! I'm going to subscribe so I can keep up with you two - we're getting married about a month after you guys! :goodvibes

DisneyBrideToni
10-26-2008, 12:53 AM
YAY CONGRATS!!!!! :yay:

I can't wait to hear about all your plans!!!!!!!!!

You two look like such a cute couple!!!! That is exciting that you met in Disney!

daveyc150
10-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments, we will try and keep this as up to date as possible with lots of info. We are both really excited about all the planning, it's almost as exciting as the actual day!!!!!!

lurkyloo
10-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Hooray for starting your planning journal! I remember when you first came on the wedding boards, and since then I've been thinking, "I wonder how their plans are going..." :goodvibes

bridetobe789
10-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Congratulations! You guys are very cute together!! I'm glad you guys get to have your wedding @ the UK! Definitely seems like a happy ending to the beginning of a relationship! Not many people can say that they were married just about the same place they met !! Can't wait to hear all about it!

daveyc150
10-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Hooray for starting your planning journal! I remember when you first came on the wedding boards, and since then I've been thinking, "I wonder how their plans are going..." :goodvibes

Thanks Carrie, you wedding actually encouraged us to look at other options for ours, the Attic and a theme park venue - without inspiration from you our wedding would probably be something completely different. :cool1:

daveyc150
10-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Congratulations! You guys are very cute together!! I'm glad you guys get to have your wedding @ the UK! Definitely seems like a happy ending to the beginning of a relationship! Not many people can say that they were married just about the same place they met !! Can't wait to hear all about it!

We are really excited to be having it in the UK pavillion, I even remeber the exact moment that we met. I had been there for a few months and it was Ian's first day and I was his trainer. It was a couple months after that when we finally got together.

IndyBride
10-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Hooray for another PJ!! Great start and we can't wait to hear all the details!!! I'm glad you were able to have your ceremony at the best place on earth!

epcot1982uk
10-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Just thought I would say "Hi" and introduce myself!

Here are few more pictures of us both in the first few months after we met. I always like the planning journals with a lot of pictures, so I am going to try to put a lot in here!!!!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/Pub.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/RC.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/Us.jpg

MegKate
11-02-2008, 01:11 AM
You two look so happy together! :thumbsup2 Love the pictures!

daveyc150
11-10-2008, 01:09 PM
OK so as you have probably noticed now, I am rubish at this!

Things have been busy here over the last couple of weeks with work and trying to make plans for next year so I just haven't found the time to get on here and write and update.

SOOOOO many things have been organised over the last two weeks I feel like I am super organised but then I realsie all of the things that haven't happend yet and start to in planning mode. We have booked our flights, our hotels, photographer (Misty) and had a planning session. We picked our food and planned out the day and it all even sounds like it's within our budget so far. :cool1:

I promise to do a proper update soon but we are having officiant issues at the moment - we just can't decide who to choose? :confused3

So if anyone has any suggestions please let us know!

David

epcot1982uk
11-13-2008, 01:12 PM
I just wanted to share pictures of our "Save the dates". I know that Disney send them out for you, but we wanted to make something a bit more personal, plus I have been planning to make these for over a year!!!

Save the date cards
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/IMG_1405-1.jpg

Cards and envelopes
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/IMG_1408-1.jpg

When we were at WDW last year David asked for some extra blank room keys so that we could make them. I used clear self adhesive printer paper and tried to re-create the design of an existing key to the world I had.

The envelopes were the hardest part because the part where it looks like a rubber stamp was actually printed on. My printer chewed up more envelopes than came out right!!! I think they were worth it however, because all our guest have commented how cool they were.

padisneyfour
11-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Very cool idea! I love it! Well done....:goodvibes

daveyc150
11-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Ian is definately the creative one out of the two of us, I just don't have enough patience.

Disney-Bride2010
11-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Love the save the date cards! Very cute!

Glampire31
11-13-2008, 03:03 PM
It all sounds so wonderful... I can't wait to read more.... Congratulations!!! :cheer2: princess:

daveyc150
11-15-2008, 05:29 PM
OK, I guess it's time for a bit of an update. As I mentioned when I started this journal we had picked the date and location that we wanted and Ian has posted our save the date cards. We sent out the save the date's in July this year, we knew we were aiming for the 17th but since we hadn't confirmed yet and most of our guests are from the UK and will probably spend at least week in Orlando we asked them to save a week just in case.

Our wishes came true on the 18th of September when Disney called to let us know that we had our locations and they were getting the contract organised. We really wanted to get the contract signed as quickly as possible in order to meet the October cut off date for using an outside photographer at a theme park location. We have heard mixed reviews of the Disney photographers, I think that if you are going to spend a lot of money on your wedding photos you at least want to know who will be taking the pictures before the day of the wedding and see samples of their work. But anyway everything was sorted and organised super quick and we were really excited when our contract arrived in the mail with two Mickey Groom ink-bends (I am sure Ian will post a picture of these).

Since then we have been fitting the planning in around work and other activities and we are making good headway with it all. We had our planning session with Disney a couple of weeks ago where we went through the whole day step by step and out planner as pulled together our first BEO. Amazingly we were bang on where we expected our budget to be so we were really pleased as we got more than we expected too.

We also booked out flights a couple of weeks ago and our hotels are also now booked. We decided that we would stay in a couple of locations, so will be hopping between Port Orleans and The Contemporary in the first week followed by our cruise in the second week and then back to Pop Century for the third week. We are really excited to stay at The Contemporary as we will have a Magic Kindom view!

We booked Misty for our photography, we really like her style and were pleased to hear that she had recently won an award.

Ian has been wearing his creative cap again and has been making invitations this weekend (pics to follow later). I know that I am biased but they are amazing!

I think that covers everything so far other than that we have a session with the floral people on Monday. Not really sure what to expect, as their is no bride it may be a short session!

It feels like the wedding has taken over our whole lives, if we aren't working we are planning something or talking about the wedding, it makes me wonder what I used to do before it??????:confused3 ...and what i'll do afterwards???? :confused3

B2B-2008
11-15-2008, 05:44 PM
How exciting another british couple getting married at Disney.

I love that you met each other whilst working at the world. I would have loved to have worked in Disney but that wasn't the path for me.

I love your save the dates they are fantastic.

And I'm happy to hear you have booked Misty, we loved working with her and her husband.

Can't wait to hear about more of your plans.

B2B-2008
11-15-2008, 05:48 PM
It feels like the wedding has taken over our whole lives, if we aren't working we are planning something or talking about the wedding, it makes me wonder what I used to do before it??????:confused3 ...and what i'll do afterwards???? :confused3

This statement is so true and made me laugh as I also felt like this. But just think after the wedding you get to tell us all about in on Dis.

keenercam
11-15-2008, 06:57 PM
So excited for both of you! Congratulations on getting your date and locations. Your save the dates are wonderfully creative and well-executed! Can't wait to hear about all of your plans and how it all comes together! :goodvibes

PrincessShea
11-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Hey I just started reading this PJ and had to say that your save the dates are awesome! That was a really great idea. I can't imagine how you are going to outdo those with the invites!

daveyc150
11-16-2008, 06:58 AM
And I'm happy to hear you have booked Misty, we loved working with her and her husband.

I've just read your PJ and it looks like you had such a good time, your photos with Misty look amazing, we are really glad that we chose her. We just did the cheap and cheerful package where we get 8 hours and all the photos on a cd. She has said we can split this time for a small extra cost as our cermony is so early and then dessert party on the evening. From your report it sounds like she is great to work with.

I am glad you posted pics of the dessert party, was there plenty of food?

Petals & Pixie Dust
11-16-2008, 08:56 AM
I just wanted to share pictures of our "Save the dates". I know that Disney send them out for you, but we wanted to make something a bit more personal, plus I have been planning to make these for over a year!!!

Save the date cards
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/IMG_1405-1.jpg

Cards and envelopes
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/IMG_1408-1.jpg

When we were at WDW last year David asked for some extra blank room keys so that we could make them. I used clear self adhesive printer paper and tried to re-create the design of an existing key to the world I had.

The envelopes were the hardest part because the part where it looks like a rubber stamp was actually printed on. My printer chewed up more envelopes than came out right!!! I think they were worth it however, because all our guest have commented how cool they were.

First-Congratulations! I'm looking forward to reading about your planning!
I LOVE THESE!!! :love: I just showed them to BF and he loved them too. Do you mind if I borrow this idea? When BF likes something I go with it. (He will be DF soon-ring has been ordered-just waiting for it to get here :cloud9: ) Was Disney ok with giving you the cards? did you tell them what you were using them for? That is my only worry...That they wouldn't give me any extra. :scared1:

Thank you so much for a great idea!

daveyc150
11-16-2008, 09:04 AM
We didn't have any problems when we asked, we explained what we wanted to use them for the lady at the desk thought it was a great idea. The only thing to bear in mind would be that we only needed to ask for 12 as our wedding is quite small. I am not sure how they would react if you need a lot of these.

Petals & Pixie Dust
11-16-2008, 09:08 AM
We didn't have any problems when we asked, we explained what we wanted to use them for the lady at the desk thought it was a great idea. The only thing to bear in mind would be that we only needed to ask for 12 as our wedding is quite small. I am not sure how they would react if you need a lot of these.

I need 8 total-and that is including one for my scrapbook :rotfl: What hotel did you get them at? (Thank you bunches!)

daveyc150
11-16-2008, 09:10 AM
We picked them up from Pop Century when we stayed there last year. I would be surprised if they wouldn't give you 8, just remeber to let them know that you want blank ones!!!!!

Congratulations on your engagement and wedding too!

Petals & Pixie Dust
11-16-2008, 09:13 AM
We picked them up from Pop Century when we stayed there last year. I would be surprised if they wouldn't give you 8, just remeber to let them know that you want blank ones!!!!!

Congratulations on your engagement and wedding too!

Thanks! We are staying at the POP in Feb. I'll be sure to get them.

B2B-2008
11-16-2008, 11:07 AM
I am glad you posted pics of the dessert party, was there plenty of food?

I think we originally had one of those packages with Misty but decided at the last minute to change it to all day and I'm glad we did as we got over 3500 photos. But you will need to split her time with you because of your timings. I'm glad she is willing to work something out with you. She is so lovely.

When I first saw the food at the DP I did think there would be more but we were all so full from our dinner there was more than enough. There were 12 of us in total and they catered for the right amount. We ate so much that day and on the holiday I'm still trying to lose the weight!

daveyc150
11-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Yeah, with it starting early and the desert party not until the evening there will be a gap of about 5/6 hours in the day so it wasn't worth having the whole day and I think the 8 hours will be absolutely perfect. She seems really nice in the contact that we have had with her so far.

I get excited about it all every time I think about it!

B2B-2008
11-16-2008, 12:17 PM
I get excited about it all every time I think about it!

What are you going to be like when you are there! I didn't really realize how excited I was but I must have been as I kept getting my mum up at about 6am every morning before the wedding. I just couldn't believe we were getting married at Disney.

Pinkerbell1983
11-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi :goodvibes Just wanted to say Congratulations! I'm from Yorkshire too!

epcot1982uk
11-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Hi :goodvibes Just wanted to say Congratulations! I'm from Yorkshire too!

Thanks, always glad to have somebody "local" on board!!!

Pinkerbell1983
11-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks, always glad to have somebody "local" on board!!!

:thumbsup2 I'm from Sheffield, how about you?

epcot1982uk
11-16-2008, 03:59 PM
:thumbsup2 I'm from Sheffield, how about you?

The fantastic city of..... Hull!!!

epcot1982uk
11-16-2008, 04:58 PM
I have just spent the weekend making invitations, with DIS for company of course! (Why did nobody tell me lurkyloo had another trip report up!!!) I was going to post pictures of those but I suddenly realised that I haven't even posted information about other things that have already happened.... such as buying our wedding rings!

I know that it is quite a way off our wedding date, but we knew that we wanted rings from Tiffany's. With this in mind and a favourable exchange rate we decided to purchase them when we were in Las Vegas at the end of September.

We stayed at Bellagio so there was a Tiffany & Co store right in out hotel which was perfect. David even emailed the hotel to tell them we were celebrating our engagement (not exactly the truth) but they put a box of chocolates in our room!!!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/IMG_1634.jpg

We bought the rings the first night we were there because I was too excited to wait any longer, so after having dinner at Olives we went shopping!!!

I was a little dissapointed because it didn't take too long and I wanted it to be a 3 hour extravaganza - trying on every ring in the place!

Here is the tacky tourist pose of us after the purchase!
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010202.jpg http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010200.jpg

I was determined to get my moneys worth so had photographs taken with the bag around the hotel, and even up the Eiffel Tower! I forgot to take pictures with the fountains however and had to return the next night!!! Sharp eyed readers will notice that we both have different clothes on and that is why!!! All that was in the bag was my cell phone and our camcorder!!! Ha Ha!!!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/IMG_1643.jpg

Me looking like I am wearing a Bellagio crown!
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/IMG_1641.jpg

Us being very trusting and asking a random tourist to take our picture!
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/IMG_1657.jpg

The boxes once we got home!
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/IMG_1730.jpg

The rings! I always wanted a platinum ring, but after discussing with a friend she planted the seed in my mind that i would "grow to like gold" and after all these rings are for the rest of our lives! The more I looked at the gold rings the more I liked them and I am very happy with what we got.
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/IMG_1729.jpg

Two final photos just to prove that we DID take those babies everywhere! Here is us both outside Disneyland with the rings in their boxes!!!!
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/IMG_1695.jpg http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/IMG_1696.jpg

bridetobe789
11-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Congrats on getting your date for the wedding!! I feel like a slacker and that we need to purchase our rings too!! We are getting ours from Tiffany's as well so I know exactly which ones you got!! Very nice!!

MegKate
11-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I love the pictures of you guys and the ring everywhere! Now I'm getting ideas for our trip to WDW! hehehe :thumbsup2

DisneyBrideToni
11-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I LOVE your Tiffany pictures!!!!!!!!!!

How exciting that you booked Misty. I have her booked too. She does such amazing work!

Your save the dates are outstanding!!!!!!!!!! Very unique and creative!!!

I can't wait to see more!

epcot1982uk
11-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Congrats on getting your date for the wedding!! I feel like a slacker and that we need to purchase our rings too!! We are getting ours from Tiffany's as well so I know exactly which ones you got!! Very nice!!

We will have to compare notes, I hope you manage to get the 3 hour treatment and try on every ring in the shop! We only got ours early because it was convenient

I love the pictures of you guys and the ring everywhere! Now I'm getting ideas for our trip to WDW! hehehe :thumbsup2

I expect to see you with your rings on Splash Mountain now!

I LOVE your Tiffany pictures!!!!!!!!!!

How exciting that you booked Misty. I have her booked too. She does such amazing work!

Your save the dates are outstanding!!!!!!!!!! Very unique and creative!!!

I can't wait to see more!

Thanks for all the comments, everybody has nothing but praise for Misty so we are really excited to have her as our photographer! I am sure we will not be disapointed!

daveyc150
11-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Those wedding rings travelled the whole of Disneyland Park that day. We had checked out of the hotel but left the bags at the front desk until we went to the airport later. They were just too precious to leave so we though it was safer to have them with us.

lurkyloo
11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
I have just spent the weekend making invitations, with DIS for company of course! (Why did nobody tell me lurkyloo had another trip report up!!!) I was going to post pictures of those but I suddenly realised that I haven't even posted information about other things that have already happened.... such as buying our wedding rings!

I know that it is quite a way off our wedding date, but we knew that we wanted rings from Tiffany's. With this in mind and a favourable exchange rate we decided to purchase them when we were in Las Vegas at the end of September.

Wait - you were at Disneyland at the end of September? WE were at Disneyland at the end of September! Shoot - maybe our trips overlapped and we could have met up.... :headache: Instead, you'll have to read all about what we were doing without you in my trip report (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1975243)... if I ever get to the Disneyland day.... :rolleyes:

epcot1982uk
11-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Wait - you were at Disneyland at the end of September? WE were at Disneyland at the end of September! Shoot - maybe our trips overlapped and we could have met up.... :headache: Instead, you'll have to read all about what we were doing without you in my trip report (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1975243)... if I ever get to the Disneyland day.... :rolleyes:

They probably did overlap, we were at disneyland for 10 days! Would have loved a meet! I will be looking in the background of all your photographs to see if I am in any of them!

We did manage to do EVERY attraction in the park in one day however (except the Tiki Room and the Monorail!) and we also manged Soarin', Midway Mania and Tower of Terror in the same day! My feet knew about that afterwards, it took 2 visits to the foot massagers in Brookstone to sort those out!!:rotfl2:

Ps. Nice plug for your new trip report! :goodvibes

Pinkerbell1983
11-18-2008, 03:44 PM
The fantastic city of..... Hull!!!

Unlucky... just kidding, I've only ever been to a Captain Cook whale museum there!

epcot1982uk
11-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Unlucky... just kidding, I've only ever been to a Captain Cook whale museum there!

I think that's in Whitby!!!! :goodvibes

We are in Sheffield tomorrow seeing Disney on Ice!!!!

lurkyloo
11-18-2008, 06:00 PM
They probably did overlap, we were at disneyland for 10 days! Would have loved a meet! I will be looking in the background of all your photographs to see if I am in any of them!

We did manage to do EVERY attraction in the park in one day however (except the Tiki Room and the Monorail!) and we also manged Soarin', Midway Mania and Tower of Terror in the same day! My feet knew about that afterwards, it took 2 visits to the foot massagers in Brookstone to sort those out!!:rotfl2:

Ps. Nice plug for your new trip report! :goodvibes

:rotfl:

Congrats on seeing (almost) it all in one day! :faint:

Lindsay22
11-18-2008, 06:09 PM
OMG!!! I LOVE YOUR STD'S!!! They are seriously the coolest ever!!

I did college program in Fall 2003, I worked MGM merchandise. I knew a guy named Nate who worked in UK around then. I wonder if we met.

topsy
11-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm from the UK too and am actually flying out to WDW in 11 days to work at....The Rose and Crown!! I am so excited. I love hearing stories of how people met their partners whilst they were on an International Program.

That's what I was hoping would happen to me, until I met my boyfriend over here a few months ago. Now I'm trying to convince him that he would love to come to WDW to visit me next year, despite his best efforts to tell me he thinks Disney is rubbish!! Don't worry everyone, he only does it to wind me up, he will of course be turned into a Disney lover the moment he steps foot on WDW soil!

Anyway, I'm loving your PJ and look forward to hearing more!! Oh and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Save the Date cards :thumbsup2

daveyc150
11-21-2008, 02:52 PM
We had aout planning session with the floral planner this week. We went into this not expecting that we would need much, since we were not having a bride we figured what floral would we need?????

Boy was I wrong!

I felt like I agreed to so many differnt things and she presented so many different options, it was all quite exciting really. There are so many options to choose from I just hope it all falls within our budget. Rather than flowers we will be having balloon bouquets as our centrepieces which we thought could double as favours also we got the chocolate Mickey's for everyone too. Then we got glowing gel things for the desert party.

I just can't wait to see what it's all gonna look like.

I feel like the last major thing for us to take care of now if the officiant, we just can't decide? Disney sent us a list and we have been in touch with each of them but are still no closer to a decision, I am sure we will have inspiration soon.

daveyc150
12-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Hey

Sorry for the long gap between udates, the last few weeks have been crazy, between planning for the Holidays, a trip to Disneyland Paris and work I don't feel like i've stopped. We have managed to squeeze some Wedding planning into it all and now have our officiant booked (Thanks Rob!). I now feel like we have all the major bases covered and we just have to figure out what we are going to wear and show up - right????

Most of our friends are starting to book their flights and get organised with hotels and so forth, so it's all starting to come together. We just need to finish our invitations and an itinerary of events so that people know what we are doing during the first week. We will be in Orlando for 3 weeks and plan to spend time with Family and friends in the first week and then it's see ya later folks! We don't want to spend out honeymoon with our parents!!!!

We decided that we would try and co-ordinate some planned events for people to join if they want too, but what we don't want to happen is for us to try and trail 15 people around a theme park or it will be a night mare. Most of our events are meals or tours where we can meet for a period of time and then people can go off and do other things without feeling like they are ditching the group or missing out on something they want to do.

Just thought i'd post a few pics of our trip to Disneyland Paris, we went at the end of November and it was really cold but all festive it was great. We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights which gave us 5 days in the parks. It was really quiet for most of the week but then Saturday was really busy but we had done most of the things we wanted too so we weren't too bothered.

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/daveyc150/P1010022-1.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/daveyc150/P1010035-1.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/daveyc150/P1010038-1.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/daveyc150/P1010105-1.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp319/daveyc150/P1010101-1.jpg

Eeyore's Tailfinder
12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Ok, I am onboard this PJ!

Another UK DISer here :goodvibes I just LOVE your STDs - I think that's so clever! I showed them to DF and he wanted them :laughing:

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans :thumbsup2

TheDisneyGirl02
01-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Enjoying your PJ!

Is that a Mickey Mouse hamburger bun/hamburger in your picture from DLP? OMG if it is!!! :yay:

daveyc150
01-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Yes that is definately a Mickey shaped burger, DLP has cool food!!!! Although expensive with the exchange rate as it currently is. That burger fries and drink cost about $17.

Lynn5700
01-05-2009, 12:09 PM
OOh just found this!!! Cool pics of Disneyland Paris!!

daveyc150
01-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks, we had a great time, we try to go most years around Christmas time.

Just noticed in your signature that you're going to see the Little Mermaid on Broadway - I am really jealous!!!! I have heard really good reviews, I want to hear all about it.

auntpunkin
01-12-2009, 12:04 AM
I just read through your PJ and loved it so far! I'm so jealous of the Disney Paris trips! And I have to agree with everyone else, your STD's are simply the best yet! I'm looking forward to keeping up with your plans. Congratulations on the engagement, you make a great couple! :cheer2:

torsie24
02-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Just found your PJ link over on a thread on the UK board! Can't believe I've missed it al this time!!!

Plans sound awesome!! :) I especially love to hear about British WDW weddings, and how perfect since that's where you two met!! :)

Will be lurking round here now for the rest of the year!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

daveyc150
02-03-2009, 12:24 PM
It feels like such a long time since we last made an update on here, I guess life just gets in the way a lot of the time. Between work and general things around the home we just never seem the find the time. This wedding will be upon us in just over 7 months and we still have lots to organise although the bul of it is done we just need to work on the small aspects.

Our officiant is booked and we are working on preparing our ceremony with her. She is absolutely wonderful and is guiding us through it and I feel like she really wants to make our day special. Our other dilema at the moment is what to do for our staged exit??? We had originally planned bubbles but then decided that they might be a little bit over the top. The floral co-ordinator suggested ribbon wands or petals but we both thought that this was just too camp for a comimitment ceremony. We can't have Mickey confetti as it's not biodegradable so if anyone has any suggestions please let us know.

Promise i'll try and make more regular updates.

Lorelei528
02-03-2009, 12:42 PM
I just found your PJ and am liking it!!!!

Like everybody, I think it's totally cool how you're getting married where you met!!!:cool1:

Totally subscribing!!!

rpmdfw
02-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Our officiant is booked and we are working on preparing our ceremony with her. She is absolutely wonderful and is guiding us through it and I feel like she really wants to make our day special.

Did you chose Renee, then?

She's a really neat lady, and did such a great job for us!:thumbsup2

daveyc150
02-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Did you chose Renee, then?

She's a really neat lady, and did such a great job for us!:thumbsup2

Yes we chose Renee, she is excellent, we are so pleased, thanks for your help with this.

rpmdfw
02-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Yes we chose Renee, she is excellent, we are so pleased, thanks for your help with this.

You're very welcome!

tiggersam00
02-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I just found your PJ, I love it! Love how you met in WDW too!

I love the pics from DL Paris, I really want to go there someday so its great to see pics :yay:

Your weding is coming up fast for sure, you must be so excited :)

kingLouiethe1
02-03-2009, 06:51 PM
I just came across this myself, I don't know how I've managed to miss it for so long! It looks like you guys are going to have a great time, it's always exciting to see more gay couples getting married and sharing the experience.

epcot1982uk
02-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Thank you all for your comments. It's great to know that people are enjoying reading about our planning.

I havent posted here in a while so thought it was time for some more pictures and a bit of an update.

We decided that we are going to use red, yellow, black and white as the colours for our wedding as they are classic Mickey colours. I have liked thes together ever since I did a ship tour on the Disney Wonder and was told that is why the ship is painted the way it is. We even used them when we painted our office at home.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/desk.jpg

While I was taking the picture above I couldn't help taking one of our "Plush Mountain" too!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/plush.jpg

With the colours in mind it was time to make our invitations. We had got some paper from Disneyland with Mickey symbols on it and also Mickey glove beads to use. Even though I had bought all of this I had no idea how to make the invitations. Anyway I got inspiration at our local craft shop and I think they look really good.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/Invitation1.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/Invitation3.jpg

The inserts match the fronts, and I didn't want to use staples so I used red cotton thread to sew them into the cards, which has worked out really well.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/Invitation2.jpg

The beeds stand out quite a bit, so I may have to put padding in when I post/mail them!!!

I am so happy with the colours we have chosen as it has all come together. We were even lucky enough to find card folders that match the invitions in the Disney Outlet in Las Vegas - they will be great for sending out guest information!

We need to get a lot of things organised in the next month. We are in the process of planning optional activities for our guests in the days close to the wedding. We also need to arrange suit hire for the day, which I am not finding easy from 3000 miles away. There are differences in traditional wedding attire in England and the US and we tend not to wear a tux with bow tie etc.

Anyway I hope to keep everone updated wit the planning!

Jen-N-Troy
02-05-2009, 04:40 PM
They look great!!! How awesome!!! Much luck to you all!!!!

daveyc150
02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
They look great!!! How awesome!!! Much luck to you all!!!!

They are all Ian's work, he is really creative!

kingLouiethe1
02-06-2009, 12:50 PM
:offtopic:

I don't think I've ever seen so much Disney plush outside a theme park store ever :lmao:

I would do the same, but we go to Disneyland so often that I forbid myself to buy things, because I can just go window shopping the next time we are there.

malibustacey
02-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Hiya, UK DIS bride here! I just read through your whole PJ and i love everything so far! We are having Misty too- her photos are just magical arent they!?

those save the dates are wicked- totally unusual but so fab!! good thinking- getting those room keys- i am totally useless with anything crafty - your STD's look so professional!!

You are from the UK, and you got jobs in Epcot, may i ask, what kind of process did you have to go through to live / work out there for a year? I only ask because DF and i plan to move to Orlando after we get married, and we just keep hearing all these horror stories about being let into the US, and the visas .. was it hard for you?

Anyways, i am happy you can finally have your dream wedding in Disney!! WOOOHOOO!! :cool1:

ooooh and i love the colours you painted your office!! very funky! i bet those colours make you feel awake in the morning!

LittleMissMagic
02-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Congratulations on your engagement and Disney wedding decision!

I LOVE your Save the Date cards! They're so cute and creative!!! What a great idea!

Petals & Pixie Dust
02-06-2009, 07:14 PM
:offtopic:

I don't think I've ever seen so much Disney plush outside a theme park store ever :lmao:

I would do the same, but we go to Disneyland so often that I forbid myself to buy things, because I can just go window shopping the next time we are there.

Louie...His plush mountain makes me want to jump into it! The Disney Store here has one and I've always wanted to do that...Then I saw there were steps in the pit!!!
So, here is my "virtual jump" into David & Ian's plush mountain :jumping2:

daveyc150
02-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Louie...His plush mountain makes me want to jump into it! The Disney Store here has one and I've always wanted to do that...Then I saw there were steps in the pit!!!
So, here is my "virtual jump" into David & Ian's plush mountain :jumping2:

Our home has way too much Disney stuff, we have a $100 dollar Mickey in our lounge too! We had a buy a new bag to bring him home from Disneyland last year.

Disney is a big part of out lives, it's where we met and something we both loved befor then too. I guess that's why we have used the Mickey colour's as our wedding colours hence the invitations. We also have a few other tricks up our selves that I am sure our guests will be surprised about.

Petals & Pixie Dust
02-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Our home has way too much Disney stuff, we have a $100 dollar Mickey in our lounge too! We had a buy a new bag to bring him home from Disneyland last year.

Disney is a big part of out lives, it's where we met and something we both loved befor then too. I guess that's why we have used the Mickey colour's as our wedding colours hence the invitations. We also have a few other tricks up our selves that I am sure our guests will be surprised about.

I'm loving it! When we get a house wanna come over and paint our walls with M.Mouse stripes too? *jk* but I love it!

daveyc150
06-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi All

First and apology, we have been quite bad at updating this, it's been about 4 months since the last post and as I am sure you can imagine there have been lot's ogf stuff going on during that time.

Where to start...well in the lst posts you were all enjoying pictures of our crazy Disney house. Just so you know that we are not completely mad, every room is not painted like that. We live in a very normal house really. But I guess you're not really interested in out home decor anyway, you all want to know more about the wedding.

OK, so i've just read through the journal to remind myself what you all know already so we can fill you in on the missing bits. Overall nothing has changed with the plan of the day but i'll summarise for those who subscribed and don't want to start again :rotfl::

9am ceremony at Epcot (UK Pavillion where we met)
10am reception at the Attic
8:30pm Desert Party at Epcot

We have 14 guests attending, we were originally going to have 18 but we're down due to a new arrival and unfortunately advince not to travel so soon after having a baby. But hey you can't plan for everything. We've got most of our guests staying at Pop Century and Port Orleans FQ, we're staying at The Contemporary :cool1: The early start on the wedding day has thrown various female attendees into a panic - how on earth will they manage to find time to get their hair done at that time of the morning - LOL. Fortunately not something we need to worry about. Misty will be joining us at the hotel at about 7 so we can get up at about 6:55 ;)

We'll have some photo's at the hotel and then we have the Model A Ford to transport us to Epcot. We have pictures there before the guests arrive and then photos with them when the bus gets them there.

The cermony starts at 9, we were a bit unsure about our music, we have a violinist who will be playing some Disney love songs before hand but picking the ceremony music was quite hard. We opted for the following:

Arrival - Go The Distance (Hercules)
Sand Ceremony - Share a Dream Come True
You may now kiss the groom - Welcome (from Brother Bear)

I'm sure I won't be worrying about it on the day, and they're better than It's a Samll World.

We then have a staged exit with petals. Now i'm really not sure about this, I have a vision in my head of the amazing things photographers do with this type of shot, where you're black and white and the pick out the colours of the petals etc. But at the same time I feel like petals are a bit girly! I'm sure it will be all fine though, better than the other options - we weren't fond of ribbon wands (sorry Rose).

We will then have more photo's before heading over to the Boardwalk.

Now it's almost 11:30pm here in the UK :surfweb: so I am going to bed. But I do solemnly swear... no sorry too official, I promise to make further updates this weekend so you have a full run down of the day and all the other fun stuff we have planned that week.

If I smile nicely Ian may even post some pictures popcorn::

Night Folks! :cloud9:

torsie24
06-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Yay for the Update! :)

The song choices sound lovely! (Although I don't know the brother bear one I'm afraid!) I love Go the Distance though!

Looking forward to more updates!

Bolanette87
06-13-2009, 10:42 AM
How fantastic that you're getting married where you first met!! That is soooooo lovely!!!! :lovestruc I would to do that, but I don't really fancy getting married on over Myspace or on Platform 2 at Newcastle Train Station! :lmao: Your day sounds great... The Attic looks awesome in pictures! And Epcot wedding pictures always look great!! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

Bob xoxoxoxox

daveyc150
06-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Yay for the Update! :)

The song choices sound lovely! (Although I don't know the brother bear one I'm afraid!) I love Go the Distance though!

Looking forward to more updates!

"Welcome" from Brother Bear is the one that they used to play in parade at Disneyland. Check it out on Youtube, it's by Phil Collins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnBwT83xWco

daveyc150
06-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Well, as promised i'm back for further updates.

So as I mentioned yesterday we are going to be riding in the Model A Ford on the wedding day. When we first created our plans we weren't sure if we would keep this if we went way over budget but actually our budgets good and we are really glad we have it. We wanted to try and do something a little different to a limo and we should be able to get some great pictures with it.

So when we get to the boardwalk we will be having pictures with Misty before heading up to the Attic with everyone else. We want pics with the bikes and in the photo booth etc. hopefully it should be relatively quiet down there at that time of the morning.

Then it's up to the attic where there will be a selection of fruit, yoghurts and chocolate dipped strawberries for everyone to enjoy. We thought we ought to have something to keep everyone going till lunch, especially since some will be starving due to the lack of time in the morning due to hair apointments!!! We have opted for a free bar which softdrinks, beers and wines, we thought that we would rather know where we stood with costs so that there were no unexpected surprises at the end. Either people drinking too much or not enough that we owed money to the boardwalk for not spending enough (we are only 14 adults). I would rather be relaxed about it all and not have anything to worry about.

We will then have some casual time for people to relax, enjoy the violinist and chat. I think the violinist is finished about 11, after that we're all set up for an i-pod. The room will be decorated with red and yellow mickey balloons like the ones in the MK. (And we are taking these with us for pictures in the MK later, who needs to take pictures of a balloon seller when you have 45 balloons of your own!):rotfl: We also thought these would be nice for guests to take too. We will be having chocolate Mickey's and Cracker Jacks as favours.

We do not have any assigned seating and no "sweet heart" table, the sweet heart table is not a normal thing in the UK, it tends to be a larger table with the wedding party (parents, best man, bridesmaids), but since we are only 16 people total and we are having a buffet we are leaving it completely open. Also I always thought the idea of the two people sitting alone to be a bit lonely.

Well the bit you've all been waiting for...the food. We will be having lunch at 12pm after we have said a few words, no formal speaches, we're just not into that. So our food is as follows:

Bacon and Cheese Potato Skins
Breaded Mozzarella
Salad Station
Potato Salad
Coleslaw
Corn on the cob
Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Chicken Breasts
+ relish and sauces

Followed by Caramel Apple Tart (Like the serve at the Liberty Tree Tavern) and Chocolate Brownies.

Yum!!!!! Our menu is obviously a bit "different" than you would expect at a normal wedding but hey we like different. It also came as a bit of shock to some people when we told the what we were having :eek: :eek: :eek: but they're coming around. Our silverwear will be kept in the wedding colours and will be rolled in red, yellow and black linens.

We are having some unusually nice weather here in the UK at the moment and the sun is out so I'll leave it there for now and bring more updates later.

See ya real soon!

epcot1982uk
06-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Hiya, UK DIS bride here! I just read through your whole PJ and i love everything so far! We are having Misty too- her photos are just magical arent they!?

You are from the UK, and you got jobs in Epcot, may i ask, what kind of process did you have to go through to live / work out there for a year? I only ask because DF and i plan to move to Orlando after we get married, and we just keep hearing all these horror stories about being let into the US, and the visas .. was it hard for you?

I have just been reading back over the thread and I realised that I missed your post! I love Misty's photos, and i cannot hear enough good things about her so we are very excited.

We both applied directly to Disney to work, but I think they also use a recruitment agency in the UK. Our contarct was only for 1 year and our Visa matched that, so we could not stay after out job had finished. If you want any more information just send me a PM - I dont want to get off topic and get told off!!!!

How fantastic that you're getting married where you first met!! That is soooooo lovely!!!! :lovestruc I would to do that, but I don't really fancy getting married on over Myspace or on Platform 2 at Newcastle Train Station!

Bob xoxoxoxox

Ha Ha!!! That would be one to see! You could both arrive on trains, maybe make it Thomas themed!!!! :goodvibes

epcot1982uk
06-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Just thought I would add some pictures of our jacket and waiscoat!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/Jacket.jpg http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/waistcoat.jpg

We are renting them in the UK to take out with us. We didn't want to have to worry about them once we got to Florida. Some of our friends are kindly returning them for us!

torsie24
06-16-2009, 01:18 PM

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/Jacket.jpg http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/waistcoat.jpg

We are renting them in the UK to take out with us. We didn't want to have to worry about them once we got to Florida. Some of our friends are kindly returning them for us!
Very nice!!

And good idea on getting people to take them back for you!! My Mum will be taking my dress back so I don't have to worry about on Honeymoon! (She doesn't know this yet!)

Bolanette87
06-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Well the bit you've all been waiting for...the food. We will be having lunch at 12pm after we have said a few words, no formal speaches, we're just not into that. So our food is as follows:

Bacon and Cheese Potato Skins
Breaded Mozzarella
Salad Station
Potato Salad
Coleslaw
Corn on the cob
Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Chicken Breasts
+ relish and sauces

Followed by Caramel Apple Tart (Like the serve at the Liberty Tree Tavern) and Chocolate Brownies.

Yum!!!!! Our menu is obviously a bit "different" than you would expect at a normal wedding but hey we like different. It also came as a bit of shock to some people when we told the what we were having :eek: :eek: :eek: but they're coming around. Our silverwear will be kept in the wedding colours and will be rolled in red, yellow and black linens.

We are having some unusually nice weather here in the UK at the moment and the sun is out so I'll leave it there for now and bring more updates later.

See ya real soon!

Yum! Your food sounds absolutely delicious! It all sounds like it will go really well together! We aren't doing our wedding in a 'normal' style either... It's lovely seeing couples make things unique and their own! :lovestruc

Love your jackets and waistcoats! Very nice!

Bob xoxoxoxox

daveyc150
06-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Yum! Your food sounds absolutely delicious! It all sounds like it will go really well together! We aren't doing our wedding in a 'normal' style either... It's lovely seeing couples make things unique and their own! :lovestruc

We really wanted to do something unique rather than the usual sit down meal. We really loved the Attic as a location and they only do buffet's anyway so we kind of just ended up with this. It's a modified Disney menu, called a Chip and Dale menu. We added the breaded mozzarella and potato skins and few other things too, then they just modified the price.

spacerangerqueen
06-19-2009, 05:44 PM
I love all of your plans!
I remember seeing your STDs on a thread on the main weddings page awhile back and thinking they are sooo awesome!

I love the Mickey colors theme too.

If DF and I were to get married where we met it would have to be in the MK cinema so that ain't happening for us, although I was joking it would be funny to get married on the steps of City Hall at the MK, kinda like a Disney courthouse wedding lol.

I like your reception menu too. No one has to ask what anything is or taste it to see if they like it. Too bad you can't get those hamburgers Mickey shaped like at DLRP, that would fit your theme!

Can't wait to read more, and see more pics! popcorn::

Mrsdisneyb2b
06-19-2009, 07:24 PM
OMG I LOVE the STD's... imean really in love with them
Your update with the mickey sandwich is making me very jealous also...Your trip to Tiffany's was awesome...you totally haveto take the bag to disney to make sure it gets around lolol...

Look forward to reading more guys!

Pirate's Princess
06-19-2009, 10:33 PM
I love the STDs! They are the best!!!!

Your plans sound awesome. I can't wait to read more.

daveyc150
06-20-2009, 07:57 PM
OMG I LOVE the STD's... imean really in love with them
Your update with the mickey sandwich is making me very jealous also...Your trip to Tiffany's was awesome...you totally haveto take the bag to disney to make sure it gets around lolol...

Look forward to reading more guys!

LOL we carried the Tiffany bag a few places, the only thing in it was our camera, but it certainly drew some attention!!!! On out last day at DL we did actually have the rings with us though. We had left our bags with the reception at the hotel where we stayed, but we weren't taking the risk with those.

Thank you all for your comments on the save the dates, a lot of thought went into these and we think they came out great!

malibustacey
06-21-2009, 07:19 AM
May i ask - as i love your menu - how much you have managed to get the Per Person food & beverage down to with that menu??

That is the kinda menu we want to go for - its so different - we definately dont want no fancy stuff as our wedding isnt going to be fancy or posh- its gonna be fun and laid back so we want fun food!

oh and thanks for the advice about the jobs in disney - If i need any info and advice i will pm you!

daveyc150
06-21-2009, 07:31 AM
May i ask - as i love your menu - how much you have managed to get the Per Person food & beverage down to with that menu??

That is the kinda menu we want to go for - its so different - we definately dont want no fancy stuff as our wedding isnt going to be fancy or posh- its gonna be fun and laid back so we want fun food!

oh and thanks for the advice about the jobs in MK - If i need any info and advice i will pm you!

At the Attic for a lunch recpetion the minimum F&B spend is $2000, excluding cake. We had a few guests drop out so we had to add some extra stuff to it. Our modified menu was $61 per head, but we also have the free bar, fruit on arrival and some champagne within the minimum spend. We got ours to the very minimum going over by only 15 cents. It all really depends on how many guests you've got as to how you make it work.

Let me know if you want to know any more?

David

malibustacey
06-21-2009, 07:38 AM
thanks for that - that is really good you only went over 15 cents!! hah!

it helps seeing other peoples menus, like yours that have managed to stay on the minimum and get a great deal of food out of it... i will have to make a note of the menu and price and send it to our planner!

ta! :goodvibes

daveyc150
06-21-2009, 07:47 AM
thanks for that - that is really good you only went over 15 cents!! hah!

it helps seeing other peoples menus, like yours that have managed to stay on the minimum and get a great deal of food out of it... i will have to make a note of the menu and price and send it to our planner!

ta! :goodvibes

I like to stay on budget, especially since we don't have a lot of people.

The menu is called the Chip & Dale rehersal dinner but remember we modified it slightly to include a few extra items (and remove one - Saurkraut - ewww).

Have you got your planner yet?

torsie24
06-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Wow! That's amazing that you are over by 15cents! That could be a disney record!! Well done! (menu looks great too! I'm going to save a copy if you dont mind. :))

malibustacey
06-21-2009, 08:32 AM
I like to stay on budget, especially since we don't have a lot of people.

The menu is called the Chip & Dale rehersal dinner but remember we modified it slightly to include a few extra items (and remove one - Saurkraut - ewww).

Have you got your planner yet?

oh the Chip & Dale menu- i will remember that.. no we dont have a planner yet- our wedding is november 2010 so we only have a co ordinator at the moment, and she is Diane- really nice!

Are you having a planning session? Im going to find it really hard not having one because of being in the UK, i dont think we will be able to afford to go before the wedding so it'll be wierd!

daveyc150
06-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Wow! That's amazing that you are over by 15cents! That could be a disney record!! Well done! (menu looks great too! I'm going to save a copy if you dont mind. :))

15 cents on the food part. Overall we are over by about $127 on the $10,000 miniumum. There are things we could probably cut if we needed too but we're pretty happy to be honest.

Are you having a planning session? Im going to find it really hard not having one because of being in the UK, i dont think we will be able to afford to go before the wedding so it'll be wierd!

We really couldn't afford to go for a planning session unfortunately but our planner has everything under control so we aren't too worried. We arrive a good few days before the wedding so will have chance then to raise any issues and I trust in Disney's standards to get it right for us - they know what they're doing.

Elsha
06-22-2009, 04:05 PM
I :love: your PJ so much I almost burnt dinner :eek: reading it cause I didn't want to stop!

You guys look like an adorable couple!

I'm subscribing :goodvibes

daveyc150
06-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I :love: your PJ so much I almost burnt dinner :eek: reading it cause I didn't want to stop!

You guys look like an adorable couple!

I'm subscribing :goodvibes

LOL I hope your dinner tastes good!

I'll make more updates later this week.

daveyc150
06-27-2009, 08:08 AM
So after lunch we will cut the cake.

Now we had a bit of a dilema with the cake as we were really unsure as to what we wanted it to look like. We opted for a 2 tier mad hatter as this fits with our "quirky" theme and will be really unexpected by our guests.

The bottom layer will be yellow cake with a strawberry jam/jelly and butter cream filling. The top layer will be yellow cake with chocolate chips and with a beglian chocolate filling. I can't wait to taste it as I have read so may great comments about the cakes from the bakery.

We had a look at the pictures of the cakes that our WP sent through an also and the online resource!!!! but we didn't find anything that we really liked all toegther. There were bits of one and bits of another but nothing that we wanted them to copy. So we have told the WP our colours (red, yellow and black) and sent a few pics of what we liked and a few pics of what we didn't like and told her to have the bakery be creative!!!!!!!!! :scared1: I am not really scared as I have seen their creativeness and am just really excited to see what we get. It' s nice following all the planning to know that there is still some surprises left for us on the day too.

We will be also having a our special guest showing up after lunch too. Yes the big cheese himself will be arriving to spend some time with us. We haven't told anyone about it but I suspect that most people think he's coming anyway, but we are really excited, it's not every day that Mickey Mouse shows up at your wedding.

We have decdied we are not going to be having a first dance or anything, it's not really us. So we will be wrapping things up about 2:30/3pm and heading back to our hotels for an afternoon break before the evening festivities.

cakesnjammom
07-01-2009, 10:34 PM
I have enjoyed your PJ! We are on the same cruise as you!

Mrsdisneyb2b
07-01-2009, 11:21 PM
I Have a crazy question...
we are doing our VR in two years (2011) and I am literally obsessing over your STD's....
Would you mind if I copied them next year? You can totally say no...its fine!! But if by chance you say yes... did the cm's at the hotel think you were nuts? lol

ANyway, I am so looking forward to reading more!!! My wedding is next week (the boring at home one...) so be sure to update frequently while I am away!! lol

daveyc150
07-02-2009, 12:46 PM
I have enjoyed your PJ! We are on the same cruise as you!

Glad you're enjoying it, we really can't wait for the cruise!!!

daveyc150
07-02-2009, 12:48 PM
I Have a crazy question...
we are doing our VR in two years (2011) and I am literally obsessing over your STD's....
Would you mind if I copied them next year? You can totally say no...its fine!! But if by chance you say yes... did the cm's at the hotel think you were nuts? lol

ANyway, I am so looking forward to reading more!!! My wedding is next week (the boring at home one...) so be sure to update frequently while I am away!! lol

LOL I am sure you can use the idea we don't mind at all, glad you like them enough to want use it. The CM thought it was a little strange until I explained what I wanted them for. Don't forget you need them to be blank.

Mrsdisneyb2b
07-02-2009, 01:41 PM
LOL I am sure you can use the idea we don't mind at all, glad you like them enough to want use it. The CM thought it was a little strange until I explained what I wanted them for. Don't forget you need them to be blank.

You are the best! I was so afraid to ask but then I showed them to Vin and he was like "NO WAY THAT IS SO AWESOME!" so I had to!

What I was actually thinking of doing was making an actual hotel brochure type thing (There will only be like 18 people) that looks like what disney gives you...

Its all up in the air... but I am toying around with a bunch of different themes as of now... Vin even mentioned using them as the response cards and then saving them in a frame of some sort...

Okay totally taking up your journal space. Can't wait to read more!!
Jenny

daveyc150
07-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Really glad you like them, bet you can't wait for your wedding, it's so close now! And then a trip to WDW :banana::banana::banana:

Mrsdisneyb2b
07-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Really glad you like them, bet you can't wait for your wedding, it's so close now! And then a trip to WDW :banana::banana::banana:

Its kind of sad...all I can think about is the disneymoon:rotfl:

daveyc150
07-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Our's is all kind of rolled in to one, minus the family in the second two weeks though. I am really excited about three weeks off work as much as anything else - now that's sad!!!
Can't wait for Mickey!!!!!!

Mrsdisneyb2b
07-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Our's is all kind of rolled in to one, minus the family in the second two weeks though. I am really excited about three weeks off work as much as anything else - now that's sad!!!
Can't wait for Mickey!!!!!!

Have you guys decided on anything special? Have you signed up for the disney hm registry? They have some amazing things like a spa day or swimming with the dolphins...

I decided on surprising vin with a photo session in Epcot... I think its awesome to have a picture of our honeymoon too...i think its just as important as the one day of wedding bliss and we'll be more relaxed....

daveyc150
07-02-2009, 06:09 PM
The whole of our fist week is going to be pretty special really, we have booked a few meals with family and we plan on going out on the speed boats, we have MNSSHP tickets, Grand 1 firework cruise, MK photo session plus the wedding. The we are off on the Disney Magic for a week and we have something un planned each port including swinning with dolphins in Grand Caymen.

I am really excited it only seventy something days now!!!!!!!

Boardwalk_bride
07-19-2009, 10:16 AM
I just found your journal.....and read the whole thing at once :rotfl:

I love all your ideas so far! And you wedding is coming up so soon, that must be so exciting! I have to say I am so happy to see what your reception menu is. DF and I keep going back and forth on the Attic (price is our only factor) but if we decide on it we definitely want an informal menu like yours (I really want fajitas and tacos, lol).

It is so exciting that you are getting married at the place you met! I love the UK pavilion so much! DF and I were there last christmas, and I just remember him being in the store FOREVER (he liked all the "soccor" stuff) and I just talked to the CM and took pictures of the area.

Your first week sounds amazing with the Grand 1, and the speed boats. Was the Grand 1 hard to get?

Can't wait for more updates!

daveyc150
07-19-2009, 11:39 AM
I just found your journal.....and read the whole thing at once

I love all your ideas so far! And you wedding is coming up so soon, that must be so exciting! I have to say I am so happy to see what your reception menu is. DF and I keep going back and forth on the Attic (price is our only factor) but if we decide on it we definitely want an informal menu like yours (I really want fajitas and tacos, lol).

It is so exciting that you are getting married at the place you met! I love the UK pavilion so much! DF and I were there last christmas, and I just remember him being in the store FOREVER (he liked all the "soccor" stuff) and I just talked to the CM and took pictures of the area.

Your first week sounds amazing with the Grand 1, and the speed boats. Was the Grand 1 hard to get?

Can't wait for more updates!

We really like our menu, it's something very different and a few of our guests were surprised to say the least, but hey it's our day and we're paying for it!!!

The Grand 1 was fine to get to be honest, we just called exactly 90 days out and got it all sorted, no issues at all. You don't have to pay for this until you get there either.

torsie24
07-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Ooooh, not long now David!! :banana:

Are you staying on for a disneymoon? We get there Oct 1st!

daveyc150
07-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Well, it's been a while since the last update but I have been quite busy with work over the last few weeks and have been travalling a fair bit. It all sounds glamorous but the reality of living out of a suitcase, no matter how nice the location, is never quite as good as it sounds.

So when I last posted we had finished the reception and everyone was going back to their hotels. At first we had some concerns over a break in the day and how that would flow, but then the more we thought about it the better it sounded. With getting up early in the morning and the Florida heat people may want to go for an afternoon nap and swim. We of course want photos in the Magic Kingdom on our wedding day!!!!!! We have the groom ears all ready!

We will then be re-convening back at Epcot in the evening for the desert party between 8/8:30. We decided to have fish and chips for our guests to eat and then the deserts - the petit classics. Misty will also be joining us there too so we can have pictures with the fireworks.

Following this we plan to head over to Jelly Rollsand thus ends the most magical of days! :cloud9:

daveyc150
07-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Ooooh, not long now David!! :banana:

Are you staying on for a disneymoon? We get there Oct 1st!

We fly out to Orlando on the 12th of September, then on the 19th we go on the 7 night western cruise and then we have 7 nights back at WDW flying home on the 3rd of October.

The first week we have time with family with a few exciting activities planned and then it's 2 weeks of alone time, by the time we get back from the cruise everyone will have gone home. :banana:

torsie24
07-19-2009, 11:56 AM
We fly out to Orlando on the 12th of September, then on the 19th we go on the 7 night western cruise and then we have 7 nights back at WDW flying home on the 3rd of October.

The first week we have time with family with a few exciting activities planned and then it's 2 weeks of alone time, by the time we get back from the cruise everyone will have gone home. :banana:
Oooh, sounds lovely!

Where are you staying? If I see you I'll say 'hi!' :teeth:

daveyc150
07-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Oooh, sounds lovely!

Where are you staying? If I see you I'll say 'hi!' :teeth:

LOL we're staying all over!

We have 4 days at Port Orleans French Quarter
3 days at the Contemporary Resort
1 week cruise
1 week at Pop Century

Feel free to say hi!!!!

malibustacey
07-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Are you having Misty at Epcot for your dessert party? How did you manage this!!??

I thought Misty wasnt allowed in the parks and im so in love with Mistys work and im torn whether to have a disney photographer to follow us the whole day from getting ready to the dessert party... if we had misty she wouldnt be allowed tho come to the dessrt party so im so torn with what to do.

Did you book her before the outside photographers ban? heh?

daveyc150
07-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Are you having Misty at Epcot for your dessert party? How did you manage this!!??

I thought Misty wasnt allowed in the parks and im so in love with Mistys work and im torn whether to have a disney photographer to follow us the whole day from getting ready to the dessert party... if we had misty she wouldnt be allowed tho come to the dessrt party so im so torn with what to do.

Did you book her before the outside photographers ban? heh?

We got in just before the outside photographer in theme park ban so we can have Misty in Epcot. We were really pleased that we booked when we did as we have heard very mixed reviews of the Disney photographers, but they have been trying to make things better by letting you see the work of their photographers before you book and you can at least express to them who you would want. We asked for Amy for our MK photo shoot.

daveyc150
08-02-2009, 09:56 AM
I can't believe it's all so close now. We get married next month!

It's 5 weeks and 6 days till we fly to Florida

It's 6 weeks and 4 days till we get married

It's 6 weeks and 6 days till our Disney Cruise

I still feel like there is still so much to organise but find that we just don't find the time to do it. I guess we will make it happen. On the whole we are sorted, I think the only major thing for the trip is the travel insurance and Disney has taken care of most things it's just those finishing touches.

We are well on the way with our at home party now too, all the invites got sent out last week and we are starting to get some RSVP which is great. It's reassuring to know that people like you! :rotfl2: The at home party will be taking place on October 31st and before everyone asks, it isn't a Halloween party!!! We have made it very clear on our invites that it is not a costume party but everyone keeps asking. I dread to think what people will show up wearing.

ghoulish delight
08-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Hi David! :wave2: Just found your PJ and read through everything! I love your guys' story! I know everyone else has said it already, but it is so sweet and romantic that you two are getting married where you met one another! :lovestruc Your wedding sounds like it's going to be fabulous! I love your colors and can't wait to see photos from it once you return home. :thumbsup2

daveyc150
08-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi David! :wave2: Just found your PJ and read through everything! I love your guys' story! I know everyone else has said it already, but it is so sweet and romantic that you two are getting married where you met one another! :lovestruc Your wedding sounds like it's going to be fabulous! I love your colors and can't wait to see photos from it once you return home. :thumbsup2

There will be tons of photos when we get back, Misty will be there all day, I like taking pics and so do our firends!!! Can't believe how quickly it's all coming round, it's only 6 weeks tomorrow! :banana::banana::banana:

Mrsdisneyb2b
08-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Guys the last month is going to FLYYY mine did insanely fast!!

Just be sure you take any mishaps and turn them into a good laugh! we learned to do this and let me tell you our trip would have been ruined had we not!!

Almost one month!:banana:

daveyc150
08-06-2009, 05:04 PM
It is certainly flying by now, it's 6 weeks today!!!!

5 weeks till we fly tomorrow.

We are pretty chilled out by it all, Disney is like a second home to us so we figure what can be so bad when you're at Disney World.

We have a whole bunch of stuff planned during our first week with family. We planned two activities each day and people could decide whether they wanted to come along or not. We didn't want everyone to feel obliged to come as we know that for a lot of people this is their holiday too.

A quick run down:

Sunday - Sea Raycers and Afternoon Tea
Monday - Donald's Safari Breakfast & Miniature Golf
Tuesday - Epcot Segway Tour & Rose & Crown for Lunch
Wednesday - Ohana for Dinner and Grand 1 Firework Cruise
Thursday - Wedding
Friday - Liberty Tree Tavern for Lunch & MNSSHP

Saturday morning we are taking our Mum's for breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table before we head off to the cruise!!!!!!! 7 nights on the Disney Magic minus all the family!!!!!!

I can't wait.

ghoulish delight
08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
That sounds like so much fun!! :yay:

Carye
08-06-2009, 07:40 PM
I am very excited to see another wedding being planned for the UK courtyard, ours is going to be there in January. Can't wait to see pics of how it comes out everything sounds great so far. Good Luck!!!

Boardwalk_bride
08-07-2009, 08:24 AM
I think it so great that you have family time in WDW, and private time on the cruise! It is such a good idea!

Your getting so close now!!!!:banana::banana:

malibustacey
08-07-2009, 09:29 AM
you MUST MUST MUST show us a ton of piccys when you get back!

thats great that you have organised 2 events per day for your guests to come if they want!! its a good idea- you can get time to spend with guests but still you can have your time alone in between those events

i bet you are both really excited!

daveyc150
08-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I am very excited to see another wedding being planned for the UK courtyard, ours is going to be there in January. Can't wait to see pics of how it comes out everything sounds great so far. Good Luck!!!

Well stay tuned, there will be a full trip report going on here when we get back so you can see lots of pictures, how many people have you got? We have only got 16 people total but our Wedding Planner seemed really flexible about the layout of chairs etc. We have a rehersal the day before so we can see where the sun is going to be etc. The only thing we were told was that we couldn't do it on the band stand due to the Beatles musical instruments.

daveyc150
08-09-2009, 12:18 PM
I think it so great that you have family time in WDW, and private time on the cruise! It is such a good idea!

Your getting so close now!!!!:banana::banana:

It was very important to us to have this, we have done family holidays in the past and let's just say there were different ideas about what was fun and what wasn't and little flexibility in some camps! :confused3

We've tired to plan events and then people can come if they want but don't have too if they want to do something else, we do not want to lead 16 people around a theme park. We have a week on the cruise to enjoy some alone time then it's back WDW for another week without family when we can do more of the things we enjoy.

daveyc150
08-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Someone needs to tell me how to multiple quote in a response :confused3

We can't wait, it's 4 weeks and 6 days till we leave for Orlando and 5 weeks and 4 days till the wedding. We keep adding to our list of things to do but never seem to cross anything off??? And I just found out I need to go to NJ at the beginning of September with work, normally i'd be quite excited by this but it's so close the holiday and wedding that the timing is a bit rubbish.

Oh well, guess we just need to focus and get stuff done.

daveyc150
08-14-2009, 06:48 PM
4 weeks right at this very moment I will be... asleep probably!!! lol

No I will be at Manchester Airport at a hotel being really excited for our flight. I can't believe how close it is now! I have lost all interest in work and anything that is not wedding or holiday related, I am reading the Dis constantly, following other peoples trip reports, I feel like I could burst with excitement some days. :cloud9:

We still have a few things to sort out in the next few weeks. The play list for the reception being one of them. We're having an i-pod setup thingy so we need to create a playlist that will cover about 5 hours :eek: Now having agreed on most things Ian and I sat down to start this two nights ago. We agreed that we should split it into sections to make it easier and that we wanted to probably just have Disney music. It's only going to be background music, I don't dance and therefore no dacing will be encouraged :laughing: Anyway, playlists, we just cannot agree what to include, he want's Disney clasics but anything I suggest just isn't right :headache: I want to have some funny stuff in there, but no, that would be "Tacky". Geez we are two men having a wedding at Disney World and Mickey Mouse is going to show up...:rolleyes1 Not that our wedding will be at all tacky but I think he needs to just go with it, otherwise we'll listen to the same four songs go round and round for 5 hours. :dance3:

Suggestions anyone?

Lol I am sure we will come to an agreement somewhere along the line... I hope! :love:

Anyway it's late so i'm going to bed. But I noticed that i've made the last four posts on this thread, is anybody but me reading it? :rotfl2:

NikkiLovesWDW!
08-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey guys! I love the plans you have for your wedding! They sound great. Are you getting nervous? It's so close now! For me, at this point, I was just in, "What do I need to do next?" mode! I can't imagine preparing for a destination wedding, let alone coming all the way across the ocean!!!

We'll be in WDW from Oct. 2-5 so we'll look for you on Fri and Sat! Make sure you wear your "Just Married" and "Happily Ever After" pins!!!

Looking forward to hearing more!

NikkiLovesWDW!
08-14-2009, 06:56 PM
OH and to multi-quote, you click the button NEXT to the "quote" button for each post you want to quote, then hit "post reply" or "quote" on the last post you quote and they will all show up in the reply! :thumbsup2

ghoulish delight
08-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Ooh my gosh! I can't believe it's so close for you now!! :yay: No wonder it's difficult for you to focus on anything that isn't wedding related! I know I'll be the same when mine rolls around. ;) And I'd be happy to suggest some songs for you, if you tell me which 4 or 5 you two already have in mind so I don't repeat anything! Hehe.

NikkiLovesWDW!
08-14-2009, 07:04 PM
We used Billy Joel, When you Wish Upon a Star for our wedding song. It's a little "classier" version, I guess you could say. Also from that same special, Harry Connick sings "Bare Necessities" and I actually think if you look on itunes you can find some other Disney songs that Harry Connick covered....if that's something that sounds appealing to you guys.

I'll try to think of more for you!

daveyc150
08-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey guys! I love the plans you have for your wedding! They sound great. Are you getting nervous? It's so close now! For me, at this point, I was just in, "What do I need to do next?" mode! I can't imagine preparing for a destination wedding, let alone coming all the way across the ocean!!!

We'll be in WDW from Oct. 2-5 so we'll look for you on Fri and Sat! Make sure you wear your "Just Married" and "Happily Ever After" pins!!!

Keep your eyes open, we'll probably be at Epcot on the last night (2nd Oct) and Magic Kingdom for our last day, we don't fly till late so we have plenty of time to enjoy most of the day. Where are you staying?

It's strange because I don't feel nervous at all, just really excited. Ian is nervous though lol

OH and to multi-quote, you click the button NEXT to the "quote" button for each post you want to quote, then hit "post reply" or "quote" on the last post you quote and they will all show up in the reply! :thumbsup2

:yay:

Ooh my gosh! I can't believe it's so close for you now!! :yay: No wonder it's difficult for you to focus on anything that isn't wedding related! I know I'll be the same when mine rolls around. ;) And I'd be happy to suggest some songs for you, if you tell me which 4 or 5 you two already have in mind so I don't repeat anything! Hehe.

Lol I think the only song we agreed on is the Mickey Mouse Club march for when Mickey arrives. We didn't get any further than that so any suggestions are very welcome.

Boardwalk_bride
08-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Do you watch "Friends". I am thinking of when Ross and Rachel were deciding on baby names, and they each had a certain amount of "vetos". Maybe you could do something like that. Each of you can make a list of songs, and each can take off say 5 from each others list. Just remind him marriage is about compromise, so he better get used to it :rotfl: I also think if you are having a BBQ inspired meal, some of the more character type songs would really suit the "feel". That's my opinion anyway, I am sure it will all work out!

YAY for 4 weeks:cheer2:....I'm at 8 months and 1 day....I wish I was you!:sad1:

daveyc150
08-14-2009, 07:15 PM
We used Billy Joel, When you Wish Upon a Star for our wedding song. It's a little "classier" version, I guess you could say. Also from that same special, Harry Connick sings "Bare Necessities" and I actually think if you look on itunes you can find some other Disney songs that Harry Connick covered....if that's something that sounds appealing to you guys.

I'll try to think of more for you!

All suggestions are very welcome!

Do you watch "Friends". I am thinking of when Ross and Rachel were deciding on baby names, and they each had a certain amount of "vetos". Maybe you could do something like that. Each of you can make a list of songs, and each can take off say 5 from each others list. Just remind him marriage is about compromise, so he better get used to it :rotfl: I also think if you are having a BBQ inspired meal, some of the more character type songs would really suit the "feel". That's my opinion anyway, I am sure it will all work out!

YAY for 4 weeks:cheer2:....I'm at 8 months and 1 day....I wish I was you!:sad1:

I love that idea, he's in bed right now so he sounds grumpy at the idea but it is already Saturday morning here so I shouldn't be mean :scared1: I'm sure we'll work it out, we still have 4 weeks left to disagree...

Don't wish the planning time away to quickly as it is part of the build up which I think is important. You'll want to change your mind about things and people will suggest new ideas so your wedding will evolve as time passes. I'm wishing my working days away but I don't want it to come around too quickly, as we still have things left to do... and a song list to pick!

ghoulish delight
08-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Then I'll suggest a few Disney related ones, and maybe they won't seem as "tacky" to your DF, hopefully! (:rotfl2: What a silly fella!) -

'Ever Ever After', Carrie Underwood (Enchanted)
'Little Wonders', Rob Thomas (Meet The Robinsons)
'Can't Take it In', Imogen Heap (Narnia)
'Simple And Clean', Utada Hikaru (Kingdom Hearts)
'Sanctuary', Utada Hikaru (Kingdom Hearts II)

And I think older Disney songs can't possibly seem tacky at all! They're adorable and old fashioned. :love: Sooo -

'Love', from Robin Hood
'So This is Love', from Cinderella
'Once Upon a Dream', from Sleeping Beauty
'A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes', from Cinderella

NikkiLovesWDW!
08-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Keep your eyes open, we'll probably be at Epcot on the last night (2nd Oct) and Magic Kingdom for our last day, we don't fly till late so we have plenty of time to enjoy most of the day. Where are you staying?

It's strange because I don't feel nervous at all, just really excited. Ian is nervous though lol

Yay! You got the multi-quote! Unfortunately, I'll be at the MK on Friday night (for MNSSHP) and Epcot on Saturday. :rolleyes: Staying at CBR.

daveyc150
08-15-2009, 05:29 AM
Yay! You got the multi-quote! Unfortunately, I'll be at the MK on Friday night (for MNSSHP) and Epcot on Saturday. :rolleyes: Staying at CBR.

Aaaww well keep your eyse open anyway. we may change our plans and head to Epcot first then over to the Magic Kingdom.

4 weeks today and we'll be getting ready to board the big silver bird! Well actually it will be white and red as we are flying with Virgin lol. A lot of our friends and family are also on the same flight as as us be decided to fly premium ecconomy, it is our wedding :confused3 so while we will be going upstairs to the extra leg room and champagne welcome they will be herded into luggage hold. Lol it's not quite so bad, Virgin are one of the best so their ecconomy service is pretty good.

Anyway off into town to buy Ian some new shoes for the wedding. I hate shoe shopping so i'll be sticking with what i've got already.

We'll be discussing music this afternoon again :rolleyes1

NikkiLovesWDW!
08-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Aaaww well keep your eyse open anyway. we may change our plans and head to Epcot first then over to the Magic Kingdom.

We'll be discussing music this afternoon again :rolleyes1

I will!

Let us know what you decide about the music!

Elsha
08-15-2009, 07:45 AM
I've been reading!! :goodvibes
Everything sounds wonderful! :lovestruc

As for song choices, I've always liked the music from Pocahontas and lady and the tramp as well. I'd been searching for lines from songs online to have engraved on my DH ring for our VR. If you search Disney lyrics on google there's a couple sites that pop up with a listing of just about every Disney movie's songs...maybe seeing the words in print will help sway him a little? :upsidedow

If I think of any others I'll let you know. Hope your left over work time goes just quick enough, and good luck with the music selection process...:cheer2:

Nitsa
08-15-2009, 08:08 AM
I love your story!! I also met my DF while participating on the WDWIP (2006), and what a magical year that was :)

As for songs, well...I recently went to a wedding where they played the song that was used in the Disney Earth trailer (by Sigur Ros). It's really slow, but it was beautiful.

daveyc150
08-16-2009, 04:46 PM
I love your story!! I also met my DF while participating on the WDWIP (2006), and what a magical year that was :)

As for songs, well...I recently went to a wedding where they played the song that was used in the Disney Earth trailer (by Sigur Ros). It's really slow, but it was beautiful.

How exciting we also have other friends who got together while they were on the IP. It was one of the best years on my life, loved avery minute of it. Where you F&B or Merch?

daveyc150
08-16-2009, 04:55 PM
OK so we spent most of yesrterday listening to music and discussing amicably what we wanted to have and we have completed our music.

So since we will have the violinist we don't need anything between 10 and 11. From 11 onwards we have chosen to have the music loop that currently plays at Paradise Pier in Disney's California Adventure. We like this as it fits well with the boardwalk theme, it isn't Disney music but is from a Disney location. Also since the lopp runs for a whole hour we don't have to worry about it!!!!

Then while we have food we will be having Disney Classics, ranging from Snow White all the way through to Mulan, we've got a good mix of stuff in there. We've stuck to original versions from the movies here as this is the way we love to remember them.

Mickey is going to show up at 1 so we have the Micky Mouse Club March and then a selection of music from the them parks for the next half and hour. Then after that we have some Disney Mania music, HSM etc it's a bit more lively and although we have no intention of dancing lol some people may feel the urge, especially after a few hours of a free bar!

Just so you all know there are no cuts or bruises as a result of these decisions!

27 Sleeps to go!

NikkiLovesWDW!
08-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Music selections sound great! Glad you were able to agree on it! That's what marriage is all about...or so they say! Sounds like you two work well together! :thumbsup2

cakesnjammom
08-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Still loving your PR!
I know you are both so excited. The countdown is SO upon us. Wishing you the best travels and the most exciting, special day ever. Enjoy every second of it b/c it does and WILL fly by quickly. We look forward to meeting you on the boat.
Tell me again...I should already know :rolleyes1but it escapes me where are you flying to FL from??
Well see you soon 33 days til we cruise and yout trip and wedding day sooner.

daveyc150
08-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Sorry not to respond sooner, I have been away with work. I had dinner in front of Windsor Castle last night, the weather was beuatiful so we ate outside by the river. Unfortunately the Queen was too busy yesterday to join us...:confused3

Music selections sound great! Glad you were able to agree on it! That's what marriage is all about...or so they say! Sounds like you two work well together! :thumbsup2

We do work well together, we've been together for over 5 years now so I feel like we just complement each other perfectly. :love:

Still loving your PR!
I know you are both so excited. The countdown is SO upon us. Wishing you the best travels and the most exciting, special day ever. Enjoy every second of it b/c it does and WILL fly by quickly. We look forward to meeting you on the boat.
Tell me again...I should already know :rolleyes1but it escapes me where are you flying to FL from??
Well see you soon 33 days til we cruise and yout trip and wedding day sooner.

It's so exciting, I am counting the sleeps now. 24 sleeps till we fly to Florida, 29 sleeps till the wedding and 31 sleeps till the cruise.

W're flying in from the UK, we live in the north-east, a place called Hull. Looking forward to meeting you on the cruise. :woohoo:

malibustacey
08-20-2009, 12:03 PM
ooooh just 24 sleeps away! that is exactly how i count down :rotfl:

im just a tad jealous its so close! hehe

Nitsa
08-20-2009, 12:12 PM
How exciting we also have other friends who got together while they were on the IP. It was one of the best years on my life, loved avery minute of it. Where you F&B or Merch?

I was Canadian F&B, so I served at Le Cellier...I would do that program again in a moment! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, as well.

You are so lucky to be going back to the magic so soon, I wish you both all the best :)

Mrsdisneyb2b
08-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Little less than a month!!:banana:

daveyc150
08-20-2009, 03:26 PM
ooooh just 24 sleeps away! that is exactly how i count down :rotfl:

im just a tad jealous its so close! hehe

I always count down in sleeps for exciting things, I don't know it just sounds even more exciting. Now it's only 23!

I was Canadian F&B, so I served at Le Cellier...I would do that program again in a moment! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, as well.

You are so lucky to be going back to the magic so soon, I wish you both all the best :)

We loved it, not sure I would do the IP again as I think the people that I was there with made it special but would love to work for Disney full time, but it's just impossible to get a visa.

Little less than a month!!:banana:

:banana:

malibustacey
08-21-2009, 12:18 PM
heh talk about impossible to get a visa! We havent even tried to apply yet ( i think i spoke with you before about this..? as i knew you were from the uk and went to Florida and lived for a while and working for Disney...) and im scared about the rejection!

It is our dream to live out there, and i know we will move there one day. We are hoping that the wedding out there in Florida will look good for us when its time for us to apply for the visa. You can get big houses out in Orlando for so little money compared to houses in the uk! ... So watch this space!

Heh, if i was you, i would be planning to pack - or i would have packed already with excitment!

You must promise to post on here when you get back with lots of photos! :cutie:

daveyc150
08-21-2009, 02:30 PM
heh talk about impossible to get a visa! We havent even tried to apply yet ( i think i spoke with you before about this..? as i knew you were from the uk and went to Florida and lived for a while and working for Disney...) and im scared about the rejection!

It is our dream to live out there, and i know we will move there one day. We are hoping that the wedding out there in Florida will look good for us when its time for us to apply for the visa. You can get big houses out in Orlando for so little money compared to houses in the uk! ... So watch this space!

Heh, if i was you, i would be planning to pack - or i would have packed already with excitment!

You must promise to post on here when you get back with lots of photos! :cutie:

US visa's are so hard to get unless you have a company to sponsor you or are setting up your own business. One day...

We haven't started to pack yet, although Ian is desperate to get the cases out I am a little more practical about it, the last thing we need is two huge suitcases lying round the house half filled for the next three weeks!!!!

We'll be having tons of pictures to share no doubt about that. Go Misty!

daveyc150
08-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Less than three weeks till we fly & 3 and a half to the wedding :cool1:

Had quite a busy weekend finishing a few things off. I updated the ESTA with all of our travel details and have started to print things out so that we have all of our confirmations in one place for hotels, car hire etc. I also ordered some contact lenses, I don't normally wear contacts but often get them to go on holiday with. If I don't wear my glasses I am completely blind so I try to wear them if I know I will be particpating in "wet" activities - swimming/waterparks etc. As we have several of this type of activity on the cruise I want to make sure I have them!

I spent some time in town yesterday preparing a gift for our wedding planner. We decided that we would create a basket with some UK type stuff that would remond her of us and also some things that she wouldn't be able to get in the USA. Pictures below.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010058.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010059.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010060.jpg

Now I spent a little more than I expected too but am really pleased with everything. For those that think the pictures are small it contains the following:

A British Cook Book
Paddington Bear Plush
Double Decker Bus Model
Mug from Hull (where we live)
Pen from Hull
Twining's Breakfast Tea
Scotish Shortbread
A range of British candies

To this we will probably also give a gift card. I really hope she likes it, it has taken a bit of thought to decide what to include and will certainly add some weight to our luggage!!!!

Well it's late so I am off to bed.

Elsha
08-23-2009, 07:52 PM
I love the gift basket!:thumbsup2

NikkiLovesWDW!
08-23-2009, 07:57 PM
What a thoughtful gift for your wedding planner! I love that idea!

P.S. I was surprised to see Kit Kat in the UK pavilion. I did not know Kit Kat was not American! The wrapping is a little different but I'm sure it's just as delicious no matter where you get it!

Mrsdisneyb2b
08-23-2009, 08:06 PM
I see some aero there! But no crunchies!! I used to wait for the day my grandfather would bring back crunchies after he went to ireland!! My favorite! She is sure to love it!

malibustacey
08-24-2009, 08:04 AM
omg! that is such a thoughtful idea! i would never have thought of that- good thinking batman! :thumbsup2

She will love it!! Let us know what she thinks of it! I really would like to send our planner something (when we know who it is) and something like that is so thoughtful. Gotta have some Twinnnnigggsss tea in there darling!

daveyc150
08-24-2009, 05:28 PM
I love the gift basket!:thumbsup2

What a thoughtful gift for your wedding planner! I love that idea!

P.S. I was surprised to see Kit Kat in the UK pavilion. I did not know Kit Kat was not American! The wrapping is a little different but I'm sure it's just as delicious no matter where you get it!

I see some aero there! But no crunchies!! I used to wait for the day my grandfather would bring back crunchies after he went to ireland!! My favorite! She is sure to love it!

omg! that is such a thoughtful idea! i would never have thought of that- good thinking batman! :thumbsup2

She will love it!! Let us know what she thinks of it! I really would like to send our planner something (when we know who it is) and something like that is so thoughtful. Gotta have some Twinnnnigggsss tea in there darling!

Glad you all like it, we have been trying to decide what to get. I know that we could just get her a gift card but it wouldn't be very personal. This way she has some things that she can remember us by. Lol and we'll get her a gift card too, just to a lower value. She has done a great job for us, no question has been unanswered and she has had great suggestions and taken care of things really quickly.

:cheer2:Yey Carol :cheer2:

tiggersam00
08-24-2009, 11:23 PM
OK I love that basket! Your planner is going to love it! I was thinking of doing something similar with things from Boston where we live and a Visa gift card to say thanks! Such a great idea Davey!

You must be getting so excited for the big day, you have to promise to take tons of pics and write a big long trip report for us all when you get back. 3 weeks you lucky duck! So happy for you guys!:goodvibes

Dizzy627
08-25-2009, 12:34 PM
I just read your PJ and thought your wedding plans were awesome. I love all the quirky little details that make it individual for you guys (especially the food - yum). I hope everything goes exactly how you want it to!:cheer2:

daveyc150
08-26-2009, 03:58 PM
OK I love that basket! Your planner is going to love it! I was thinking of doing something similar with things from Boston where we live and a Visa gift card to say thanks! Such a great idea Davey!

You must be getting so excited for the big day, you have to promise to take tons of pics and write a big long trip report for us all when you get back. 3 weeks you lucky duck! So happy for you guys!:goodvibes

There will be tons of pictures I am sure of that and I will write a trip report too. We are away for 3 weeks though so you'll have to patiently wait... popcorn::

I just read your PJ and thought your wedding plans were awesome. I love all the quirky little details that make it individual for you guys (especially the food - yum). I hope everything goes exactly how you want it to!:cheer2:

We really wanted to make it special and unique, not everyone was so hot on the idea of the food but hey it's our wedding and we're paying for it!!!!

Ann117
08-28-2009, 09:46 AM
I just found your PJ. I love your save the dates!! Only three weeks!! Good luck with everything!!!!

Petals & Pixie Dust
08-28-2009, 10:43 AM
I love the basket! It has given me some ideas! Not that I want your day to fly by...but I can't wait for this TR!!! :cool1:

daveyc150
08-28-2009, 12:23 PM
I just found your PJ. I love your save the dates!! Only three weeks!! Good luck with everything!!!!

So many people have commented on the save the date cards...they must be good :)

I love the basket! It has given me some ideas! Not that I want your day to fly by...but I can't wait for this TR!!! :cool1:

I would love the next two weeks to fly by as then we start our vacation. But then I want it to slow down so we have time to enjoy every second.

2 weeks today we will be on our way to the airport :cool1:

daveyc150
08-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Can't believe it's all coming round so quickly now! We have been recieving lots of acceptance cards for our "at home" reception which I don't believe I have even mentioned yet... :confused3

Well since there will only 16 people in Florida we decided that we wanted to have something at home so that we could celebrate with all our friends and family. This will be taking place 4 weeks after we get back from Orlando on the 31st of October. We had so many people ask us if it's a costume party since it's Halloween but it's not!!! We are holding the party at our local aquarium which is about 15 minutes walk from our house. The link below shows you what it's like. It's called "The Deep" and makes the claim that it's the worlds ONLY submarium.

http://www.thedeep.co.uk/

We thought it was a great place for a reception, it was going to cost us about the same amount of money to rent a hotel function room but this place has so much more character. It starts at 7pm and guests will have full access to the whole place for the first hour and half to see the fishes. Then we have a disco and food later on, we are really excited. We have about 100 people coming to this so much more than the wedding.

At least this will give us something to look forward too when we get back from WDW and have the Disney depression :sad2:

tiggersam00
08-30-2009, 04:40 PM
only 2 weeks you guys must be so exciiited!!!!!!

cakesnjammom
08-30-2009, 06:50 PM
david and ian....hi!
your reception plans sound great! boy you are both going to have TONS of memories! Which is so great, the special times go by so quickly after all the hard work and planning....so slow down and take it all in!

I have heard 12:30 pm for Key West arrival...but like you said others have posted about arriving earlier?? Wonder if that was the Eastern's that turned into Western's due to weather??:confused3 sorry...HTH

daveyc150
09-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Omg - 2 weeks today!!!!!

NikkiLovesWDW!
09-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Omg - 2 weeks today!!!!!

AHHHH!! They are going to FLY!

daveyc150
09-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I hope so, I get really giddy and a dopey look on my face whenever anyone asks about it. This time in a week though we'll be on our way to the airport.

:banana::banana::banana:

Elsha
09-05-2009, 08:08 PM
OMG! So so very close. At risk of sounding like everyone else good luck! Have fun! Can't wait for your TR :goodvibes

daveyc150
09-06-2009, 06:14 AM
We now fly in 6 days but are leaving for the airport on Friday this week. The house looks like a bomb has landed and Ian keeps making lists of things that neeed to be packed, I think he's almost on 4 pages...

Planning our wedding = :cool1:

Preparing for a 3 week vacation = :scared1:

Not only do we need to pack I need to make sure that everything is finished off at work too and that people will cover what I normally do. Unfortunately no one seems to care that I go on holiday in a week and that there is no way they are going to get what they want before October now!!!!! Roll on Friday.

We picked up our suits yesterday so they are now sat in the lounge and I am happy to report that they fit! We tried them on at the shop when we picked them up and they look great, in reality it's the first thime we've seen the whole ensemble together.

I feel like I have so much to do... :eek:

Petals & Pixie Dust
09-06-2009, 10:05 AM
I am soo excited for you! :yay:
Everything will work out...and when you look back you'll wonder what you were so worried about!:thumbsup2

daveyc150
09-06-2009, 10:10 AM
I have had a quite a productive days so far and now have a pile of clothes that are ready to be packed. I've picked travelling clothes and ensured that I have enough stuff to wear this week so all is well and I feel a bit better.

Now I just need to figure out the work trauma's...

Sweetsus
09-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Congratulations!

I've just found this trip report and absolutely LOVE your plans! :lovestruc I'd seen your save the dates and the gift for your planner on other threads and thought they were amazing!

You must be sooooo excited now! only 2 weeks to go. I would totally be in holiday mode also - I've got over seven months to go to my wedding but I'm totally in the zone! :cloud9:

Word of advice on work - don't stress over it (easier said than done)! I'm sure I'm one of many who have spent long hours worrying before (and during!) my holidays about my work being covered etc. Its your wedding and honeymoon - don't let it overshadow that! If no one else is worried then you shouldn't be! :hug: Your main priority now is you and your partner! And that amazing time you're going to have! Enjoy!

NikkiLovesWDW!
09-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Good luck! I know it seems crazy and it will up until the day but you WILL get everything done, everything will be fine (even if it all doesn't go according to plan) and then you'll have a great vacation!

daveyc150
09-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Congratulations!

I've just found this trip report and absolutely LOVE your plans! :lovestruc I'd seen your save the dates and the gift for your planner on other threads and thought they were amazing!

You must be sooooo excited now! only 2 weeks to go. I would totally be in holiday mode also - I've got over seven months to go to my wedding but I'm totally in the zone! :cloud9:

Word of advice on work - don't stress over it (easier said than done)! I'm sure I'm one of many who have spent long hours worrying before (and during!) my holidays about my work being covered etc. Its your wedding and honeymoon - don't let it overshadow that! If no one else is worried then you shouldn't be! :hug: Your main priority now is you and your partner! And that amazing time you're going to have! Enjoy!

Good luck! I know it seems crazy and it will up until the day but you WILL get everything done, everything will be fine (even if it all doesn't go according to plan) and then you'll have a great vacation!

I am soo excited for you! :yay:
Everything will work out...and when you look back you'll wonder what you were so worried about!:thumbsup2

Thanks for all of your well wishes. I know that as soon as we get in the car on Friday night all the stress will disappear and the holiday and wedding will be great. It's work more than anything that I just need to get on top of. My assisstant handed in her notice a couple of weeks ago and she leaves while I am away. I am really sad as she is great but I don't have anyone to replace her yet so making sure that we are in a good state before I go is crucial. It'll happen but it's gonna be hard work!

daveyc150
09-10-2009, 01:06 PM
1 week today!!!!!

Well this will be my last post for a while as we are leaving for the airport tomorrow afternoon. I will have a TR and lots of photos right here when I get back.

Watch this space and see you in 3 weeks! popcorn::

Boardwalk_bride
09-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Have a great wedding/vacation!!!!:banana::banana::cheer2::cheer2:

cakesnjammom
09-10-2009, 02:16 PM
safe travels to you! see you on the BOAT!:cheer2:

Petals & Pixie Dust
09-10-2009, 03:39 PM
YEAH! Have a great time!

NikkiLovesWDW!
09-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Woo Hooo!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

spacerangerqueen
09-10-2009, 04:40 PM
yey! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Elsha
09-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Hope you guys have a fabulous time!!! Good luck, safe trip and congrats :goodvibes:thumbsup2

malibustacey
09-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Wellllllll hello there!

I know you wont be reading this anytime soon because .... guess what!?:upsidedow

Something is happening tomorrow? I wonder what is happening tomorrow? :confused3

Its your WEDDING DAY!!!

And then - Your Cruise! You lucky so and so's! :cloud9:

Anyways, i was at work and remembered its your day tomorrow and just wanted to drop by and say hi! (even though you wont read this til you get back home!) I'll be thinking of you tomorrow having your dream day!

I bet you are soooooo excited and happy at the moment! :banana:

malibustacey
09-17-2009, 03:58 AM
HAPPY WEDDING DAY!

Hope you both have an amazing day and hope your day is everything you have dreamed of. Have fun and im looking forward to a heap of photos when you get back!

spacerangerqueen
09-17-2009, 07:07 AM
happy wedding day!

rpmdfw
09-17-2009, 08:13 AM
HAPPY WEDDING DAY!

Enjoy every minute of it!

Sarah <3 Disney
09-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Happy wedding day! :goodvibes

Mrsdisneyb2b
09-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Came on to wish you A HAPPY WEDDING DAYY!!

Petals & Pixie Dust
09-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Happy Wedding Day!

Elsha
09-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh crap I'm a day late! :sad1:

Happy late wedding day!!! Congrats guys! :goodvibes

DisneyBrideToni
09-18-2009, 11:34 PM
I hope you had a wonderful wedding day!!!!!!!! :lovestruc

kmg148
10-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I hope you guys had a wonderful day! Can't wait to hear about it.

I LOVED your save the dates! I also loved how you put Paddington in the basket for your WP!

I loved your choice of the music from Brother Bear. I love Phil!

daveyc150
10-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Really sorry for my absence, we have been back a week but have been really busy and tired and also going to Italy again with work tomorrow.

We had the most wonderful day and holiday and I can't wait to share it all with you... but you're going to have to wait just a bit longer. Everything went perfectly, thank you all for the well wishes, photos and TR soon!!!!

NikkiLovesWDW!
10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Congratulations!!! So glad to hear everything went well! Can't wait to see pictures! :thumbsup2

Petals & Pixie Dust
10-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Ok we forgive you now get writing!!! :banana:

malibustacey
10-15-2009, 07:03 AM
YOUR PHOTOS ARE UP ON MISTYS ONLINE PROOFING SECTION... but dammit.... i cant see the photos because there is a password! All i can see is a photo of you guys jumping up!

Comeeeeeee backkkkkkkk! I wanna see your piccys!

Petals & Pixie Dust
10-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Or at least PM us with your password!!!! I wanna see too!

Boardwalk_bride
10-15-2009, 07:13 PM
oh no! I forgot to say happy wedding day!!! Well I hope you had a fantastic time....and I agree...we need pictures!!! and a TR!!!

daveyc150
10-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Okay Okay, calm down. LOL

Let me start this off by saying that we had the most wonderful time in the whole world and that Disney, Misty and Renee (Our Officiant) exceeded every single one of our very high expectations for the day. As ex-cast members we know what Disney is capable of and what standards to expect, these standards were surpassed on every level. Coming home from a three week vacation has been difficult, not only catching up on the things we missed while away but also it has been been emotionally draining following such an amazing 3 weeks.

I'm on my lap top right now so I will have to add pictures later but as i'm sure you can imagine that there are many hundreds of them.

Review:

Disney Fairytale Weddings - WOW WOW WOW. I can't say enough about how amazing our wedding planner was and how much she did to make everything so perfect for us. She was efficient and organised and took everything in her stride and she really made sure that it was all perfect. Not only this but she was the most wonderful person and a new friend, we could not thank her enough for how she and her team looked after us.

Disney Photography - Our Magic Kingdom photo shoot was absolutely brilliant and the photos that were taken are great. It was a really busy morning in the park but the way the shots were taken you would think that there was nothing else going on. We had plenty of time to have pictures taken in the locations we wanted and our photographer was excellent.

Misty Miotto - AMAZING, I can't believe how many pictures she took and how great they are. We had pictures everywhere that we wanted to and then some, she had us walking everywhere. I love all the pictures and all the time she took to get the best shots in best locations, her husband Nelio was also great. They captured so many moments.

Renee - What a wonderful personal service we recieved from her. She took so much time to prepare a personalised ceremony for us and it was all done with so much thought. Renee took the time to understand us and what we wanted and the ceremony that she delivered on the day was beautiful. We had so many lovely comments on how good it was.

More to follow soon, with a full day by day blow popcorn::

rpmdfw
10-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Renee - What a wonderful personal service we recieved from her. She took so much time to prepare a personalised ceremony for us and it was all done with so much thought. Renee took the time to understand us and what we wanted and the ceremony that she delivered on the day was beautiful. We had so many lovely comments on how good it was.

Awesome! I'm so glad you liked Renee as much as we did. She is really a great lady, and we loved the ceremony she did for us.

Sounds like you had a great experience over all. I'm so happy for you both!:yay:

torsie24
10-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Welcome back!! I'm glad you had a magical time and everything was perfect!!

I can't wait for photos!!!!!

Petals & Pixie Dust
10-17-2009, 06:27 PM
YEAH YOU'VE STARTED!!! :banana:

Waiting for more....:surfweb:

Boardwalk_bride
10-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Yay! I'm happy to hear you are back and had an amazing time!!! I can't wait for updates and pictures!

pezaddict231
10-17-2009, 10:08 PM
welcome back, I'm glad to hear it was so magical, and very excited to hear more and see some pics!

malibustacey
10-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Well hello there!

I think you have kept us waiting long enough! I cant wait for the whole day by day blow with lots of photos!!

Im so happy for you guys that your day was so amazing!! :goodvibes

MainStMandy
10-18-2009, 10:42 AM
I haven't really followed your PJ but wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!! And I am really looking forward to hearing more about your wedding.

daveyc150
10-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Day 1 - Friday 11th September

Well technically this was a day where I still went to work but we left for the airport and stayed in a hotel, so I think it counts!!!!

The holiday is certainly not the first that we have taken to Florida and will no doubt not be the last. We are seasoned travellers I would say and therefore we usually have the art of packing down to a tee. This time we were slightly worried as we had soooooo many additional things to take with us that we would not normally have that we were worried that 2 suit cases just wouldn't cut it. Between wedding suits, gifts and the massive Buzz Lightyear costume that I had insisted was what I needed for the Halloween party we thought we might need to do 3 bags.

Now 3 bags isn't a complete disaster as our allowance is 2 checked bags each but it just makes life much easier if you only need to worry about one bag, and hand luggage (which in our case was an additional case as you will see from the photo's below). So we each identified what we were packing in the week running up to the 11th and started piles around the house and then on the Thursday night we bagen the task of putting it all in. Now Ian could have a degree in packing as everything slowly but surely disappeared into our cases, including an extra bag in which to bring things home :laughing:

Well it was a tight squeeze but we managed it!!!!

So Friday I go off to work at usual at 8am with a busy day ahead trying to get everything sorted. I left instructions for my team and caught up with all those who I needed too. Normally on a Friday we finish at 4pm so at 4:30 I switched off the computer and and finally left :yay::yay::yay::yay:

I live quite close to work so it took about 5 minutes to get home, so I got changed and we started to load up the car ready for the journey.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010001.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010002.jpg

We left the house at 5pm and we were off on our holiday of a lifetime!

We live in a place called Hull in the North East of England so it was going to be about 2 hours for us to get to Manchester Airport which is on the opposite side of the country.

daveyc150
10-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Awesome! I'm so glad you liked Renee as much as we did. She is really a great lady, and we loved the ceremony she did for us.

Sounds like you had a great experience over all. I'm so happy for you both!:yay:

Renee was amazing, we could not have asked for someone better. The whole day was perfect!

rpmdfw
10-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Renee was amazing, we could not have asked for someone better. The whole day was perfect!

I understand that DFTW is talking to her about being added to their preferred vendors list of officiants.

I think that's a GREAT thing! :woohoo:

daveyc150
10-18-2009, 01:37 PM
I understand that DFTW is talking to her about being added to their preferred vendors list of officiants.

I think that's a GREAT thing! :woohoo:

That really is great news, I know that she spoke with our wedding planner at the rehearsal and on the day. I know we struggled with the preferred list so she would be a welcome addition.

malibustacey
10-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Im so glad Renee made your ceremony so perfect!

I cannnnooot wait to hear all about it! I saw your photo on Mistys proof section with you both jumping in the air and i just thought, wow- what a photo-i bet your day was a blast! i cant wait to hear all about it- i expect LOTS of photos!
:goodvibes

Tale as old as Time
10-19-2009, 04:31 PM
I just stumbled upon your PJ and I got super excited... I met my finace while working for Disney. He was doing an international program and was a server in the Rose and Crown as well. :) You two were lucky that you didn't have to do long distance though like we do. I hope you guys post pics soon! Good luck with your marriage :)

daveyc150
10-19-2009, 05:36 PM
I just stumbled upon your PJ and I got super excited... I met my finace while working for Disney. He was doing an international program and was a server in the Rose and Crown as well. :) You two were lucky that you didn't have to do long distance though like we do. I hope you guys post pics soon! Good luck with your marriage :)

When did you meet him?

daveyc150
10-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Day 1 - Friday 11th September continued

So we arrived at Manchester Airport at around 7pm. This was pretty efficient to be honest. Friday night traffic on the M62 can be tough around Leeds but we breezed through pretty quickly which was great. So we got to the hotel and parked up, we were meeting Ian's Mum at the hotel before going out for dinner.

We checked in and they tried to give us a twin room...:confused3 Well I know we aren't married yet but hey what's up with that? So I smiled nicely and asked if they had a double. The lady at the desk tapped away at her computer and magically produced a double room for us. We were really pleased, it was a great room with a view of the airport.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010005.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010006.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010004.jpg

Our view from the window was great as we could see the runway. Lol not that I spot planes but I liked watching.

So we quickly dropped the bags in the room and used the facilities, 2 hours is a long time and i'd had a can of diet coke... :rolleyes1 We then called Ian's Mum and she was on the same floor. We arranged to meet her by the elevators... say hi to Elaine!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010007.jpg

All of this took place much faster that it probably sounds and we were back in the car and heading out for dinner by 7:15. We had arranged to meet our best friends for dinner at TGI Fridays. It didn't take us long to get there and they were very excited to see us. This was also the first opportunity for the Mickey head wear to make an appearance. This is our friend Claire.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010009.jpg

We checked in and were taken to our table which had balloons? This confused us a little and evidently our server who immediately came over with balloon hats and asked who was having a birthday. Well although I was about to use a voucher for free desserts that I got because it was almost my birthday (1 month away) there was no way they would know. Then I remembered I booked the table online and when it asked if we were celebrating anything (lol you would think they were Disney!!!) I had put that we were celebrating the first day of our Holiday. Lol I never expected them to give us balloon's for that. But hey it was funny :laughing:

This is us all wearing our balloons. Daniel is Claire's husband!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010010.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010011.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010012.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010016.jpg

Dinner was yummy, we had 3 courses (sorry no food porn) including our free desserts. I am a firm believer that you if you can get free stuff you should take advantage of it. It was great a free dessert each.

After dinner we needed to take our car to the car park where we would leave it for the next 3 weeks. It was about 10pm now so it was getting late but we did not want to have to do in the morning. One of the advantages of the hotel we were staying at is that it is attached to the airport via an indoor bridge so going into the airport would be easy. It's quite an expensive hotel - the Radisson SAS, but we some how managed to get a bargain, 55 for a hotel that normally costs about 120.

We parked up the car and then had to wait for the bus back to the hotel. Here we are waiting.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010017.jpg

And waiting and waiting some more until the bus finally came 20 minutes later. Claire and Daniel were using a different car park and were already at the hotel waiting when we got there. They ordered us some drinks while we quickly dropped off the last of our bags in the room. Yey did I mention they are our BEST friends!

We had a drink together before heading off to bed at about 11pm. We had a long day ahead of us tomorrow.

Boardwalk_bride
10-19-2009, 06:16 PM
I am a firm believer that you if you can get free stuff you should take advantage of it. It was great a free dessert each.
My thoughts exactly!!!

Looks like a great first day!!! I too usually drive far to the airport (because Toronto is too $$ to fly too) and I LOVE the build up of the trip.....staying in a hotel airport, going out for a pre-vacay dinner! Oh, you are bringing so many good memories back for me!:rotfl:

Can't wait to see more!

NikkiLovesWDW!
10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
I am SO excited for this TR!!! It's great already, LOVE all the pics!

So funny about your room! I guess they see two guys names on a ressie and assume you will need seperate beds!

And I completely agree with you about the free stuff! I'm all about it!

Petals & Pixie Dust
10-19-2009, 08:29 PM
YEAH YOU STARTED!!! :banana:

daveyc150
10-20-2009, 07:21 AM
My thoughts exactly!!!

Looks like a great first day!!! I too usually drive far to the airport (because Toronto is too $$ to fly too) and I LOVE the build up of the trip.....staying in a hotel airport, going out for a pre-vacay dinner! Oh, you are bringing so many good memories back for me!:rotfl:

Can't wait to see more!

I love the build up to the trip, I think it feels like you're having an extra day's holiday. Also as you're not at home you can just completely switch off from everything.

I am SO excited for this TR!!! It's great already, LOVE all the pics!

So funny about your room! I guess they see two guys names on a ressie and assume you will need seperate beds!

And I completely agree with you about the free stuff! I'm all about it!

The hotel wasn't a problem but we did encounter some funny situations as a result of us being two guys, the next update will have the funniest of those...

malibustacey
10-20-2009, 12:07 PM
ooooher!

Dont have us waiting for too long for the next update!

oh and loving the balloon hats! hehe! :lmao:

Elsha
10-20-2009, 08:22 PM
My thoughts exactly!!!

Can't wait to see more!

Totally agree about Toronto being expensive. We drive to Buffalo to save money. :rolleyes1 But you guys are also right. The trip there, hotel at the airport and dinner are usually an awesome start!

And YAY! Trip report! :goodvibes So happy to hear you're back and to read all the stories :) :thumbsup2

DisneyBrideToni
10-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Loving your TR so far!!! :goodvibes

DisneyL8T
10-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey, I just found your pj/tr. I did the college program twice, once Fall '06 to Spring '07 (worked merchandise at EPCOT: Club Cool, Art of Disney, and Pin Central) and then again Fall '08 (Main Entrance at Animal Kingdom). On my last college program I became a huge fan of The British Invasion, so I spent a lot of time in the UK pavilion. I am so excited to see your wedding pictures in the UK, it seems like a perfect place for a wedding :lovestruc

I can't wait for more popcorn::

daveyc150
10-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Day 2 - Saturday 12th September

Our flight was not leaving until 1:30 in the afternoon so we had no worries about getting up early and rushing around. We'd arranged to meet everyone in the lobby to go down to the airport and drop off the bags. 7:30 and I was wide awake and so excited that I was jumping on the bed!!!!! :banana:

Ian was not so awake, was not jumping on the bed and was not impressed!! :confused:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010018.jpg

I managed to play nice for a while, texting my friends and watching out of the window until Ian finally came around. I was really excited because I got to watch our plane land and at this point Ian started to show some interest in being awake. He wanted to know whether we were flying on the plane called "Jersey Girl". For all those of you that are confused, all of the Virgin Atlantic planes have names and Jersey Girl, for reasons that I cannot understand, is Ian's favourite - bless! :rolleyes1 So we watched out of the window as our plane went passed but we couldn't tell yet whether it was Jersey Girl.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010023.jpg

Everyone started to organise themseleves and we all met in the lobby at about 10am and we made our way down to the airport. Now Ian and I were flying in premium economy, Ian's Mum had checked in online and only needed to drop her bags off and Claire and Daniel couldn't check in online because it wouldn't let them :confused3 . So when we got to the check in hall it was very busy, we all joined our respective queues to check in. This took far loner than we expected, which we later found out was due to the lady at the desk checking in a party of 28 people when she shouldn't have!!! We were not impressed especially since premium economy should have priority and Ian's Mum was done first! I shouldn't complain as Claire and Daniel were still in the line when we finished too.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010024.jpg

It was about 11:30 by the time we were all checked in so we went through the security checks and in the departure lounge. Now no one had eaten anything yet because we hadn't expected it to take so long to check-in. So we went and grabbed some lunch, mmmmmm sausage and chips! I swear food in an airport is way more expensive than the food at Disney World!

After we ate we had about 45 mins before we could board the plane so we split up to go and get magazines/snacks and duty free!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010026.jpg

I also went and snapped a pic of our plane, sorry Ian it's Virginia Plains

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010027.jpg

Boarding time finally came and Ian and I left evryone else in line to get on board as we had a priority line and where whisked upstairs. It was really exciting, we had never been upstairs before, it was so easy to forget that there were hundreds of people downstairs when there are only about 40 people around you.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010028.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010030.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010031.jpg

Ian got some fake champagne and I had some orange juice as we relaxed whilst waiting for everyone else to get on.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010032.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010033.jpg

It didn't take long before we were ready to go and we pulled away from the aiport 15 minutes early!!!!!! :eek:

The start of the flight was pretty uneventful until the drinks service started. We were right at the back of the cabin and the last to be served, as Claire (cabin crew) was pouring our drinks we started to chat.

Claire: How long are you away for?
David: 3 weeks, we're really excited as we are getting married.
Claire: Oh, congratulations how exciting. Where is everyone else?
David: laughs, downstairs
Claire: laughs, I can't believe you've let the bride sit downstairs
Ian: No, i'm the Bride!!!!!

Claire turned red and was really embarased, we on the other hand found the whole thing very amusing. She apologised and we told her not to worry, we found the whole thing really funny and we chatted with her some more. We then heard her tellling the other crew member, Danny, what had happened.
About 5 minutes later Claire reappeared with some proper Champagne and some chocolates as a joint congratulations/apology.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010034.jpg

The flight was pretty smooth overall and we chatted more with Claire and Danny and our friends took turns to come up to visit us.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010035.jpg

We had a great flight, nice food and great service, we had to have a picture with Claire and Danny before we landed.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/P1010038.jpg

We landed about an hour earlier than scheduled and because of our seat location we were the second people of the plane!!!! :banana::banana:

Our speed at getting off the plane was really an advantage as we got through immigration so fast and they were even nice to us!!!!!! That had to be a first, US border control is usually quite grumpy but we decided that this must be because we normally get off the plane last so they're grumpy by the time they get to us. Our bags were off quickly but we had to wait for everyone else. So we waited and waited and waited a bit longer but we were finally there and off we went.

Ian's Mum was catching the magical express to Pop Century whilst we went downstairs to the Budget car rental desk with Claire and Daniel to collect our car as we were all staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. This took quite a while, I never understand why most people stand and the desk for 10 minutes while it took us 2????? We finally got our car and then played the, get all the bags in to the car game. Ian and I had our two big cases and our two small cabin size ones, Claire and Daniel had three bags. We had to put one of the seats down but we managed to do it in the end and we were off to Disnet World!!!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Petals & Pixie Dust
10-25-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm loving it!
Food in all airports are much more expensive than WDW or any place else for that matter!

Boardwalk_bride
10-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Claire: How long are you away for?
David: 3 weeks, we're really excited as we are getting married.
Claire: Oh, congratulations how exciting. Where is everyone else?
David: laughs, downstairs
Claire: laughs, I can't believe you've let the bride sit downstairs
Ian: No, i'm the Bride!!!!!

Claire turned red and was really embarased, we on the other hand found the whole thing very amusing. She apologised and we told her not to worry, we found the whole thing really funny and we chatted with her some more. We then heard her tellling the other crew member, Danny, what had happened.
About 5 minutes later Claire reappeared with some proper Champagne and some chocolates as a joint congratulations/apology.

:rotfl2: That's too funny.....I kinda feel bad for her! That is amazing you got champagne and chocolates out of it!! Maybe it makes up for not getting "jersey girl"

NikkiLovesWDW!
10-25-2009, 09:41 AM
You guys are too cute!! I LOVE all your pictures and details.

As a "Jersey Girl"...I've been trying to come up with a good joke or pun but everything I thought of sounds dirty!

NikkiLovesWDW!
12-26-2009, 08:04 PM
So someone just posted a picture of this new kiosk outside the Fish and Chips shop in the UK and I thought....Hm, I seem to remember reading a TR about some guys that MET around there?

WTH !? You stopped your TR and you haven't even gotten to WDW yet!

Petals & Pixie Dust
12-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Niki...I'm sitting here with ya on this one...We didn't even get to the Disney Part Yet!!! :sad1:
:bored:

daveyc150
01-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Okay, Okay, so I am the worst Diser and trip report writer in the whole world.

Between our "at home reception", Christmas and work it's been a busy few months, so I can only apologise for the lack of updates. However I am back and promise that I will make lots of updates and complete the trip report.

The first of which will follow but is pictureless. It had been a long day already and the last thing I wanted to do was take pictures.

Our drive was uneventful but it was a great feeling to be back in the USA driving down the highway, especially since we were heading to Disneyworld. A few toll booths and 30 minutes later we were pulling under the welcome sign and the resort was finally in sight.

We parked up and unloaded the huge amount of luggage that we had crammed into the car 30 minutes earler and went to check in. It didn't take long as there was virtually no queue at all. Our builidng was one of the closest ones and we were on the second floor overlooking the main pool. Claire and Daniel were in the same building but just a bit further round.

We arranged to meet up in about 15 mins after we had all had chance to use the bathroom and freshen up a little. Our plan was to head over to the Magic Kingdom, this night would be one of Claire and Daniel's only chances to see Spectromagic and whenever I go to Disneyworld it's always the first park that I visit!

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom at about 7:30 and Ian and I went to sign up for our annual passes (thanks Disney) and get a Tables in Winderland card and then we headed in. I love the feeling of walking under the train station and on to main street, I feel like I enter a whole new world and everything that went before is gone!

We didn't have too long in the park so we made a quick visit to the TTA and then went to Cosmic Ray's for the first chicken strip meal of the holiday. I was a little worried that the change in chicken strips to nuggets would be disappointing but they were just as good. Our stomach's filled we took in some more attractions and then found a great spot to watch the parade in Frontierland. As usual it was as magical as ever.

We were beaten by the end of it and headed back to the hotel deciding not to wait around for the fireworks. When we got back we picked up some drinks and snacks and went back tot the room leaving Claire and Daniel to go to theirs arranging to meet at about 7am.

Ian insisted on unpacking completely before we slept... :confused3

malibustacey
01-09-2010, 06:09 PM
YES! You are back!!

You cant beat the chicken strip meal... hopefully the nuggets were a one off!?

Petals & Pixie Dust
01-09-2010, 06:28 PM
YEAH! You're still here!:yay:

daveyc150
01-09-2010, 06:30 PM
YES! You are back!!

You cant beat the chicken strip meal... hopefully the nuggets were a one off!?

They completely changed the chicken strips for nuggets some time last year, as you can imagine there was quite some controvosy about it but to be honest they were just as good just smaller and you got more of them. Ian was pleased to have Ken's Honey Mustard again!!!! We have to bring some home from Wallmart every year.

torsie24
01-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Ooooh, how exciting!

Loving your report so far! How funny about the air hostess, she must of felt so embarrassed bless her. I can;t wait to read more!!!!!!!

malibustacey
01-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh we bring quite a few items home from Wallmart too!! I think I have only tried that Mustard once and I dont usually do mustard but that was GOOD!

Elsha
01-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Soooooo happy to read you're back to writing your TR! :yay: Was going through some serious withdrawl ;)

Definitely get the busy holiday thing...hope it was good busy. :goodvibes

daveyc150
01-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Oh we bring quite a few items home from Wallmart too!! I think I have only tried that Mustard once and I dont usually do mustard but that was GOOD!

We bring all sorts back too, I love the cookie mixes and always pick up cashews nuts as they are so expensive here.

Soooooo happy to read you're back to writing your TR! :yay: Was going through some serious withdrawl ;)

Definitely get the busy holiday thing...hope it was good busy. :goodvibes

Yeah it was good busy (well apart from work). I love Christmas it's my favourite time of the year.

daveyc150
01-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Day 3 - Sunday 13th September

After a good rest we woke up and Mickey was on the phone reminding us to get up for a Magical day. We were meeting Claire and Daniel to go for breakfast at 7am. Now this may sound deathly early but being the first day our heads were still a little confused and thinking that 7am was almost lunch time. We usually try and do nice breakfasts early in the holiday so that we can get up early and enjoy them, as the holiday progresses it is harder to get up.

So we met Claire and Daniel by the entrance to the pool and drove over the Polynesian Resort, where we were going to have a lovely breakfast at Kona Cafe. Our PS was for 7:30 and we arrived in plenty of time and even got lei's as we went in.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010041.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010042.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010047.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010048.jpg

Breakfast was really yummy, big Kahuna's mmmmm!

We decided to leave the car at the Poly as we would be using the relaxing in the resorts later, so we jumped on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010049.jpg

We arrived just as the park was opening and headed straight to Frontierland to ride Big Thunder Mountain and the Haunted Mansion, we also went into some shops as Ian and Claire just love to look at and buy Disney merchandise!

But then... who doesn't?

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010051.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010054.jpg

We had arranged to meet our Mum's and my Sister at 10am at the Hub so we wandered over to meet them. It was great to see my Mum and Sister as I hadn't seen them since the summer and they had flown out a few days earlier than everyone else to top up their tans first.

We decided to head in to Adventureland where we did Pirates, The Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise and Aladdin's flying carpets we also met up with Aladdin.

Me and my Mum
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010059.jpg

Claire, my Sister and my Ian's Mum
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010058.jpg

Ian's Mum and my Mum
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010057.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010055.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010056.jpg

It was appraoching lunch time and our plan was to head over to the Grand Floridian to take out speed boats before afternoon tea. It had rained a little in the morning and we were not sure whether they marina would be open for rentals but we decided to risk it. So we left our Mums and my Sister and we headed over with Claire and Daniel. Unfortunately it was closed :sad2:

So we had a wander over to the food court and grabbed some drinks. While we sat for a few mintues we noticed that they had re-opened :cheer2:

We only had time to go out for about 30 minutes now but we decide to go for it anyway. Claire had never been on them before so it was definately worth it. The water was really calm so we zipped around and over to Bay Lake where we got told off for leaving a tiny wake on the water bridge :rolleyes1

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010060.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010061.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010063.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010064.jpg

After 30 mins we headed back to the marina to meet everyone for Afternoon Tea.

To be continued...

malibustacey
01-11-2010, 04:26 AM
Ohhh I forgot about the rentals in the marina!!!

I went on them when I first went in 2000 - thats something I have to do when we go back! How much were the rentals?

Ripping up the lake eh!?

daveyc150
01-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Ohhh I forgot about the rentals in the marina!!!

I went on them when I first went in 2000 - thats something I have to do when we go back! How much were the rentals?

Ripping up the lake eh!?

Can't remember the exact price but I think it's in the region of $35 - $40, there is also a discount with annual pass.

I don't know what they were complaining about, we hardly left any wake at all. I think they were just bored and telling us off gave them something to do...

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Me and my Mum
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010059.jpg

You and your mom look so much alike!!!

Fun update! It looks like you guys were having a blast already! It's nice that your friends and family were with you. As always, LOVE the pictures! :thumbsup2

Boardwalk_bride
01-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Wooohoo! I'm glad your back to your TR!!!! I love your pics so far, you look like a fun group! And you totally gave me a fantastic idea for our first day there....speed boats! :banana:

daveyc150
01-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Day 3 - Sunday 13th September Continued

From the marina we headed over the lobby of the Grand Floridian where we met up with our Mum's and my sister. We were also meeting some friends who had travelled out for the wedding who had come with their family. In total there were 13 of us.

Of all the dining that we had booked afternoon tes was by far the most painful. Because of our group size we couldn't make a reservation through the normal process we had to call the location to be booked in. Now I called... and called... and callled and no one ever answered the phone, it was a nightmare. When I finally did speak to someone after insiting at the front desk that I spreak to someone, she took a few details and said she would check but she never got back in touch which I was very frustrated about.

I was a little nervous that they wouldn't have booked us in and the podium staff at the Garden View lounge can often be quite grumpy and abrupt. Luckily though everything was fine and we were shown to three tables next to each other. For most of us we had been here before and new what to expect, my firends on the other hand didn't so when they got their tea sandwiches it wasn't quite what the expected. Overall it was a pleasant afternoon and everyone enjoyed themseleves. I would certainly recommend this place, it's very civilised and great excuse to eat scones, cakes and trifle. :thumbsup2

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010065.jpg

This is Karen my best friend from work and her boyfriend Jon
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010066.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010067.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010068.jpg

Our lovely server
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010069.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010074.jpg

Following this everyone was going their own way, Claire and Daniel were meeting with other friends, Karen and Jon were heading to the Magic Kingdom and our mum's were going to go back to the hotel. We arranged to meet our Mum's at Hollywood Studios later and we went with Karen and her family into the Magic Kingdom.

It was Karen's first visit so she was really excited. I went grabbed some first visit buttons for them which she loved.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010075.jpg

We went on a few rides with them for an hour or so and then left them to enjoy the park on their own.

It was around 5ish now so we headed back to the poly to collect the car and we drove over to the Studios. We had a wander and went on a couple of things before we met our Mum's. I completely forget exactly what we did as I have no pictures from this evening at all. When we met up with our Mum's we went into American Idol for the last showing of the day and then went to see Fantasmic.

It's a bit disappointing that they have cut the number of showings for this, as we went in they were calling standing room only. We ignored this and proceeded to the frint and centre of the amphitheater, we always sit at the front and never have problems finding seats, this night was no different. The show was great as usual!

After this we were quite tired, it had been a long day so we dropped our Mum's back at Pop Century and headed back to Port Orleans where we grabbed some food and went to bed!!!!

I was really pleased with how it was working out with the whole group. No one felt pressured to stick together and everyone was doing their own thing which I had been really worried about, I did not want to try and organise a group for a whole week. The planned activities were working out great so far!

Boardwalk_bride
01-13-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm glad to hear your group activities turned out well...definitely something I am fearing!

I really want to do afternoon tea, but DF doesn't really want to. Maybe I will show him your pics so he sees that guys can have fun there too:goodvibes

I totally agree with you on the fantasmic thing...I was worried about going but I guess I will just follow your advice!

Can't wait for more!

daveyc150
01-13-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm glad to hear your group activities turned out well...definitely something I am fearing!

I really want to do afternoon tea, but DF doesn't really want to. Maybe I will show him your pics so he sees that guys can have fun there too:goodvibes

I totally agree with you on the fantasmic thing...I was worried about going but I guess I will just follow your advice!

Can't wait for more!

They really did work out well, I was really worried that people would want to try and stay together the whole time and then we would end up trying to manage 10 - 15 people around a theme park, it would have been horrible and i'm sure would have been stressful and caused upset. Everyone was really relaxed and just took things as they happened, as we had come so far it was everyones holidays so i'm sure they didn't want to be with us the whole time anyway. Sure yours will be fine too.

daveyc150
02-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Day 4 - Monday 14th September

Monday started bright and early, well for some of us at least. My sister was supposed to join us this morning but after a late night at the House of Blues she didn't manage to get out of bed. Undetered, Ian and I met our Mum's at Animal Kingdom for breakfast with Donald and pals at Tusker house.

We had reservations for 8:10, but I hadn't realised when I booked that it was morning extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom so the park was really busy. It soon dispersed though after Mickey and the gang welcomed everyone in for an adventure. There was bit of line to get in for breakfast but it wasn't too bad.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010077.jpg

We were taken through and seated quite promtly and grabbed some breakfast. There was loads to choose from and the food was great and our sever was excellent too. The characters then started coming round to our table.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010079.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010081.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010084.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010085.jpg

The lady who booked all our reservations had put on them all that we were celebrating our wedding so our server brought a card over for us and a cake. This was really sweet and the card was signed by all the characters, we made our server sign it too.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010082.jpg

After we had suffciently stuffed ourseleves for the day we headed out into the park. We did all the big things, Kilamangaro Safari's, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur and Finding Nemo.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010089.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010086.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010092.jpg

Ian also found some sun glasses that he liked, but did not purchase... yet!!!!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010093.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010094.jpg

We decided that we were going to head out and hit the mall this afternoon. With so many things planned we wanted to make sure we found time to do this. We went first to Florida Mall and then to the Mall at Millenia. It was good to take a bit of a break from the parks and also to spend some time with our mum's, I don't recall that we bought much but Ian did find a costume that he liked while we were in Target..

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010097.jpg

For dinner we decided to go to Cheescake Factory. This is one of most favourite restaurants EVER! My sister had also joined us now since she had managed to get herslf out of bed. We were all hungry as we didn't eat much since breakfast, well except the Subway that we had at Florida Mall :rolleyes1

Dinner was yummy as usual and we have Cheesecake of course.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010100.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010101.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010098.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010105.jpg

After dinner we had arranged to meet Claire and Daniel at Fantasia Gardens for some crazy golf. Our Mum's bailed as they were really tired but Helen came along too.

I can't remember who won but I do remember that serveral balls were lost in the process and everyone had a good time.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010107.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010106.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010110.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/bridalshowersign/WDW%202009/P1010111.jpg