PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo for half the price!!!!! SWA SALE!

mousy_in_canada
10-21-2008, 05:30 AM
http://www.southwest.com/images/hotfares/buffalo_message.gif

Terms and Conditions:

50% discount valid for use at southwest.com or SWABIZ.com off the total amount of any purchase before taxes and fees.
Purchase must be made between October 21, 2008 and October 23, 2008 for travel October 28, 2008 through February 12, 2009.
Blackout dates apply November 20, 2008 through December 2, 2008 and December 18, 2008 through January 4, 2009. If any portion of travel falls on a blackout date the discount will not apply.
Discount is only valid to/from Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF) .
The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool “DING!”.
This promotion does not include Business Select, Anytime, or Senior Fares.
Discount does not include taxes and fees.
One-way or roundtrip purchase allowed.
Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualifications for this promotion.
Youth, Child, Infant, Military, and Federal Government Fares are not available for purchase at southwest.com or SWABIZ.com .
Reservations made through southwestvacations.com are not eligible for this promotion.

This dropped my friends flight and she is going to be happy that it has dropped over $600 since we first booked!

Lavendar
10-21-2008, 06:48 AM
The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool “DING!”.

Ok...so i have Buffalo listed for my Ding. I haven't seen it yet. I have 2 questions. If I don't see the ding how do i use this code? AND If i already have a flight booked how do i 'un-book' (get credit) ?

DutchsMommy
10-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Seems like a GOOD deal! I checked our flights Jan 21 to Feb 3rd and the total for the 3 of us was $450. We are already booked on Air Tran for $495 so not worth switching for us but a really good deal.

mousy_in_canada
10-21-2008, 08:52 AM

Ok...so i have Buffalo listed for my Ding. I haven't seen it yet. I have 2 questions. If I don't see the ding how do i use this code? AND If i already have a flight booked how do i 'un-book' (get credit) ?

go to
http://www.southwest.com/hotfares/buffalo.html

and put in your dates it does work but you have to cancel and rebook you can't adjust online. Hope this helps.

Polynesianfan
10-21-2008, 09:17 AM
This is huge ! Thanks for sharing.

FayeW
10-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Wow! That's astonishing! I priced out our upcoming trip and it was $438 for all 4 of us!

mickeywho?
10-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Thank you so much for posting this! I've been checking flights for a while and nobody has been below $1100 for the 4 of us to go in January. We had resigned to driving - thinking that would cost us around $600 with hotels, food etc. Now we're flying direct for $650! Best price I have seen in months!

mousy_in_canada
10-21-2008, 10:02 AM
It was about $860 for the 6 of us, but we are still driving, I think with a car rental and hotel the night before it is still cheaper to drive so we are sticking with that, but I am glad others can use it!!! plus I already bought a cargo bag for the roof and games for the kids and dvd's so it will be a fun adventure for them.

Mousy

encinc
10-21-2008, 10:22 AM
go to
http://www.southwest.com/hotfares/buffalo.html

and put in your dates it does work but you have to cancel and rebook you can't adjust online. Hope this helps.

How do you cancel a flight? Do you have to call?

mousy_in_canada
10-21-2008, 10:26 AM
No, I have 2 screen us one is to cancel it (in travel tools page link) and the other is the booking, I have the entire booking screen filled out before I cancel and then I cancel and hit apply ticketless funds and then apply and hit submit, I am without a ressie for about 10 seconds when I do it this way so I know I won't lose my flight!

encinc
10-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Thank you! Just got ourselves $258 in ticketless travel funds! Now I wish we'd booked both ways on Southwest (we went with JetBlue on the way down).

mickeywho?
10-21-2008, 10:38 AM
It was about $860 for the 6 of us, but we are still driving, I think with a car rental and hotel the night before it is still cheaper to drive so we are sticking with that, but I am glad others can use it!!! plus I already bought a cargo bag for the roof and games for the kids and dvd's so it will be a fun adventure for them.

Mousy

For this trip we don't need a car. We're traveling with friends going for the first time - and they want to stay within Disney property for the full week. Our car would have sat in the parking lot all week unused.
We are still thinking of going Christmas week - if we go we'll definitely drive. We need our car for bringing presents and christmas decorations and will have lots of shopping to bring home. We'd definitely use the car around Orlando for that trip.

mickeywho?
10-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Thank you! Just got ourselves $258 in ticketless travel funds! Now I wish we'd booked both ways on Southwest (we went with JetBlue on the way down).

You applied those funds towards your new tickets right?

poohbear7
10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Yes that's correct.

Canadian Girl 77
10-21-2008, 11:18 AM
WOO HOO! Got a $350 credit at SW now!

What I did was do everything but pay for the new flight. Then I called SW and they cancelled my previous reservation and put my funds in an account and gave me the access number to it. Took a minute or two. SO easy! And the number is a 1-800 number!

encinc
10-21-2008, 11:24 AM
You applied those funds towards your new tickets right?

Absolutely! That's $258 over and above the $300 it cost for our new flight (there are 4 of us traveling).

Now I'm scheming a quick weekend trip down with one of the kids to use up the balance of the funds. Doubt DH will go for the idea, but I think it would be great fun!

mickeywho?
10-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Absolutely! That's $258 over and above the $300 it cost for our new flight (there are 4 of us traveling).

Now I'm scheming a quick weekend trip down with one of the kids to use up the balance of the funds. Doubt DH will go for the idea, but I think it would be great fun!

We did the same last year. Had already booked our February flight - changed it when a DING came out - then used the credits for an extra long weekend in March. Although DH was easy to convince since I took him! Left the kids behind for that 2nd trip - they weren't too impressed - but dealt with it pretty well since we had just had our family trip the month before.

iluveeyore
10-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Yaaaaay!:worship: THank you! Just checked for cheaper flights this morning and didn't see anything. Reading the DIS as usual and saw your post - sweeeet! Had flights booked for me and my Dsis for Nov. 2-7 for $220 ea. round trip - now have same exact flights for $120 ea. roundtrip and $202 travel funds left from all my changes so far for next year. :banana: Love the DIS!

boundfordisney
10-21-2008, 05:43 PM
wow got a credit for 735.00 so looks like we will be going again next year plus got a pin for 40%off rooms really saved big time! just hope the canadian dollar doesnt take to much of a dive, will be checking the exchange rate a little more closely and buying us as much as possible when the rate is good. our upcoming trip December 6 is getting closer and closer , now i need to plan for the 2009 trip just trying to deceide which resort the poly or the yacht club any one care to cast a vote? I just cant make my mind up!:confused3

CJ
10-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks so much OP!! My $72 flight in December just got halved!! :worship:

Unfortunately we come back from Orlando to Buffalo during the blackout period, so the $153 didn't change, but I will hold out hope! :thumbsup2

You rock, OP!! :hug:

riu girl
10-21-2008, 07:20 PM
WOW!!!!! Talk about inexpensive. I had to add on two extra nights in Orlando but now have over $900 in SWA credit. Now to figure out where to stay for those 2 extra nights.:goodvibes

angelkk
10-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Can somebody help please? :)

DH has bought tickets from southwest two months ago for our Jan trip. Now the price is half! I've heard that we can get a refund on account and rebook our flights? Please kindly advise on the steps to take this huge saver! Thanks! :love: :love: :love:

BitsnBearsMom
10-21-2008, 07:53 PM
WOOOO HOOO I'm going to Disney now Dec 13 to 16 - just a short quickie trip but i've always wanted to go and see all the Christmas!!

Thanks Southwest and thanks to the amazing cast member that managed to play around with dates to find me POR for our dates!!

But shhhhhhhhh it's a secret..... not sure how I'm going to keep it as I'm busting to tell everyone!!:santa: :cool1: :dance3: :yay:

sammi
10-21-2008, 08:13 PM
WOW I just rebooked for the 4 of us (we leave in 16 days) and we now have a big fat credit of $494.00!!!!!!:yay: :cheer2: :dance3: I knew eventually Southwest would have to lower fares as the oil prices have gone down and so has the US vacationers. I guess we have to head back down in the new year!:thumbsup2 :worship:

sammi
10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
angelkk I called the SW # and they cancelled the reservation for me then I went in and rebooked using the code and then when it takes you to the paying page there is a column "Apply ticketless travel" and you type in your old ressie # and then it will adjust your account with a credit!:thumbsup2

angelkk
10-21-2008, 09:42 PM
BIG THANKS to sammi and the original poster :love: :love: :love:

We called SW# to cancel the flight, and rebooked! Now our family of 5 saved $645 USD :goodvibes :goodvibes :

The SW customer representative told us that we can only use the remaining funds after we completed the travel, but it is good until 1-year after we originally paid (July). So that's no bad :-)

A question - for those who had traveled with infant. Tonight the SW representative told me that since I am traveling with an infant I may not be able to do web check-in (i.e. boarding sequence)? Can anyone verify this? Prior to my booking in July, I called and they told me that traveling with infant will NOT affect web check-in.

angelkk I called the SW # and they cancelled the reservation for me then I went in and rebooked using the code and then when it takes you to the paying page there is a column "Apply ticketless travel" and you type in your old ressie # and then it will adjust your account with a credit!:thumbsup2

My 2 princesses
10-21-2008, 10:19 PM
BIG THANKS to sammi and the original poster :love: :love: :love:

We called SW# to cancel the flight, and rebooked! Now our family of 5 saved $645 USD :goodvibes :goodvibes :

The SW customer representative told us that we can only use the remaining funds after we completed the travel, but it is good until 1-year after we originally paid (July). So that's no bad :-)

A question - for those who had traveled with infant. Tonight the SW representative told me that since I am traveling with an infant I may not be able to do web check-in (i.e. boarding sequence)? Can anyone verify this? Prior to my booking in July, I called and they told me that traveling with infant will NOT affect web check-in.

This is what I did in Sept, and it seemed to work. I did the 24 hour check in for all of us, so we had running numbers and then when I went to the airport, I showed them ID for the baby and then the did their thing and printed off new boarding passes for me which now included the baby. So, basically, it was the same number, but it just included the baby.

HTH.

sammi
10-22-2008, 07:39 AM
angelkk you are very welcome!:thumbsup2 Any day you can get a deal is a great day! lol:rotfl2: Looks like a lot of us will be making a second trip down!!Hope your vacation is magical!:hug: :dance3:

Romandel
10-22-2008, 08:46 AM
This is great, not sure if I will be able to take advantage of it but more importantly, how did you find out about this sale? I have DING and if I had not been checking here I would not known about it--is there a list I need to subscribe to?

mousy_in_canada
10-22-2008, 08:53 AM
This is great, not sure if I will be able to take advantage of it but more importantly, how did you find out about this sale? I have DING and if I had not been checking here I would not known about it--is there a list I need to subscribe to?

It was listed in the email i get from them each Tuesday, it is their sale newsleter.

Hope that helps

mousy

Polynesianfan
10-22-2008, 09:57 AM
JUST BOOKED !! Thanks for the heads up on this great deal :thumbsup2

Lollipop's Mom
10-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Wow thanks for posting - I could have routed my flight through BUF from SEA and come out ahead, but.....im flying in on Jan 3rd and it is a blackout date. That sucks!
I sure hope lots of you got the deal though!

disworldfan
11-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Could you tell me where i can get cheap tickets to Florida. There are 5 of us. This would be for March break 2009. My husband wants to drive down from Toronto but i would love to fly down for a change! Not easy driving with 3 kids!
thanks!

webworm
11-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Could you tell me where i can get cheap tickets to Florida. There are 5 of us. This would be for March break 2009. My husband wants to drive down from Toronto but i would love to fly down for a change! Not easy driving with 3 kids!
thanks!

I just found fares for $72.00 from Rochester during March break which I just posted a thread about today. It is leaving Sunday and returning Monday for $165.00.

angela1044
11-08-2008, 02:50 PM
We got the deal for our trip down which was awesome.