PDA

View Full Version : Transport to Queen Mary

mystic_path
10-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey I dunno if this is where I should be posting this, but I really wanna visit the Queen Mary ship. I have a trip planned to Southern Cali to go to Disneyland so my hotel is gonna be in Anaheim, but I wanted to spend one day down in Long Beach.

Is there a shuttle that can take me from my hotel to Long Beach and from Long beach back? Like does Prime Time Shuttle do this? Or would it be best to just rent a car for a day?

c&m
10-21-2008, 03:12 PM
It's easier if you rent the car. We drove during off-hours in the summer and arrived at Long Beach from Anaheim in 20-25 min. It really didn't take us long. If you're in Long Beach visiting the Queen Mary, there's also the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific. There's also a boardwalk with restaurants -- a good place to have lunch and people watch.

I don't think you could really spend 1 full day in Long Beach (unless you have more on your day's agenda). We did the touristy thing in Long Beach from 9am-3pm...then we were done.

mystic_path
10-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Oooh thank you! Good to know. Yeah I think we agreed on renting a car. Its been a topic of discussion the past few days. It just seems easier. We will be in Anaheim, driving to Long beach for the day to see the Queen Mary. Perhaps we can even take in the Aquarium. Thanks so much!

cheshiregirl
10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
We are doing the exact same thing on our Dec. trip. We will be spending one day over in Long Beach to visit the Queen Mary and the Aquarium. If you go to either one of their websites, you can actually buy a combo ticket that is good for both attractions and saves you about $11 per person off the price of separate admission tickets.

mermaidinoz
11-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Is the Queen Mary and Aquarium worth seeing? Is half a day enough or would we need longer?

c&m
11-16-2008, 12:51 AM
The aquarium is really nice and offers a lot of interactive displays, where you can touch many of the sea animals, and there are shows. If you stop and watch the shows and touch the sea animals, you would go through the aquarium quite slowly. We only stopped at the interactive displays and got through the aquarium in about 2.5-3 hours.

It also depends on who you're travelling with. Our school-aged children went through the exhibits a bit more slowly because they were reading the plaques and asking questions. The aquarium program also was kind of like a passport where you can collect a stamp in different areas. Our kids of course wanted to stop at every stamp station to collect their stamp, so that took some time.