PDA

View Full Version : Local recycling efforts...........

WDWfan,uk
05-03-2002, 04:54 AM
...... I'm really pleased that we have just been issued with large plastic boxes for kerbside paper collection. I won't have to take bags of papers to the collection points any longer!
Not only that, our local Tesco has a plastic bag recycling collection at long last! ( I know in other areas they've been in existence, but not here).

What do you have locally for recycling? Do you have any kerbside collections?

vernon
05-03-2002, 05:19 AM
My area does, but I've asked twice for a waste paper bin and still waiting for it to arrive :(

I did read that London is one of the worst cities in Britain for recycling stuff. Given the difficulties I've faced when I'm actualy keen on trying to do my bit, I'm not suprised of that record :(

Goofyish
05-03-2002, 07:12 AM
We get special blue bags delivered for paper recycliing - trouble is we always forget to put them out for collection because it's a different day to the normal rubbish. So we end up putting the paper into the normal black rubbish bags :rolleyes:

floridamum
05-03-2002, 10:18 AM
We have to take ours to the containers at the local tip, so we save things in the old shed and take them once a month.

Janice
05-03-2002, 12:28 PM
We have Green Plastic Bags issued during the Summer months for Garden Waste - this is collected once a fortnight. We have Paper collected too on alternate weeks.

Bottles and Jars I rinse and take over to the local Bottle Bank, and also there is a Shoe Collection point and a Clothes Collection Point. Aluminium Cans Point and Plastic Bags Points too. Furniture and Household stuff is collected by the Council for those in need.

We also have:

Barnardo's , Oxfam , British Heart Foundation , Marie Curie , Salvation Army , Little Havens Hospice , and one other that I can't think of - Second Hand Shops on Canvey - all recycling!

As you can see - they are big on Recycling here in Castle Point!

Oh - and they sell Compost Makers at half price to put in your garden if you want one :D :D :D

Astrid
05-04-2002, 02:47 PM
Well, down here on the South Coast we get clear plastic bags delivered twice a year along with our normal black bags by the New Forest District Council.

Plastic bottles, paper and other recyclable (not glass bottles) stuff gets put in those and they get collected the same time as the normal rubbish - a pretty good and easy system! :)

Astrid