PDA

View Full Version : today was very sad at my school

KitKat_Tink
10-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Today one of the freshman girls committed suicide. Everyone was crying. Do any of you think you could keep her family in your thoughts? I didn't know the girl but she lived down the street from me and i heard the police cars last night and just though nothing of it but well it turned out to be more...So yes if you can pleasee pray or think of her family.

JulielovesDisney
10-17-2008, 03:34 PM
That's so sad!
Her family will definitely be in my prayers.

PosessedEeyore
10-17-2008, 03:35 PM
:(
im so sorry to hear that

Tinkerbell424
10-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Omg...I am so sorry to hear that! =/
I will definitely keep her family in my prayers.

princesskelz
10-17-2008, 03:37 PM
i know what it feels like.
my cousin commited suicide 3 years ago.
praying for the family and friends

ginnygirl102
10-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Omg I'm really sorry. I will keep them in my prayers.:hug: :hug: :hug:

diva122094
i am so sorry.
her family will deffinatly be in my prayers.
:hug:

goofyandplutoluver
I'll keep her family and friends in my prayers.

KitKat_Tink
Its just horrible...
A girl in my spanish class was her best friend and she was a nervous wreck...the principal eventually came and took her into the office where i imagine they have the counselor talk to all the kids severely effected. My whole school was in a depressed mood. Sadly this isn't the first time this happened...Last year we have 3 kids. And the year before 3 also, one my brothers best friend. I just wish they could do something to help these kids...Its soooo upsetting

Babyjustrun
10-17-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm sorry =(
We've lost quite a few kids last year, but none to suicide. Suicide is almost tougher because it's almost always wondering if someone could have prevented it. Of course the answer is almost always no, but it still happens.

Usually though when it happens here, school is kind of put on hold and grief counsellors are in classes for a few days and teachers from other schools come in on the day of the funeral to help drive kids to the church. It's great to see everyone pull together.
It's never happened at my school though.

I'm sorry, they're in my thoughts.

KitKat_Tink
10-17-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm sorry =(
We've lost quite a few kids last year, but none to suicide. Suicide is almost tougher because it's almost always wondering if someone could have prevented it. Of course the answer is almost always no, but it still happens.

Usually though when it happens here, school is kind of put on hold and grief counsellors are in classes for a few days and teachers from other schools come in on the day of the funeral to help drive kids to the church. It's great to see everyone pull together.
It's never happened at my school though.

I'm sorry, they're in my thoughts.
I wish my school was like that...Its more a we're sorry now heres a 200 point test for you to fail...

They really need to do more.

Tinkerbell94
10-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh my gosh!:eek: that is soooooooo sad!:sad2: I'll keep her family and freinds in my prayers!:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sparx
10-17-2008, 03:52 PM
i've seen a couple students die for different reasons. Katy was in a car wreck. she was speeding, but a drunk driver hit her. Holly had a heart attack. Spencer hanged himself practicing audio erotic asphyxiation. (dont ask me what that is.)

my heart broke when holly died. she was my best friends sister. katy and spencer illustrated my mortality to me.

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends and your school.

inlalaland
10-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Oh how horrible. :sad2:
I'll definitely be keeping her family and friends in my prayers. :hug:

Em&Em
10-17-2008, 04:48 PM
That is awful. Of course I will keep her family and friends in my prayers.

KitKat_Tink
10-17-2008, 05:13 PM
turns out i did kinda know the girl...her name i didn't know but her face i did. She rode my bus last year and still did i'm sure...

disneychick2721
10-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Jeez.
Definitely in my prayers.

pigletgirl
10-17-2008, 05:31 PM
That is so sad. :(

But, we had a girl commit suicide back when I was a junior in high school and we had counselors come talk to classes because the girl was so popular, and I guess these people do it quickly, meaning they think about it and do it.

Prayers to her family.

K-Shong99
10-17-2008, 07:02 PM
her and her family and friends will be in my prayers.
i am so sorry.

imabrat
10-17-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm so sorry. Everyone involved will be in my prayers.
Years ago, we had a string of suicides in our district. It was like 5 before the New Year. We had grief counselors over a lot.

Lately, it's car accidents that have taken our Seniors/To Be Seniors. Since Summer 06, at least four of our students have been killed by a car accident. Terrible indeed.

AmandaSparks730
10-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Oh gosh :(

In my thoughts :hug:

As far as I know, no recent deaths at my school...we're usually pretty good. High percentage of smokers, though...

Cassidy
10-17-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm so sorry!
I'll pray for her.
Do you have any idea why she did it?

dancergirl9589
10-18-2008, 11:21 AM
omg i know excatly how it feels my best friend and and i mean best friend we were like sisters we went to disneyworld together commited suicide 5 months ago. i was sooo upset

NeverLand<3
10-18-2008, 11:44 AM
im sorry! i will definitley pray for them

disneychick2721
10-18-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm so sorry. Everyone involved will be in my prayers.
Years ago, we had a string of suicides in our district. It was like 5 before the New Year. We had grief counselors over a lot.

Lately, it's car accidents that have taken our Seniors/To Be Seniors. Since Summer 06, at least four of our students have been killed by a car accident. Terrible indeed.

There have been about three car accidents killing teenagers in my district this summer and one during the end of school.
I think one was a soon to be freshman and two sophomores.

minniemouse440044
10-18-2008, 02:02 PM
oh dear

:[

Axel
10-18-2008, 09:57 PM
I'll light a candle for her family and friends.

Suicide is hard.

Knowing that somebody would miss me is what kept me from it. What keeps me from it.

Firsthand, I know that what you get low enough to start thinking about it, it's hard to pull yourself out. It's just so easy to be pulled further into that state.

Friends are the strongest power in the world when it comes down to situations like this. I just wish more people knew that.

Babyjustrun
10-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Sadly enough, we just lost someone this weekend. I did not know him, but I mean just the other day I was looking at pictures on Facebook, and there was a bunch of pictures with him with these girls I know.
Hard to believe, the pictures are all that's left of him now.

I don't know what happened, I'm going to assume drunk driving as there was two big parties this weekend. Something to do with alcohol anyways.
Grief counselors are at the school today, I don't konw what will be going on tomorrow.

Gisele
10-26-2008, 01:21 AM
I sure am sorry to hear about the loss of this young woman. I will keep her and her family in my thoughts and hopes. There are crisis hot lines in one's community, and elsewhere as well. All that it takes is one phone call, and it can make a difference between night and day. Before a situation may go that route, there is nothing wrong either,with speaking with a school counselor, or a much trusted teacher, not to mention ones parents or guardians to begin with. Once the decision to end ones life is made, that is it. There is no turning back. Not to mention, that one can end up being in worse shape,if the attempt fails. It is not a good story to tell. What is good is when a person can talk to someone, that really can assist in dealing with ones inner demons. When I was as young as 12, I began to have these types of thoughts, and over the years as well. As one can see, I am still here. Dealing with the business of life, or at least, still attempting to do so. I continue to decide not to take the easy route. It would be too easy for my critics, to say oh, see I can understand her doing that (for various reasons of imperfections and frustrations) so I will not allow those people to win, when it comes to their negative thoughts and behavior otherwise toward me.

chevyxxroks
10-26-2008, 07:45 AM
i am so sorry =(

i<3castawaycay123
10-26-2008, 09:51 AM
thats horrible
im so sorry i will keep ur school, her family, and her friends in my prayers.

BandGeek911
10-26-2008, 10:37 AM
:hug: :hug: