PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney Imagineering

ears4all!
10-15-2008, 04:51 PM
WDI is the master planners and designers of the Disney theme parks worldwide. I know that some DISers want to be Imagineers, as do I. So here is where we can talk about it! Enjoy!

:smickey:

Q: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Tinkerbell94
10-15-2008, 06:39 PM
WDI is the master planners and designers of the Disney theme parks worldwide. I know that some DISers want to be Imagineers, as do I. So here is where we can talk about it! Enjoy!

Haha! thats funny:rotfl: ! I think being an WDI:wizard: would be cool:cool1: , now is it what I want to do with my life:rolleyes: ... well...as of now...no. But I do think it would be cool and I have a great imagination:idea: and also love Disney and rides. ... So yeah.:goodvibes

Angelbabee1
10-15-2008, 06:41 PM
That would be soo much fun, and it would really be interesting to see what goes on and how they come up with what they come up with

PosessedEeyore
10-15-2008, 06:42 PM
sophie would love to be an imagineer. :)

too bad im too dumb. ;)

so instead...

id like to be an animator, cause im good at drawing and love it. :D

Tinkerbell94
10-15-2008, 06:44 PM
sophie would love to be an imagineer. :)

too bad im too dumb. ;)

so instead...

id like to be an animator, cause im good at drawing and love it. :D

haha thats not true!:goodvibes

PosessedEeyore
10-15-2008, 06:46 PM
haha thats not true!:goodvibes

you wouldnt even know. :rolleyes:

but now were off topic. so rarw.

Tinkerbell94
10-15-2008, 06:48 PM
you wouldnt even know. :rolleyes:

but now were off topic. so rarw.

lol:goodvibes

Ppufi
10-15-2008, 06:57 PM
I definately want to be an Imagineer. :D

ears4all!
10-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Have you all ever read any of the Imagineering books? There are several that they have written.

Tinkerbell94
10-15-2008, 07:39 PM
no I haven't, what are they called?:confused3

ThePurpleMorphy
10-15-2008, 07:43 PM

LOL!!

I would love to be an imagineer too. I love to think of new ideas, and I'm good with science and math. -not to mention my state-of-the-art pillow forts :rolleyes: -

Animation or being an artist would be cool, but i can't draw that well xD.

I also want to do an internship at Disney. Either Junior Imagianeering or as a general cast member. -I hope I can get a degree in engineering from Georgia Tech :goodvibes -

ears4all!
10-15-2008, 07:44 PM
There is one called "Walt Disney Imagineer: A Behind-the-Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real." I like it, it is very descriptive.

There is also a series that they have recently come out with titled "The Imagineering Field Guide to the _______" So far, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom. Disneyland is coming out on November 4. Hollywood Studios is coming out next April next year.

ears4all!
10-15-2008, 07:46 PM
There is the Disney College Program- http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/index.html

They have classes there, and you can work, as paid internship. It looks really neat!

PosessedEeyore
10-15-2008, 07:46 PM
There is one called "Walt Disney Imagineer: A Behind-the-Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real." I like it, it is very descriptive.

There is also a series that they have recently come out with titled "The Imagineering Field Guide to the _______" So far, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom. Disneyland is coming out on November 4. Hollywood Studios is coming out next April next year.

MY DAD HAS THOSE!!!! :eek:

ya, i dont know why, but im goona go look at the MK one now. :D

ears4all!
10-15-2008, 07:49 PM
I only have the Magic Kingdom one. I want the Epcot, AK, and DL for Christmas.

ThePurpleMorphy
10-15-2008, 07:49 PM

Yeah, those are really cool. And cute. They're so tiny!! lol

There is the Disney College Program- http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/index.html

They have classes there, and you can work, as paid internship. It looks really neat!

Cool! I'll give it a look right.... now. :p

ears4all!
10-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Did you know that WDI was originally known as WED Enterprises? It stands for Walt Elias Disney.

PosessedEeyore
10-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Did you know that WDI was originally known as WED Enterprises? It stands for Walt Elias Disney.

now i do. :goodvibes

these books are interesting. i think i read the AK one when my dad first got it though...

ears4all!
10-15-2008, 08:03 PM
WDI looks so neat!

Darkwing Duck
10-15-2008, 10:04 PM
I always wanted to be an Imagineer. I'd put in a Tarzan tree surfing coaster and a Hades from Disney's Hercules water ride.

ears4all!
10-16-2008, 10:42 AM
I have thought of a Ariel themed ride. Put it in "Pooh's Playful Spot" Have it be the same type of ride as Primeval Whirl.

ThePurpleMorphy
10-20-2008, 04:39 PM
I have thought of a Ariel themed ride. Put it in "Pooh's Playful Spot" Have it be the same type of ride as Primeval Whirl.

It was gonna happen but was canceled. If you have the Little Mermaid DVD there is a virtual ride through of it ::yes:: .

I'd want to give Treasure Planet some kind of park recognition. Part of my plot to get a sequal xD.

Btw I know I'm bumping a kinda old thread, but it's been a while since I've been on :p.

AliceinHalloweentown
10-20-2008, 04:41 PM
It was gonna happen but was canceled. If you have the Little Mermaid DVD there is a virtual ride through of it ::yes:: .

I'd want to give Treasure Planet some kind of park recognition. Part of my plot to get a sequal xD.

Btw I know I'm bumping a kinda old thread, but it's been a while since I've been on :p.

Actually it's going to be put in at Disney's California Adventure. (Little Mermaid, that is) It's going to be a beautiful dark ride and I've heard something about animatronic hair??

Hi I'm Alice- Imagineering freak. I want to go on that Adventures By Disney tour of Disneyland/Hollywood/Jim Henson Studios/Imagineering so bad. Last year I did lunch with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby in DHS- and WOW! I loved talking to someone with a job I so covet.

NeverLand<3
10-20-2008, 06:41 PM
[/B]

Haha! thats funny:rotfl: ! I think being an WDI:wizard: would be cool:cool1: , now is it what I want to do with my life:rolleyes: ... well...as of now...no. But I do think it would be cool and I have a great imagination:idea: and also love Disney and rides. ... So yeah.:goodvibes

i would too! when i get to college im gonna go into their college program if they have one that year and im gonna work there. i can't wait!:cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2:

MrsSparrow..
10-21-2008, 11:09 AM

I have these books :) I love them.

I've written letters and e-mails to countless people anything related in WDI but I get very limted responses and unfortunately not very helpful. Just details about the international programme which I already know tonnes about.

Hello fellow Imagineer admirers :)