PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With the Banners?

PlutoLuvr
10-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Has this become a McCain/Caribou Barbie website? The banners on all the boards are nearly always photos of the beauty queen.

What's up with that?

Metro West
10-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Has this become a McCain/Caribou Barbie website? The banners on all the boards are nearly always photos of the beauty queen.

What's up with that?LOL...I hadn't noticed. :rotfl:

d4est
10-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Don't see them, thankfully. I see a Disney ad. On the Uni board. & my default is Universal Orlando.

keishashadow
10-14-2008, 07:34 PM
guess the campaign bought an ad;)

btw, http://www.smileyvillage.com/smilies/banana048.gif vote early, vote often:rolleyes:

going to be interesting to watch it all play out...will the chads still be a-hanging in FLA?

DeblovesPoohbear
10-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Caribou Barbie :lmao: :rotfl2:

lachica
10-15-2008, 10:36 AM
What's up with that?

I'm also not seeing any political banners up. You might want to clear your cookies and temp. internet files. See if that clears them up...

girli565
10-15-2008, 02:44 PM
All I see ads for are HHN Creatures house.

PlutoLuvr
10-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Well, I cleared my cookies and temp files, and I'm still seeing "A Proven Maverick" banner with a Glamour Shots photo of Palin.

Anyway, sorry. DH works in advertising, and he thinks it's related to our IP location (Florida, a "swing" state) and Google ads which have infiltrated everywhere.

Any other swing state DISers seeing these ads?

And I think we've fixed the chad issue ;)

tarheelmjfan
10-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Any other swing state DISers seeing these ads?

Yep! I blocked signatures to get rid of the political banners & now I get to see them at the top & bottom of the threads. :sad2: My DIS experience will be so much nicer when the election is over.