PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbooking Group ~~ Punch Swaps???

Janice
05-02-2002, 09:22 AM
Hi guys - I just read on the US Scrapbooking Forum about a Punchie Swap.

What does it entail - could we do one here in the UK? Is there enough of us?

Bev, Fiona - do you know about these :)

I think I also read about a Paper Piecing Swap some time ago.

This sounds really interesting and a great idea - any comments???

BevS97
05-02-2002, 11:08 AM
a punchie swap is when you punch a lot of pieces out using your punch (usually 10 per person) and then send them to a central person who distributes them, so you get back so many bags of 10 punchies - so you might get back 10 leaves, 10 mickey heads, 10 hearts etc.

I wouldn't mind participating but I don't have any interesting punches - I don't think anyone wants 10 small squares!

A paper piecing swap is when you all make x number of a character or something and then they are swapped- I've done an ABC one recently where I made 26 H's and 26 Disney hat's - never again! 26 is too many! But hopefully soon, I will get back a complete set of A-Z and associated characters to use in my disney album.

I wouldn't mind organising a swap after I get back from Florida. I might even have some new punches by then!

Bev

KayleeUK
05-02-2002, 04:14 PM
I have a flower and swirl punch, I would be interested :D

kaylee

radamson
05-02-2002, 05:11 PM
Hi all

I don't mind helping out here - I have quite a few punches (about 40!!)

The most interesting ones I have are silhouettes (Mickey Mouse body and Gingerbread man - both bought from Artbase and are on their website if you want to view them)

I also have punches for making shapes of icecreams, bats, flowers, leaves, swirls, waterdrops, splashes etc...

Next week I go to Florida and so I hope to come back with some punchkins. (The punches designed to punch out your paper dolls and their clothes)

If anyone wants a full list of what I have give me a shout.

Becky

NatalieD
05-03-2002, 02:38 AM
I'd be interested in a punchie swap - I have 6 punches in all as I've been
trying to buy 1 a week when I go to Artbase or order from Scraptastic.
I got a nice daisy one yesterday so I'll do daisies if you like! (not very Disneyfied!)

Nick The Cat
05-03-2002, 03:20 AM
I'd be interested in a punch swap. I haven't got any at the moment but am willing to buy one (possibly one that nobodys got at the moment).

Christine

BevS97
05-03-2002, 05:23 AM
I've just taken delivery of 4 new paper shapers punches - I've got Maple Leaf, Stem Leaf, Flower Leaf and Flower Power. and I've got tri-leaf on back order - only problem is they are Paper Shapers and the punchies are very small.

I'm up for organising a punchie swap - if you are interested then reply here with the name of your punch.

we'll do 10 per person, so if 10 people respond, then you will need to send 10 bags of 10 punchies, and you will get back 10 bags of different punchies.

Who's interested???

Bev - Leaf punchies

Janice
05-03-2002, 05:44 AM
I have only got two biggish Punches - Heart & Daisy so would be happy to do them, I also have two titchy punches - Maple Leaf & Snowflake.

I would be happy to do all of them, do you just punch out any colour - or all the same? Card Stock or Paper??

What bags do you put them in? sorry if these are stupid questions, but would sandwich type bags from Sainsburys do - or do they need to be special ones?

And - do we all send the organiser (Bev in this instance) a SAE for our returns - as you have done this before Bev, what size envelope would you suggest?

Exciting isnt it???? :D :D :D :D :D

BevS97
05-03-2002, 06:07 AM
sandwich bags are fine, and yes you need to send a SASE - I forgot about that - this is the first swap I've hosted. Put the same postage on that it costs you to send your punchies to me.
When we have the full list of people, I will PM everyone with my address.

You can punch out of anything so long as it's acid-free - so this is a good opportunity to use your scraps up - a variety of colors is fine.

I would suggest an A5 envelope, although since puncies are quite small, chances are they would fit in most envelopes.

Mine is definitely the titchy leaf - I will probably do a selection of leaves.

Janice or Natalie, I would love the big daisy as I only have a tiny one.

Bev

BevS97
05-03-2002, 06:11 AM
Has anyone got a large swirl punch? I would love some of them.

Bev

Janice
05-03-2002, 06:53 AM
This is the Daisy one I have:
http://www.kookykards.co.uk/punches/longpunch.jpg

This is the Heart one I have:
http://www.kookykards.co.uk/punches/long/heart.jpg

This the Leaf design I have, but it is a Woodware one and is about the size of
your average finger nail:
http://www.kookykards.co.uk/punches/cassette/leafp.jpg

The last one I have is the same size as above but a Snowflake. (cant find a piccy)

I would be happy to do all of these if anyone wanted them.

Nick The Cat
05-03-2002, 09:42 AM
Just been out shopping and couldn't resist a balloon shaped punch (about 2cm x 2cm). I'll do those in a variety of colours

BevS97
05-03-2002, 10:06 AM
OK - Here's the list so far:

Bev - variety of small leaves
Janice- any of punches mentioned
Christine (Nick the Cat) - Balloon
Carole - flower power, flower, daisy or heart (how about hearts Carol?)
Sleepy Dragon - ???
Kaylee - Swirl (if that's ok Kaylee)
Natalie - Daisy

I think it we can get between 8 - 10 people that would be a nice number.

Bev

caroley
05-03-2002, 11:05 AM
I've just ordered some punches from Artbase. They'll be my first ones. I've ordered the papershaper ones, flower power, flower, daisy and heart. Assuming those arrive, I'd love to join in.

DisneyDes
05-03-2002, 11:56 AM
I'll print this thread out and show it to DW (Sleepy Dragon) this evening, 'cause by the way the cc is moaning she has loads of punches.

Off hand I know she has a number of different sizes of Mickey and a bouncing tigger I think.

Des

KayleeUK
05-03-2002, 01:28 PM
Dont forget me Bev

I have swirl and flower punch :D

Kaylee

NatalieD
05-03-2002, 03:10 PM
Bev,
I'll do the Daisy one if that's ok - or I have a flower, tooth, snowflake, heart
so unless I hear otherwise I'll do the daisy. What colour does everyone want?

Nick The Cat
05-05-2002, 04:35 PM
Bumped up for anyone who might be interested

Janice
05-05-2002, 04:39 PM
LOL Christine - you beat me to it! I was just going to do the same and ask Bev what the latest is on what we are all doing?

LOL

Bev - are we enough yet?

My Daisy punch seems to be playing up, keeps getting stuck, I can easily do the Heart though. The smaller punches I have are difficult to use on Cardstock - they only work well on paper - does anyone else have this problem?

Sleepy Dragon
05-05-2002, 05:29 PM
Can you count me in too.

I have silhouette of mickey body or side view of head, very small or small disney 3 circle head, small tigger. or non disney small swirl, small daisy, butterfly, small sheriff badge.

Please let me know which ones to do and what colour or do we just do a mix which we think goes well.

Julie

BevS97
05-07-2002, 05:32 AM
sorry, I've had a hectic weekend scrapping - I think we are just about there, I was just waiting to see if Fiona was interested.

Bev - variety of small leaves
Janice- heart
Christine (Nick the Cat) - Balloon
Carole - flower power, flower, daisy or heart (how about hearts Carol?)
Sleepy Dragon - Disney one's?
Kaylee - Swirl (if that's ok Kaylee)
Natalie - Daisy
Hilary - ???

Sleepy Dragon-
I don't think the silhouette one's would work for a swap would they? or can you cut the heads out of the silhouette?

If everyone could make 8 bags of 10 punches up and put them in an envelope and send them to me by next Monday 13th May, then I will swap them around and send them straight back out,

Please enclose a SASE for me to send the punches back to you

I'll PM you all now with my address.

Bev

Janice
05-07-2002, 08:02 AM
I think that we do a mixture of colours - is that right Bev??

Is that right that you want me and Carole to both do Hearts Bev?

Also - is it just Cardstock, or is a mix of that and paper ok too??

I dont mind which I receive - just wondered :)

This is fun!!!!

BevS97
05-07-2002, 09:00 AM
it would be nice if you and Carole did something different, but you both mentioned hearts so I listed them - It's up to you, I'm just the swapper not the boss :D

Any color, paper or cardstock - I don't think it matters - I would avoid patterned paper I think, because plain colours are easier to use.

Bev

Janice
05-07-2002, 11:20 AM
LOL :D - I didnt mean to imply that I thought you were the Boss! LOL :D But you just seem so knowledgeable on this whole Scrapbooking thing - I thought you had done them before and had been scrapbooking for years so knew all the ropes :D :D

I'll go ahead and get the Hearts done - any perhaps Carole wouldnt mind doing one of your other ones :D

But --------- I am easy, I am just looking forward to receiving all the varieties :D :D

Like Heinz really - 57 Varieties!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

BevS97
05-07-2002, 12:07 PM
Lol Janice - some of the swaps I've seen advertised, the person running it seems much like the BOSS - lots of rules and big threats for people who don't live up to their promises - to be honest some of them scare me! So I've just stuck to small swaps up to now, and they've been pretty safe!;)

I've done one big swap with a disney scrappers group I'm in and I'm just waiting to get the parcel back - that should be a good one! it was an ABC swap, so I should be getting back 26 things - 1 for each letter.

bev

Janice
05-07-2002, 12:24 PM
Ooooo what a great idea - now there's a thought for later once we have both moved into our new homes and set up our scrapbooking areas proper!!!!!! :D :D :D

This is just so much fun - I cant remember ever, ever getting so engrossed in a hobby before!

How long have you been scrapping - how many..... no, I'll leave that for a new post I think ;)

Hilary
05-07-2002, 02:43 PM
Sorry to come to this so late, but I'd be interested in joining in - only thing is, I don't know whether our punches are too small. We have:

palm tree
dolphin
whale
howling wolf
moon
snowflake
winnie the pooh

they are all about 2cms square. Is that too small?

Also - I haven't got any acid-free paper at the moment! :rolleyes: Where can I get some in various colours quite quickly?

Nick The Cat
05-07-2002, 05:07 PM
Hilary
Canford card and paper , available at most art shops, is acid free.
Wouldn't mind some snowflakes if everyone else is agreeable.

BevS97
05-08-2002, 05:24 AM
Please join in Hilary - my punches are all tiny about 1 cm, so they all sound fine. As Christine said, Canford or Canson card/paper is available in artshops and that's fine.

Bev

BevS97
05-08-2002, 05:34 AM
Please note that means everyone needs to send EIGHT bags of punchies now

BevS97
05-09-2002, 04:52 AM
I've had a couple of questions:

firstly - please send me all 8 bags (except Natalie who's already posted hers), and I will post your stuff back to you - this makes it easier for me to keep organised.

secondly - if you want to include extra things in your bags then that's fine -but the minimum is 10 of one punch anything over that is just because you are a really nice person :-) , and you might not get anything more than that back from other people.

Bev

Janice
05-09-2002, 10:45 AM
Just got back from posting mine Bev :D :D :D

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Nick The Cat
05-09-2002, 11:41 AM
Posted mine yesterday evening Bev

Hilary
05-09-2002, 11:49 AM
Don't shout at me as I haven't even done mine yet, let alone posted them! I'm still waiting to get the acid-free paper (hope to get it on Saturday) :rolleyes:

If I'm going to be holding up everyone else getting theirs, then please feel free to carry on without me this time - I'm sure there'll be other opportunities. I'll give you a shout as soon as I get the paper so that you can tell me whether to carry on or not.

DisneyDes
05-09-2002, 11:55 AM
Hope it isn't too late yet as DW (Sleepy Dragon) is planning in going to Artbase tomorrow to get the acid free paper. You can guess what I'm going to be doing this weekend:rolleyes:

Des

caroley
05-09-2002, 02:07 PM
I have a very sore thumb now, but all done and I'll post them tomorrow.

My very first punch, isn't it fun :D

BevS97
05-09-2002, 04:39 PM
don't panic - I haven't done mine yet either and I am away all weekend - so I will just wait until I get everyone's then I will do the swap - I just put a date on it to try and stop it from dragging on for ages.

I think I might take some punches and paper away this weekend and get the kids punching away!

Bev

BevS97
05-12-2002, 03:09 PM
the first few envelopes have arrived which was really exciting - like christmas time :-)

I was very confused as Janice had a bag labeled for Julie and I couldn't work out who that was, but I'm guessing it's Sleepy Dragon! looking at the list.

Bev

Janice
05-12-2002, 05:47 PM
LOL Sorry Bev - yes Julie is aka Sleepy Dragon! LOL

Glad they arrived safely.

:bounce:

Sleepy Dragon
05-13-2002, 04:18 AM
Posted mine on Saturday. Had lots of help from all the family - especially Benjie (5 yrs) who thought it was all great fun!!

Hope you all like the punches.

Looking forward to getting my goodie bag!!

Julie

Ps whent to Artbase on Friday - spend 2 1/2 hrs in there and spend a fortune!! Aren't Caroline's layouts beautiful, made mine look rubbish!! It's the first time I've really stood and chatted to them but I found everyone really helpful and friendly and I didn't feel a fool asking the most basic of questions.

BevS97
05-13-2002, 05:19 AM
we also sat and punched ours last night - Katie thought it was great, but wanted to send you all her own creation - crowns - (that's stars cut in half) - I think I managed to retreive them all, but if any tortured stars made their way into your baggie - they are a little present from Katie!

Bev

caroley
05-13-2002, 04:07 PM
Aaahhh bless! If we get crowns, can we have a pic of Katie making them so we can do a layout of it ;)

BevS97
05-14-2002, 05:31 AM
All the parcels are sorted out, and in the post - hopefully you should get them tomorrow.

Bev

Janice
05-14-2002, 06:22 AM
Woooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Sleepy Dragon
05-14-2002, 06:25 AM
Janice, are you a teency wincy bit excited???? Me too!!! My first time - hopefully one of many

Julie

Nick The Cat
05-14-2002, 06:25 AM
Thanks Bev. Looking forward to it arriving:D :D

Janice
05-14-2002, 06:41 AM
Yep - just a tad.

Of course - it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that in about .... well exactly 7 days time I will be at this very moment, 11.42am - if all goes to schedule - sitting flicking through the inflight entertainment book sorting out my viewing whilst flying to WDW for my weeks holiday with Shirley :D :D :D

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

caroley
05-14-2002, 02:25 PM
Thanks Bev. I can't wait for my little parcels :D. This is fun!
:Pinkbounc

Sleepy Dragon
05-15-2002, 04:34 AM
Bev, Left the house before the postman so haven't seen my bundle yet - very excited about going home to see my goodies. I just wanted to thank you for organising the swop and opening up your postbox for us.

Thanks again and hope to do it again some time.

Julie

PS If anyone wants any of my punchies in another colour please let me know and I will organise this for you.