PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER' Thread

BuckeyeGuy28
10-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Like tons of people who visit IOA and Universal regularly, I am dying to know as much as I can about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I go to school right across the street from IOA, and between classes, I have watched a huge building be erected, which I believe will become Hogwarts Castle or something.

Now, I hate Harry Potter, but I love the things they do at Universal. All I know is that there will be a castle, a village, a kids ride, an extreme ride, and Flying Unicorns is closed for the construction. If any of you have details about the stuff going on, POST IT! We are all so curious!

Keep the thread alive, too, because when it finally opens next year, we'll get to see the progression of information we've learned. I'm so excited:yay:

ChrisFL
10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Keep the thread alive, too, because when it finally opens next year, we'll get to see the progression of information we've learned. I'm so excited:yay:

Ok, here's one thing....its not opening until Mid-2010 at the earliest.

Metro West
10-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Ok, here's one thing....its not opening until Mid-2010 at the earliest.Yeah...I'm thinking May or June of 2010...not earlier.

DeblovesPoohbear
10-13-2008, 08:13 PM
That would kill me to go to school across the street from IOA
I would be getting in trouble for staring out the windows or cutting
to go ride the Hulk or the Mummy :rotfl2:

IheartEdward
10-13-2008, 08:27 PM
I can't wait....but i might have to. :sad2:

hack2112
10-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Like tons of people who visit IOA and Universal regularly, I am dying to know as much as I can about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I go to school right across the street from IOA, and between classes, I have watched a huge building be erected, which I believe will become Hogwarts Castle or something.

Now, I hate Harry Potter, but I love the things they do at Universal. All I know is that there will be a castle, a village, a kids ride, an extreme ride, and Flying Unicorns is closed for the construction. If any of you have details about the stuff going on, POST IT! We are all so curious!

So how is DPHS?

donaldduck352
10-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Rumor mill:They are casting (or looking)for a heavy english accent actor 50-70 years old to greet people.Must be a native England actor!!

BuckeyeGuy28
10-15-2008, 07:55 PM
So how is DPHS?

It's a great school. I've got good grades (a weighted 4. something) because the teachers know how to get me thinking, and there's so much stuff to do...if you're not interested in a club or sport, you probably don't like much of anything.

The kids are all very nice, but its SO BIG!!! In middle school, I knew everybody in my class--now I see new people everyday in between periods, or meet people passing class that I never see again.

The athletics are awesome at DP too. I'm a swimmer and the coaches are astounding!!! The boys team is undefeated in the region except for one devastating 2 point loss against Apopka (my relay, unfortunately came in last with me as anchor, but I think our starter was a bit too slow and set us up.)

Anyway, today in class I saw the cranes adding the final walls to the back side of the castle. It's killing me not to know what's inside of that huge building. Does anybody know what monster-thing is going to go in there??:confused:

ChrisFL
10-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Woohoo!! DPHS!! GO Panthers!!

(Class of '96 here)

scotas
10-18-2008, 09:09 AM
This link has some artists renderings of the three main areas they are creating.

http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/

SLK1
10-18-2008, 01:21 PM
This link has some artists renderings of the three main areas they are creating.

What's the state-of-the-art attraction Universal is promising? Anyone know? Islands of Adventure has done some interesting things (Spider-Man, Poseidon, Dr. Seuss Trolley) so I can't wait to see what they mean...does anyone know what's going there?

Metro West
10-18-2008, 08:26 PM
What's the state-of-the-art attraction Universal is promising? Anyone know? Islands of Adventure has done some interesting things (Spider-Man, Poseidon, Dr. Seuss Trolley) so I can't wait to see what they mean...does anyone know what's going there?That is apparently a very highly guarded secret. We will have to wait and see.

ChrisFL
10-18-2008, 09:09 PM
And surprisingly well guarded compared to most of the other leaks that happen around theme park attractions. It seems nearly impossible for theme parks to keep anything a total secret, anything coming out of Universal Creative that isn't supposed to gets squashed very quicky.

Metro West
10-19-2008, 08:18 AM
And surprisingly well guarded compared to most of the other leaks that happen around theme park attractions. It seems nearly impossible for theme parks to keep anything a total secret, anything coming out of Universal Creative that isn't supposed to gets squashed very quicky.::yes::

BuckeyeGuy28
10-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Where the heck is this place going? I went to IOA yesterday and me and my friend almost missed Dueling Dragons because they moved the entrance over into Jurassic Park by the Discovery Center right under where the old gateway is (the gateway isn't used anymore now you have to go across a bridge to get to Lost Continent.)

Lost Continent ends at Sinbad, so the dragon statues, DD gift shop, Enchanted Oak restaurant, Flying Unicorn, everything around there, is GONE, and is now construction blocked off by wooden fences.

Anybody have a clue what they're doing? Since Flying Unicorn and Dueling Dragons are among the construction, I guess they'll be part of it? I would hate to see Dueling Dragons leave Lost Continent. The theme is great as it is, and Lost Continent would suck without it:sad1:

damo
10-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Where the heck is this place going? I went to IOA yesterday and me and my friend almost missed Dueling Dragons because they moved the entrance over into Jurassic Park by the Discovery Center right under where the old gateway is (the gateway isn't used anymore now you have to go across a bridge to get to Lost Continent.)

Lost Continent ends at Sinbad, so the dragon statues, DD gift shop, Enchanted Oak restaurant, Flying Unicorn, everything around there, is GONE, and is now construction blocked off by wooden fences.

Anybody have a clue what they're doing? Since Flying Unicorn and Dueling Dragons are among the construction, I guess they'll be part of it? I would hate to see Dueling Dragons leave Lost Continent. The theme is great as it is, and Lost Continent would suck without it:sad1:

I hadn't heard that Flying Unicorn was gone. It is just closed and will be rethemed like Dueling Dragons. You can pretty much see exactly what is going where by looking at this picture: http://www.screamscape.com/html/ioa_-_project_strong_arm_4.htm

There is a lot of info here: http://www.screamscape.com/html/islands_of_adventure.htm

scotas
10-20-2008, 10:55 PM
I am just so excited for this to open. I'm hoping to take a solo trip down for it. If not I'll have to bump it in with our annual Disney trip.

BradyBz12
10-21-2008, 01:40 PM

This is from this week's Anita Answer column on the All Ears site...
"It's my understanding that the entire Lost Continent will be re-themed or rebuilt to become the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The RUMOR Mill says that Dueling Dragons is already in the process of being re-themed to the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament, which of course, involves dragons."

Definitely a bummer that it seems the Lost Continent will in fact be... lost. It was probably my favorite part of IoA.

Although WWoHP will probably ease my loss. :)

BuckeyeGuy28
10-21-2008, 07:20 PM
I hadn't heard that Flying Unicorn was gone. It is just closed and will be rethemed like Dueling Dragons. You can pretty much see exactly what is going where by looking at this picture: http://www.screamscape.com/html/ioa_-_project_strong_arm_4.htm

There is a lot of info here: http://www.screamscape.com/html/islands_of_adventure.htm

My bad. I meant that the Flying Unicorn was closed, and people can't get to it or hardly even see it. Thanks for the link though. That clears up a lot. Kind of a weird location, it seems like the Jurassic Park Center and the castle will be almost on top of each other. Oh well, who am I to complain, they're putting in new rides!!!

ChrisFL
10-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Jurassic Potter? Sligtly bothersome how it looks like Hogwarts could make the view across the lagoon very strange:

http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/harrypotter/harrypotter.shtml

BuckeyeGuy28
11-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Jurassic Potter? Sligtly bothersome how it looks like Hogwarts could make the view across the lagoon very strange:

http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/harrypotter/harrypotter.shtml

On the other hand, the two 'real movie sets' will be in one place and would look make for a great centerpiece

blondeheroine
11-15-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm assuming that they'll have a big grand opening for this. Do you think they'll do a soft open first and then a grand opening later? I know this is usually how they do these things, but with this being so anticipated, I didn't know.

I'd like to be down there for the opening. ;)

scotas
11-15-2008, 11:38 AM
I've been tracking the progress on mugglenet.com its a fansite that keeps pretty much on top of all things Potter. They even had some photos of the progress so far somewhere in their site. I can remember where. I have started saving up for a solo trip down for openning. I've never stayed at universal so I have to start my research.

Metro West
11-15-2008, 11:42 AM
I've been tracking the progress on mugglenet.com its a fansite that keeps pretty much on top of all things Potter. They even had some photos of the progress so far somewhere in their site. I can remember where. I have started saving up for a solo trip down for openning. I've never stayed at universal so I have to start my research.If you have questions, please feel free to ask...we are here to help!

scotas
11-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the offer. My main concern is transportation. I hate renting cars. Disney makes it so easy, guess I'm spoiled. Anyways does Universal offer transportation from their hotels to the parks or are you on your own? Also are there any shuttles from the airport and back or are you on your own with that? Also I saw their hotels offer smoking rooms and pet friendly rooms. Are you able to book rooms specifically away from those sections? My asthma is horrible now and I can't even be near smoke.

Metro West
11-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the offer. My main concern is transportation. I hate renting cars. Disney makes it so easy, guess I'm spoiled. Anyways does Universal offer transportation from their hotels to the parks or are you on your own? Also are there any shuttles from the airport and back or are you on your own with that? Also I saw their hotels offer smoking rooms and pet friendly rooms. Are you able to book rooms specifically away from those sections? My asthma is horrible now and I can't even be near smoke.The hotels are close enough to either walk or take water taxis or rickshaws...no need for other transportation. I think you will be surprised at how close they are to the parks. You are on your own for the airport transfers but there are several companies the homies use. They will have to answer that question for you since I never go to the airport. I believe you can request a non-smoking room but you might want to call explain your situation directly. I'm sure they will work with you.

BuckeyeGuy28
11-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Just passed the park and saw them working on the roof the big building they put up...I also heard that they're using robot arm technology to use as a ride through all the books and it's climax will be in the Chamber of Secrets. Anybody know anything about that?

macraven
11-16-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm assuming that they'll have a big grand opening for this. Do you think they'll do a soft open first and then a grand opening later? I know this is usually how they do these things, but with this being so anticipated, I didn't know.

I'd like to be down there for the opening. ;)

i am hopeful that there will be a special opening for all AP holders.
in the past, there have been special events for AP holders when new rides open up. maybe the AP holders will get that special perk for the new island.

Also I saw their hotels offer smoking rooms and pet friendly rooms. Are you able to book rooms specifically away from those sections? My asthma is horrible now and I can't even be near smoke.

HRH is smoke free
PBH and RPB does have some smoking rooms

Metro West
11-16-2008, 05:22 PM
i am hopeful that there will be a special opening for all AP holders.
in the past, there have been special events for AP holders when new rides open up. maybe the AP holders will get that special perk for the new island.
Let's hope so too and have it on a weekend so I won't have to miss work to go. :sad2:

2BigKIdz
11-20-2008, 03:43 AM
I was thinking Poseidon's Fury could be re-themed as the Chamber of Secrets as I was re-watching that movie the other day. Has anyone heard mention of this?

sportzboy698
11-21-2008, 08:49 AM
That is a great idea...poseidon's fury is great and everything...but now that the large waterway is being turned off (the best part of the attraction)...there is really no reason why they shouldn't update it with something new. The Chamber fo Secrets is possibly the best idea that i've heard in along time.

ChrisFL
11-21-2008, 03:10 PM
That is a great idea...poseidon's fury is great and everything...but now that the large waterway is being turned off (the best part of the attraction)...there is really no reason why they shouldn't update it with something new. The Chamber fo Secrets is possibly the best idea that i've heard in along time.

Hmm, sorry but this sounds like Disney's reasoning behind changing things...they let something get outdated, start limiting effects and upkeep until people don't even want to go on it anymore, then say "here are how bad the attendance numbers are" as the excuse to green-light a replacement.

I'm not saying that they couldn't use something new, I just think that's not a good argument.

damo
11-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Poseidan's Fury is an attraction we hardly go to see anymore. I wish they would do something with it that makes you want to see it everytime you go.

storybookmum
11-21-2008, 05:09 PM
We are HUGE HP fans here. Because the kids are younger, mostly, we haven't gone to Universal yet. But with a 2010 opening, I forsee an Orlando trip that's not Disney, but rather US and Sea World coming up.

I have to wonder how hard Disney will fight back for the business - HP is huge, and it's going to drag away a lot of the crowds.

I wish Diagon Alley was going to be part of it, but it doesn't sound that way.

I keep thinking about the centrepiece attraction and I can't figure out what it would be - Quidditch doesn't have enough players to make that make sense...some horrible adventure through the Forest?

2BigKIdz
11-22-2008, 05:43 AM

I think so too, and thought if I had that idea surely Universal Creative has considered it. Poseidon's Fury was neat once, but really had no desire for repeat visits but my husband really likes it so we always do it once during our visits. But if it were the Chamber of Secrets that would probably hold more interest for me. I didn't know they were turning off the spinning water, why?

2BigKIdz
11-22-2008, 05:46 AM
We are HUGE HP fans here. Because the kids are younger, mostly, we haven't gone to Universal yet. But with a 2010 opening, I forsee an Orlando trip that's not Disney, but rather US and Sea World coming up.

I have to wonder how hard Disney will fight back for the business - HP is huge, and it's going to drag away a lot of the crowds.

I wish Diagon Alley was going to be part of it, but it doesn't sound that way.

I keep thinking about the centrepiece attraction and I can't figure out what it would be - Quidditch doesn't have enough players to make that make sense...some horrible adventure through the Forest?

I just assumed Diagon Alley would be a central walkway with shops and such, that would be so neat. I'm really sad to hear it is not in the plans, it just makes sense to have that area with shops and restaurants, at least to me.

That robotic arm thing does seem like it would be conducive to a flying ride, maybe it will take us through different scenes, quidditch, flying car, through the dark forest, into the lake, by the whomping willow etc.

scotas
11-22-2008, 08:19 AM
I believe they are having an area with a restaurant and shops, but it will be Hogsmede Village with The Three Broomsticks for a restaurant. From the pictures I've seen the whole village is going to be covered in "snow"

ky07
11-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Not a Harry Potter fan but it will be interesting to see what Universal will do with it and knowing Universal it will be cool :thumbsup2

funhouse8
11-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Do you think it would be ready by the end of August 2010 or would 2011 be a better bet?

Metro West
11-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Do you think it would be ready by the end of August 2010 or would 2011 be a better bet?I'm thinking HP will be open by August of 2010.

Catrinabeach
11-24-2008, 09:03 AM
I can't wait until they reveal the opening date. I am sooo going ! I just updated all our annual pass info so that if they do a special viewing for AP holders we get that info. We have never gotten anything letting us know about special APH events .

Timmy Boy
11-24-2008, 10:05 AM
The reason Hogsmeade Village will be there instead of Diagon Alley is because with Hogwarts Castle being there, Diagon Alley CAN NOT be there, because in the books and movies, Diagon Alley is in London, not near Hogwarts Castle at all.

scotas
11-24-2008, 10:30 AM
I love the idea of Hogsmeade, probably because I am hoping for Honeydukes Sweet Shoppe to be there. popcorn:: Oh and wouldn't the shreiking Shack be fun to go through? I'm probably hoping for too much, but thats always been the best part of Harry potter, it gets your imagination running.

jenny105
11-24-2008, 11:56 AM

When is that supposed to happen? The spinning water was on when I was there last week. I love the reaction it gets because people are so hesitant to walk through it! :rotfl:

jenny105
11-24-2008, 12:03 PM
This is from this week's Anita Answer column on the All Ears site...
"It's my understanding that the entire Lost Continent will be re-themed or rebuilt to become the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The RUMOR Mill says that Dueling Dragons is already in the process of being re-themed to the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament, which of course, involves dragons."

Definitely a bummer that it seems the Lost Continent will in fact be... lost. It was probably my favorite part of IoA.

Although WWoHP will probably ease my loss. :)

I'm hoping DD is re-themed as Quidditch, rather than dragons. One side Gryffindor, the other Slytherin. It was such a big part of the books, it just makes sense.

Harryinfo
11-25-2008, 05:21 PM
The water feature at Poseidon's Fury will be turned off soon, but don't worry it will reopen when they finish construction of Harry Potter. They have a tight budget due to the construction of Harry Potter and the Rockit roller coaster. Poseidon's Fury and Mythos will not be part of the Harry Potter theme park. As for the large building, this is the mountain the castle is going to sit on and they are already laying down track for the ride inside the mountain, possible involving a robotic arm. I can tell you that the track does not go up and down, more like a Spiderman type ride.

Gixer
11-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Is there any news on when Dueling dragons will be closed for the HP refurbishment? we are spending a week at HRH in April and would be so dissapointed if the ride was closed down :sad1:

Metro West
11-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Is there any news on when Dueling dragons will be closed for the HP refurbishment? we are spending a week at HRH in April and would be so dissapointed if the ride was closed down :sad1:No...nothing from Universal yet.

BuckeyeGuy28
12-02-2008, 09:52 PM
They will not close down the roller coaster itself but most of the show elements will most likely be closed for refurbishment. They'll just find a way around it...you know they can, they've already got the entrance moved to Jurassic Park!

clint999
12-06-2008, 05:41 AM
I don't get it

scotas
01-10-2009, 09:02 AM
There is a new poll up on http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/ to see where you would like to shop. The choices are Olivander's, Honeydukes or Zonko's.

WalkingintheFog
04-12-2009, 06:33 PM
The reason Hogsmeade Village will be there instead of Diagon Alley is because with Hogwarts Castle being there, Diagon Alley CAN NOT be there, because in the books and movies, Diagon Alley is in London, not near Hogwarts Castle at all.

Right. Because that would take away from the reality of it all! :rotfl::rotfl:

(I was watching Star Trek once, and scoffed at some guy who had clean shaven face in one scene and a mustache in the next.... my BIL said, "was that the point at which it ceased to be believable to you?"...I could only laugh at myself!)

Metro West
04-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Here are a few construction pictures I took today...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/VaNative/Islands%20of%20Adventure/DSC02238.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/VaNative/Islands%20of%20Adventure/DSC02241.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/VaNative/Islands%20of%20Adventure/DSC02240.jpg

damo
04-19-2009, 04:32 PM
It is getting very exciting!!!

Metro West
04-19-2009, 04:48 PM
It is getting very exciting!!! ::yes::

damo
04-19-2009, 04:56 PM
I wish they did like they used to at Cedar Point construction and put up webcams.

nhrenee
04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures!:thumbsup2

scotas
04-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Anyone know if there is an actual "Grand Opening" date. I need to start looking at planning a trip down.

rt2dz
04-20-2009, 10:40 AM
We're buying a house and will be canceling this year's 2009 Disney trip because I just don't know what the cost of the work needed to the house will be until after my 45 days have hit. In 2010 we were planning a "central FL" trip--stay offsite, go to to Busch Gardens, The Beach, US (never been since the kids were always so little before), hit a couple of other minor things and only do 1-3 days at Disney.

However, I'd like to know when to start planning. All I can find out is Harry Potter (my kids are BIG fans) is to open somewhere from end of Dec 2009 - June 30 2010. Is there any newer updates out there with a tighter time frame? Like March-April 2010? If it will be the end of June, I might go for more of a January 2010 trip to WDW and a December 2010 trip to Central FL.

damo
04-20-2009, 10:48 AM
No tighter time frames have been disclosed. I doubt that we will know until a month or so before opening.

Julia Ann
04-21-2009, 06:10 AM

....but i thought that it was a magical land anyway so it doesn't really matter if it was london or not...i mean hey, germany and mexico are close in epot....as long as it looks fantastic i don't care :goodvibes

silverhaze269
04-21-2009, 09:35 AM
This is all so exciting, I can't wait to see it when it's done! :goodvibes

I think the Chamber of Secrets idea is awesome! But, like it was pointed out, they're not going to be re-themeing that part of the park, so we're out of luck on that one, unfortunately.

Based on the polls that are up on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter site it's highly likely that we will see Butterbeer featured at the 3 Broomsticks. I think it's also likely that they will be making some kind of dragon ride including a Chinese Fireball, or re-themeing Dueling Dragons around that part of the triwizard tournament. Based on the latest poll, I'm thinking that they might try and work Olivanders in there somewhere so guests can purchase wands that choose their owners. Or, at the very least, they might have a kiosk somewhere that people can use for this.

I'd say keep a close eye on those polls because they might be the first indication of what they are thinking of including.

damo
04-21-2009, 09:45 AM
I've been wondering about the logistics of Hogwarts. We know for sure that one large ride is going in with the kuka arm technology. Early reports from the creators also said that we would be allowed to explore the castle/school. This is the part that has me wondering. How will everyone logistically be able to roam the castle? From the building that we see now we know that the huge building at the back that was first erected will most likely be the kuka arm part and the newer area built in front of that is probably the exploring the castle part. It would be nice if this was something similar to the continual loading Haunted Mansion where you are actually in a moving vehicle and viewing things beside you. It could still be interactive as the creators talked about in the early videos. That would solve the nightmare of throngs of people exploring the castle at the same time.

mom2aandj
04-22-2009, 11:12 PM
We're another Disney family who will be lured away by WWOHP. And I really like all the things I'm reading about Universal so far!! My children always have a a few days off of school at the end of October so hopefully it will open by summer 2010 and everything can be perfected by the time we go.:goodvibes

Peter Pirate 2
04-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Am I the only one that fears a letdown? I know there are lots of great possibilities but in this economy, with Universal's financial problems (which they've realized for awhile) and the penchant of all themeparks projects to not live up to the hype, I'm very worried that this won't be as cool and realistic as everyone seems to be hoping for. Am I alone here?
pirate:

Julia Ann
04-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Am I the only one that fears a letdown? I know there are lots of great possibilities but in this economy, with Universal's financial problems (which they've realized for awhile) and the penchant of all themeparks projects to not live up to the hype, I'm very worried that this won't be as cool and realistic as everyone seems to be hoping for. Am I alone here?
pirate:

Hopefully the funds are there already to complete it as Universal want it to be and not done on a budget - i guess there would be too much to lose if it was put together half heartedly or under budget. I remember delaying one of my trips waiting for IOA to be completed - especially Jurassic Park and being really disappointed with it, my imagination has no budget and i expected more from it, i think your own hype can make things be a let down if you have certain expectations. Lets hope it lives up to it this time :goodvibes

micksterlee
04-23-2009, 07:50 AM
We are shooting for a Christmas of 2010 trip to IOA/US to take in Harry Potter and all the other special Christmas attractions.The only fear I have is the size of the crowds and being able to get a room on site.We went to WDW a few years ago for Christmas and it was packed,the crowds were big and waits were long.I am sure Universal will be crowded but has anyone been at Christmas and I wonder how much difference HP will make as far as the crowd.

damo
04-23-2009, 08:12 AM
pirate:

From what has been built and is being built, I don't think we'll be disappointed.

the Dark Marauder
04-23-2009, 11:06 AM
pirate:

The budget for HP was secured before the financial meltdown, so you have nothing to worry about.

minniejack
04-23-2009, 11:10 AM
We're another Disney family who will be lured away by WWOHP. And I really like all the things I'm reading about Universal so far!! My children always have a a few days off of school at the end of October so hopefully it will open by summer 2010 and everything can be perfected by the time we go.:goodvibes

Perfect timing for HHN.:thumbsup2

We'll never get to experience HHN while the kids are in school; they'll never be able to take days off to go on vaca--just too much missed.:sad1:

Peter Pirate 2
04-26-2009, 09:21 AM
It's not just the budget that has me concerned but the precedent that has been set. Look, IOA is a beautifully themed Park. IMO, it equals anything Disney or anyone else has accomplished. BUT, it isn't terribly loaded with things to do, other than shop or eat in many areas. My point is the HP world will certainly be beautiful and well put together but will there be anywhere enough to do especially in comparison to the hype everyone is feeding on?
pirate:

damo
04-26-2009, 10:41 AM
It's not just the budget that has me concerned but the precedent that has been set. Look, IOA is a beautifully themed Park. IMO, it equals anything Disney or anyone else has accomplished. BUT, it isn't terribly loaded with things to do, other than shop or eat in many areas. My point is the HP world will certainly be beautiful and well put together but will there be anywhere enough to do especially in comparison to the hype everyone is feeding on?
pirate:

I'm just expecting one new big ride. That is all we've been told. Nobody should expect anything more than we've been told. I don't expect we'll be disappointed in that ride.

dragonfly32837
04-26-2009, 08:39 PM
The initial plans included several attractions with one main major attraction. But this may have changed since then.

Metro West
04-26-2009, 09:37 PM
pirate: I think it will let down some who are really into the series mainly by the hardcore fans trying to nit pick every little details and the more casual fans will more than likely be impressed. I know nothing about HP...I've never seen the movies or read the books but I am really looking forward to this new area. I doubt seriously it's going to be a let down to me. I guess it's all relative.

dicar123
04-27-2009, 02:39 AM
We are shooting for a Christmas of 2010 trip to IOA/US to take in Harry Potter and all the other special Christmas attractions.The only fear I have is the size of the crowds and being able to get a room on site.We went to WDW a few years ago for Christmas and it was packed,the crowds were big and waits were long.I am sure Universal will be crowded but has anyone been at Christmas and I wonder how much difference HP will make as far as the crowd.

I went Christmas of 07. We booked our room at the Royal Pacific about 6-7 months in advance. I don't know that it was necessary to book so early. If you plan to stay onsite (unless things have changed), your room key acts as a "fastpass". The park may have been crowded, but it didn't seem so to us. Nothing like Disney in summer! The room key worked beautifully and we hardly stood in lines at all.

The rooms will seem very expensive. When we booked, our per night rate was $300. You don't have to pay that. With discounts (super saver and AP rates) you can pay much less.

We had a fabulous time and are planning a trip Christmas of '10 to see Harry Potter too. Can't wait!!

nyck
04-28-2009, 06:38 AM
I am planning a New years trip to disney in 2010 so I will have to try out the HP then. I love universal, but I can't make a vacation out just it. I usually go for the day while I am at disney. I don't have kids, so I am sure if I did it would take me longer than a day. But when all I right is the thrill stuff, I can do both parks in 1 day. I will however be buying the universal express pass for that trip, since I am sure it will be VERY crowded due to the time of year, plus with HP being new still

amystevekai&bump
04-28-2009, 08:11 AM
we are all booked for New Years 2010/11 - can't wait!!!:yay::yay: I think we will avoid Harry Potter on 12/30, 12/31 and 1/1 :scared1::rotfl:- we still have 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 & 1/5 - so hopefully it should quieten down by then!!:lmao:

Claire-Bear
05-14-2010, 11:43 AM
I like it! It'll be fun to see its interactions

Mouse Skywalker
05-14-2010, 01:18 PM
We have it on our blog too. It looks pretty cool, and looks like the hog's head will be an interactive audioanimatronic.

Hmmmm, I wonder if I'll get a chance to see in person this during my trip this weekend? Hmmmm, I wonder... (rubbing chin)...

I would settle for just a sip of some Butterbeer.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/09/15/universal-releases-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-details/

ChrisFL
05-14-2010, 10:28 PM
We have it on our blog too. It looks pretty cool, and looks like the hog's head will be an interactive audioanimatronic.

Hmmmm, I wonder if I'll get a chance to see in person this during my trip this weekend? Hmmmm, I wonder... (rubbing chin)...

this might help,

:scratchin