PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbooking Group ~ What Magazines....

Janice
05-02-2002, 07:53 AM
do you subscribe to or buy regularly, and where do you get them from?

I have managed to collect 1/2 a dozen or so, in the relatively short time I have been interested, a couple I got free from Mark at Scraptastic when I bought a book, and another
couple I have bought when visiting Art Base.

I just wondered, now I am becoming more familiar with Scrapbooking which magazines you all get and where from?? :)

BevS97
05-02-2002, 08:08 AM
I have read them all at one time or another, but now I try and stick to Creating Keepsakes, Simple Scrapbooks and the occassional PaperKuts. I think my favorite is Simple Scrapbooks.

I really don't like Ivy Cottage - it's very paper-doll oriented which isn't me at all - and there is a Better Homes and Gardens one which is quite nice but it doesn't come out very often.

I get them all from Scraptastic - I have a standing order for CK and SS and Mark rings me whenever PK comes in and I tend to take that as well

bev

Fiona R from UK
05-02-2002, 08:08 AM
Crumbs Janice!!

I have half a dozen or so since October (no free ones!!!)

3 or 4 Creating Keepsakes, a Paperkuts and a Memory Makers. Like the first two but not the last!!

I won't allow myself to subscribe!!!!

radamson
05-02-2002, 04:23 PM
I'm with Bev and Fiona on the Magazines - I like CK

In CK they seem to have the right balance between layouts and articles. They also show you a mix of layouts using paperdolls, punches and different techniques.

I also like Paperkuts too.

I usually get my magazines from Borders Bookstore (as they are American they sell most of the scrapbooking magazines). They usually cost 4.25.

I'm not sure if you have this store near you but we have one in York (so it saves on postage for me).:) :)

Becky

NatalieD
05-03-2002, 01:32 AM
I've got 9, but 6 of those were free from Mark at Scraptastic. I've subscribed to
CK and last weekend I bought the new Paperkuts at Artbase. I really like CK
the best out of all of them.

caroley
05-03-2002, 02:06 PM
I'm turning into a magazine addict :D
So far I have:
3 Simple scrapbooks which I have now subscribed to.
1 memory makers which is my least favourite so far.
2 better homes which I like a lot. There's a couple of beach ones in the latest issue that I can't wait to scraplift ;)
3 CK which I also like a lot.

So, that's 9 in 2 or 3 months. Ooops!

BevS97
05-03-2002, 03:16 PM
Are we counting them? Oh dear - I have rather a lot... at least 20 probably more.
I have a pile in the living room by my favorite chair, a couple by the bed, and one or two in the bathroom for a little read when I am supposed to be getting ready for work!

Bev

Sleepy Dragon
05-05-2002, 04:40 PM
I've managed to accumulate about 8 since December - mostly CK.

I have just made a 2 year subscription to CK - around 80 for 20 issues (including postage). I found this to be much cheaper than buying it from Artbase each time for 4.99 plus postage.

This has just come through on my credit card but haven't had my first issue yet - hubby wondered what on earth I had been spending 80 on in USA!!!

I like the articles in CK - I know the layouts can be rather spectacular but I really like the layout and the size of the magazine. I found simple scrapbooks a bit thin for the same price as CK.

Julie