PDA

View Full Version : Late check-in/check-out?

MommyBryn
10-13-2008, 09:11 AM
We have one night of our reservation not booked through Disney (with our Thank You points through expedia). It's our first night. We're also not getting in until around 1-2am that night (so thank goodness it's free LOL). Anyway, obviously we'll have to have a late check-in for that first night. I'm waiting to speak with Disney about putting our reservations together so we can stay in the same room throughout the trip, but worst case scenario is just that we'll have to switch rooms after that first night. No biggie. However, I was wondering (and I know, I'll have to ask Disney, but personal experience is always valuable!!), if this happens, would it be possible to either get a late check-out from the first room or an earlier check-in for the second room? That way we don't have to pack everything and leave it in the lobby for our day at the park just because we can't go straight to the other room yet...or is there some way to make this work?

Thanks for any experiences or suggestions!

spiceycat
10-13-2008, 09:55 AM
you can always get an early check in - that is never a problem - now your room being ready might be.

if that happens just leave everything with bell service (or luggage service at the value resorts)

then enjoy the resort.

MommyBryn
10-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Oh okay, so early check-in is the way to go it sounds like? I was thinking requesting a late check-out until we could check-in at the right time, but an early check-in would be so much easier! Do they allow an early check-in if the room isn't ready? (I'm assuming you mean like the cleaning and stuff?)

spiceycat
10-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Oh okay, so early check-in is the way to go it sounds like? I was thinking requesting a late check-out until we could check-in at the right time, but an early check-in would be so much easier! Do they allow an early check-in if the room isn't ready? (I'm assuming you mean like the cleaning and stuff?)

you can check in as early at 6:30 am.

yea the room might not be empty or if it is - it has not been cleaned yet - you have to wait.

TheRustyScupper
10-13-2008, 04:35 PM
1) Late check-out is at the option of Housekeeping Mgr, and not Front Desk.
2) If granted late check-out,
. . . 11:00am-1:00pm, no extra charge
. . . 1:00pm-3:00pm, up to 50 of the room rate extra charge
. . . after 3:00pm, up to 100% of the room rate extra charge
3) The extra charges are due to
. . . the bulk of the maids stagger shift-end from 1:00pm to 4:30pm
. . . late checkouts can add to the workload of individual maids
. . . maids might have to work overtime to clean rooms after 1:00pm
. . . maids might not be available after 3:00pm, so the room isn't cleaned

MommyBryn
10-13-2008, 04:59 PM
1) Late check-out is at the option of Housekeeping Mgr, and not Front Desk.
2) If granted late check-out,
. . . 11:00am-1:00pm, no extra charge
. . . 1:00pm-3:00pm, up to 50 of the room rate extra charge
. . . after 3:00pm, up to 100% of the room rate extra charge
3) The extra charges are due to
. . . the bulk of the maids stagger shift-end from 1:00pm to 4:30pm
. . . late checkouts can add to the workload of individual maids
. . . maids might have to work overtime to clean rooms after 1:00pm
. . . maids might not be available after 3:00pm, so the room isn't cleaned

Are there fees for early check-in if it's available?

spiceycat
10-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Are there fees for early check-in if it's available?

no.

there is no charge for early check-in.

you can always do early check in at any WDW resorts. if your room is not ready you are given everything you need to go to the parks. (hint!!! - and spend money)

Deb & Bill
10-13-2008, 06:12 PM
There are no late check outs at DVC resorts.