PDA

View Full Version : OK...Choices, choices! What should I do?!?

jse107
10-13-2008, 09:42 AM
DH has agreed to the trip! Yippee! :goodvibes

There will be at least 6 of us going: DH and me, our kids who will be 2 and 5, and my ILs. There is a possibility that BIL and his girlfriend will join us (if she can get off a week from her doctorate program).

So...here's where I am. I just got a Disney Visa that I can book the trip on and use to gain DDRD. Plus, if a code comes out for next year, we'll be all set. I also have AAA, so I can use that for a discount as well.

Now for my questions...
1) Should we go 11/28/09-12/5/09 (the week after Thanksgiving) OR 12/12/09-12/19/09? I'm looking for lowest potential crowd levels. Christmas decorations will be up for either week, which I am SUPER excited about!

2) Last year we stayed at CSR and had a lovely stay. Bus transportation was great. We stayed in Cabanas 9B, which was VERY convenient. IF money were not a huge consideration (it is, but let's pretend it's not!), would you stay at CSR again or move up to WL with bunk beds? I don't want to book a suite because we're going to need time away from the ILs. BIL and girlfriend may stay at a value resort since it would be cheaper for them. ILs said they'd stay anywhere. I'm sure I'd be perfectly happy at CSR again, but the idea of the bunk beds is intruiging to me, considering we'll have a 2 and 5 year old.

3) Does Dreams Unlimited book with the AAA discount?

I'm sooooo excited. Since the only thing we have to fear is fear itself--I'm going to stop worrying about the economy and plan for the future!!! WDW here we come! :yay:

Dawn68PA
10-13-2008, 12:36 PM
My 2 cents is to go the 12/12-19 just to make sure you avoid those after Thanksgiving people. Because of the 5 day weekend I know there are people who think it's great to check in the day before Turkey day and stay the following week. It makes a nice long vacation without the kids missing too much school.

If you can swing it, I'd upgrade to WL. Personal opinion but I think it's absolutely beautiful and with the waterfalls and geyser. :goodvibes Just lovely, and I think they have activities for the kids too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read it on the dis. They will also have the carriage ride for the holidays going on during your stay too. Ride from WL to FW. :banana: I think CSR is stunning too, but WL would be new for you.