PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs or POFQ

ninahbear
10-13-2008, 08:53 AM
A friend of my was about to book her 6 night stay at POFQ when she found out a friend is a DVC member. So she can rent 4 nights in a studio at Saratoga Springs. My friend will then have to stay two nights at a different resort. If my math is correct she would save around $300 if they stayed at a value those two nights and rent the points. If she stays at a moderate it would be around $100 more than staying at POFQ the entire time instead of renting points. I hope that makes sense. Her family conists of her husband and two children - 12 and 7. What would you do?

mtmbyck
10-13-2008, 09:13 AM
I used to love POFQ but during my stay in 2006 I thought it was run down looking and I as not impressed.

I say do 2 nights at a value before SSR - this way you are not dissappointed after staying at luxury accommodations and moving to lower accommodations after. I was just at SSR on Wednesday to take some photos - our first stay is in March - and it is beautiful. Yes, it is big, but it is much more than POFQ. I especially love the planned activities they have all day for kids - crafts, poolside games, movies around the pool at night.......