PDA

View Full Version : Bwi????

bsbrady
10-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I just go the 2009 Unofficial Guide. I was reading thru the sections that rated the resorts by guests, ie. would you recommend, would you stay again. etc?

The BWI was the lowest ranked resort on property. It had a 67% approval rating. Can this really be the case? I was wondering if this was due to the ongoing construction that has been going on. I would like to hear opinions of people who have stayed there.:dance3: :dance3:

RMulieri
10-12-2008, 05:18 PM
I liked it well enough (love the Beach club).I did not like no counter service, or the fact that in order to get to any of the restaurants you have to go outside.the standard room views can also be pretty crappy.Both times I overlooked the front of the resort.Also the parking here STINKS.The rooms though were nice, as were the cms.Personally for the money i like the YC/BC better.

MickeyNicki
10-12-2008, 05:32 PM
While I have never stayed there we did book it for Oct 22-26 when we were offered the 40% off code. We have stayed at YC a few times and thought what the heck lets go for something different. We explored the BWI last June and I love the quiet pool area and the location is perfect for us since we love Epcot

Clotho
10-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Wow, that is awful! We stayed there in 2004 and really liked it. We are returning this year. I do have to note that a lot of reviews in recent years complained of the lack of refurbishment--things broken, dirty, bug ridden even! But luckily, it just underwent a floor-to-ceiling overhaul in the Inns, so it is really clean and lovely now. I have a feeling those reviews are going to turn around.

Personally, room aside, the amenities (some of the only nightlife left on property since PI closed, restaurants, etc) and proximity to World Showcase would make it worth it to me.

tiger4me2
10-12-2008, 07:26 PM
We have stayed three times at the BWI Innkeepers. The last two times was this past September after all the work was finished on the club level floor. The rooms look great. The resort looks great though they are still working on some parts still in good shape. Go to Allears.com & look at the reviews they gotten the better reviews. We like it going back next Sep 2009.:goodvibes

Desnik
10-12-2008, 07:44 PM
We stayed at the BWI once a few years ago and had a standard view room that looked at Epcot. Our view was of the Eiffel Tower! It was great. The quiet pool was so awesome and relaxing. We loved it and have since stayed at the BWV many times. We'll be back there in Jan. I love the decor, proximity to Epcot and MGM and all the great restaurants nearby. I do hate that there is no CS and it is a little bothersome to have to go outside to get to some food. But there is always room service!:thumbsup2
The renovations of the BWI rooms look really nice. I am very surprised that it got such poor ratings.

nascargirl
10-13-2008, 04:38 PM
bsbrady-Myself and sfbank just returned from the BWI. We were there from 10/4-10/8. My husband and I also stay there 3x a year up in CL and I can honestly say that is hard to believe. The resort is just about finished with all the major renovations. They are finishing up the lobby @ night. This takes place between 11-6 am. All of the rooms have been refurbished and are 100% better.:thumbsup2 The atmosphere @ night is something to experience. They have nightly entertainment for people of all ages. You can either take the boat or walk to either DHS or Epcot. The whole area offers fantastic places to dine. I look forward to our next trip this coming January.:banana:

bsbrady
10-13-2008, 06:05 PM
This is what shocked me about what I read. I have spent plenty of time around the boardwalk and love it. Well we are there from 12/10-12/16, so we will see then. I am looking forward to it.:thumbsup2

jackemail
10-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Just came back from my very first BWI stay---and it definitely will NOT be my last one! I am most likely going to book again for next October. We loved everything about it, especially the proximity to EPCOT and all the activities going on at the boardwalk at night. Gorgeous, wonderful, exciting place to stay.

portocall
10-13-2008, 11:26 PM
My mother swears by the BWI... I considered it myself, but decided that a monorail resort would be better considering my childrens ages. When they are teens, I am so hoping to stay there. I am not too surprised of the rate, however because it is the resort I see the least on these boards (along the Deluxes).

dawz1026
10-14-2008, 09:08 AM
We stayed once.Room was beautiful but a looong walk to elevator.Dh joked around and would sit in hallway chairs saying they put them there so people could rest on the way to the room lol it was funny..anyway it is very upscale and great to be there in the evening.They have no quick eats in the resort but right outside is The Boardwalk and everything is there.:wizard:

paladin
10-14-2008, 09:53 AM
We love BWI - it is where we have stayed for our last 5 trips and we will be there again in December. Can't wait to see the renovated rooms!

You just can't beat the location, especially if Epcot and/or DHS are where you spend the most time, as we do.

Booyakasha
10-14-2008, 10:58 AM
BWV are my favorite. Like everyone else said the location, the entertainment at night, the restaurants the whole Epcot resort area is magical. This is our first choice out of all the deluxe resorts.

B.

sfbank
10-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Like Nascargirl said we just got back from a girls trip and I'll be heading back again in May with DH, DD, and one of her friends. Meeting up again with Nascargirl and her DH. We love the BWI and would not stay anywhere else. The Innkeepers Club Level staff have become a second family to us and they make our stays so special. I can't believe it would get that many bad ratings. The Boardwalk at night is a great time and the resort is gorgeous, especially now that it is all refurbished.:cloud9: