PDA

View Full Version : WDW/Universal combo in December ......

U2_rocks!
10-12-2008, 02:54 PM
If we were planning a week at a timeshare resort near WDW and a couple of nights at a Universal resort, and our dates were approx Dec 11 - 20, would you put the Universal trip first or last? I'm thinking last, because we'd have FOTL during the busier time leading up to Xmas, and therefore would be at WDW during a slightly quieter time. Is this good logic? Even though the Universal parks will be quite busy (though not crazy) on Dec 18 - 20, with FOTL we should be able to do plenty each day, am I right?

sha_lyn
10-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I think you re usig good logic.
In general msot of us advise visiting US/IOA last anyway (especially if staying onsite). Considering your dates, it makes even more sense

donaldduck352
10-12-2008, 06:16 PM
If we were planning a week at a timeshare resort near WDW and a couple of nights at a Universal resort, and our dates were approx Dec 11 - 20, would you put the Universal trip first or last? I'm thinking last, because we'd have FOTL during the busier time leading up to Xmas, and therefore would be at WDW during a slightly quieter time. Is this good logic? Even though the Universal parks will be quite busy (though not crazy) on Dec 18 - 20, with FOTL we should be able to do plenty each day, am I right?

DO US LAST!!!Enjoy DW then go to US and enjoy FOTL!!!And please go with a open mind..DW is not US and vicea versa!!!!:thumbsup2

U2_rocks!
10-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Oh, don't worry, I love Universal, and I'll love it even more when the Harry Potter section is open! I've never taken my kids, though, and I'm more mindful of waiting times and lines and crowds when they are with me, because they have way less tolerance for that stuff than I do. Plus, when it's just me I can zip through crowds quickly and easily (had a great solo day 3 years ago). But I still remember skipping a couple of rides at IOA because the wait time was too long, and with FOTL that won't be too much of an issue I hope!