PDA

View Full Version : questions on Animal Kingdom

mommyoftwo08
10-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Can anyone give feedback on there bus transportation there?

Also, has anyone ever taken a cab to the grocery store from that location or know how far away one is?

Thank you!

MickeyNicki
10-12-2008, 08:00 AM
AKL is pretty far off the trail from I-4 and 192 but if you have a car with you it isnt that bad.

We will be there in 5 days so I will let you know about the buses but I have read that lately they are pretty good....they show up pretty regularly

mommyoftwo08
10-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Thank you. We're trying to determine if we should drive, fly and take ME, or hire a town car to stop us by the store from the airport.

IWISHFORDISNEY
10-12-2008, 08:56 AM
We had fantastic bus service at AKL. We never waited more than 5 min max for a bus to anywhere.

Yen Sid
10-12-2008, 09:17 AM
We were there in July and the buses ran really good for us too.

Beavertails Queen
10-12-2008, 11:08 AM
I was there is Sept. The buses were great! Never had to wait too long. I took the ME from the airport and that was great too. Super quick.

jerseymom473
10-12-2008, 11:36 AM
:) Save money and use ME. It is very good (&free!). For groceries, place an online order with wegoshop.com. Deivery is only $17. Marge is excellent, will get you the best prices and will coordinate delivery with you on you cell when you get in. Her service was great!!!

iluvpluto27
10-12-2008, 01:24 PM
We've just returned from 18 nights at AKL and I thought the bus service was very good, with I would guess average 5 minute waits. There were only 1 occasion when I was really unhappy with the service, and that was when we were wanting to watch Wishes. We were at the bus stop for 8pm (giving us an hour to get to MK), and a bus didn't turn up for over 45 minutes. In this time period there were 4 buses for Epcot, 4 for DHS and 3 for DTD. We and everyone who was waiting ended up missing Wishes, which I was a bit gutted about.

On the whole though it was a very good service and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again without a car.

mommyoftwo08
10-12-2008, 01:31 PM
:) Save money and use ME. It is very good (&free!). For groceries, place an online order with wegoshop.com. Deivery is only $17. Marge is excellent, will get you the best prices and will coordinate delivery with you on you cell when you get in. Her service was great!!!
Awesome! Thank you for the tip about wegoshop.com. I was going to try Garden Grocer, but will give Marge a call instead. I appreciate it.

busymomma123
10-12-2008, 03:03 PM
We had fantastic bus service at AKL. We never waited more than 5 min max for a bus to anywhere.

Same here.:goodvibes