PDA

View Full Version : WL transportation

cinderellasmom
10-12-2008, 07:17 AM
We will be staying at WL for the first time beginning of Nov. :woohoo: My dh has read some negative things regarding transportation. :scared1: Is there bus service to the MK along with the boats? Does the bus go directly or stop at other resorts? We have stayed at AS and Pop and are used to buses. Is the boat a long ride? Any transportation advice would be appreciated!:yay:

bookwormde
10-12-2008, 07:36 AM
The boat ride is a quick 8-12 minutes (next time ther I am actually going to time it), as with the busses there are wait times but my experience is that the boat wait times are typically less than the busses. The bus trip to and from MK is a very fast 2-4 minutes I would guess. I was there in August and had no problems with transportation.

Perceptually the boat trip does not seem that much longer than the bus since it is so much fun and there is so much to look at.

bookwormde

GoofyFairie
10-12-2008, 07:58 AM
My familt prefers the boat to MK over the bus. It is part of the charm of the park. It is a great way to unwind from the day at MK and relax a bit. You are going to have an awesome trip!

jerseymom473
10-12-2008, 08:33 AM
The boat ride is direct to MK . It is so nice that you will not think of it as transportation!:)

We had no problems with any buses at WL! You will love the WL! Unfortunately, you will get spoiled and may never want to stay anywhere else!!!:)

mickeynut1
10-12-2008, 08:37 AM
The two times we've stayed at the WL we never had any problems with the transportation......boat or bus ;). We never experienced long waits or too much overcrowding. We did prefer the boat when going to the MK :goodvibes. Have a great trip :wizard:. You'll love the WL :thumbsup2.

fla4fun
10-12-2008, 08:51 AM
I was there for two weeks in September, and although I had a car, I saved gasoline and used Disney transportation exclusively. I had no complaints.

I used both the boat and the bus to MK. I felt the trip itself was shorter on the bus, and I enjoyed the A/C during the hot weather. But it is a longer walk into the park from the bus. I found the bus to be more convenient if I was trying to get from WL to another resort, as it drops you off where all the other MK buses come in, making for good connections. I did this one day when I wanted to go to WS at Epcot as well - took the MK bus from WL, then the YC/BC bus from MK and walked in. It also depends on where your room in the lodge is located. I was in the villas, so the bus stop was much closer than the boat dock. If you are on the north side of WL, the boat will be closer, and if you are on the south side (unless you are all the way at the back) the bus will be closer.

The only bus that I waited more than 10 minutes for was the DTD bus, which seems to be notoriously slow no matter what resort you stay in. I waited about 25 minutes for that one.

IWISHFORDISNEY
10-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Our transportation was not the best. The boat to MK was the best bet and a nice ride. Buses to Epcot and DTD were terrible. One day it took 1 1/2 hours to get from Epcot back to the lodge. We rented a car. Sorry to be the bummer but it was not up to par with AKL or POP transportation who dont share buses.

pepe of ohio
10-12-2008, 09:31 AM
We've logged 41 trips to WDW, having stayed at deluxes only and the last 19 trip, we've stayed at WL, best deluxe for the buck. On a scale of 1-10, best being best, in all our staqys at the lodge, bus travel rates 8, straight bus shot to MK but the boat is our favorite, love being on the water. Only real issues with the buses seems to be the DTD bus takes the longest in wait time but who knows anymore but for getting anywhere on property, and we never use or rent a car in all our trips, WL has been and will continue to be our resort of choice.

jess20k
10-12-2008, 03:15 PM
We stayed there this past Jan. It is a great resort! It is now our favorite so far! Anyway, we loved taking the boat to the MK, it is a nice relaxing and pleasant ride. It does take a little bit longer than the bus...but it is so worth it! We really did not have any major problems with the buses...I think once or twice we had to wait about 20 minutes, but the rest of the time, the bus came in about 5-10 minutes. We did usually share a bus with FW, I cannot remember what parks, but I know we did share with that resort from time to time.

Have fun! It is a gorgeous resort!!!! :thumbsup2

J&K'sPrincessMommy
10-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Can you wheel a stroller right onto the boat or do you have to fold it up?

EnnEss
10-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Our transportation was not the best. The boat to MK was the best bet and a nice ride. Buses to Epcot and DTD were terrible. One day it took 1 1/2 hours to get from Epcot back to the lodge. We rented a car. Sorry to be the bummer but it was not up to par with AKL or POP transportation who dont share buses.

The buses are centrally run, and one stay isnt representative of overall service, the resorts are all largely equal except some share buses, poly, gf, cr, etc., and the values are always the busiest and have the longest lines.

It can take a long time if the buses mess up anywhere, ive stayed at WL a couple times and never experienced anywhere near that kind of wait time. you can also take a different boat to CR, which is very fast, and hop the monorail. Its not faster than a bus, but its kinda neat, from there you can get to the TTC and take a monorail to epcot.

Endeavour105
10-13-2008, 08:35 AM
For up-to-date information on WDW Watercraft Transportation Operations on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, see the following link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1646456

:surfweb:

TimPaulaDisney08
10-13-2008, 10:48 AM
The buses are centrally run, and one stay isnt representative of overall service, the resorts are all largely equal except some share buses, poly, gf, cr, etc., and the values are always the busiest and have the longest lines.

It can take a long time if the buses mess up anywhere, ive stayed at WL a couple times and never experienced anywhere near that kind of wait time. you can also take a different boat to CR, which is very fast, and hop the monorail. Its not faster than a bus, but its kinda neat, from there you can get to the TTC and take a monorail to epcot.

I agree! Ask anyone at the desk & they will all give you different answers about when the buses come & what the schedule is (truth is they don't know!). We were there in Sept. & waited 40 min for a bus to AK. Found out the 1st bus never came due to driver issues. Other than that, we never waited more than 10 min for a bus (less for MK buses--love those!). All buses were shared with GF or FW except MK bus. I was quite happy with the transportation. We did not use the DTD bus--we used the Villa tour to drop us off there for shopping!:)

troynkasey
10-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Can you wheel a stroller right onto the boat or do you have to fold it up?

You can wheel it right on, but there is a bit of a lip when you wheel it on. You wouldn't be able to keep your child in it naturally. If it's crowded, you'll be asked to fold it up to make more room for riders. There is an area they rope off and we always parked our stroller right there and it worked out perfectly fine doing that.

SplashMtnCrew
10-13-2008, 11:59 AM
We've never had any trouble with transportation at the WL. Some of the buses pickup and drop off at GF or the campground, but it doesn't seem to take up precious park time. I've heard negatives about the transportation, but I have none.

upquinby
10-14-2008, 11:44 PM
We had some real issues with bus transportation (long waits, overcrowding) last year, but have never had any problems with the boat. Plus, there is something about a boat that is just more fun than a bus, don't you think? lol