PDA

View Full Version : Tipping Mousekeeping?

shortie4615
10-11-2008, 09:28 PM
How much do you tip per night for mousekeeping? I'm staying at POR and I wanted to set aside the $ before I leave. Thanks for the help!! :)

catne
10-11-2008, 09:30 PM
$1 per person in the room per night. An extra bit at the end of the stay if they've done a really good job.

orangecats2
10-12-2008, 04:28 AM
I had originally planned $2 per day since it was just me and my DH at Sports but he said it should be $3 per day. Well we did that the first day but since she gave us a towel animal and did some cute things he said it should be $4 per day so that is what it was until the last day. On saturday we came back and could just tell that it was a different mousekeeper so on the last day we left her a little less since she hadn't been our "regular" all week.

kimsuenew
10-12-2008, 04:39 AM
How much do you tip per night for mousekeeping? I'm staying at POR and I wanted to set aside the $ before I leave. Thanks for the help!! :)

We actually did $5.00 a night (there are three of us).

luvmikids
10-12-2008, 04:48 AM
We do $1 per person per day, envelopes are pre-printed and already stuffed:thumbsup2

Brise Nannie
10-12-2008, 07:06 AM
We do $1 per person per day, envelopes are pre-printed and already stuffed:thumbsup2

In the past we've made up pre-printed envelopes too and had them stuffed before we leave. This year I totally forgot about doing that. Better get started...have 55 days to go! We leave $3 per day and there are 2 of us and we keep our room pretty neat/clean.

griz_fan
10-12-2008, 10:47 AM
In the past we've made up pre-printed envelopes too and had them stuffed before we leave. This year I totally forgot about doing that. Better get started...have 55 days to go! We leave $3 per day and there are 2 of us and we keep our room pretty neat/clean.

So when you say the envelopes are pre-printed, what do you have printed on them? I like the idea of having that ready ahead of time, one less thing to worry about while enjoying our trip.

thanks!

marymal99
10-12-2008, 10:52 AM
We print MOUSKEEPING in the Disney font and then we each decorate a couple of envelopes with stickers, My daughter uses princess stickers Me and My son like Mickey stickers
:wizard:

sm04
10-12-2008, 11:00 AM
So when you say the envelopes are pre-printed, what do you have printed on them? I like the idea of having that ready ahead of time, one less thing to worry about while enjoying our trip.

thanks!

Here are a few you can print out..

http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/trip/mousekeeping.shtml

Also, if you check the Disigner thread, many talented people have come up with some great ones that you can print out. Here is a link to some by disney_michelle

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg91/disney_michelle/mousekeeping%20envelopes/

Hope that helps! :)

luvmikids
10-12-2008, 12:16 PM
we, too, used mouse for less site and printed a cute scene of all the characters and their is a line that says Thank you from the _______ and just put you name on it. Can't wait you guys, we have 8 more days until we load the car and make our way down to the airport!!!!! EEEEEEE I can't stand it!:cheer2:

Big_Al_316
10-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Great idea. We will make these up ahead

eeyoresnr
10-12-2008, 09:51 PM
we leave $5 per day for the 2 of us

LoriZH
10-12-2008, 10:26 PM
5 of us or 2 of us we do $5 per day....I highly suggest the envelopes because they're so cute and personable. I had my kids make their own one time, but usually we just leave the cash on the pillow :) HAVE FUN on your trip!!

wezee
10-13-2008, 09:21 AM
We always make up envelopes ahead of time....so easy just to grab one out of the luggage evey morning. For DH and I we always leave $5. Our great mousekeeper this year made me an addorable puppy dog towel animal, so she got extra the next day!:thumbsup2