PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club 5 nights, thinking of splitting stay 2 nights Poly or GF

Carrie in AZ
10-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Ugh....why do I do this to myself????!!! :lmao: We've always wanted to stay at the Beach Club and we are booked there for five nights in November. But, I've always wanted to stay at the Poly and the GF, too, and now I'm thinking of splitting our stay with three nights at BC and then booking the last two nights at Poly or GF. A 3/2 split seems like too short of a time, though, as in not worth going to the work of packing up and moving for only two nights. We're planning another trip for next November to celebrate our 20th anniversary and would love to stay at the Poly or GF or BCV on the next trip, so that is one reason I want to split this stay -- so that I can try out the other resorts to see where we'd most like to stay next year.

Has anyone done such a short split stay before? Am I nuts? Please share your thoughts with me. Thanks so much!

BTW, we're a family of four with two princesses ages 8 and 4. Stormalong Bay great appeals to us as well as being able to walk to Epcot. But the Poly and GF theming and monorail really appeal to us as well.

ChanStrong
10-11-2008, 02:38 PM
I agree it seems a little short to pack up, move, then unpack again.... especially when you could be relaxing. Beach Club is great anyway! BUT, maybe you could book a dinner reservation at GF or Poly and check things out so you will have an idea of what you would like for you next stay.

I will say I have never done a split stay (our first one is coming up in February). So this is an uneducated opinion. I do know bell services will move your luggage for you. I just think the packing up would be a pain after only a few nights.

But if you still really want to and don't mind the packing...Go for it!

jerseymom473
10-11-2008, 03:03 PM
We did a 4/3 split stay at WL and BC. While it turned out to be pretty easy, we checked out of WL at 11:00 , we took a cab with all our stuff with a stop at Hess Mart to replenish snacks etc, we were in our room by 11:30. That said, it was a pain for me as a mom with three kids, knowing I had to pack up everyone the night before hung over my head and kept me from totally relaxing and the first resort. (Kind of like a 'mini get ready to go home" feeling).:) Then I did not let anyone to unpack too much at the second resort('we are going home soon!') I also was worried about transporting all our left over water bottles, drinks etc (took them!) That may just be me, I worry about stupid stuff!

On the plus side you do get to experience two resorts which is nice. The walk to Epcot from BC can't be beat. On the negative, there are not alot of quick food options at BC and SAB is large and crowded and not really the best (IMHO) for younger kids, though your older child should be fine.

Maybe do one resort and book a meal at the other to see if you get the "I really like it here feeling" like the PP mentioned. Good luck with your decision enjoy either way!!!:)

disneyorvegas
10-11-2008, 10:42 PM
I split a stay once in the middle of a week-long trip, and it was a hassle! And I didn't even change hotels, just the room, and the room was right next door! (We were getting the connecting room to my mom's.) As the mom, and the only one who does any packing, it just seemed like a huge waste of time. We also stayed at ASMo for the first night and then switched to the Poly for the rest of the trip (we landed late at night), and we really wouldn't do that again either. IMHO, I think it is more trouble than it is worth. But then, I am also the one doing ALL of the work.

Don't forget, you can always ask to see a room while you are visiting the Poly or GF. Just ask the front desk - they may be able to accomodate you.

TJA
10-11-2008, 11:35 PM
I like the idea of staying at the BC for the 5 nights and booking a dinner ressie at Poly or GF. You can eat at one of them and then monorail to the other one to check that one out too. Or, in the alternative, can you possibly stay an additional 2 nights? Maybe make the split 4 and 3? Or 5 and 2? I will say we've done a split stay with toddlers and while it went smoothly, I'm not sure if I'd do it again simply because I never had that "settled" feeling. It was fun to try and we didn't have any problems with the move, but now that I have time to reflect I think I'd rather settle in one place for the duration of the trip.

mickeynut1
10-12-2008, 08:51 AM
We've never done a split stay for the reasons already mentioned....too much hassle for me :confused:. If I were going for 10+ nights, I'd do it.....but staying 3/2 seems like alot of work :confused3. ALOT of people do split stays and love it......it's just a matter of preference. One thing to keep in mind is you will have to check out of your first resort by 11:00 a.m. and your room may not be ready until later in the day at your second resort :sad2:. Disney will transfer your luggage for you with no problem.....but you may be without a room for the better part of the day :rolleyes1. I won't say do it or not do it as we've never experienced a split stay, but just think about all the packing/unpacking that needs to be done and decide for yourself if it's worth it or not for YOU. The BC is an awesome resort and I think you'll have a great time :thumbsup2. Good luck deciding......you'll have a great trip no matter what you decide :).

rcraw45425
10-12-2008, 08:58 AM
We did a split stay once (WL to Poly) and it was a hassle. Part of it was due to mixed info from Poly (come on now, room is ready, only to arrive and it was NOt ready till after 5PM). I echo the thoughts of a previous poster, book a dinner over in that area and check it out, then book anotherv stay at a later date. We love the monorail area, but if you'll look at our signature you'll see taht we are beginning to book the YC/BC as our girls get older. Main reason for that is taht it seems easier to get a room there. The convenience of the monorail is great though and GF is our all time favorite. If a room opend there right now for our stay I'd be booking it in a heartbeat, F&W or not!

ETA: Slap me in the face, I just switched to the Poly for this trip to be able to use my PIN code. Booked it for the same rate I had at BC with AAA.

bookwormde
10-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I like to do splits (typically 2+/5/2 with the 5 being a DVC villa) but I do not think even with enjoying doing splits that I would do a 2/3 or a 3/2

Bookwormde

anita46
10-12-2008, 12:21 PM
We've done split stays..but only on trips over 7 nights.

And even with a longer stay I would need a good reason...changing hotels is adding another layer of stress to the vacation...Good luck

Dawn68PA
10-12-2008, 01:56 PM
I agree with most and wouldn't recommend a split, especially on such a short visit.

hill6
10-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Beach Club is great. I would just stay there. I agree with the posters that say to book a dinner or lunch over at the other hotels. We stayed at the Beach Club two years in a row and it was great.

mickey2minnie1
10-12-2008, 02:10 PM
I agree with the many others who said to stay put and visit the others with a dining ressie.:thumbsup2

roliepolieoliefan
10-12-2008, 02:16 PM
We did a split stay once, 7 nights at the BWV and 3 nights at the BCV. And even with that long of a stay , the whole family thought it was a hassle.

I would just stay at the BC. Its a great resort, we're staying there in 2 weeks. :thumbsup2

Carrie in AZ
10-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks so much, everyone!:thumbsup2

We have been to both the Poly and GF for meals in the past, and I know I like the resorts. We just wanted to experience the rooms, pools and transportation.

Still not sure what we're going to do, but I think we'll probably stick with our five nights at the BC. My husband is a huge help all the way around, but I still would be the one thinking and planning "the move" and I just don't know if I want to go down that road or not.

Thanks SO MUCH again!!! You were all very kind to reply!!!:yay: