PDA

View Full Version : POR or CBR for adults.

Disneylovingmom
10-11-2008, 10:18 AM
We have stayed at POR and all the value resorts. We love POR, and my husband has no desire to try anything else. I'd like to try CBR on our next trip, but I wonder if we'd be disappointed. We love the peacefulness and the landscaping of POR. Would CBR be noisier and more crowded? I thought maybe with the new pool, there would be more crowds. I've also read about how huge the resort is, and wondered how much walking we'd have to do to get to the food court. I thought maybe someone out there has stayed at both, and might give me some insight. Thanks!

MariaElleršoš
10-11-2008, 10:33 AM
I would ask your hubby to take a look at the pictures of CBR to see if he shows any interest. He may just like the themeing of POR. Anytime I ask my hubby which resort he wants to stay in he always responds with CBR which thank goodness is also my favorite resort.

CBR is so serene and peaceful! Yes, the resort is large, however, that is what we love about the resort. We spend all day in the crowded parks it's so wonderful to come back to a quiet and peaceful resort. The times we have gone CBR was completely booked, but we never encountered any type of crowd. Actually the only time we ever saw other guests were a couple walking across the bridge on our way to OPR and at the food court for breakfast...which never had lines. There were maybe 20 people in the main pool and we always had the quiet pool to ourselves.

CBR is very romantic! We love walking along the pathways, dancing on the island, laying in the hammocks with the stars shining above. If you choose CBR I hope you love it as much as we do! It truly does feel like a vacation within a vacation!

safetymom
10-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I think CBR is every bit as quiet as POR is. At the main pool at CBR there is now a cool spa behind the pirate fort. It is a great place to lounge for adults because it is very quiet there.

jwwi
10-11-2008, 10:52 AM
I have stayed at both many times. In fact I will be going back to POR next Thursday.:banana: Our last stay was Nov 2007, we loved it once again. I like to eat breakfast at Boatrights, take the boat to DTD and stay in AB section.

My last stay at CBR was Feb 2008, and I really enjoyed the larger rooms. I liked the tropical feel of the resort too. The new pool was not opened, but we spent most of our time in the parks anyway.

In the past when you needed guest services you would have to go to the room check in area at CBR, which is very far from the food court/shop/pool complex. During our last visit, guest services was closed when we checked in after 10pm, but we could buy our passes at OPR. That was a nice change, I guess that is one way to get you closer to the shops.

If you do decide to stay at CBR in the future, my favorite area is Jamaica (sp?). It is a nice walk over the bridge, the colors are a pretty yellow and blue, and has a nice quiet pool.

BarbieGal457
10-11-2008, 10:59 AM
I've never stayed at POR, but CBR was sooo peaceful and relaxing. I loved laying in the hammocks on the beach after a long day in the parks relaxing. We were in Jamaica, and it was maybe a 5 minute walk, not even, to the food court. The main pool was noisy when I was there in 2006, but the quiet poors were very nice and quiet. The resort was definitely large but beautiful. I would definitely give it a try!

Disneylovingmom
10-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks, everyone!!! Now I can't wait to try it!

MariaElleršoš
10-11-2008, 11:17 AM
It really is a fantastic resort! There are some great photo's on the CBR FAQ as well as in the Resort Photo's link.

If you're hubby refuses to try another resort you could always tell him POR is booked solid. LOL

Momof2Disneyboys
10-12-2008, 09:41 AM
My DH and I prefer CBR over the other mods for many reasons ~ Beautiful grounds, white sand beaches, hammocks by the lake, Caribbean music playing quietly everywhere, a relaxing tropical feel, a beautiful bridge and island, great and huge food court, friendly CM's, double sinks in the bathroom with LOTS of storage space underneath, and the LARGEST rooms of all the moderates! All that, PLUS a brand new zero entry pool. It’s like a vacation within a vacation, a “leave your worries at the door” kind of place! :goodvibes

That being said, we have not stayed at POR yet. But I'm sure we probably will someday. As much as we love :lovestruc CBR, we do love to try new things!

kimis
10-12-2008, 09:54 AM
We love POR and my dh won't stay anywhere else either. We feel like we are going home.

OllieDannyandMe
10-12-2008, 11:07 AM
if for no other reason than the rooms are all currently being refurbished.

There is nothing like new paint, carpet, and furniture to make you feel like you are in a special place.

We stayed at CBR in 2003 and were a little disappointed. To be fair to the resort, though, we had only stayed in deluxes (that was our first moderate) and the room had worn carpet and furniture.

The actual resort (beaches, pools, shops, food court) we LOVED. And CBR even has a new pool with zero entry. I would definitely stay at CBR again.

MickeyNicki
10-12-2008, 06:30 PM
We have stayed at both many times and DH prefers the CBR because of the theming and I like POR because of the huge gift shop, CS choices and the front desk being in the same building as both of them.

Both are very nice and both are just as noisy

SGMCO
10-12-2008, 06:37 PM
We have stayed in all the MODs except CBR and will be trying
it this coming year. Out of the other 3 MODs POR is our favorite
but looking at the Pics of CBR, I'm getting excited about staying there.
Most of the resort rooms are getting a make over.
We are going to be in one of the newly remodeled Pirate rooms.
The remodeled Pool looks great. After we've tryed CBR then
we will decide which MOD to return to in future trips.
It may be between POR and CBR.