PDA

View Full Version : Could I get some advice?

lacy1101
10-11-2008, 09:07 AM
On a quick trip this past August, we booked bounceback for October '09.:cool1: Currently, we're booked at AS Sports (the only value we haven't stayed at). I'm debating now about switching back to Pop (it would be our 3rd stay there) or trying to come up with the extra $600 to stay at a moderate (looking at POR). It is me, DH, DS-17, and DD-14. Since we've been a family of 4, we've always stayed at the values, but on our recent 3-day trip, it felt just a little more crowded than before (probably due to the ages of our children?). FWIW, we usually don't spend a lot of time in our room or at the resort.

Any thoughts? If I stick with the value, will we enjoy AS Sports? If we switch to a moderate, will we enjoy POR? Unforutnately, a deluxe is not an option. Thanks!

MickeyMomOfThree
10-11-2008, 09:12 AM
We have been to all the AllStars at least one, we will be at Sports for our 3rd time in a row next month. We have been very pleased with Sports. The busses are (IMO) the best of the AllStars, you are first to be picked up in the AM and first to be dropped off in the PM. We have nothing but good things to say about all of the AllStars. My favorite for themeing is Movies, but free dining at Sports makes me happiest. Just my $.02. for me, I'd rather have the $600 to spend on other things, but that is just me. If you are more into the resort and have the money that is probably good for you.

lacy1101
10-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks for your response, MickeyMom. Glad to know you enjoyed AS Sports. Anyone else?

Uno Mas
10-13-2008, 10:59 AM
I didn't really enjoy it at all and we only stayed for one night before moving to POR. I found the rooms to be small and worn and although we don't spend much time in the room, we like a resort that has things to do after the parks close. At least a lobby area with a lounge. POR has a great lounge right down the hall from the arcade so it was a much better choice for us - we could unwind with a couple beers and the kids could play games. AS had nothing like that for us.

matt&jakesmom
10-13-2008, 11:19 AM
We stayed at the Sports last year and enjoyed it. However, like you we only really use the resort for sleeping purposes. We did stay at POR back in 2005 and just came back from POFQ last month. POR has bike, boat and carriage rentals to take advantage of. POR also has an area for cane fishing. Moderates usually have the little extras that the values don't have. They also have a boat ride from their resort to DTD which is a nice change of pace from a bus.

My advice is that if you have the extra $600 and are staying for a week (to take advantage of the resort activities) and have never been to a moderated, I would switch. I hope this helps. In the end whatever you decide it will be a great trip because you will all be together in WDW!

SnowWtch
10-13-2008, 12:42 PM
I've never been partial to Sports but I love POP. It's my value of choice since we usually can't afford anything else.

cheerforchelsea
10-13-2008, 04:18 PM
I have stayed at all of the values and POP would be my choice in that category. The rooms at all of the value resorts are a little small for my liking so I can understand that you may feel a bit crowded. If I have to renew my AP then I do a value - if not, I much prefer a moderate.......:sad2:

JennPaMom
10-13-2008, 06:15 PM
We stayed in Sports in Dec and we had a great time! The rooms were clean and the food court served our family well. The bus service was outstanding! We are going back next Dec and can't decide between Sports and Pop. We thought about Pop to try something new, but would not hesitate to go to Sports again. HTH. Good luck deciding.

noahdove
10-13-2008, 06:54 PM
we were at the Assp in August and it was great..maybe you try the Family Suite at the ASMu....it might give you more room:) Just a thought..