PDA

View Full Version : Becca's Wish Trip........Update:September 2011.....Photo's....Sorta :)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

llurgy
10-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Hi all,
We are in the early stages of a M-A-W trip, maybe I shouldnt even be posting yet but I cant wait!:cloud9:
I am so excited for my Daughter! We have just be told today via a phone call that our 12 year old daughter Rebecca has qualified for a Wish.

We haven't a date yet, in fact we haven't even been assigned volunteers yet but we don't care, she has a WISH!

All this started only last week when I asked a question about certain booking dates for WDW on the planning forum. Becca has some disabilities and so we were wanting to go at the quietest part of the year so she wouldn't have to spend all of her precious energy waiting in lines. Several people suggested we try to get her a wish, I just pooh-poohed the idea as not being conceivable but after a neighbour suggested the same thing I thought well it cant hurt to try.
I filled out an online referral last Thursday night and I received a reply on Friday morning asking for more detailed info.
I sent more info and received a phone call on the following Monday saying that she had gotten through the pre-screening process and now it would be dependant on what information our Doctor supplied them with as far as qualifying.
They sent forms out for medical information release on Wednesday, they were filled in and sent back by yesterdays mail. They must have received it this morning, faxed it to our Doctor, he must have written his referral and faxed it straight back as we got a phone call this afternoon telling us that she had qualified for a Wish! Whew speedy or what??

We now have to wait 2 to 4 weeks for our volunteers to come visiting :)

A little bit of background on Becca.

She was 3 years old when we started thinking something wasnt quite right. She was never an energetic child and started to walk quite late, we just thought she was a little lazy. Instead of doing more and more walking, she seemed to do less as she became tired quite quickly.
In the summer of 1999 just a few months after her 3rd birthday she finished up in hospital for a few weeks with Pneumonia. She would have been released after about a week but they wouldnt let her go because her O2 levels wouldnt go up past 94%. After the second week they finally let her home after making an appointment for the week after to have an heart echo.

We went for the echo and nothing was found and it kinda got left at that for a while.

Fast-forward to January 2000. We found her nearly unconscious on the floor at the side of her bed. We rushed her to the local Hospital where they immediately transfered her to the nearest big Hospital in Columbus Ohio because her O2 counted was only 70% and she wasnt responding to supplemental oxygen. They would have air lifted her but we had a snowstorm happening and the helicopter wasnt flying so we had to slip and slide the 90 miles there in an ambulance on an empty interstate, it was scary, all the sensible people were not out on the roads that night.

After 3 weeks in hospital with the Docs scratching their heads we finally got a diagnosis.
Rebecca was diagnosed with HHT a genetic disease, you can find out about it just by doing a search on Google now, but then there was hardly anything written about it at all, only one doctor in the hospital had even heard of it and they had no idea what to do with Becca.

Becca presents with malformations in her lungs. Basically when her blood is pumped through her heart into her lungs if it passes through one of these malformations it short circuits straight back into her heart. The blood doesn't pick up Oxygen and neither does it get filtered. She has hundreds of these malformations all over her lungs. They have already blocked up the large ones but there are so many tiny diffuse ones that they can only work on a very select few. She has undergone 3 procedures to try and bring up her oxygen levels, she has had the bottom segment of her right lung totally blocked off as that segment and nearly all malformations and hardly any workable lung.

In the years that have passed her O2 saturations have steadily declined, she is now hovering about 72% when laying down and just under 70% when upright.
Her blood has thickened and she is now at severe risk from Blood clots and abscesses on the brain so she has to have antibiotics for every little thing like going to the dentists etc.

She is now homeschooled. She did go to school but it was too much for her energy levels so she started to go 1/2 day only. She is quite immune suppressed and takes ages to get over any little sickness. She was spending so much time sick from school that we finally have to pull her out and the school provided a tutor in home.
The tutor just wasnt enough (only 1 hour per day) so we finally gave up on it and I started homeschooling.
At home Becca looks like any other girl her age, bar being a bit on the blue colored side and very skinny (she only weighs 57lb bless her) but when we go out we have to take the wheelchair everywhere we go, even to Walmart. Oxygen goes everywhere we go also. The Oxygen doesnt give her more oxygen, it just makes it easier to get if she goes into distress.

Becca knows she is going to WDW, we told her we had applied for a wish and she knew where she might be staying if the wish came through.
When we told her about GKTW village all she said was ""Oh great I can make some friends there!"" She is quite lonely bless her, we live very rural and because she doesnt attend school she has only very few friends whom accept the fact that she cant run r even walk for a long time and the fact that she cant play in the heat *** it makes her sick.
I dont even think that she cares about Disney as much as she cares about staying in the Village.

I think I have written a book!! Sorry, its probably more than anyone would want to know, I got carried away.

I am sure that I am going to have loads and loads of questions.
Till next time
Mandy

darlabru
10-11-2008, 08:16 AM
I am so happy you were granted a wish. I hope you guys have the most magical time ever. Your daughter so deserves this

llurgy
10-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Question:

Has anyone on a Make-A-Wish trip not gone to their destination via plane?

I have read loads of trip reports and it seems that everyone has flown to their trip destination.
We have been told that to make sure that Becca can cope with the cabin pressure she would have to be tested in an anearobaric chamber first. We would also have to have oxygen on the plane and once we got there. Because of this we were going to drive and in fact driving is preferable so we dont have to think about what may happen.

So, has anyone driven the Make-A-Wish journey?
We live in Ohio so I am talking about around a 1000 miles.

Mandy

Tikifan67
10-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm so glad Becca is going on a Wish trip! She certainly deserves it after all she's been through.

llurgy
10-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Becca is not a Princess kind of a girl, she says she doesnt want to go to any character meals. I quizzed her some more and she said that she may go to a character meal if there was a Monsters Inc one with Mike Thingy-ski and Scully.
Do they have Monsters Inc Character meals?

Mandy

jmskinner
10-13-2008, 05:24 PM
I am so glad Becca got her wish! You are going to have a wonderful trip.

Wish I knew the answer about driving, but I would think there have been other children unable to fly.

I don't believe there are any character meals with the Monster Inc guys, but she can meet them in HS and also see the Laugh Floor. She will probably love that.

Since she is not interested in character meals, I would let her look in a planning guide or there are several websites that describe the restaurants available at WDW and let her pick out some. How old is she?

I am looking forward to hearing about your planning and then also your trip!

llurgy
10-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I am so glad Becca got her wish! You are going to have a wonderful trip.

Wish I knew the answer about driving, but I would think there have been other children unable to fly.

I don't believe there are any character meals with the Monster Inc guys, but she can meet them in HS and also see the Laugh Floor. She will probably love that.

Since she is not interested in character meals, I would let her look in a planning guide or there are several websites that describe the restaurants available at WDW and let her pick out some. How old is she?

I am looking forward to hearing about your planning and then also your trip!

Thank you,
I didnt think they did meals because did try and find if there was character dining and I wasnt coming up with anything. You confirmed it for me.

She is 12 years old and because of her hypoglycemia she has to eat little but often. She enjoys a good Filet and loves mozzarella sticks and quesadilla's. Doesnt like Fries....LOL:laughing:

oklamomof4boys
10-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Congrats on the wish trip! We are going on ours next month! Don't apologize for all the details- I love all the details!

We are flying on our trip but I know there are others who have driven. I can't wait to hear all of your plans.

Carol

llurgy
10-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Congrats on the wish trip! We are going on ours next month! Don't apologize for all the details- I love all the details!

We are flying on our trip but I know there are others who have driven. I can't wait to hear all of your plans.

Carol

Carol,
I have read your wish trip, your life sounds very busy with your 4 boys, I can tell your worship them and your DH.
I cant wait to hear more and Nathan is a cutie :)

llurgy
10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I thought we had better introduce ourselves :)

This is my Darling Hubbie David (47 years old) and Myself (44 years old)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/DavidandI.jpg

The is the Star of the show and our small family, Becca (12 years old)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/HappyBecca.jpg

Becca at Cabela's posing in a Davy Crockett hat
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Cabelas.jpg

We have a Baby Jogger Stroller for walking on trails and such. Becca cant do a lot of walking and we were becoming really "un-fit" as a result of it so we invested in the stroller so we could enjoy the great outdoors once again. It enables Becca to do the bit of walking she can do and gives her somewhere to collapse when done...LOL.
Becca and Daddy
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/TheBuggyJogger.jpg

Becca pretending she had walked to the 4 mile post marker
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Rebeccapretending.jpg

Me not pretending
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Menotpretending.jpg

So thats our little family. We moved over to the States from England in 1999 so we haven't any family over here, consequently we are very close. This will be the first vacation we have been on since landing in the states all those years ago. The plan was to visit England every couple of years but because of Becca's illness we only managed to go back once in 2000. We miss family from home but are grateful that DH's Mum comes over once a year to visit.

Mandy

jmskinner
10-14-2008, 01:14 PM
What a great smile Becca has! She is beautiful. Obviously you are due a great family vacation after all those years. Looking forward to reading a TR!
Melissa

AshleyMWC
10-14-2008, 02:10 PM
I just stumbled across your TR and I am definitely on board to hear all about your journey! I love reading about WISH trips and GKTW really does look like an awesome place to stay. I know that Becca said that she didn't want to do character meals, but you should see if maybe she would be interested in just one with Mickey and friends! They are so much fun- and this is from a 27 year old with no kids :goodvibes I also read where Becca likes Monster Inc, and since I am headed down to the World in a few days, I was wondering if you would like a postcard mailed to her with their autographs?? I love that movie also, and I thought it might be a nice little surprise for her!

Best of luck planning and I can't wait to hear more!!! :thumbsup2

llurgy
10-14-2008, 04:46 PM
I just stumbled across your TR and I am definitely on board to hear all about your journey! I love reading about WISH trips and GKTW really does look like an awesome place to stay. I know that Becca said that she didn't want to do character meals, but you should see if maybe she would be interested in just one with Mickey and friends! They are so much fun- and this is from a 27 year old with no kids :goodvibes I also read where Becca likes Monster Inc, and since I am headed down to the World in a few days, I was wondering if you would like a postcard mailed to her with their autographs?? I love that movie also, and I thought it might be a nice little surprise for her!

Best of luck planning and I can't wait to hear more!!! :thumbsup2

Oh!! HOW KIND OF YOU!! That would be just Awesome for her.

Is the Mickey and Friends CM at Chrystal Palace?? She does like Goofy and Pluto so maybe she would go for that one. LOL!! She is the proverbial Tomboy in all of her toys except for her plush animals. But even in the plushes she has bats and spiders and dinosaurs, only very few Teddies. She looked at me in disgust when I asked her if she would like to meet any Princesses at a CM:rotfl:

I will shoot you a PM with my mailing address if the offer for the postcard is still open.

You have a great trip to Disney you kid at heart you :goodvibes

Mandy

AshleyMWC
10-14-2008, 06:00 PM
The offer is definitely still open, just send me a PM with your address. Mickey and friends appear at Chef Mickey's, Cape May, and Mickey appears with Stitch and Pluto at O'Hana. She might really like O'Hana for bfast since Stitch seems more up her alley! Plus, at O'Hana they bring the food to your table so there would be no getting up to get plates of food for you guys. Chef Mickey's has Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald, but it has usually hard to get into the closer your trip gets.

teresajoy
10-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Definetely NOT too much information!! We love lots of details around here!! I second the Chef Mickey and Ohana recommendations! I have never actually BEEN to Ohana's but it looks like so much fun from what I've read!!! How does she feel about ugly stepsisters?? They are at 1900 Park Fare, and are TONS of fun!!!!! Cinderella is there too, but I think most people go for the stepsisters! :rotfl2: I wrote about it in my TR ,if you want to read it. :thumbsup2 (the Wickedness installment).

How long does it usually take to get your dates when you've been approved?

llurgy
10-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Definetely NOT too much information!! We love lots of details around here!! I second the Chef Mickey and Ohana recommendations! I have never actually BEEN to Ohana's but it looks like so much fun from what I've read!!! How does she feel about ugly stepsisters?? They are at 1900 Park Fare, and are TONS of fun!!!!! Cinderella is there too, but I think most people go for the stepsisters! :rotfl2: I wrote about it in my TR ,if you want to read it. :thumbsup2 (the Wickedness installment).

How long does it usually take to get your dates when you've been approved?

I will definately look into the Chef Mickey and the Ohana, thanks.

I will read your wish trip tomorrow, its gone midnight now and I have to home-school in the AM......though she has been getting up rather late these past few mornings (I think she may be coming down with something) so I may get a good couple of hours 'me' time in the morning.

Just to be sure, is it the link that says "A sort of Trip Report" in your sig?

The person from M-A-W said that it could take about 2 to 4 weeks to be assigned volunteers and then it could be as long again to get dates. But then she also said that depending on the availability of volunteers and GKTW vacancies we could get everything done in 4 weeks.......So.......I guess its just wait and see what happens. I will be grateful as long as we get to go this winter as we think she wont be able to enjoy it in another year. Her energy has gone down in tandem with her oxygen saturations in the 8 years since she has been diagnosed, she is able to do less and less each year.

Mandy

llurgy
10-15-2008, 12:15 AM
The offer is definitely still open, just send me a PM with your address. Mickey and friends appear at Chef Mickey's, Cape May, and Mickey appears with Stitch and Pluto at O'Hana. She might really like O'Hana for bfast since Stitch seems more up her alley! Plus, at O'Hana they bring the food to your table so there would be no getting up to get plates of food for you guys. Chef Mickey's has Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald, but it has usually hard to get into the closer your trip gets.

We will probably go for the O'Hana. I will look at reviews and info at both places tomorrow. I need to find out how late they do breakfasts, or if they do lunches.

Becca is not a morning person so we have to accommodate with having late starts. She can get up but if we wake her too early she runs out of energy far earlier in the day than if we had just let her get the rest her body demands. If we dont rush her out of bed in a morning she can usually plod through the day and make it into late evening.....Get her out of bed too early and she has crashed by lunchtime the poor love. She will be p'eed at us if we do that:laughing:

teresajoy
10-15-2008, 12:21 AM
I will definately look into the Chef Mickey and the Ohana, thanks.

I will read your wish trip tomorrow, its gone midnight now and I have to home-school in the AM......though she has been getting up rather late these past few mornings (I think she may be coming down with something) so I may get a good couple of hours 'me' time in the morning.

Just to be sure, is it the link that says "A sort of Trip Report" in your sig?

The person from M-A-W said that it could take about 2 to 4 weeks to be assigned volunteers and then it could be as long again to get dates. But then she also said that depending on the availability of volunteers and GKTW vacancies we could get everything done in 4 weeks.......So.......I guess its just wait and see what happens. I will be grateful as long as we get to go this winter as we think she wont be able to enjoy it in another year. Her energy has gone down in tandem with her oxygen saturations in the 8 years since she has been diagnosed, she is able to do less and less each year.

Mandy

The soto of a trip report is a TR, but not the one with 1900 Park Fare, that one is the purple "Diser Sistas" button. But, you can read both if you want. The first one is only one page long.

teresajoy
10-15-2008, 12:27 AM
We will probably go for the O'Hana. I will look at reviews and info at both places tomorrow. I need to find out how late they do breakfasts, or if they do lunches.

Becca is not a morning person so we have to accommodate with having late starts. She can get up but if we wake her too early she runs out of energy far earlier in the day than if we had just let her get the rest her body demands. If we dont rush her out of bed in a morning she can usually plod through the day and make it into late evening.....Get her out of bed too early and she has crashed by lunchtime the poor love. She will be p'eed at us if we do that:laughing:
I found this information for you:
Ohana's Character Breakfast: 7:30am - 11:00am
Chef Mickey- Breakfast Buffet: Breakfast (7:00 am - 11:30 am)
Dinner Buffet: Adult (5:00pm - 9:30 pm

This page has links to the different character meals:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/Just_for_kids/character_dining.cfm

mom2lilnick
10-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Just found your PTR and I am loving it! Becca is an amazing girl! We will be at GKTW Jan 19 to 25, I have a 12 year old daughter too and I know that she would love to be Becca's friend! Maybe we will luck out and be there at the same time.

llurgy
10-15-2008, 11:13 AM
The soto of a trip report is a TR, but not the one with 1900 Park Fare, that one is the purple "Diser Sistas" button. But, you can read both if you want. The first one is only one page long.

I have read your sort of trip report and from then gotten dragged into reading of your babies in heaven :( :sad1: :sad1: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have just started to read your Sista's TR and I am planning to read yours and Heathers at the same time.....LOL.....I am going to be Boz-eyed by the time I am done.

Thanks for the Dining info and link, I have them bookmarked now :)

Mandy

llurgy
10-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Just found your PTR and I am loving it! Becca is an amazing girl! We will be at GKTW Jan 19 to 25, I have a 12 year old daughter too and I know that she would love to be Becca's friend! Maybe we will luck out and be there at the same time.

Oh goodie, another TR to read, I will get around to it honestly, I love reading TR's and I have been avidly devouring them since landing on these boards a few weeks ago.
The only trouble is with reading so many in such a short time is that I am starting to get mixed up with who is going when and whom belongs to which trip. My mind is a turmoil....LOL!

It would be neat if our girls managed to meet up, fingers crossed.
Becca is more excited about maybe meeting other kids at the village than she is about Disney I think and she is really excited about Disney!!!

Mandy

HeatherSue
10-17-2008, 10:59 PM
You went and tricked me into reading your PTR by posting on MY TR! ;)

You seem like such a nice family and I can't wait to read more about you guys!

Like my sister said, there's no such thing as too much information on your PTR! It's your TR and you get to write whatever you want!

I bet you can't wait to find out your dates!

llurgy
10-17-2008, 11:31 PM
You went and tricked me into reading your PTR by posting on MY TR! ;)

You seem like such a nice family and I can't wait to read more about you guys!

Like my sister said, there's no such thing as too much information on your PTR! It's your TR and you get to write whatever you want!

I bet you can't wait to find out your dates!

I'm sorry, I didnt mean to trick you.:laughing:

I have been reading about your family for the past 72 hours and I feel like I have known you all forever.
Why are you posting on my thread and not updating yours?? Joking....lol....but really, time is a ticking away:hourglass

Oh, I forgot to say on your trip report, my DH is not so much of a Disney lover either, he is not a hater like Henry but he prefers all of the baddie cartoonies and says Disney ones are all too goody two-shoes and blah.

I look in the mail everyday but no package yet, but then it has only been one week since we found out Becca qualified for a wish and only two weeks since I approached them initially. I will be patient.....I will be patient....I WILL be patient:angel:

Mandy

teresajoy
10-20-2008, 01:12 AM
I have read your sort of trip report and from then gotten dragged into reading of your babies in heaven :( :sad1: :sad1: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have just started to read your Sista's TR and I am planning to read yours and Heathers at the same time.....LOL.....I am going to be Boz-eyed by the time I am done.

Thanks for the Dining info and link, I have them bookmarked now :)

Mandy

:hug:

I'm sorry, I didnt mean to trick you.:laughing:

I have been reading about your family for the past 72 hours and I feel like I have known you all forever.
Why are you posting on my thread and not updating yours?? Joking....lol....but really, time is a ticking away:hourglass

Oh, I forgot to say on your trip report, my DH is not so much of a Disney lover either, he is not a hater like Henry but he prefers all of the baddie cartoonies and says Disney ones are all too goody two-shoes and blah.

I look in the mail everyday but no package yet, but then it has only been one week since we found out Becca qualified for a wish and only two weeks since I approached them initially. I will be patient.....I will be patient....I WILL be patient:angel:

Mandy

Oh, what a sweet thing to say! Really though, it takes 72 hours to read our trip reports?

I can't wait for you to get your dates either! :yay: :yay: :yay:

maroo
10-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh my gosh!! Another Wish Trip!! FUN! (How did I miss this?)... I think I need to get my nose out of our TR and read some others!!! :)

Ok...now I have to go back and actually READ this one...

**runs away to read**

maroo
10-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Question:

Has anyone on a Make-A-Wish trip not gone to their destination via plane?

I have read loads of trip reports and it seems that everyone has flown to their trip destination.
We have been told that to make sure that Becca can cope with the cabin pressure she would have to be tested in an anearobaric chamber first. We would also have to have oxygen on the plane and once we got there. Because of this we were going to drive and in fact driving is preferable so we dont have to think about what may happen.

So, has anyone driven the Make-A-Wish journey?
We live in Ohio so I am talking about around a 1000 miles.

Mandy

I drove the van on our trip from Jackson, MS. It was about an 11 hour drive for us. I think it would be longer for you, but I would bet that your MAW chapter would provide lodging on the way there and on the way back. So you could have THAT much LONGER to enjoy your trip!! And if you are homeschooling, then she won't miss anything!! :)

I am sorry to hear of all of your struggles. I will keep reading...have not gotten far...but that is my 10 cents for now. :)

maroo
10-20-2008, 09:48 PM
I thought we had better introduce ourselves :)

This is my Darling Hubbie David (47 years old) and Myself (44 years old)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/DavidandI.jpg

The is the Star of the show and our small family, Becca (12 years old)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/HappyBecca.jpg

Becca at Cabela's posing in a Davy Crockett hat
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Cabelas.jpg

We have a Baby Jogger Stroller for walking on trails and such. Becca cant do a lot of walking and we were becoming really "un-fit" as a result of it so we invested in the stroller so we could enjoy the great outdoors once again. It enables Becca to do the bit of walking she can do and gives her somewhere to collapse when done...LOL.
Becca and Daddy
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/TheBuggyJogger.jpg

Becca pretending she had walked to the 4 mile post marker
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Rebeccapretending.jpg

Me not pretending
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Menotpretending.jpg

So thats our little family. We moved over to the States from England in 1999 so we haven't any family over here, consequently we are very close. This will be the first vacation we have been on since landing in the states all those years ago. The plan was to visit England every couple of years but because of Becca's illness we only managed to go back once in 2000. We miss family from home but are grateful that DH's Mum comes over once a year to visit.

Mandy

Ok...my last post of the night, I promise!! But I did this all out of order!!
Your family is simply beautiful! I can't wait to see when you guys end up going...

You guys will have a blast.

We got LOTS of advice from lots of folks (DISboards and others)...and one thing we learned was that we needed to things that we were interested in and not do stuff just because everyone else is doing it. If you are pretty sure Becca won't like something...or wants to do something different...then go with it.

And...the other thing I learned...is that you can't do everything. Even the magic button (bypasses most lines) may not allow you to do more because WISH kids tend to need to rest more, too.

anyway...enough from me!!!! :) I can't wait to read more!! :)

llurgy
10-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi Maroo
Hi, nice to see you here, I haven't written much yet but I thought I should start the PTR as otherwise I would forget and start after everything had happened. This way I can write things as they actually happen.
So.....Not much news as yet but the most important news to us was that Becca DID qualify for a wish from the M-A-W foundation, all of the dates and planning are secondary to that miracle.

We know we will only be able to do very little in the parks but getting the magic button makes a big, big difference. In one visit it could be the difference between Becca going on 2 rides instead of waiting for 20 minutes and only having enough energy to go on only one ride. On a good day she could finish up going on lots of rides. It all depends on whether or not the dreaded headaches make an appearance. She gets ill with the headaches and we have to stop/drop and roll to somewhere where she can just have peace and quiet and rest.
These headaches can happen just on a visit to Wally's World or the Mall. Other times if she has the adrenaline going they can happen when the adrenaline stops, its like her body goes past its limits when excited and then crashes when the excitement has passed.
She has been known to get ill just visiting good friends whom we haven't seen for ages. She looks forward to it so much, then we get there and she get migraine and gets sick. A half a hour nap later and she is fine again.

The headaches are due to her low oxygen sats. They cant fix the problem that causes the low oxygen.
On Friday we are off on an introductory visit to Dublin Ohio (2 hours away) to have an initial visit with a Neurologist. It is going to be his job to try and treat her headaches without being able to treat the cause of the headaches (poor man, it is going to be a dilemma for him me thinks).

I have read your PTR I think, you're the one that had to take the wheelchair for your 'charge' in the van whilst everyone else flew on the plane aren't you?

I didn't realize you had made a TR too. I will have to read it tomorrow. Early beddie-byes time tonight because I have to go to the dentist early tomorrow morning :scared1: :scared1: Me don't like dentist, me scared :(

Mandy

llurgy
10-21-2008, 09:42 AM
I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment.
I found out yesterday but was so amazed about it and had questions that I am only just writing about it now after asking permission to make sure I was allowed to of course;) .

Yesterday we received a PM telling us that Becca was going to be part of the BIG GIVE :cloud9: :yay: :cheer2: :dance3: :banana: :banana: :banana:

The so,so very kind and generous people over on the Dis-boutique part of the board are going to be making some custom clothes for our Becca to wear when she has her WISH trip to WDW!!! I mean, how awesome is that??
Not only is she getting her wish, but on top of that she is going to have some cool togs to wear too?

Overwhelmed is now a common word in our house. DH is stoked!
Becca still doesn't know, saving it for a little while until we can give the announcement of 'custom clothes' the proper amount of time and attention it deserves!:woohoo:

Thanks everyone from the Big Give:grouphug:

Mandy

teresajoy
10-23-2008, 11:12 AM
I found out yesterday but was so amazed about it and had questions that I am only just writing about it now after asking permission to make sure I was allowed to of course;) .

Yesterday we received a PM telling us that Becca was going to be part of the BIG GIVE :cloud9: :yay: :cheer2: :dance3: :banana: :banana: :banana:

The so,so very kind and generous people over on the Dis-boutique part of the board are going to be making some custom clothes for our Becca to wear when she has her WISH trip to WDW!!! I mean, how awesome is that??
Not only is she getting her wish, but on top of that she is going to have some cool togs to wear too?

Becca still doesn't know, saving it for a little while until we can give the announcement of 'custom clothes' the proper amount of time and attention it deserves!:woohoo:

Mandy

You are so welcome Mandy!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

jham
10-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Yay for Becca's wish trip! :cool1: My family loved Ohana and we went for dinner when there were no characters. My DD11 loves character meals and claims Chef Mickey's was her favorite meal of the trip. She is more of a girly-girl though. I have two TRs in my siggy if you want to see a DD10 and DD11 on her trips to Disneyworld and Disneyland.

mom2lilnick
10-23-2008, 11:51 AM
YAY! on the big give, those ladies are AWESOME!! I can't wait to hear/see more. No word yet on dates?

HeatherSue
10-23-2008, 12:44 PM

Mandy

You're so sweet, and you're very welcome. :grouphug:

I think we get just as much out of it as the families do!

llurgy
10-23-2008, 06:14 PM
It's great snt it??

Trip of a lifetime and new clothes to wear on it.
Becca is so excited!!
DH and I are quite excited too :)

No dates as yet, in fact we are still waiting to be assigned the people to come round and see us so Becca can officially say her wish and then things should get moving (Fingers crossed)

llurgy
10-23-2008, 09:47 PM
We are off to see the Neurologist tomorrow.
This is a first vist.....fingers crossed that he can do something about Becca's headaches and subsequent nausea.
She suffers from sudden-onset migraines because her disease has given her polycythemia (lots and lots of red blood cells causing really thick blood).
Because of the thick blood she cant suffer heat very well and is at risk for thrombosis and bloot clots but at present the main complications of her high red blood cell count are these migranes that can develope from zero headache to full blown migraine in the space of a couple of minutes.

We are thinking that the only option the neurologist has is to put her on some daily medication.
We are just hoping that he can do ANYTHING just to improve the quality of her life just a little bit. Any improvement would be better than what she has now.
Wish us luck
Mandy

maroo
10-23-2008, 10:16 PM
yeah!!!!!! the Big Give!!!!!!!!!!! this was one of the best parts of our whole wish experience!!!! and they let me join! So NOW I get to help!! sweet!!

The coolest Big Give ever! No dates yet and already Big Gived...that should be like being "booed"... what IS that anyway??? Being Boo-ed...? or Boo'd? or whatever? I digress!!

I am so excited for you guys.

And I will pray for Becca's neuro appt. I hope they can help her.

Make sure you guys pick really "cool" temperature dates if she gets overheated easily...

llurgy
10-23-2008, 10:51 PM
yeah!!!!!! the Big Give!!!!!!!!!!! this was one of the best parts of our whole wish experience!!!! and they let me join! So NOW I get to help!! sweet!!

The coolest Big Give ever! No dates yet and already Big Gived...that should be like being "booed"... what IS that anyway??? Being Boo-ed...? or Boo'd? or whatever? I digress!!

Make sure you guys pick really "cool" temperature dates if she gets overheated easily...

Yeah, we have been Big Give-d without even having a Coordinator....LOL....I cant even fill the form in properly because we dont have the MAW coordinator phone number yet.

LOL....TeresaJoy jumped in first because she wanted to host my big give.....She doesnt know what she has let herself in for, she may regret it
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/teufel/devil-smiley-019.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/teufel/devil-smiley-019.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/teufel/devil-smiley-019.gif

(I had to find the devil from an outside source, couldn't find a devil in the DISboard - DISboard must be too nice to host Devil smilies:rotfl2: )

:laughing: :rolleyes1

I dunno what boo-ed is either, I did read someone explaining it on another thread but I still didn't understand and now I cant find the thread again to give you the link:confused3

When I did talk to the MAW person 2 weeks ago I did mention that we were hoping to go this coming winter because Becca doesn't do at all well in the sun and heat. MAW said that we should be okay with that timeline but it probably wouldnt happen before Christmas. So we have fingers crossed for after the New Year, we would hate to have to wait until next winter (2009 - 2010) as Becca gets more fatigued and less exercise tolerant every passing year.

But.....Becca IS going to DISNEY sometime and that is all that matters:dance3: :dance3:

Mandy

mom2lilnick
10-23-2008, 10:53 PM
We are off to see the Neurologist tomorrow.

We are thinking that the only option the neurologist has is to put her on some daily medication.
We are just hoping that he can do ANYTHING just to improve the quality of her life just a little bit. Any improvement would be better than what she has now.
Wish us luck
Mandy

Good luck at the neuro tomorrow. Kayla (also 12) has epilepsy and severe migraines. She was on daily meds for a few years but has been weaned off them. Hers are so sudden as well that at one time the neuro wanted her to try O2 to see if they helped. He said she had cluster headaches which were not common in females at all, let alone young ones. Thankfully they are better but she still has rescue meds for the bad ones.

Update when you can.

HeatherSue
10-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Yeah, we have been Big Give-d without even having a Coordinator....LOL....I cant even fill the form in properly because we dont have the MAW coordinator phone number yet.

LOL....TeresaJoy jumped in first because she wanted to host my big give.....She doesnt know what she has let herself in for, she may regret it
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/teufel/devil-smiley-019.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/teufel/devil-smiley-019.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/teufel/devil-smiley-019.gif

(I had to find the devil from an outside source, couldn't find a devil in the DISboard - DISboard must be too nice to host Devil smilies:rotfl2: )

I dunno what boo-ed is either, I did read someone explaining it on another thread but I still didn't understand and now I cant find the thread again to give you the link:confused3

When I did talk to the MAW person 2 weeks ago I did mention that we were hoping to go this coming winter because Becca doesn't do at all well in the sun and heat. MAW said that we should be okay with that timeline but it probably wouldnt happen before Christmas. So we have fingers crossed for after the New Year, we would hate to have to wait until next winter (2009 - 2010) as Becca gets more fatigued and less exercise tolerant every passing year.

But.....Becca IS going to DISNEY sometime and that is all that matters:dance3: :dance3:

Mandy
Teresa was afraid I'd try and take your big give, I think! :rotfl:

I'm hoping you go in February! A bunch of disboutiquers will be there on February 8! (I'll be there from Feb. 3-10).

Are they considering putting Becca on blood thinners?

jham
10-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm hoping you go in February! A bunch of disboutiquers will be there on February 8! (I'll be there from Feb. 3-10).

Hey! I was just going to say that! I'll bet you'll go in January or February. That is the only time of year I've ever been and we love it! :cool1:

llurgy
10-24-2008, 07:30 PM

Are they considering putting Becca on blood thinners?

LOL about you and Teresa fighting over Becca's Give:rotfl:

Becca cant have blood thinners for two reasons:
1: Her disease forms vascular malformations in the veins, the vein walls are made up of tissue that is not half as strong as artery wall tissue. But the malformation that form have arterial blood pressure not vein blood pressure. If they manage to get past a certain side they are prone to hemorrhage because of the pressure of the blood flowing through them and the tissue thinness.
So people with HHT are not allowed blood thinners.

2: Becca's complication with this disease is that her O2 saturations are very low, it isnt that her lungs dont work properly, its that her lungs are full of these malformations that direct the blood passing through them right back into the heart without being oxygenated or filtered. Kinda like she is having the same effect of having a really big hole in her heart and her blood bypasses the lungs.
Because her O2 sats are so low her bone marrow is working overtime making more red blood cells to try and carry more red blood into the bits of her lungs that has normal tissue. These bloods cells are in themselves really large too. They are like over blown up balloons and the doctors have real trouble now trying to test her count because they rupture very easily.
Her red blood count is now 20.3 and it is supposed to be around 13. An adult woman is only supposed to have in-between 16 and 17 and an adult man around 18.

If they thin it or do a phlebotomy (draw blood) it would be really detrimental to her O2 saturations. Her body is making the red bloods cells to give her more oxygen and if the cells get taken away she will most likely suffer greatly with nausea, headaches and even great fatigue than at present.

We went to see the neurologist today and he has prescribed some seizure medicine for her migraines. I think he said the dose for people suffering from seizures was 200mg 2 times per day, Becca is to take 25mg 2 times per day. We have to go back in January to see if the meds have made any difference to her migraines and the severity of them.

Tired now……We set off at 10.30am and have just got back through the door at 7.15pm. Just for a 45 minute consult….:rolleyes:

Going to go and Veg out in front of the :happytv:

Mandy

mom2lilnick
10-24-2008, 07:49 PM
I am glad they are going to try something for her. Is it topamax by any chance? I am on that for migraines and take 50mg 2x day.

llurgy
10-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I am glad they are going to try something for her. Is it topamax by any chance? I am on that for migraines and take 50mg 2x day.

Yes it is!! Clever you :) :)

She has to take 25mg once a day for 15 days and then 25mg twice a day.
Does it work?
(ignore the does it work question, I know different meds work differently on people, but I couldnt resist asking :) :))

llurgy
10-24-2008, 08:20 PM

Hey! I was just going to say that! I'll bet you'll go in January or February. That is the only time of year I've ever been and we love it! :cool1:

We are hoping to get there in January/February time. We are quite open to whatever dates MAW comes up with but feel that November wont give us time to prepare, December is pushing the envelope too. March, it starts getting a tad warm again so January or February would be good. February would be ideal if it meant we could meet up with some DISers and:grouphug:

Mandy

llurgy
10-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Jeanne,
Just read your one day whirlwind trip report, it was brilliant and the photo's so good.
I hope you get Jaydens meds sorted and that Jack Skelly custom is awesome.

I love the customs.....I think my favorites so far are Teresa's Animal Kingdom twirly skirt outfit and your Skelly outfit.
I think loads of others are really cute but I am afraid I am like Becca in not really enjoying the Princess stuff so much.....Becca and I feel that Princesses are beautiful, they wear beautiful clothes but have no substance too them...dont shoot us but we think princesses are just MEH.

Now give us a Skelly or an Eyeore......:rotfl2: We luvs Eyeore:hug:

Mandy

Donald is #1
10-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi! Just found your pre-trip report.

llurgy
10-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi! Just found your pre-trip report.

Hi, Welcome,

Lucky you, you have 2 trips to report!! You must be on :cloud9:

I will have to go read them :) I luv Trip reports

Mandy

teresajoy
10-25-2008, 12:28 AM

Mary, you are jus tso sweet!

Being booed, it's just what we call when someone sends you a little jackolantern smiley, it shows they like you! :thumbsup2 You can then put it in your siggy to show everyone just how popular you are! :thumbsup2

Mandy

I think you guys are sweet, and so far you've done nothign to prove me wrong! So there!

Yeah, I didn't want to lose you to anyone else!!!! :rotfl2: I'm so selfish!

Teresa was afraid I'd try and take your big give, I think! :rotfl: :rolleyes1

We went to see the neurologist today and he has prescribed some seizure medicine for her migraines. I think he said the dose for people suffering from seizures was 200mg 2 times per day, Becca is to take 25mg 2 times per day. We have to go back in January to see if the meds have made any difference to her migraines and the severity of them.

Tired now……We set off at 10.30am and have just got back through the door at 7.15pm. Just for a 45 minute consult….:rolleyes:

Going to go and Veg out in front of the :happytv:

Mandy
I hope the meds help Becca, and that you guys get your dates and coordinators soon! Are you picking out some outfits yet?? I am excited to see what Becca likes!

I love the customs.....I think my favorites so far are Teresa's Animal Kingdom twirly skirt outfit and your Skelly outfit.
I think loads of others are really cute but I am afraid I am like Becca in not really enjoying the Princess stuff so much.....Becca and I feel that Princesses are beautiful, they wear beautiful clothes but have no substance too them...dont shoot us but we think princesses are just MEH.

Mandy

I love Eeyore too!! :thumbsup2 He's my favorite character! We can work around the princess thing! But, the evil side of me does think it would be very funny to make Becca a princess outfit, just to see what she'd say! :rotfl:

Don't worry, I won't!

llurgy
10-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Mary, you are jus tso sweet!

I hope the meds help Becca, and that you guys get your dates and coordinators soon! Are you picking out some outfits yet?? I am excited to see what Becca likes!

I love Eeyore too!! :thumbsup2 He's my favorite character! We can work around the princess thing! But, the evil side of me does think it would be very funny to make Becca a princess outfit, just to see what she'd say! :rotfl:

Don't worry, I won't!

I have sent you some pics of what Becca likes......I had to pare them down a tad seeing as she was copying almost the entire album :laughing:

Becca says that if someone was to make her a Princess outfit she would still love it and wear it because someone had made it just for her.:hug:
:rotfl2:
In the same breath she also said that if someone was to make her a Princess outfit that she hopes it would be yellow/pink and lime green and not blue because she doesn't really like blue dresses:rolleyes1

Love
Mandy

maroo
10-27-2008, 07:37 PM
I have sent you some pics of what Becca likes......I had to pare them down a tad seeing as she was copying almost the entire album :laughing:

Becca says that if someone was to make her a Princess outfit she would still love it and wear it because someone had made it just for her.:hug:
:rotfl2:
In the same breath she also said that if someone was to make her a Princess outfit that she hopes it would be yellow/pink and lime green and not blue because she doesn't really like blue dresses:rolleyes1

Love
Mandy

Oh my gosh...she is SOOOO sweet!

And she sounds like Lauren...so appreciative...but has in her mind what something would look like.

Becca is going to have a great trip...and the Big Give will be a huge treat! Like icing on the cake... or maybe more like a whole separate PARTY! With cake AND ice cream! (in case you don't know...I really like ice cream!)

llurgy
10-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Oh my gosh...she is SOOOO sweet!

And she sounds like Lauren...so appreciative...but has in her mind what something would look like.

Becca is going to have a great trip...and the Big Give will be a huge treat! Like icing on the cake... or maybe more like a whole separate PARTY! With cake AND ice cream! (in case you don't know...I really like ice cream!)

Becca is a sweetheart (even though I say so myself) She has gotten pressies for Christmas and Birthdays which I know for a fact she had no interest in before the event. After receiving them she has said thank you and then gone on to playing with/wearing them as if they are her favorite things.
The only things she has never gotten into are Dolls......she strips off their clothes and puts them on her cuddly toys. The dolls end up nekkid in her toy chest never to see the light of day again.
Her figuring is that SOME of the present is still being loved on:rotfl2:

Mandy

mom2lilnick
10-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Becca sounds like such a sweetheart! I am glad she is so excited about her wish and all the goodies that will come with it!

TwistofLemon
10-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Hi Mandy
Thanks for sharing your pre-TR! You and I share the same taste...I have a DD Rebecca, we call her Becky. But she's all grown up. Anyway, lucky you having the Disboutiquers choosing Becca for a Give! I lurk over there all the time, so much talent. I've subscribed to your report, I don't want to miss your updates! ;)

llurgy
10-30-2008, 07:49 AM
Hi Mandy
Thanks for sharing your pre-TR! You and I share the same taste...I have a DD Rebecca, we call her Becky. But she's all grown up. Anyway, lucky you having the Disboutiquers choosing Becca for a Give! I lurk over there all the time, so much talent. I've subscribed to your report, I don't want to miss your updates! ;)

Welcome TwistofLemon,

I know arent they talented? I have been on the Disboutiquers thread (before Becca getting chosen for a Big Give, not now) They make some really awesome stuff!!
All this MAW and the Big Give really give my family the warm fuzzies inside.
Most of the time in our lives we dont see that there are a whole lot of kind and generous people out there just waiting to be nice to someone and in most cases actively searching those someones out.
My family feels so privileged to be a part of this, it is really just like a dream come true! Dreams coming true generally happen to other lucky people, not to us :) :)
Yes, Becca is sick and she misses out on a lot of things (as I am sure all of the other MAW kids do) but she would still be sick and missing out without a WISH on the horizon.
For Becca, DREAMS DO COME TRUE :) :)
Her dream is coming true purely because of the generosity of other people, people who dont even know us but are happy to GIVE to us :)
Thanks MAW.
Thanks especially to the Disboutiquers whom all do this just because of who they are......Beautiful on the inside and outside.:grouphug:

Whoops, sorry!!
As you may be able to tell I still havent gotten over the fact that people whom we dont know want to do such wonderful things for people whom they dont know.......It still chokes me up :) :)

Mandy

llurgy
10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
We received our initial correspondence from MAW today and this evening one of our MAW volunteers phoned to arrange a time to come and see Becca for the first time!!
They are coming on Monday at 8am:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

We are not early birds as far as getting out of bed in a morning :eek: but we will make an exception for this special event:laughing:

The evenings were booked up for over a week and hubby can go into work late on Monday so 8am it is:goodvibes

We have been told that Becca has to have 3 wishes on hand for if the first wish is not possible.....so......her wishes are.....

Walt Disney World Florida
DisneyLand California
Disneyland Paris
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Me thinks she wants to go to Disney

Roll on Monday!!!!!

Mandy

tinytreasures
10-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Found your pre trip report today

we had the wish granters come out last week it was so much fun the kids loved it
if we get the same dates as you my 9 yr old dd would love a new friend :lovestruc

jham
10-30-2008, 08:13 PM
We received our initial correspondence from MAW today and this evening one of our MAW volunteers phoned to arrange a time to come and see Becca for the first time!!
They are coming on Monday at 8am:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

We are not early birds as far as getting out of bed in a morning :eek: but we will make an exception for this special event:laughing:

The evenings were booked up for over a week and hubby can go into work late on Monday so 8am it is:goodvibes

We have been told that Becca has to have 3 wishes on hand for if the first wish is not possible.....so......her wishes are.....

Walt Disney World Florida
DisneyLand California
Disneyland Paris
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Me thinks she wants to go to Disney

Roll on Monday!!!!!

Mandy

Love those wishes! She is a girl after my own heart...except for the princess thing :sad2: :rotfl:

llurgy
10-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Found your pre trip report today

we had the wish granters come out last week it was so much fun the kids loved it
if we get the same dates as you my 9 yr old dd would love a new friend :lovestruc

What dates are you planning?
We are too late for 2008 now so ours is going to be sometime in the New Year (I hope), January or February hopefully

Mandy

llurgy
10-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Love those wishes! She is a girl after my own heart...except for the princess thing :sad2: :rotfl:

LOL .....Well there is no accounting for taste:snooty: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Her other alternate wish is for a "horse complete with stable and food and a groomer because(***) mummy cant groom it seeing as she is 'llergic"

tinytreasures
10-30-2008, 09:02 PM
What dates are you planning?
We are too late for 2008 now so ours is going to be sometime in the New Year (I hope), January or February hopefully

Mandy

We are hoping to go january 11th- 17

llurgy
10-30-2008, 09:50 PM
We are hoping to go january 11th- 17

I shall have to bear those dates in mind....it all depends on what commitments DH has at work.....Fingers crossed.

You will have to start a pre-trip report you know;)

Mandy

edited to add that I had a duh moment and didnt see the link for your PTR.....

mom2lilnick
10-30-2008, 11:17 PM
We will be there Jan 19 thru the 25th. It would be cool if we could meet up with other from this site!

llurgy
11-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Our volunteers came yesterday!!!:woohoo:

Becca was so excited, she almost talked their legs off for the 3 hours that they spent with us.

Becca leads quite a sheltered life, she does not go to school, we are very rural and consequently friends are very few and far between. You would think that would make her shy wouldn't you? Not on your life!!
It makes her desperate!! She never stops talking :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Pam, one of our volunteers told us that usually she manages to get her paperwork done in half the time it took her at our house, Pam wasn't complaining though she said she'd enjoy the visit tremendously.

They arrived armed with donuts and a gift card for Wal-Mart. She felt that because Rebecca is 12 years old she wouldn't be able to pick out suitable gifts for her and thought it better if Becca chose her own. She is a wise woman.....:)

Lots of talking happened, we put forward our dates - 2nd half of January/February/March in that order of preference. We went around and around with the dates before submitting them to Pam but David and I eventually finished up with the order that they come in. David has several constaints at work that he has to work around and if it wasnt for those we would have had a preference for any time in February.

They asked Becca her Wish and of course she said Disney and that she want to meet Mike from Monsters Inc.

They had a job trying to get a fall-back wish out of her, you see the thought of not having her wish granted for Disney is inconceivable to her.
She eventually settled on one of those Outdoor playhouses that look like miniature log cabins with the porch and swing attached. She said that it would need air-con in it though or else she wouldn't be able to go in it in the summer time...LOL:laughing:

We have been told that we will be told next week if Becca has been granted her Disney wish and it could be as early as next week that we find out what are dates are.:yay: :yay: :yay:

One disappointment of yesterday.....We FORGOT TO TAKE PHOTO'S!!!!!!!:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Sorry....don't stone me please:scared: :scared:

Mandy

llurgy
11-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Duplicate post sorry

jmskinner
11-04-2008, 03:40 PM
:banana: Oh, it must feel good to get each little step done. I hope she gets Disney.

llurgy
11-04-2008, 06:30 PM
We went shopping last night with Becca's Wal-Mart gift card from her MAW visitors.
I was gonna make her save it for a while but I think our volunteers wanted her to spend it with the freedom it was given so we went and shopped.

It took her a long time to decide on what she wanted but eventually she found this:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/BeccaGuessWhoGame.jpg

It actually looks quite good. Instead of just the faces to guess you can choose from monsters, silly faces and animals.

She's happy :)

Mandy

Khalana
11-04-2008, 07:22 PM
That looks like a fun game!! :) Becca seems like such a sweet girl. :goodvibes I love her hair. :)

llurgy
11-04-2008, 08:06 PM
That looks like a fun game!! :) Becca seems like such a sweet girl. :goodvibes I love her hair. :)

Becca's hair is the bane of our lives at the moment.
She cant decide on her fringe (bangs) and whether she wants to keep the fringe or not. If it is there she keeps brushing it to one side and when she grew it out she wanted it back. After she got the fringe back she wished she had never had it cut in. :rolleyes:
At the moment it is at that in between stage and is irritating her because it keeps on flopping in her eyes, she keeps saying she wants it cut but when I appear with the scissors she back tracks and says maybe she will persevere for a little longer :headache: :lmao:

mom2lilnick
11-04-2008, 08:56 PM
YAY! I am glad that you have that done. I, of course, am hoping that you go around Jan 19th.. lol, but purely for selfish reasons. hehehe.

Khalana
11-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Somehow I missed your earlier post about meeting the Wish granters, but that is so awesome!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: And no, we won't stone you. :rotfl: :thumbsup2 I really hope she gets Disney too, but I think her chances are probably very good! :) I guess Holywood Studios will be one of your must-do parks then to meet Mike. :thumbsup2 Keep us updated!!

llurgy
11-04-2008, 09:36 PM
YAY! I am glad that you have that done. I, of course, am hoping that you go around Jan 19th.. lol, but purely for selfish reasons. hehehe.

I think our January dates will be starting the weekend of the 17th/18th time so we may be able to meet up....wouldnt that be cool :woohoo:
Becca would love to meet someone new :)
Be warned though.....once she has you and yours - you will never be able to get away :)

Mandy

tinytreasures
11-04-2008, 09:47 PM
I think our January dates will be starting the weekend of the 17th/18th time so we may be able to meet up....wouldnt that be cool :woohoo:
Becca would love to meet someone new :)
Be warned though.....once she has you and yours - you will never be able to get away :)

Mandy
maybe I should email and see if we can change to that week
it would be fun to meet you both
if you guys could handle the troops :rotfl:

llurgy
11-04-2008, 09:51 PM
maybe I should email and see if we can change to that week
it would be fun to meet you both
if you guys could handle the troops :rotfl:

Tee-Hee......We could have a convention and one of these :grouphug:

Mandy

mom2lilnick
11-04-2008, 10:03 PM
I would love a huge meet up!! I am used to lots of kids, I work in a school, plus I take my sisters kids to church with me every Sunday.

Kayla really wants to meet Becca!

jmskinner
11-05-2008, 07:54 AM
My son got to play that game at school and really enjoyed it. I'm sure Becca will also.

eyor44
11-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Haven't been able to read the entire thread, have to stop here. I will finish up tonight. I just wanted to say :grouphug: hugs to your family. I hope the meds for the migranes work, at least a bit. I have had them all my life and they just aren't fun. How wonderful about the Wish trip and the Big Give, well that is just icing on the cake. Those ladies (and gentlemen) make the most wonderful stuff. I found you through Maroo's trip report about Lauren.

And last but not least, I love Eyeore also, so we are friends for life.

tinytreasures
11-05-2008, 09:21 AM
we are still waiting on date
but it would be fun to meet you guys

llurgy
11-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Haven't been able to read the entire thread, have to stop here. I will finish up tonight. I just wanted to say :grouphug: hugs to your family. I hope the meds for the migranes work, at least a bit. I have had them all my life and they just aren't fun. How wonderful about the Wish trip and the Big Give, well that is just icing on the cake. Those ladies (and gentlemen) make the most wonderful stuff. I found you through Maroo's trip report about Lauren.

And last but not least, I love Eyeore also, so we are friends for life.

Welcome to my Pre-trip report, lovely to have you on board for the ride.

I think it is exceptional what the Big Give does for Wish Kids and their families, it is like some kind of Magic :wizard: that has suddenly come into Becca's life - Ours too.
Maroo's TR is brilliant, poignant yet hilarious at the same time, i really look forward to reading it, i will be sad when it is over though.

Mandy

llurgy
11-05-2008, 12:18 PM
My son got to play that game at school and really enjoyed it. I'm sure Becca will also.

Becca played it last night with her Daddy, she loved the monsters one. All I could hear from the sidelines was "Does yours drool?" or "Does yours smell?":laughing:

Mandy

maroo
11-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Welcome to my Pre-trip report, lovely to have you on board for the ride.

I think it is exceptional what the Big Give does for Wish Kids and their families, it is like some kind of Magic :wizard: that has suddenly come into Becca's life - Ours too.
Maroo's TR is brilliant, poignant yet hilarious at the same time, i really look forward to reading it, i will be sad when it is over though.

Mandy

You are so sweet!! Here I was just reading away...and I saw my name...and did a double take... You are so sweet!! :) I am speechless...I better get back to writing!!

eyor44
11-05-2008, 05:17 PM
The coolest Big Give ever! No dates yet and already Big Gived...that should be like being "booed"... what IS that anyway??? Being Boo-ed...? or Boo'd? or whatever?

Mandy

check your PMs. It's too late for being booed though.

llurgy
11-10-2008, 08:45 AM
check your PMs. It's too late for being booed though.

Thank you for my Gobble ;)

Mandy

llurgy
11-10-2008, 09:00 AM
As you know we went to see the Neuro on the 24th Oct.
He put Becca on Topomax - A 25mg dose once and day for 15 days and then twice a day thereafter.
Well........Becca very quickly turned into a complete Zombie! Listless, fatigued and lacking any sort of concentration altogether......Needless to say, trying to teach her school has been a total pain in the ****.
Last Monday after long phone talks with the doctor (through his nurse/answering service) we had the 25mg dose cut in half and she was getting more and more zombified.
She was taking her meds at night before bed. Wednesday and Thursday last week she woke up (late) and had her breakfast and then promptly disappeared to the bathroom and threw up, Friday she didnt even manage breakfast!

Now we know our daughter and the only times she throws up is if she gets the sudden onset migraine or she is coming down with something and she basically throws up for a full day.
This was different.....for a start, she hadnt had enough energy or verve in her to even start working up a migraine :rotfl: and once she threw up just that once she was fine :confused3
Anyways, to cut a long story short on Friday I again played telephone tag with the doctor/nurse/answering service and took her off the meds.
She has to go see the Neuro again tomorrow to discuss alternative meds.

I am afraid if he suggests something with the antihistamine properties in it we are going to veto it.
This exercise was meant to improve her quality of life but the meds just change her into a blob that didnt even have enough energy to work up any kind of headache. The migraines she suffers from are brought on by her doing too much and not having sufficient Oxygen to fuel what she is doing.

Mandy

Khalana
11-10-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry Becca's been having trouble with her meds... :( That's no fun! I think it was wise to stop them if she was reacting like that. A lot of kids get all zombie like from antihistamines. I hope they're able to find something that will work for her. :thumbsup2

eyor44
11-10-2008, 11:25 AM
good luck with the Doctor tomorrow. Hopefully he will have an acceptable alternative.

tinytreasures
11-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I would say that it is not working then
jason is on verapamil for his daily head ache meds
then he get a Maxalt as soon as he gets one
sorry she is having pain migraines are no fun

llurgy
11-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Hopefully we will get something that works.
We dont want to put her on meds just for the sake of it, it is all a balancing act.
The meds to stop the headaches are making her a zombie and spoiling quality of life.....she doesnt do things when on the meds to get an headache as she is too tired.
She gets the headaches when she "overcooks" things but on the meds she doesnt reach that stage but either way she has no quality of life.
Without the meds at least she can enjoy life until the headache comes, with the meds she doesnt enjoy anything.
Our ultimate aim is to improve her lifestyle. The headaches are painful yes, but she doesnt get them all the time, they are cause and effect. PLUS....within 1/2 an hour and a quick nap the migraine is gone and she is back to normal. With the meds she is bad all the time.
Becca says she prefers the headaches!!

Sorry to ramble......:rolleyes1

Mandy

llurgy
11-10-2008, 04:20 PM
We have our dates subject to Doctors approval!!!

January 21st thought January 27th

:dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3:

llurgy
11-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I would love a huge meet up!! I am used to lots of kids, I work in a school, plus I take my sisters kids to church with me every Sunday.

Kayla really wants to meet Becca!

It looks like Kayla and Becca will be meeting!!:hug:

Mandy

Khalana
11-10-2008, 04:50 PM

:dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3:

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

mom2lilnick
11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
It looks like Kayla and Becca will be meeting!!:hug:

Mandy

WHOO HOO!! :cool1:
:cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kayla is so excited! :goodvibes :goodvibes

llurgy
11-10-2008, 06:42 PM
WHOO HOO!! :cool1:
:cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kayla is so excited! :goodvibes :goodvibes

So is Becca!
After she got off the phone with MAW (I was on the phone then) she came rushing to the puter to look for one of your messages where you had mentioned your travel dates.

Mummy she shouts, we are going the same as mom2lilnick!!! I can meet Kayla!!:rotfl: :rotfl:
Watch out!! Becca is already planning a sleepover:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

llurgy
11-10-2008, 08:10 PM
I just scanned a postcard that Becca received from Mickey via a Fairy Godmother (Thanks AshleyMWC :thumbsup2 :hug: ) on her recent Vacation to WDW.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/postcardfront.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/postcardback.jpg

She was delighted to receive this postcard, especially since Mickey signed it too!:yay: :yay:

Mandy

zeppy68
11-10-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm Glad your dates let the excitemnt really begin and you will be down there with others how great that is.

JOe

Ians pre trip report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=28559544#post28559544

mom2lilnick
11-10-2008, 08:34 PM
So is Becca!
After she got off the phone with MAW (I was on the phone then) she came rushing to the puter to look for one of your messages where you had mentioned your travel dates.

Mummy she shouts, we are going the same as mom2lilnick!!! I can meet Kayla!!:rotfl: :rotfl:
Watch out!! Becca is already planning a sleepover:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Awwwww!! That brought tears to my eyes! Kayla will have just turned 13 on the 17th of Jan so she is thinking of this as a bday trip along with Nick's MAW. We will have to plan something really special. Kayla is really shy and quiet and has never had more than a friend or two over for her bday's. Maybe we can plan a pizza night or something for the two of them at GKTW!

Give Becca a big hug from us! :lovestruc :grouphug:

llurgy
11-10-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm Glad your dates let the excitemnt really begin and you will be down there with others how great that is.

JOe

Ians pre trip report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=28559544#post28559544

Yes, we can actually start planning now we officially have our dates :)

I am trying to do research on LGMH's (Lime Green Mickey Heads)at the moment. I swiped a load from Home Depot over the weekend but now I have them I have no idea what I am going to do with them :rotfl: :rotfl:

Khalana
11-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh, that is so cute about Becca and Kayla!!!! I hope they really hit it off!! :thumbsup2

tinytreasures
11-10-2008, 09:58 PM
that is s cool you guys get to go together
still waiting for dates here:confused3

eyor44
11-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Becca says she prefers the headaches!!

Poor kid that she would prefer the headaches. That right there should tell the doctor how bad the meds were.

Yay! on the dates. How wonderful, now you can really start planning.

Yes, we can actually start planning now we officially have our dates :)

I am trying to do research on LGMH's (Lime Green Mickey Heads)at the moment. I swiped a load from Home Depot over the weekend but now I have them I have no idea what I am going to do with them :rotfl: :rotfl:
Put your Disboard name on one and hang it on your bag you carry with you in the parks. That way other Dissers may stop and say hello.

llurgy
11-10-2008, 10:38 PM
that is s cool you guys get to go together
still waiting for dates here:confused3

We were told on Oct 10th that Rebecca qualified for a wish (after our specialist confirmed our referral)
We were told it would take 2 to 4 weeks to be assigned volunteers. Our volunteers came out last Monday and we heard today that Disney World had been approved by MAW subject to Doctors approval and we got our dates at the same time so in all from being approved for a Wish to getting our dates it has been just over 4 weeks - from filling out the referral to present day has been 5 weeks.

Now we have the waiting.........:rolleyes1 :rotfl: :upsidedow

Mandy

iu97alum
11-11-2008, 10:12 AM
YEA for the dates!!!!! Now for FULL PLANNING mode right? :)

llurgy
11-11-2008, 10:27 AM
YEA for the dates!!!!! Now for FULL PLANNING mode right? :)

I wish!!!!:rolleyes: I asked MAW yesterday when they told us our dates what we had to do and they said nothing!!!:eek: How am I ever going to get through a pre-vacation without knowing every detail of what is going on?
Will they plan for her O2 for all of the legs, will the O2 be at the village when we get there? What flights will we be on? What time? The list goes on :)

One thing we really have to do is get on YouTube and try and find some attraction videos to look at

Khalana
11-11-2008, 10:36 AM
They'll probably answer some of your questions if you ask them. THey probably just don't want you to have to worry about it not understanding that you will worry until you know ALL the details. :rotfl: Have fun planning and checking out rides. :)

mom2lilnick
11-11-2008, 11:10 AM
I would call and ask as well. We were told we would get a bunch of info on Jan 9th.. plane info and so on. That is only 10 days before our trip and that scares me not to know what is going on until then!

jmskinner
11-11-2008, 03:03 PM
:yay: :banana: :dance3: :cheer2:
Glad you got your dates and will be able to go same time as others. I couldn't handle someone else doing the planning for me either.

Hope all goes well with the meds also. Hopefully you get it straight before your trip so she can have a great time with no headaches.

maroo
11-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Becca and Kayla there at the same time...Look out World! How much fun is THAT!!! :)

I am so excited that you guys got dates!!

Our MAW really wanted us to not plan anything either..."just go and enjoy it"...but I couldn't...We had to plan stuff and I asked a lot of questions...I tried to spread them out, though! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

You guys are going to have a blast!!!!!!

llurgy
11-13-2008, 01:54 AM
Just a quick update:
Becca went to see the Neuro on Tuesday as a follow up after having to take her off the meds she was prescribed due to adverse side effects.
He was concerned that the optic nerves at the back of her eyes were swelling so he rushed us off the the optometrist in the same building to have her eyes dilated and looked at by the specialist. There was no swelling, what he thought was swelling was very congested and tortuous blood vessels. The blood vessels are tortuous because of her very high Red blood cell count, it is over 20 now plus her red blood cells themselves are rather large.
The neuro wanted to make sure as he thought she could have a brain abscess if she had have got a swollen optic nerve.
A brain abscess is very likely in Becca as a lot of her blood doesnt get filtered because it bypasses the lung capillaries...... Whew!!! All clear!!!:woohoo:
The Neuro does however want her to have a MRI and a MRA, I have managed to talk him into letting us get that done locally though....no fun traveling 100 miles when you dont have to.
We just have to wait whilst he consults with our HHT specialist in Yale before scheduling that.

Becca was throwing up last week, 3 morning she did it, we thought it was the meds as it was only first thing in the morning and no other time. We took her off the meds Friday and she stopped throwing up immediately. Until Yesterday. She woke up, threw up twice within 30 minutes and then stopped and was fine again.....fast forward to this morning and repeat.....weird.....she is fine afterwards but it is really puzzling us.
It is like she is pregnant and has morning sickness!!:confused3 :lmao: :confused3
Now maybe she still had meds in her body, but that wouldnt explain Sat,Sun and Mon being ok.
We dont think it is a bug because she is only nauseous just before she throws up and she is fine afterwards.
We think she is just about to start Puberty (body showing signs) so maybe her hormones are playing havoc.
We are giving it until tomorrow or Friday to see if it stops before taking her to our family doctor.

Now I am going to try to go to sleep.......I did it once tonight so I just know I can do it again :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Mandy

eyor44
11-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Bless your heart. Glad there wasn't a brain abscess (how scary) and here's hoping you will be able to do the tests locally.pixiedust:
And now having to deal with puberty on top of everything else? Poor thing. Well, we all have to go through it. Hopefully she will get over the sickness soon.:grouphug:

mom2lilnick
11-13-2008, 08:08 AM
oh hugs! I hope she is feeling better soon.

llurgy
11-13-2008, 09:19 AM
oh hugs! I hope she is feeling better soon.

It was a case of rinse and repeat again today so we are off to the Dr's this afternoon to try and find out what is going on.

One good thing about it is that she doesnt spend a lot of time feeling Pukey, just a few minutes before the actual event and a few minutes after. Of course the bad side of that is that we dont have any warning:rolleyes1

Mandy

iu97alum
11-13-2008, 10:02 AM
It was a case of rinse and repeat again today so we are off to the Dr's this afternoon to try and find out what is going on.

One good thing about it is that she doesnt spend a lot of time feeling Pukey, just a few minutes before the actual event and a few minutes after. Of course the bad side of that is that we dont have any warning:rolleyes1

Mandy Awww... poor thing. Poor you with no warning. That is THE worst :(

Khalana
11-13-2008, 10:44 AM
That's no fun! :sick: I hope she starts feeling better soon and that you find out what it is. Lydia had a weird bug last winter where she would throw up once or twice a day for a week, but she had no "good" days in between. And I remember throwing up a bit before getting my period, but not that much... Hope you get it all figured out. :)

llurgy
11-13-2008, 10:51 AM
It isnt THAT bad, she has enough warning to get to the bathroom as long as we are near the bathroom.;)

I am one of those terrible mothers that cant stand the sight of anyone throwing-up. I see-I join....I hear-I join.....

Becca, bless her has got so used to me, she knows I am useless until after the fact and shouts to me to get out of the house quick *** she is gonna blow:rotfl:

After she has done she lets me know and thats when I stroke her brow and love her better. I know :sad2: :guilty: , I dont feel good about it, but thats the way it is.

Mandy

llurgy
11-13-2008, 10:59 AM
That's no fun! :sick: I hope she starts feeling better soon and that you find out what it is. Lydia had a weird bug last winter where she would throw up once or twice a day for a week, but she had no "good" days in between. And I remember throwing up a bit before getting my period, but not that much... Hope you get it all figured out. :)

I really think that it is a puberty issue, we keep telling her she has morning sickness:rotfl:
Her blood chemistry is so out of whack because of her Oxygen dificiency that it just wouldnt surprise me in the slightest. Her blood is too thick, she has too much of it, it is very sluggish and her heart always has to pump hard. Her kidneys work overtime because they have to clear out more dead red blood cells (she makes more so more die), she is hypoglycemic......
She doesnt however have high blood pressure or hypertension :)

maroo
11-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Bless her heart!! And yours!!

It does sound so strange. Lauren does that sometimes, but it is usually when she got up too early or one of us made her eat breakfast too early in the AM. (shame on us!)

It isnt THAT bad, she has enough warning to get to the bathroom as long as we are near the bathroom.;)

I am one of those terrible mothers that cant stand the sight of anyone throwing-up. I see-I join....I hear-I join.....

Becca, bless her has got so used to me, she knows I am useless until after the fact and shouts to me to get out of the house quick *** she is gonna blow:rotfl:

After she has done she lets me know and thats when I stroke her brow and love her better. I know :sad2: :guilty: , I dont feel good about it, but thats the way it is.

Mandy

"I see - I join...I hear - I join..." now that was FUNNY...I mean, it's not funny that it happens...but how you shared it with us...very funny!

And Becca seems to have such a great attitude!!

Bless her heart...:hug:

And yours!! :grouphug:

eyor44
11-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Mandy

Don't feel bad. I can't stand the sight or smell of blood. I can't even be in the same room when blood is drawn. or I am hitting the bathroom. When DS needed stiches I had to leave the room. Thankfully DH was there also. At least it made DS smile thinking of Mom out in the hallway trying very hard not to be sick.

llurgy
11-13-2008, 03:14 PM
We went to see the doctor and she suggested to get her to eat just before going to sleep at night and to wake her up early or middle of the night to drink some apple/orange juice to kick up her blood sugar levels as she feels that it may be a really low blood sugar level doing the damage.

Alternatively, she would have to sleep with Oxygen on because it may be that she is in such a deep sleep she is not taking in enough Oxygen.

We are to try the Snacks/drinks for blood sugar levels first.

Fingers crossed that one of these works

mom2lilnick
11-13-2008, 05:35 PM
oh.. poor thing. Kayla got really weird about 6 to 8 months before her period started. Very naseous, shakey and lol.. moody. We took her to the dr and he said blood sugar and we tested and tested for two weeks.. all was normal. Took her back to the dr and he said.. well, guess it is hormones. That was way back in Jan.. she didn't start her period until Aug. I thought I was going to go insane with all the freaky things she was doing.

Hugs!

oh.. I posted a pic of Kayla over on our PTR. Just for Becca! :)

llurgy
11-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Awwwww!! That brought tears to my eyes! Kayla will have just turned 13 on the 17th of Jan so she is thinking of this as a bday trip along with Nick's MAW. We will have to plan something really special. Kayla is really shy and quiet and has never had more than a friend or two over for her bday's. Maybe we can plan a pizza night or something for the two of them at GKTW!

Give Becca a big hug from us! :lovestruc :grouphug:
Becca is not so quiet, she can talk the hind leg off a donkey AND an Elephant probably:lmao:
She is however very close to the few friends she does have - which is very few because we live very rural, she is an only child and she is home-schooled. She tends to give her friends lots of attention, maybe too much sometimes. Tell Kayla that she may find Becca a little immature, but very friendly :) She is a little immature from not having any competition or input which children get from their peers and siblings.

I wrote on your PTR but I will thank you again for posting a Picture of Kayla so Becca will be able to recognize her when we get to the village.

It's the Christmas Party at the village the day after we arrive so if we dont manage to meet up before then I am sure we will see each other for Christmas :)

Mandy

mom2lilnick
11-13-2008, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't worry about Kayla being to mature.. lol. She has epilepsy and has some gross motor issues, so it takes her a lot to keep up with her peers.

Does Becca like Sonic X by any chance?

llurgy
11-13-2008, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't worry about Kayla being to mature.. lol. She has epilepsy and has some gross motor issues, so it takes her a lot to keep up with her peers.

Does Becca like Sonic X by any chance?

Does it give you any sort of clue that I had to look up Sonic X on Google??:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Video game??

Becca likes the Sim Zoo, Sims, and games lie that. She also does Raymans Raving Rabbids 1 and 2 on the Wii.

mom2lilnick
11-13-2008, 07:32 PM
LOL! Yes, it is a video game, I suppose. Kayla is more into the cartoon tho. I guess also there is a whole fan character something or another. Kids make up their own stories to it. Kayla has written entire books based off the characters from the video game.

Kayla loves the Sim games tho. Noah loves Raving Rabbits!

maroo
11-14-2008, 10:31 AM
I feel like I am eavesdropping on a conversation...

This is so much fun to think that Becca and Kayla are going to get to meet! How fun.

:thumbsup2 :banana: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :woohoo: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

llurgy
11-14-2008, 11:58 AM
I feel like I am eavesdropping on a conversation...

This is so much fun to think that Becca and Kayla are going to get to meet! How fun.

:thumbsup2 :banana: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :woohoo: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Whoops, sorry:rotfl: :blush: :rolleyes1

We got a little carried away maybe?

Becca cant wait

Mandy

maroo
11-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Whoops, sorry:rotfl: :blush: :rolleyes1

We got a little carried away maybe?

Becca cant wait

Mandy

No, no no...I didn't mean it like that! :) :) :) I just read it all and thought how cool it all was...and then I was feeling bad that I was "listening in"...it was just funny!! :)

I know they are going to have a blast. I hate to set up the expectation for anyone...but I can totally see both girls really hitting it off and becoming "real life" friends. Ya know?

It is very neat to read...so talk on, sisters, talk on!! :)

mom2lilnick
11-14-2008, 05:16 PM
LOL! Sorry, we did get a little carried away. While Kayla is more of my typicically developing child.. for so long, it didn't feel that way, I love that she will have someone her age there that she is looking forward to meeting even if it is only for a short time.

teresajoy
11-17-2008, 12:50 PM
How is Becca feeling Mandy? I hope the morning sickness goes away soon! :grouphug:

I love hearing about Kayla and Becca meeting!!!

llurgy
11-17-2008, 02:10 PM
How is Becca feeling Mandy? I hope the morning sickness goes away soon! :grouphug:

I love hearing about Kayla and Becca meeting!!!

Well we thought the sickies had gone away but she did it again this morning. She had been fine over the weekend, we were waking her up early to drink Apple juice etc and it seemed to be working.
She was sick this morning @ 11am so it kinda puts mine and the doctors theories about it being sleep/low sugar related down the toilet - No Pun Intended:rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

She has coco krispies for breakfast so we are gonna experiment by changing those to plain Cheerios.
(Dont tell the doctor but I still think that it is hormonal ;) )

Mandy

Momma2dakidz
11-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Hope Becca is feeling better soon! Congrats on the wish trip!!!! I saw that you are now part of the dis big give too. Congrats! I am one of the sewers. I also actually know exactly where you live and just how rural and backwoods that area is. I actually stayed in cambridge and walked the tracks to bysville every day for 2 weeks searching for my friends lost dog. I live in Youngstown Ohio. If i can do anything please let me know! I cant wait to hear more!!!!

Becky

llurgy
11-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Hope Becca is feeling better soon! Congrats on the wish trip!!!! I saw that you are now part of the dis big give too. Congrats! I am one of the sewers. I also actually know exactly where you live and just how rural and backwoods that area is. I actually stayed in cambridge and walked the tracks to bysville every day for 2 weeks searching for my friends lost dog. I live in Youngstown Ohio. If i can do anything please let me know! I cant wait to hear more!!!!

Becky

Did you find the Dog??

We are even worse, we live in the rural part of rural Byesville:lmao: :lmao:
I admire all Big Give sewers and Disboutiquers, generosity doesnt even begin to describe you all :flower3: :hug:

Mandy

Tnkrbelle565
11-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Going back to read but wanted to say Hi :wave:

Made it over from the Big Give board and just wanted to say that your daughter is a riot. I LOVED all her commentary on the outfits!!!! You're lucky to have such a fun and bright child!!!

llurgy
11-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Welcome Big Givers :dance3: :banana: :banana: :banana: :dance3:

Teresa said she was putting Becca's Big Give up today, We at home are so excited about it!!

Becca says the Big Give PhotoBucket is just like a catalogue:lmao: :lmao:

It's snowed here today and we are going to go in the hot tub, fill one of the side pods with snow and play making snow balls and mini snow men.
It's nice when you can do this in the hot tub, you stay nice and toasty warm:laughing:

Tnkrbelle565
11-17-2008, 07:56 PM

Teresa said she was putting Becca's Big Give up today, We at home are so excited about it!!

It's snowed here today and we are going to go in the hot tub, fill one of the side pods with snow and play making snow balls and mini snow men.
It's nice when you can do this in the hot tub, you stay nice and toasty warm:laughing:

Hot tubbing in the snow...now I'm jealous ;) (other than the snow part :rotfl: )

Momma2dakidz
11-17-2008, 10:44 PM
OH geezus there is a more rural part than what i walked?!?!?! A town has it really bad when one of teh anchor stores is a Tractor Supply store....LOL (i say that with love since i grew up in salem ohio, which is VERY much like cambridge!)
No the dog has not been found. She was in our trap 3 times and we had a homeless man throwing rocks at her. Final straw was the warning shots. Sorry for the dog, we really did try to find her and save her. I am hoping she gets hungry enough and cold enough that she seeks refuge in the local hotel. We have a hefty reward out for her safe capture.

teresajoy
11-17-2008, 10:51 PM

I just love that Becca!

Hot tubing in the snow, what fun! :cold: It is cold and snowy here today too.

I'm sorry Becca is still not feeling well in the mornings! Just when you thought you had it gone!

Going back to read but wanted to say Hi :wave:

Made it over from the Big Give board and just wanted to say that your daughter is a riot. I LOVED all her commentary on the outfits!!!! You're lucky to have such a fun and bright child!!!

I know, didn't you just love it!

OH geezus there is a more rural part than what i walked?!?!?! A town has it really bad when one of teh anchor stores is a Tractor Supply store....LOL (i say that with love since i grew up in salem ohio, which is VERY much like cambridge!)
No the dog has not been found. She was in our trap 3 times and we had a homeless man throwing rocks at her. Final straw was the warning shots. Sorry for the dog, we really did try to find her and save her. I am hoping she gets hungry enough and cold enough that she seeks refuge in the local hotel. We have a hefty reward out for her safe capture.

What kind of dog was this?

You mean TSC isn't the anchor store in every town???? :confused3

llurgy
11-17-2008, 11:24 PM
We have a Super Walmart too!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Clutterbug
11-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi there! I just found my way here from the DisBoutiquers Big Give. Becca's comments about the outfits sounded so much like my daughter Megan. She is a tomboy and while most of the girls love the ruffles and twirls, she's most happy with plain capris to go with the outfits that i make her. She also has very little interest in the princesses. She's more Tink - "so not a princess!"

I know at the begining of your PTR you talked about not doing character meals and I don't know if you 've made your dining choices but one place that my kids and my niece and nephew (ages 6,8,8,10) all loved was the Coral Reef. The food was okay, but they really enjoyed the giant aquarium.

maroo
11-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I just love that Becca!

Hot tubing in the snow, what fun! :cold: It is cold and snowy here today too.

I'm sorry Becca is still not feeling well in the mornings! Just when you thought you had it gone!

I know, didn't you just love it!

What kind of dog was this?

You mean TSC isn't the anchor store in every town???? :confused3

I am SOOOO Jealous...all of this talk about SNOW! I WANT SOME!!!!!!

Not all the time...but maybe ONCE this YEAR? Even some ice would be ok with me (as long as everyone stays safe and our power is not out forever!)

On second thought...maybe no ice....

But snow...would be so nice!! :cloud9:

"You mean TSC isn't the anchor store in every town???? :confused3"

all i have to say about that is... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :upsidedow

maroo
11-18-2008, 02:53 PM
We have a Super Walmart too!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

If you have a super Walmart...then THAT is a totally different story!!

1 stop light and a Walmart...and you are considered a "town"... :)

Superwalmart...well, that makes you a CITY! :)

teresajoy
11-18-2008, 03:03 PM
If you have a super Walmart...then THAT is a totally different story!!

1 stop light and a Walmart...and you are considered a "town"... :)

Superwalmart...well, that makes you a CITY! :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey, we have a TSC, a stoplight AND a SUPER Walmart!!! Are we a metropolis?????
:banana: :banana: :banana:

llurgy
11-18-2008, 03:12 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey, we have a TSC, a stoplight AND a SUPER Walmart!!! Are we a metropolis?????

When I talked about SuperWalmart and Momma2dakidz talked about Tractor Supply, we were talking about a neighboring town :scared1:

The town where I live actually has only One Stop light, and a MacDonalds:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Momma2dakidz
11-18-2008, 04:07 PM
I am just dying over here, they have NOOOOOOOOOOOO clue on your town!

People think i am weird because i have 4 acres and a house out in the country and its sitting vacant, while i live on a city lot in YOUNGSTOWN. I just cant move back to the middle of no where.

Hey atleast the neighboring town has a dairyqueen!!!!! YAHOOO

And they HAVE to have a SUPER walmart, there are NO other grocery stores!!!!!!!

And the dog is a husky mix, have you seen the LEDA posters? We plastered them everywhere, i have a feeling that homeless guy tore them down though. (we refused to pay him to stop scaring the dog away)

I am glad you can laugh about the town, i wasnt sure how to explain it to people who have never been there before.

maroo
11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
you guys are so funny!!!

I do live in a "real city"...but am originally from Arkansas...so I know all about "those" towns you guys are talking about. :)

lol

Now, back to Becca's TR... :)

I am so glad that you guys are going to be part of the Big Give...so...let me go run and check that out!!!!!!! Back soon........ :)

llurgy
11-18-2008, 08:21 PM
you guys are so funny!!!

I do live in a "real city"...but am originally from Arkansas...so I know all about "those" towns you guys are talking about. :)

lol

Now, back to Becca's TR... :)

I am so glad that you guys are going to be part of the Big Give...so...let me go run and check that out!!!!!!! Back soon........ :)

We like our small town, so long as we have transport to get back to the real world once in a while, we are good:thumbsup2

Becca is excited that her Big Give has started........She keeps forgetting she is 12 years old and keeps asking me how long we have to go until Disney Calendar ?:rolleyes1 Look-it-up?:rolleyes1 :rolleyes:
Oh, she keeps on refreshing the page on here to see if Eyeore on the Ticker has moved a millimeter since last time she looked:upsidedow :upsidedow

teresajoy
11-20-2008, 03:47 PM
When I talked about SuperWalmart and Momma2dakidz talked about Tractor Supply, we were talking about a neighboring town :scared1:

The town where I live actually has only One Stop light, and a MacDonalds:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We have many "towns" like that around here too! Blink and you miss it! But, they don't have a McDonald's, and one of the stores on "Main" St. fell down into the road last month. I'm not sure how long it was before anyone noticed.......:rotfl2:

llurgy
11-20-2008, 04:04 PM
We have many "towns" like that around here too! Blink and you miss it! But, they don't have a McDonald's, and one of the stores on "Main" St. fell down into the road last month. I'm not sure how long it was before anyone noticed.......:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

munch704
11-23-2008, 10:00 AM
I found my way here. Nice to read about your upcoming trip. Becca is just a darling.

llurgy
12-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi all,
I dont seem to have been online much since Thanksgiving, sorry, just life, dentists/opticians/hospital and no other particular reasons:confused3 :flower3: .

Becca is still having a few unwell episodes, not everyday like before, maybe 3 or 4 over the last 2 weeks. It is definately her blood sugar because if we catch it in time (mum I dont feel so good stage) and feed and water her (horse much??:lmao: ) we can usually ward of any incidents.
We are still working with the Neuro 90 miles away to try and find meds to take away the headaches. We have also seen an in hospital opthamologist to make sure she hasnt anything on her optic nerve. Went for a MRA and a MRI with and without contrast on Monday. She has no malformation and no abcesses on her brain but does show a "slight" fullness to the brain. This was relayed via our family doctors office reading off the MRI report, we will have to wait until our Neuro reads to report to find out if "slight" fullness is anything bad or just one of those things.

Still trying to work out Oxygen for the plane with MAW/doctors.

Busy getting ready for Christmas :cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2: I Luuuuurve Christmas:woohoo: :woohoo: :lovestruc

To whomever the Fairy Godmother was that sent Becca a wonderful postcard from Disney.........Thank you so much:worship: :hug:
Becca is on :cloud9:

On the back of the postcard it says....
Becca,
Looking forward to seeing you soon,
The Whole Gang
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/DisneyPostcardMedium.jpg

maroo
12-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Gosh...my prayers to you on the fullness of the brain...maybe she is just FULL of smarts!! So many awesome brain cells that they just are having trouble all fitting in there! :) But I am praying for you guys.

I am getting excited about your trip! :)

llurgy
12-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Our First Big Give package arrived on Friday!!!!
We saved it until today to open because we didnt have enough time yesterday to give it the attention it deserved.
Thank You Jill Alvarez2003!!!

Becca got stuck into the opening of the package with Gusto!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/IMG_0049Small.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/IMG_0051Small.jpg

And out popped WHO?
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/IMG_0053Small.jpg

Well, it was Jack!!
As you can see from the photos, she doesnt like Jack very much :):lmao:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/IMG_0057Small.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/IMG_0058Small.jpg

Mmmmmm.....What else is in the box?
Becca reading.....
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/IMG_0060Small.jpg

This....
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/IMG_0062Small.jpg

A Wish T-Shirt! Becca has been coveting one of these, she has seen them on other Big Gives and has always said she would like one:worship:
So as you see from the photo, she didnt like this T-Shirt either:rotfl2:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/IMG_0064Small.jpg

As if that wasn't enough David and I also got a Wish T-shirt each too!!
We love them, thank you so much Jill!:cloud9:

Mine - I would rather have my fingernails pulled out one by one than have my photo taken so consider this a one off :)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/IMG_0066Small.jpg

His - He doesn't mind his photo taken but he asks you forgive the state of his un-shav-ed-ness please :)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/IMG_0069Small.jpg

Of course, Becca had to actually try hers on, she wanted to carry on wearing them after getting them on her body but I wouldnt let her.....Nasty Mummy:rolleyes1

Jack
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/IMG_0072Small.jpg

Wish
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/IMG_0073Small.jpg

Thanks so much Jill, you bought a lot of excitement to our house today and we really appreciate it loads!!!:hug:

Mandy

Khalana
12-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Awww! Becca is SOOO cute!!! And those shirts are AWESOME!! :) Way to go Big Give group!! :thumbsup2 And what do you mean you don't like to have your picture taken?? You are so pretty!!!! You're all a very good-looking family!

mom2lilnick
12-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Awesome!!!!

maroo
12-21-2008, 04:04 PM
she is so precious!!! great pics! can't wait to see more!! :)

HeatherSue
12-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Yay!! Your first package! I love the pictures! It's too bad Becca didn't like anything. :lmao: :rotfl2: She is so cute!

Thank you for "modeling" your shirt for us. We really appreciate it! I agree, you are too pretty to not like your picture taken!

tinytreasures
12-21-2008, 09:05 PM
you all look great :lovestruc

jmskinner
12-21-2008, 09:24 PM
I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't received an update on your PTR, and poof here it was! Those t-shirts are great and Becca's smile just made my day! Wow, not long now before you leave.

teresajoy
12-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Mandy, I have to ask you, with that smile, is there ANYTHING you wouldn't do for her??? It just makes me so happy to see her smiling face!!

I just love all these pictures!! I'm so happy she was so happy!!! And I agree, you are waay too pretty to hide from any camera!!! You are a great looking family!

jessica52877
12-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Look at Becca's great smile! I am glad she liked all that stuff in the package! Thank you for modeling yours too!

Can't wait to see more big give stuff and updates!

nikkers
12-30-2008, 01:05 PM
I just came across your report. I have to subscribe. I can't wait to read through your whole report. We are going to be at Disney at the same time. We also arrive on the 21st! I hope Becca has a magical vacation!

llurgy
12-30-2008, 10:16 PM
I just came across your report. I have to subscribe. I can't wait to read through your whole report. We are going to be at Disney at the same time. We also arrive on the 21st! I hope Becca has a magical vacation!

Oh neat, maybe we will see each other. Momtolilnick with be there at the same time though she arrives a little earlier.

Well, only just over 3 weeks left and we have gotten nothing done towards planning!! Thanksgiving, Christmas and other things (My Birthday today, I am in my second childhood at ?? years old) seem to have pushed Disney off its pedestal....BUT......we have to get cracking, we have so much to plan and so little time to do it.
Just been told by MAW that the oxygen concentrator for the plane journey will be delivered on the 19th. That means we have a day for Bic to practice how to use it, we hope she manages to get the hang of it.

ta-ta-for-now

Mandy

mom2lilnick
12-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Are you all getting excited yet! We are just about over the moon!!! Dh just got someone lined up to cat sit, we are just looking for someone to take Noah's chameleon.

Oh.. and we got an email from GKTW yesterday!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

llurgy
12-30-2008, 10:48 PM
I thought that maybe you could all do with a laugh. This is what my Sister-In-Law in England sent me through the mail.:rotfl2:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/MandyZimmerBirthdayCardMedium.jpg

teresajoy
12-30-2008, 11:01 PM
I thought that maybe you could all do with a laugh. This is what my Sister-In-Law in England sent me through the mail.:rotfl2:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/MandyZimmerBirthdayCardMedium.jpg

Very funny!

LindaBabe
01-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi Mandy! You're going to have a wonderful time at the world - remember - in Disney, your age is really YOUR SHOE SIZE!

llurgy
01-04-2009, 02:02 PM
We got a Big Give package yesterday!!!!!
We have been busy with visitors but I will update with photo's tomorrow I promise!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

Mandy

teresajoy
01-04-2009, 09:10 PM
We got a Big Give package yesterday!!!!!
We have been busy with visitors but I will update with photo's tomorrow I promise!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

Mandy

OOOOH! I can't wait for some more pictures!!!

llurgy
01-05-2009, 02:31 PM
On Saturday we received a Big Give package from gcast1, thanks so much Glenda!!!!!
We had visitors at the weekend so todays is the first chance I have had to post to photobucket and update our pre-trippie.

So without further ado........
Becca going into the package after waiting ages for Daddy to find the camera
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/1Thebeginning.jpg

A Lovely wrapped package complete with ribbon, name tag and a card, Rebecca lurves opening pressies, you would think the excitement would have palled after Christmas, but nope
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/2Insidethebox.jpg

Rebecca opens cards very strangely, she kinda opens all 4 bits instead of just the flap, it takes ages, we fell asleep waiting....zzzzzz
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/3Openingthecard.jpg

Zzzzzz......Woke up in time to take a piccie of the pooh card, I forgot to mention that the paper was Pooh too:)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/4Cardfront.jpg

Read the card, Becca says she will say hello to Mickey for you Glenda!!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/5Readingthecard.jpg

At last she says, the present, can she open it now?
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/6Thepresentatlast.jpg

A pen with rubber Googly bits on its head.....Loves it!:hug:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/7Pen.jpg

Becca loves Tigger and found his flashing nose straight away, she was worried however because his nose didnt turn off for ages and she thought his bottles (batteries = Bottles of energy) would run out so nobody is allowed to press his nose now :)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/8Tigger.jpg

A Pooh Diary, complete with padlock and keys - she has replaced the keys with the clip on the bobbley pen because she says she doesnt have secrets and the pen fits with the diary:rotfl:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/9Lockablediary.jpg

A Disney Wordsearch book, she is already planning to use it on the plane
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/10wordsearchbook.jpg

She has no idea what this is at this point, no idea at all:confused:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/11Roll-up.jpg

Whoa, neat.....Crayola twistables, Becca loves twistables, she says they are the elite of all crayons :worship:. She got her arms in a kind of a mess trying to hold it up to the camera
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/12contortianist.jpg

She has gotten herself sorted out in this one :)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/13showingoff.jpg

Pictures of what Rebecca calls her Loot, spread out.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/14alltheloot.jpg

Her loot again but a different picture because she says you cant see the diary properly in any of the others.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Big%20Give%2001-04-2009/15alltheloot.jpg

Becca says "Thank you so much Glenda, specially for the Bobbley pen and the Roll up"

Did I mention, she really loves the roll up :)

David and I say thank you too Glenda and a big thanks for all the Big Give DISboutiquers:worship: :worship:

Mandy and Becca

HeatherSue
01-05-2009, 03:20 PM
That girl warms my heart! :love:

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the Becca commentary. She is such a funny, sweet, appreciative little girl. I just love her!

That Glenda is just wonderful, isn't she?

llurgy
01-05-2009, 03:59 PM
That girl warms my heart! :love:

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the Becca commentary. She is such a funny, sweet, appreciative little girl. I just love her!

That Glenda is just wonderful, isn't she?

Glenda is Wonderful yes! :worship: :worship: :lovestruc
So are all of the Boutiquers!!:dance3:

I must say though the crayon roll-ups are such a very novel idea, I just love em:love:

mom2lilnick
01-05-2009, 05:00 PM
So cute! I love the pics!

llurgy
01-05-2009, 06:08 PM
LOL!! I was just looking at the photo's I just posted and noticed that from beginning to the penultimate photo her legs and feet are in exactly the same position :scared1:
She was tired that day but that is beyond acceptable, she never moved at all!:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Mandy

gcast1
01-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Mandy, thank YOU for posting such awesome pictures of precious Becca and for allowing us to be a part of your magical trip. It is truly a blessing to be able to help bring a smile or two to your family - especially that bustin'-out-all-over smile that Miss Becca has! She's a charmer, that girl!

Glenda

llurgy
01-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Mandy, thank YOU for posting such awesome pictures of precious Becca and for allowing us to be a part of your magical trip. It is truly a blessing to be able to help bring a smile or two to your family - especially that bustin'-out-all-over smile that Miss Becca has! She's a charmer, that girl!

Glenda

Hi Glenda, glad you could visit the thread so we could thank you in (virtual) person :)
Thank you Glenda!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Becca has a great smile, it transforms her face. She is getting pretty self conscious about her crooked teeth and is looking forward (with trepidation) to having braces on in a couple of months. Luckily she forgets to be self conscious so her smile gets let loose more often than not :rotfl:

Mandy

maroo
01-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Wow!!! How awesome. I just love, love, love watching her open that stuff up!!! :)

Awesome Big Gives!

jessica52877
01-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Those are the BEST play by play pictures ever! Her smile just shines through and I was laughing at her all twisted and having to get the perfect picture! Her happiness pops right out of the page, so much so I was smiling so much DH asked me what I was so happy about!

teresajoy
01-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Hi Glenda, glad you could visit the thread so we could thank you in (virtual) person :)
Thank you Glenda!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Becca has a great smile, it transforms her face. She is getting pretty self conscious about her crooked teeth and is looking forward (with trepidation) to having braces on in a couple of months. Luckily she forgets to be self conscious so her smile gets let loose more often than not :rotfl:

Mandy

Mandy, whenever I need a pick me up during the day, I come here to see Becca's smiling face!!! She has the most beautiful and wonderful smile ever! :hug:

Those pictures have absolutely made my day!!! Oh her excitement is just wonderful!!! I love it! What a wonderful child you two have!!!! You must feel so blessed! I sure do having got to "know" you guys!

Ok, ok, I'm going to start getting all mushy if I don't stop! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

llurgy
01-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Mandy, whenever I need a pick me up during the day, I come here to see Becca's smiling face!!! She has the most beautiful and wonderful smile ever! :hug:

Those pictures have absolutely made my day!!! Oh her excitement is just wonderful!!! I love it! What a wonderful child you two have!!!! You must feel so blessed! I sure do having got to "know" you guys!

Ok, ok, I'm going to start getting all mushy if I don't stop! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am making sure that Becca reads all of the comments about her smile, you have all boosted her confidence enormously and my heartfelt thanks goes out to you all
Thank you!!!!

I love posting all of the photo's on here, It also serves a double purpose......It gives you and all the Disboutiquers a ring-side seat and it also gives our family a permanent reminder of what is happening here and now to look back on after this is all over.

Mandy

llurgy
01-06-2009, 01:33 PM
We finally did something with Becca's wheelchair!

We took it all apart, prepared and painted all the black painted bits on the chair (couldn't spray the chrome)and re-assembled 10 days later after it had all dried for the prescribed amount of time.

It was quite hard work actually, we had to mask everything on every piece we wanted to spray to make sure that bearings and rubber end caps, nuts and bolts didnt get any fall-out. We painted the wheels and the front castors so all of the tire bit had to be masked and those took 2 days just to mask!
We didnt spray the large wheels until the very last and we decided that they were going to get sprayed thoroughly on the rims but just get a very light spraying on the spoke parts as covering them completely was going to mean you could see us coming 100 miles away, the paint was quite bright :)

Becca picked the red color, she did want flourescent pink but we vetoed it as it was only sold in matt and wouldnt have ever looked 'finished'.

We bought a gloss metal look spray paint for the frame and a 'paint for plastics' on the wheels and seat sides.
We have no idea how it is going to stand the tests of time but we like the result that we got.
Becca is just happy that she has a custom chair and that it is going to Disney with us :)

Before
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Custom%20Wheelchair/Wheelchair1.jpg

After
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Custom%20Wheelchair/Wheelchair2.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Custom%20Wheelchair/Wheelchair3.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Custom%20Wheelchair/Wheelchair4.jpg

HeatherSue
01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Custom%20Wheelchair/th_Wheelchair3.jpg

WOW!!!! You did a terrific job! My husband paints cars and I know how much work it can be just to get it ready to paint. Now you know why they charge so much to paint cars!

I'm thinking it needs some flames on the sides....

msce2
01-06-2009, 01:59 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:bday:

I'm so excited to hear more about your trip! The T-Shirts looked awesome!

llurgy
01-06-2009, 02:17 PM
WOW!!!! You did a terrific job! My husband paints cars and I know how much work it can be just to get it ready to paint. Now you know why they charge so much to paint cars!

Okayyyyy....Now I have to veto this thread from Becca, she will be moaning now because there are no flames:mad: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: Only joking :)
She can whistle for them, no way are we taking it apart again:rotfl:

We would have taken it to be professionally done but the wheelchair is on its last legs and is not worth the expense involved.

Mandy

llurgy
01-06-2009, 02:44 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:bday:

I'm so excited to hear more about your trip! The T-Shirts looked awesome!

Welcome and thank you for the Birthday wishes:)
I agree, the Tee's are fabulous arent they?

Mandy

gcast1
01-06-2009, 03:14 PM
I knew that Becca was a girl after my own heart - you could paint ANYTHING red and I would love, love, love it! She's going to be stylin' at Disney, that's for sure! My kids gave me a new red phone for Christmas and I love it.:thumbsup2

Glenda

maroo
01-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh my goodness!! It is your birthday?!?!

Happy Birthday!!!!

mom2lilnick
01-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Cool wheels! I love the color red too!

kimmylaj
01-06-2009, 05:44 PM
i was hearing lurking at your first post and somehow got lost but i found my way back . hip hip hooray. i love seeing her open her surprises, such fun.
also i live in ny ( staten island to be exact) and my nearest super walmart is so very far away all the talk of super walmart makes me jealous, macys and nordstroms have nothing on super walmart. also i love the wheelchair painting although i would vote for minnie dots rather than flames . just kidding it looks great. cant wait to hear more.:hippie: i just thought becca would like this smiley so i added it on.

jham
01-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Great pictures of Becca! Her smile does tend to light up a dreary (or I should say snowy around here) day! Too bad our trips do not cross. My DD would get along great with your DD.

llurgy
01-06-2009, 06:33 PM
I knew that Becca was a girl after my own heart - you could paint ANYTHING red and I would love, love, love it! She's going to be stylin' at Disney, that's for sure! My kids gave me a new red phone for Christmas and I love it.:thumbsup2

Glenda
As stated red came in second to the flourescent pink but beat blue, purple and green by miles, yellow was in contention too but she dismissed it in case it attracted bugs in the warmer months :) Becca is like me, bug phobic, I wonder where she got it from ? :confused3 :rotfl:

Oh my goodness!! It is your birthday?!?!

Happy Birthday!!!!

Nope was my birthday on the 30th of December :) I posted a piccie of the card my darling sister-in-law sent me on previous post, a page back I think. She made a card with an old lady plus zimmer frame stating my name on the front of the card and my face substituted for the old lady's face. She thought she was being funny....lol....thing is she is 6 months older than I am:lmao: :lmao:

Thanks! We like it and thought it turned out pretty well since we did not know a thing about what we were doing.

i was hearing lurking at your first post and somehow got lost but i found my way back . hip hip hooray. i love seeing her open her surprises, such fun.
also i live in ny ( staten island to be exact) and my nearest super walmart is so very far away all the talk of super walmart makes me jealous, macys and nordstroms have nothing on super walmart. also i love the wheelchair painting although i would vote for minnie dots rather than flames . just kidding it looks great. cant wait to hear more.:hippie: i just thought becca would like this smiley so i added it on.

I like Walmart :) (I have to as we dont have anything else) I just wish we had a Target and a Mall too!
Becca says that we could have Minnie Dots with the flames on top. Those side pods are starting to be a bit full so she says that one side would have the Minnie dots and flames but the other side could have something else.
I said that that would look a little odd as the sides wouldnt match up. She said that you cant see both sides at the same time so how would anyone even know!!:headache: :headache: I hate smart Alec kids:laughing: :laughing:
Rebecca says she loves the smiley and cool beans back to you :):banana: :banana: :banana:

Mandy and Becca

llurgy
01-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Great pictures of Becca! Her smile does tend to light up a dreary (or I should say snowy around here) day! Too bad our trips do not cross. My DD would get along great with your DD.

Thanks Jeanne,
I read your TR from October and totally enjoyed it, are you going to do another for February?
We have freezing rain here, I'll swap it for your snow yes??

Are you going to Disney for your Birthday when all the other DISBoutiquers are going?

I would have loved to go at the time but the dates didn't work for DH's work.

Mandy

llurgy
01-06-2009, 06:50 PM

Amy, your countdown ticker looks a lot scarier than mine, mine says '2 weeks and 1 day' and yours says ''1 week and 6 days'. S'funny how 2 days can make THAT much difference isnt it? Our trip sounds lots further away than yours.

eyor44
01-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Hello Mandy!
I am back and have caught up on your thread. Happy "Late" Birthday to you. Love all the pics. The Wish shirts are wonderful and I want to learn how to make a crayon roll up. Love the paint job on the chair. Perhaps you could find stick ons for the flames and dots. Then she could change them as the mood struck her.
Lisa

llurgy
01-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Hello Mandy!
I am back and have caught up on your thread. Happy "Late" Birthday to you. Love all the pics. The Wish shirts are wonderful and I want to learn how to make a crayon roll up. Love the paint job on the chair. Perhaps you could find stick ons for the flames and dots. Then she could change them as the mood struck her.
Lisa

Hi Lisa, we must have been writing on each others threads at the same time :) :)

Good idea with the stick ons....I may have to go a'lookin'

Mandy

teresajoy
01-07-2009, 07:54 AM
We finally did something with Becca's wheelchair!

We took it all apart, prepared and painted all the black painted bits on the chair (couldn't spray the chrome)and re-assembled 10 days later after it had all dried for the prescribed amount of time.

It was quite hard work actually, we had to mask everything on every piece we wanted to spray to make sure that bearings and rubber end caps, nuts and bolts didnt get any fall-out. We painted the wheels and the front castors so all of the tire bit had to be masked and those took 2 days just to mask!
We didnt spray the large wheels until the very last and we decided that they were going to get sprayed thoroughly on the rims but just get a very light spraying on the spoke parts as covering them completely was going to mean you could see us coming 100 miles away, the paint was quite bright :)

Becca picked the red color, she did want flourescent pink but we vetoed it as it was only sold in matt and wouldnt have ever looked 'finished'.

We bought a gloss metal look spray paint for the frame and a 'paint for plastics' on the wheels and seat sides.
We have no idea how it is going to stand the tests of time but we like the result that we got.
Becca is just happy that she has a custom chair and that it is going to Disney with us :)

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Custom%20Wheelchair/th_Wheelchair4.jpg

Mandy, it looks fantastic!!!You guys did such a great job on this! Much better than black! Becca needs a good flashy wheelchair! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I was going to mention that Henry paints cars, but you did it, so I won't.

Yep, flames! :thumbsup2

llurgy
01-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Over the past 4 or 5 days we have watched loads of youtube videos. David just put Disney World into a search and basically download a load of vidoes then we watched them on the TV.
It was very informative and gave us and Becca some idea of what she should or shouldnt be able to cope with. She still wants to do Everest and Big Thunder Mountain, even after see the ride about a dozen times each....we will see how she goes on a lesser ride before attempting those two though.

In the course of watching all these videos we made sure we skipped ones we had a good idea of so it would spoil it for us, things like Haunted Mansion and POC, but have you any idea how many people use the same music in their videos, we have been brainwashed, especially by one certain song!
I just dont know whether I can stomach the ride now and Becca puts her fingers in her ears and goes LaLaLaLa to drowned it out :)

I bet you will never guess what it is (not):rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mandy

teresajoy
01-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Over the past 4 or 5 days we have watched loads of youtube videos. David just put Disney World into a search and basically download a load of vidoes then we watched them on the TV.
It was very informative and gave us and Becca some idea of what she should or shouldnt be able to cope with. She still wants to do Everest and Big Thunder Mountain, even after see the ride about a dozen times each....we will see how she goes on a lesser ride before attempting those two though.

In the course of watching all these videos we made sure we skipped ones we had a good idea of so it would spoil it for us, things like Haunted Mansion and POC, but have you any idea how many people use the same music in their videos, we have been brainwashed, especially by one certain song!
I just dont know whether I can stomach the ride now and Becca puts her fingers in her ears and goes LaLaLaLa to drowned it out :)

I bet you will never guess what it is (not):rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mandy
Too funny Mandy! I have NO idea what song you could be talking about! :rotfl:

I've always thought of Thunder Mountain as one of the fairly tame coasters at Disney. My kids have liked that one since they were little squirts!

Momma2dakidz
01-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Oh Becca that chair is so awesome! I just LOVE the bright red!!!!

gcast1
01-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Now if it's the song I'm thinking of...my DGD and I LOVE that song! On our Disney trip last Dec. my DIL would NOT teach us the words to the song so we sang it all the time only knowing half the words...THEN the nicest lady taught us the words while we were waiting for the big kids to ride Test Track :thumbsup2. We were not the most popular in our group after that!:confused3

Glenda

jmskinner
01-08-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm sure it is the song I am thinking of. My DMIL covered her ears every time we walked past the ride and refused to ride it, so I didn't get to ride it on my first trip to WDW.

But, when we went for MNSSHP, we got on the ride, called her and when we got her answering maching, we held up the phone so she could hear it. Sadly she said she couldn't. Oh well, we tried.

llurgy
01-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Too funny Mandy! I have NO idea what song you could be talking about! :rotfl:

I've always thought of Thunder Mountain as one of the fairly tame coasters at Disney. My kids have liked that one since they were little squirts!

I'll bet you dont know, yeah right!:rotfl:

So Thunder mountain wont make her breathless or take her breath away? What about Test Track?

Oh Becca that chair is so awesome! I just LOVE the bright red!!!!

Sorry it isnt pink or lime green :guilty:

Now if it's the song I'm thinking of...my DGD and I LOVE that song! On our Disney trip last Dec. my DIL would NOT teach us the words to the song so we sang it all the time only knowing half the words...THEN the nicest lady taught us the words while we were waiting for the big kids to ride Test Track :thumbsup2. We were not the most popular in our group after that!:confused3

Glenda

The second Verse?? Minus the last line:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide

I'm sure it is the song I am thinking of. My DMIL covered her ears every time we walked past the ride and refused to ride it, so I didn't get to ride it on my first trip to WDW.

But, when we went for MNSSHP, we got on the ride, called her and when we got her answering maching, we held up the phone so she could hear it. Sadly she said she couldn't. Oh well, we tried.

T'would have been really funny if you could have got it to work on her answer phone :)

It's really good, I only have to threaten to sing it when she is trying to slack off whilst homeschooling and she gets right back to school :)
How are we going to actually pluck up courage to go on this Disney Cult ride??

llurgy
01-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Update:
Our Wish granters are coming on Sunday afternoon with our itinerary, flight times, expense check etc :):dance3:

Mandy

gcast1
01-08-2009, 01:34 PM
A big YEA on the wish granters coming! Oh, and thanks for the second verse - now I will be able to REALLY drive my DIL nuts the next time I see her plus I'm going to teach it to DGD too. You know what they say about the evil mother-in-law...

Glenda

maroo
01-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Oh my gosh...

You guys are cracking me up!!! :)

lol

jmskinner
01-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Well, I didn't think Test Track was that wild, buy my DMIL (ok, she keeps coming up in this conversation) said it was like a rollercoaster. It can be bumpy and jerky, but otherwise it is smooth. It does have some G forces on the curves at the high speeds. We love it though. Plus, it is the only ride you can get a photopass picture on the web and not have to purchase in the parks.

llurgy
01-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Rebecca received a letter today from Kayla (mom2lilnick's daughter. Becca will see Kayla at GKTW in about 2 weeks time)

Becca loves the drawings Kayla, she actually recognized Amy Rose but didnt know Frost. That is no reflection on your drawings though as they were perfect! Rebecca just doesnt watch Sonic :) She was VERY impressed with the Mickey, as were both David and I!:worship: :worship:

So onto the photo's, Kayla's Art Debut so as to say:)
(sorry about the Frost picture being a little bit dark, Becca was holding it up when I took the pic and she must have moved it. I tried to upload another but photobucket doesnt seem to want to play)

The opening
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Drawings%20from%20Kayla/IMG_0063Medium.jpg

Kayla, Noah and Nick
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Drawings%20from%20Kayla/IMG_0066Medium-1.jpg

Mickey!!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Drawings%20from%20Kayla/IMG_0067Medium.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Drawings%20from%20Kayla/IMG_0068Medium.jpg

Frost!!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Drawings%20from%20Kayla/IMG_0071Medium.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Drawings%20from%20Kayla/IMG_0072Medium.jpg

Amy Rose!!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Drawings%20from%20Kayla/IMG_0069Medium.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Drawings%20from%20Kayla/IMG_0070Medium.jpg

Surrounded
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Drawings%20from%20Kayla/IMG_0074Medium.jpg

eyor44
01-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Big Thunder Mountain is a good roller coaster. Kind of jerky some, but not real fast and no BIG hills. Sit up front and it is even tamer. John and I always try to sit in the back. Aly rode it for the first time this trip and at first was scared but then rode it three more times. Test Track takes off fast at the end, but you can see it from outside, so you can judge it before you get in line.

jham
01-08-2009, 10:08 PM

Oh, THAT song! :lmao: my DD3 just discovered that song and LOOOVES to sing it as she dances around, so I'm kind of liking it at the moment

Kayla is a great artist!

llurgy
01-09-2009, 08:35 AM
We have been told our flight times :)

We get picked up on the 21st at 8.15am
We fly at 10.51am
Land at 1.09pm

Depart on the 27th
Fly at 12.00pm
Land at home 2.15pm
Get driven home.

We are going to have to leave GKTW pretty early in the morning.

Mandy

AshleyMWC
01-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I am finally back and caught up on your TR! It sounds like everything is finally starting to come together now, so just relax and enjoy it- it will be over before you know it :guilty:

llurgy
01-09-2009, 12:49 PM
I am finally back and caught up on your TR! It sounds like everything is finally starting to come together now, so just relax and enjoy it- it will be over before you know it :guilty:

I know what you are talking about.
I feel as if I just want to look forward to it forever because I dont want it to be over.

eyor44
01-09-2009, 10:38 PM
I know what you are talking about.
I feel as if I just want to look forward to it forever because I dont want it to be over.

I agree. I had so much fun planning.

mom2lilnick
01-10-2009, 06:45 PM
I love the pics of Becca! Kayla says she doesn't know Frost because it is a made up character that she uses in her stories. lol..

llurgy
01-12-2009, 11:19 AM
A Big Give package arrived on Saturday!! Becca opened it yesterday but I haven't had the time until now to update with photo's.

Excitement ruled our roost again! What could it be??
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Autograph%20Book/IMG_0188Medium.jpg

Getting nearer...
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Autograph%20Book/IMG_0191Medium.jpg

She is getting nearer, she knows it is very pretty but she still has no idea what it is :)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Autograph%20Book/IMG_0195Medium.jpg

She has finally figured out what it is and as you can see from her face, she didnt want one of these:rotfl:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Autograph%20Book/IMG_0197Medium.jpg

Reading the front and exclaiming gleefully about the fact it has her name on it, and how pretty it is, and look at those beads and ribbons down the edge.....and, and, and :)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Autograph%20Book/IMG_0205Medium.jpg

A personalized Autograph Book and she loves it!!!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Autograph%20Book/IMG_0202Medium.jpg

Thanks Amy (no Dis username :(, sorry)
Becca really, really loves it, she loves the size and the theme and everything about it! She cant believe you made it!!

I dont think the mailman is going to be able to ever come to our house again without Becca wondering if there is anything for her :)

Mandy

HeatherSue
01-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I guess people will just have to keep sending Becca stuff in the mail, indefinitely! :lmao: I think it would be worth it to see her beautiful smile! I love her! I also love her very cool animal print outfit!

The book looks great. I'm thinking it was Amyclutterbug that made it. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

llurgy
01-12-2009, 03:36 PM
I guess people will just have to keep sending Becca stuff in the mail, indefinitely! :lmao: I think it would be worth it to see her beautiful smile! I love her! I also love her very cool animal print outfit!

The book looks great. I'm thinking it was Amyclutterbug that made it. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

Well Thank you to Amyclutterbug :):worship:

I dont think Becca would complain about having indefinite mail:laughing:

She loves her animal prints :lovestruc :love: :lovestruc
Can you see on the first piccie? The corner of her white Nintendo DS is just in the picture on the left hand side....Notice the top of it, she had to have it skinned with an animal print too:upsidedow

Clutterbug
01-13-2009, 09:27 AM
A Big Give package arrived on Saturday!! Becca opened it yesterday but I haven't had the time until now to update with photo's.http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Autograph%20Book/IMG_0205Medium.jpg
Thanks Amy (no Dis username :(, sorry)
Becca really, really loves it, she loves the size and the theme and everything about it! She cant believe you made it!!

I dont think the mailman is going to be able to ever come to our house again without Becca wondering if there is anything for her :)

Mandy

All the pictures are great, but this one absolutely makes my day - that smile is priceless!

I'm so glad the Becca likes her autograph book. :banana: I know I strayed away from the typical Disney theme, but after reading Becca's favorites and looking through my supplies, those papers just jumped out at me. I really hoped that they would be okay.

Thanks so much for sharing with us and have a fabulous trip!!

llurgy
01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
We received BIG GIVE items yesterday!!! :D

Photos were taken but I havent had any chance to post them on here yet because I have spent the day shoveling snow:sad2:

Mandy

mom2lilnick
01-13-2009, 09:41 PM
YAY! I can't wait to see them.

mindymouse1
01-15-2009, 09:42 PM
I can't wait either!!! What a beautiful girl!! Too bad we will be leaving a few days before you get there!!!

llurgy
01-15-2009, 10:24 PM
I can't wait either!!! What a beautiful girl!! Too bad we will be leaving a few days before you get there!!!
LOL....We go next week and will be there when mom2lilnick is there, you just have your months mixed up is all :rotfl:
Mandy

mindymouse1
01-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Oops--- all this dissing and planning is frying my brain!!!! LOL!!! Maybe I should get some sleep :-)

teresajoy
01-15-2009, 11:46 PM
We received BIG GIVE items yesterday!!! :D

Photos were taken but I havent had any chance to post them on here yet because I have spent the day shoveling snow:sad2:

Mandy

Did you get that snow shoveled yet? If you are having the weather we are, you shouldn't be outside at all! It's -17 right now (-35 with the windchill). Geesh it's cold!

I hope to see pictures soon!

mom2lilnick
01-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Me too.. where are the pics? Today finally ends our cold streak but now it is snowing.

llurgy
01-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Me too.. where are the pics? Today finally ends our cold streak but now it is snowing.

I will post the pics honest, what with home schooling, shoveling snow for 3 hours yesterday and four hours the day before.....Not to mention that on your thread you mentioned this alien thing called packing that we are supposed to do.....I will get the piccies up today

llurgy
01-16-2009, 11:06 AM
The other day we were privileged enough to receive more goodies from the Big Give!! It is only today that I have had the time spare to update my Pre-Trip.

The first packet was a lovely Red envelope from Mary (Maroo)
Rebecca loved the envelope and wanted its picture taken :)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Maroo%20bracelets/LovelyEnvelope.jpg

Rebecca quickly started to hate the envelope because she couldnt get in it:rotfl: ....truly very, very sticky glue on those envelopes....
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Maroo%20bracelets/Cantopenit.jpg

Mom to the rescue, I tore into it quickly enough :) and the first thing out was a sweet letter from Maroo
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Maroo%20bracelets/Letterfirst.jpg

Totally engrossed in reading the letter
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Maroo%20bracelets/Reading.jpg

Out of the envelope comes a lovely green/marble stoned bracelet. Rebecca was astounded when I told her that you made it.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Maroo%20bracelets/Wow.jpg

She spent ages then going around the stones looking to see which was her favorite
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Maroo%20bracelets/Choosingherfavestone.jpg

It wasn't until she was putting the letter back in the envelope that she realized there was something else in there. Another bracelet, a pink one this time.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Maroo%20bracelets/2ndbracelet.jpg

Of course we had to go through five minutes of her picking out her favorite stone on this bracelet too (No bracelet for mummy :sad2: , she likes them both too much so I have to go whistle:snooty: . She says I can borrow though :) ) Here she is with both favorite stones lined up together
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Maroo%20bracelets/Pointingtoherfavestones.jpg

Thanks Maroo, she really loves them (I do too:rolleyes: ) She says you must be very clever and have really, really good eyes to be able to make them.

Mandy

teresajoy
01-16-2009, 11:44 AM
She spent ages then going around the stones looking to see which was her favorite
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Maroo%20bracelets/th_Choosingherfavestone.jpg

Thanks Maroo, she really loves them (I do too:rolleyes: ) She says you must be very clever and have really, really good eyes to be able to make them.

Mandy

Wow, those are so pretty!!! Mary, you did a great job! No problems about the pictures Mandy, we know you are busy! Hopefully you will have more to put up very soon! :thumbsup2

I love Becca's jammies! She looks so cute!!! And, I love that she wanted you to take a picture of the envelope!

maroo
01-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh gosh...they were studied! :) Wow...little scary! :goodvibes I am glad I tried to match those beads! :) lol

Thanks for posting those pics...they made me cry! She is precious.

I really just had to grab the red envelopes this time because I ran out of my other ones...but if she likes them, maybe I will have to use those in the future...(once I run out of the ones I got at Wally World!)...

Cracks me up that she got your bracelet, too. What we won't do for our kids! :) Maybe she will let you "borrow" one? :rotfl2:

Yes, I do have a pretty steady hand...used to beat all of my friends in "Operation"...remember that game?

And I have lots of time on my hands, too! :) I make them as I watch TV. :happytv:

Glad she liked them! :) You guys are going to have an awesome trip!

llurgy
01-16-2009, 12:29 PM
The same day Rebecca also received a package from Shannon (DisID - revrob)
Thanks Shannon:thumbsup2

Eager to get into the package
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/Excited.jpg

Received a cute little Tink/Castle card, the envelope was impressive too
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/CastleCard.jpg

She had to show Tink on the back whilst reading it :goodvibes
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/Tinkontheback.jpg

Wow!! Neat Zebra print shirt with a Pink Minnie head -complete with bow- on the front
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/ZebraPrintwithMinnieHead.jpg

Black pants with co-ordinated prints on the bottom. Becca was very quick to look and see that they were elasticated, she says THANKS for the elastic :):rotfl2:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/Pantstomatch.jpg

Posing with her new outfit on
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/Pose3.jpg

And again
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/Pose1.jpg

And again :)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/Pose2.jpg

Thanks Shannon for the happiness you bought to Becca, The clothes are a perfect fit and she wants to wear them now but I wont let her , so she is :sad:
She understands that she has to wait, but she does like to try her luck :)

Mandy

jessica52877
01-16-2009, 12:33 PM
What wonderful pictures of Becca opening the latest and the greatest! I love how she is so into everything and really looks at it and picked her favorite stone! Wow! Shannon's outfit is GREAT! Look at that perfect fit! Can't wait until she can wear it to the world! Have a GREAT trip in case I don't get to check back in.

llurgy
01-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Next up is a package from Anna (Disneymommieof2) :flower3:

Just a note about Becca's state of dress. It was late, bath time was over and so she was in her Jammies :)

Mmmmm....What have we here?
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Animal%20print%20skirt%20and%20Mickey%20head%20Tee/Thereveal.jpg

First a letter from Anna and Family.
Becca gets a kick out of reading all the letters and notes that arrive with the packages :)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Animal%20print%20skirt%20and%20Mickey%20head%20Tee/letter.jpg

In with the letter was a darling picture of a flower from Lucas. Becca says "Thanks Lucas, you are a good draw-er"
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Animal%20print%20skirt%20and%20Mickey%20head%20Tee/drawing.jpg

A beautiful Animal print skirt (with elastic waist - she looked double quick again :rotfl: )
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Animal%20print%20skirt%20and%20Mickey%20head%20Tee/animalprint.jpg

A Tee-Shirt to go with the skirts. The Mickey head is made out of the same print that is in the skirt, Becca thought this was sweet!!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Animal%20print%20skirt%20and%20Mickey%20head%20Tee/Mickeyhead.jpg

Time to try on the clothes and do some posing
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Animal%20print%20skirt%20and%20Mickey%20head%20Tee/Posing.jpg

She was getting silly, this was her Betty Boop Pose :rotfl:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Animal%20print%20skirt%20and%20Mickey%20head%20Tee/DoingtheBoop.jpg

This was when she was laughing at herself doing the Boop :rotfl2:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Animal%20print%20skirt%20and%20Mickey%20head%20Tee/laughingaboutposing.jpg

Thanks Anna, the clothes are wonderful, she will have to wear leggings under the skirt, but she generally does anyway, she is very modest and if she doesnt have any leggings under her skirts she refuses to bend over in case people see her bum :upsidedow

Thanks again all of the Big Givers for making our darling Becca a very happy girl :grouphug:

Mandy

maroo
01-16-2009, 01:08 PM
WOW!!

Those are PRECIOUS outfits!

And I love, love the picture of her laughing at herself. She is so neat! :)

llurgy
01-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Wow, those are so pretty!!! Mary, you did a great job! No problems about the pictures Mandy, we know you are busy! Hopefully you will have more to put up very soon! :thumbsup2
I love Becca's jammies! She looks so cute!!! And, I love that she wanted you to take a picture of the envelope!
They are pretty arent they? I particularly like the green one, I love how the stones look.
Becca's jammies.....it wasnt until she was trying her new outfits on that I even realized she had them on, oh well at least they are pretty ones and not her old worn outs that she refuses to throw away.

Oh gosh...they were studied! :) Wow...little scary! :goodvibes I am glad I tried to match those beads! :) lol

Thanks for posting those pics...they made me cry! She is precious.

I really just had to grab the red envelopes this time because I ran out of my other ones...but if she likes them, maybe I will have to use those in the future...(once I run out of the ones I got at Wally World!)...

Cracks me up that she got your bracelet, too. What we won't do for our kids! :) Maybe she will let you "borrow" one? :rotfl2:

Yes, I do have a pretty steady hand...used to beat all of my friends in "Operation"...remember that game?

And I have lots of time on my hands, too! :) I make them as I watch TV. :happytv:

Glad she liked them! :) You guys are going to have an awesome trip!

I am sure you try and match all the beads on every single bracelet you make Mary.
She wont let me throw the red envelope away:rolleyes:

She will let me borrow one but she wont give me one as the letter didnt state that one of them was supposed to be mine :) She says she will keep ""Mine"" for me for safe keeping :)
I dont think it is because she doesnt want me to have one, it is because she doesnt want to choose which one to let go because she likes them both.

What wonderful pictures of Becca opening the latest and the greatest! I love how she is so into everything and really looks at it and picked her favorite stone! Wow! Shannon's outfit is GREAT! Look at that perfect fit! Can't wait until she can wear it to the world! Have a GREAT trip in case I don't get to check back in.

Becca is a very appreciative child, she takes great pleasure in every little thing that is given to her or done for her. People are a bit wary because she is joyful of all of her presents and they dont know whether or not she really likes her presents or is just putting on a show.
I tell them that she really likes everything and would never put on a show, I dont thinks she knows how!!

All the pictures are great, but this one absolutely makes my day - that smile is priceless!

I'm so glad the Becca likes her autograph book. :banana: I know I strayed away from the typical Disney theme, but after reading Becca's favorites and looking through my supplies, those papers just jumped out at me. I really hoped that they would be okay.

Thanks so much for sharing with us and have a fabulous trip!!

Becca says the Autograph book is too Disney!! It has Tigger and Simba and a Minnie/Mickey head button so it is Disney and she loves it!!
She cant wait to use it and she says in reply to your note that she is going to go on Soarin' :thumbsup2

mom2lilnick
01-16-2009, 01:25 PM
awesome pictures, Becca is so beatiful!

disneymommieof2
01-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Awww she looks really cute in all her outfits!! Thanks for sharing pictures!!
Sorry her skirt was on the shorter. I think it was the first one I have done for any one over the age of six. And that has only been a few times! Next time I know to go longer! :thumbsup2
My grammy also helped with the skirt too! She made it look nice inside with her serger!
My kiddos, particularly lucas, Like to be involved too! They love looking at the pictures!

Have a great trip!

llurgy
01-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Awww she looks really cute in all her outfits!! Thanks for sharing pictures!!
Sorry her skirt was on the shorter. I think it was the first one I have done for any one over the age of six. And that has only been a few times! Next time I know to go longer! :thumbsup2
My grammy also helped with the skirt too! She made it look nice inside with her serger!
My kiddos, particularly lucas, Like to be involved too! They love looking at the pictures!

Have a great trip!

Her skirt is wonderful, as I said before she will wear leggings with it, any skirt shorter than just below the knee will always get leggings worn with it.
She loves it, and thank you Grammy for using her serger on it.

I do a little sewing, but only following a pattern, and I havent done any for a few years. I cannot "Ad Lib" sew.
I think I would do loads more sewing if I had a serger, it takes away so much of the monotony that comes with some sewing like finishing off seams and such.

tinytreasures
01-16-2009, 06:21 PM
great pictures she looks so happy all the time
sorry about your bracelet but I have to agree with her she needs both :lmao:

jham
01-16-2009, 06:48 PM
I love all the latest photos! Becca is a great model! She makes me laugh. I make my DD11 wear leggings under her skirts all the time, but especially at Disneyworld!

jessica52877
01-16-2009, 07:51 PM
They are pretty arent they? I particularly like the green one, I love how the stones look.
Becca's jammies.....it wasnt until she was trying her new outfits on that I even realized she had them on, oh well at least they are pretty ones and not her old worn outs that she refuses to throw away.

Becca is a very appreciative child, she takes great pleasure in every little thing that is given to her or done for her. People are a bit wary because she is joyful of all of her presents and they dont know whether or not she really likes her presents or is just putting on a show.
I tell them that she really likes everything and would never put on a show, I dont thinks she knows how!!

I think Becca needs to come give Dallas some lessons on being appreciative! I try to hard but he just isn't the way I would like him to be.

Becca's smile alone couldn't fake anything, she is just so sincere and I love that. I love the way she reads all the notes!

Anna's outfit looks great on! I love all the poses.

eyor44
01-16-2009, 10:23 PM
I love the outfits....and the bracelets....and the autograph book. I want to learn how to make those and the crayon roll-ups. Aly wore leggings under her skirts most days we were there as it was quite chilly. I just bought the simple plain ones from WalMart and they worked great.

teresajoy
01-16-2009, 11:09 PM

I can see from her face how sincere she is. I just love that! What a wonderful child!

I LOVE all the outfits you posted today!!! Shannon's shirt and capris are so cute on Becca!!! And Anna's skirt and top look great!!!! Thank you for all the pictures Mandy!!

Tink rules
01-17-2009, 03:36 AM
Great TR!!! And I hope you have an incredible time visiting WDW!!!

Tell Becca that she has a smile that lights up the room:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

And also please tell her that I LOVE her Mickey Mouse colors on her wheelchair!!!

Have fun and take lots of pictures... :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

llurgy
01-18-2009, 08:17 AM
We got more Big Gives over the last few days!!!

The first came on Friday and was from TeresaJoy!

Becca had a right job trying to get into the box, it was taped up tighter than Fort Knox, in fact I don’t think there was a piece of the box that didn’t have tape on it.
I finally had to go at it with the carving knife, but left a little so Becca actually did open the box
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Opening/IMG_0287Medium.jpg

What is this?? A Pink Football?
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Opening/IMG_0291Medium.jpg

Ah, wait though, she spies letters, and has to manhandle them out from under the Football
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Opening/IMG_0293Medium.jpg

Very intently reading the letter, I got one too and had to read mine to her…..there were a few puzzled looks as my letter refered to her gifts so I had to keep beeping my words out as I read :rotfl:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Opening/IMG_0297Medium.jpg

More up next post

llurgy
01-18-2009, 08:19 AM
The unwrapping

First came a mini pink Football that was buried beneath the Giant Pink Football – This smaller one got opened first because the Giant one fell out of the bag and rolled away. By the time I had rescued it she had already started unwrapping the mini
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0303Medium.jpg

Ummmm….It has Minnie dots……Could it be??
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0305Medium.jpg

Yes!!!! Sweet!!! It’s the Minnie dress that she wanted!. Becca had seen this in the photo’s she had been shown when her Big Give first started and she absolutely fell in love with it
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0306Medium.jpg

Look Dad, it’s the dress!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0307Medium.jpg

Hugging the dress, Mine all Mine
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0313Medium.jpg

All being Coy – or trying to be
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0361Medium.jpg

Standing up straight - Sorta
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0362Medium.jpg

Showing off the back
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0367Medium.jpg

Spinning this way
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0370Medium.jpg

Spinning that-a-way
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0371Medium.jpg

Full spinning
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0374Medium.jpg

Thanks Teresa!! She was very relieved to see the dress, she kept saying that maybe the person had made something else and that she didn’t know how much she had wanted the dress, if you could have heard the Whoop of joy when she figured out what it was!!

llurgy
01-18-2009, 08:22 AM
The Giant Pink Football

Becca was really puzzled about this one, it was heavy you see, but sorta soft too.

She didn’t waste any time untying the Football, once the ribbon untied it kinda opened itself, she got this “Can it be?” look
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0316Medium.jpg

Now she has the “I think it is…..And YES IT IS” Look
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0317Medium.jpg

Trying so hard to rescue it from it Pink Football skin….Honestly, it was really jammed in there, I have no idea how Teresa got it so tightly closed in the first place, I have gotten it back in its pink skin, but I haven’t managed to completely close it yet.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0319Medium.jpg

It’s a Petti-skirt!! She was overjoyed!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0325Medium.jpg

She was so excited in this photo, I decided to post it, even though it is blurred
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0327Medium.jpg

The pose
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0334Medium.jpg

Being coy
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0342Medium.jpg

Curtsey
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0335Medium.jpg

Spinning one side
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0349Medium.jpg

Spinning the other
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0348Medium.jpg

Doing the Can-Can
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0336Medium.jpg

Seeing how high the skirt goes
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0340Medium.jpg

From the back
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0339Medium.jpg

Totally blown it and puffed out after the spinning. She had to rest up for a while because she had overcooked it, but she said it was worth it
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/IMG_0355Medium.jpg

I do not know where other than Disney she is going to wear this but she loves it. She says it has all of her favorite colors in it and she just loves it, loves it, LOVES IT!!!

llurgy
01-18-2009, 08:26 AM
We had to have a modeling session with both the Animal Minnie print and the Petti.

Flower Girl, stood up all straight and proper
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Minnie%20petti%20skirt/IMG_0380Medium.jpg

Flower Girl, stood up not so straight. You notice her feet? That is how she generally stands, her feet are like that in some of the other photos too
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Minnie%20petti%20skirt/IMG_0377Medium.jpg

Marge Simpson gone wrong
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Minnie%20petti%20skirt/IMG_0385Medium.jpg
Hi Teresa!!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Minnie%20petti%20skirt/IMG_0382Medium.jpg

Really, really Thanks Teresa. She loves the Dress and Loves the petti. She knows that I think the Petti is just a piece of 'play' clothing but she says she doesnt care because she loves it:thumbsup2

mom2lilnick
01-18-2009, 08:40 AM
I love Becca, she is the best. I can't wait to meet up with you guys! I need to send you a PM after I get home from church.

Great clothes and what a beautiful model!

revrob
01-18-2009, 08:40 AM
The same day Rebecca also received a package from Shannon (DisID - revrob)
Thanks Shannon:thumbsup2

Eager to get into the package
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/Excited.jpg

Received a cute little Tink/Castle card, the envelope was impressive too
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/CastleCard.jpg

She had to show Tink on the back whilst reading it :goodvibes
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/Tinkontheback.jpg

Wow!! Neat Zebra print shirt with a Pink Minnie head -complete with bow- on the front
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/ZebraPrintwithMinnieHead.jpg

Black pants with co-ordinated prints on the bottom. Becca was very quick to look and see that they were elasticated, she says THANKS for the elastic :):rotfl2:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/Pantstomatch.jpg

Posing with her new outfit on
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/Pose3.jpg

And again
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/Pose1.jpg

And again :)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Zebra%20print%20pink%20Minnie%20head/Pose2.jpg

Thanks Shannon for the happiness you bought to Becca, The clothes are a perfect fit and she wants to wear them now but I wont let her , so she is :sad:
She understands that she has to wait, but she does like to try her luck :)

Mandy

I'm so glad to see these pics! Thanks so much for posting them! I hope you all have a magical trip - ENJOY!

HeatherSue
01-18-2009, 08:47 AM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/th_IMG_0361Medium.jpghttp://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/llurgy/Minnie%20Dress%20and%20Petti%20Skirt/Petti%20Skirt/th_IMG_0334Medium.jpg

Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures and commentary!!!! Teresa is going to be bawling when she sees the pictures of Becca and how happy she looks! I know I am a bit teary-eyed myself.

She looks beautiful in both outfits! Wow! I love them!

Just so you know, pettiskirts are appropriate attire for a quick trip to Walmart, church, the mall, the grocery store, etc...Just ask my nieces, or my daughter! :thumbsup2

mindymouse1
01-18-2009, 09:48 AM
WOW!!!!!!!! Becca sure looks Happy in all these pics:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes . Not too much longer for you guys and you will be there!!!! And we won't be far behind!!!:cool1:

She really is a beautiful girl with a wonderful smile!!!:thumbsup2 ;) :) :angel: :flower3: :wave2: ::yes::

tinytreasures
01-18-2009, 10:31 AM
those are great pictures :cheer2: