PDA

View Full Version : OKW photo wall at olivia's

mooses41
02-28-2001, 11:47 AM
Do they still accept photos to hang up at olivia's??

Ijunque
02-28-2001, 12:10 PM
Yes, except the pictures are hung in the Community Hall now.

shelbyjosh
02-28-2001, 01:08 PM
We will be leaving on Friday and when we get back I will let you know how much room is left on those walls! They say that once they are filled, they will not accept any more. :D

Michelle
DVC 2000
WDW...Been There, Done That, Going Back!

stephcm
02-28-2001, 03:05 PM
Just came back from OKW, and there is still plenty of room in the Community Hall for pictures.

HiddenMickey
02-28-2001, 08:12 PM
Are these photos of people like us. Families who visited OKW?
If so, what form do they take the pictures in?
Do we have to frame them or do they frame them?
Any size requirement?
Does anyone out there have one hanging of themselves?

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Disney

NJDVCmember
03-01-2001, 04:23 AM
Going to WDW for the first time as DVC members in July. We will be staying at OKW. Very interested in the wall of pictures. Do we bring down a picture of our family with us or do we get one taken there? Not sure what this wall is all about.

shelbyjosh
03-01-2001, 04:50 AM
Yes, most of them are framed. They range from 4x6 to 8x10. Some families have really done their frames nice. Ours is somewhat plain, like our family! Anyways, I will check it out tomorrow!! We can hardly wait! :D

Michelle
DVC 2000

Galahad
03-01-2001, 05:17 AM
Where in Olivia's or Community hall is you family's pic? How long did it take you to find it the first time? Ours is right over the entry way into Olivia's on the inside, visible as you are leaving the restaraunt. When they decorate for the holidays it is covered up.

Towncrier
03-01-2001, 07:20 AM
Ours moved when they remodeled Olivia's. It originally hung in the entrance. Now we're out in the Gurgling Suitcase. It's a picture of our kids dressed up like Pocahontas and John Smith from our very first visit to OKW in 1995.

http://www.corecomm.net/~hayes/tcmickey.jpg

shelbyjosh
03-01-2001, 08:45 AM
Ours is in Community Hall just to the left of the tv. I think it is with Tigger at Olivia's. Actually, we sent it down and when my cousin was there in Sept. she found it. When we went later in Sept. we knew where to look. 24 hours from now we will be flying down there. Well, gotta go. Time to pack!!! I will tell Mickey hello for you all!! :D

Michelle
DVC 2000

KarenNY
03-01-2001, 09:13 AM
We're (DD and myself) above the doorway into Olivia's (you can see it when leaving). We took the shot at the entrance to the HH DVC resort several years ago.

Dennis the WDW Menace
03-01-2001, 12:15 PM
We have a picture in the dining area of Olivia's next to one of the portholes. It's of my DW for her 40th birthday when we stayed in the GV and had invited 10 of the family members to join us. It was great because in was the week before Christmas and to me that is the best time of the year to go to WDW. We always look for it when we go to OKW. I think we will send another picture to have them place it in the Community Hall.

spiceycat
03-01-2001, 02:02 PM
I don't like my picture taken so i was not interested in this. But my brother (my joint member) was so their pictures is in Oliva's in the room that use to be outside (the old patio) at the top over the far left window - or it was there in December. My frame is a little different (got it at Walmart) there were only 5 like them (last time) so it wasn't that hard to find. Of course when I left it in July they told me it would be in Community Hall, so I had a panick attacked when I could not find it there.

PoohBear33
03-02-2001, 01:07 AM
Does the picture have to be taken at the resort or can it be while you are on your vacation? Can you send the picture in or hand deliver and to where???Thank you

Galahad
03-02-2001, 04:38 AM
You can take any picture of you and mail it to OKW with membership info and they will hang it for you. It's fun looking for yourself on your next trip because they can't tell you where they hang it. :)

disneyokw
03-02-2001, 07:01 AM
Last year I surprised my father. I got a photo of my parents with Mickey taken at the Tent at MK back in 1997. I found a nice frame at K-mart that has a picture of Mickey on it and it says things like Oh Golly and something else around it in those talking bubbles. I brought it down in September when I found out they now put photos up in Community Hall even though there is room in Olivia's [we were told that those photos are falling off and that they were told no more photos]. Any way, a few days after I left my father came down to meet up with my mother she took him to Community Hall to "see what they have done to the place". He was looking at the wall and found the picture of himself and my mother. He loved the frame and was surpised that I had actually was able to pull one over on him. If you go he is the one with the sexy knees. :)