View Full Version : Just Returned from BWV...a couple of observations
02-28-2001, 01:50 PM
We just got back from our first visit as DVC members. While there, I made these observations:
* The BWV are in an ideal location on the WDW property. Short walks to EPCOT and MGM and pretty short bus rides to the other locations.
* Never waited more then 10 minutes for a bus. We could have just gotten lucky but we were very pleased.
* Our studio, 2031, was right over the boardwalk by the micro-brewery. I would recommend requesting a room either higher or away from the boardwalk if you don't like noise. It wasn't loud enough to bother us, but it could bother some.
* Every CM was wonderful!!!
* I wish they had more DVC member stuff. I would like a jacket, but the only one they had was white.
* We visited WLV. We really liked the rooms and the building location was fine. To bad they didn't have any "lake" views, but I would they would be up against the same point structure problem as BWV.
* They are working on the BCV. Another great place to stay for DVC members!
Let me know if you have any other questions that I might be able to answer!
Joined DVC - Sept 00
BWV - Feb 01
02-28-2001, 02:30 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. :)
I agree about the jacket, I looked at it for my husband but decided against it because of the color (white). I'm surprised DVC doesn't have a catalog...
<font face="Class Garmnd BT"><font color="ff69b4"><big>JennybÂºoÂº benny</big></font>
<font color="9400d3">~~DVC Member~~
Onsite: Poly '76, Contemp '98, BWV '99, CBR '00, BWV '00, CBR '01
Offsite: '74 '80 '82 '88
Next trip: BWV~June '01, ASM/BWV~Nov '01</font>
<a href="http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jsmith12/jillian&kylecharacterpage.html">Jillian & Kyle's Disney Character Website</a></font>
02-28-2001, 03:14 PM
glad you had a good time; we always do too. i agree it would be great if we had a catalog or web site to order from.
02-28-2001, 05:00 PM
I asked a CM about DVC stuff. She said they get lots of requests but not much selection.
Hello bean counters! We want more stuff to spend money on!
<A HREF="http://members.home.net/dunlapsdisney/" TARGET=_blank><IMG src="http://members.home.net/dunlapsdisney/images/shoe_home_small.gif" width="125" height="42">
Disney silliness: Buzz's Spin, Parks, Parades MORE TAPESTRY and MORE OF THE Unfortunate Footwear of Walt Disney World: http:badshoe.com
03-01-2001, 04:14 AM
I agree BWV is the ideal location. 13 more days until we are there!
03-01-2001, 07:17 AM
Definitely a great location for a preferred view studio. (Although the balcony could use a good cleaning).
We also stayed in a one-bedroom 2121 - standard view. This is a great "standard view". While it overlooked the entrance to the left, it also overlooked a pond/fountain and the bridge to the entrance. We could see the top of the Eiffel Tower from France and some of the fireworks from our balcony.
We also toured the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Definitely impressive - much more than when I had just seen some pictures. The pictures do not do Wilderness Lodge Villas justice. We also stopped by Old Key West and really liked what we saw there also. Next trip, we are hoping to experience Old Key West and WLV also.
It was our first trip home as members. And we were very satisfied.
03-01-2001, 07:22 AM
blame the old members - there a book - pamplet really when OKW was still new maybe in 1994, that had lots of stuff - in the DVC colors - I was told that not enough members brought the stuff to continue it. They even say on the shirts, jackets, etc members.
03-01-2001, 07:42 AM
Now let's not exaggerate the "lots of stuff". As I recall there was a watch (got it), a polo shirt (got it), shot glass (got it) and a canvas flight bag and a kind of strange clock. They started making resort specific stuff and I'd really like DVC items. One trip all I could find was a sticker. Of course, I'd really like some nice adult clothing items from The Disney Store but they aren't interested in that market either.
03-01-2001, 08:16 PM
Haven't seen any pictures for awhile. Are they starting to put up the structure yet?
03-02-2001, 08:49 AM
They are putting in the girders for the steel framing. They've got several of the biggest cranes I've ever seen, there.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.