PDA

View Full Version : Is this realistic? (time airport/resort)

lisareneeo
10-10-2008, 01:01 PM
We are arriving in Orlando around 11:00am. Will have a private transfer to Hard Rock Hotel. We are hoping to be checking in and at US around 1:30pm.
Do you think this is realistic?

This will give us about 3 1/2 hours before US closes (Wed 10/29) We want to try to visit as many attractions as possible.
What would you suggest?
Would you go through Production Central and hit those attractions then go to New York area and do Mummy and Twister? Or would you go right and hit attractions that way?
Never been, just looking at a park map in a book I have.
All suggestions welcome!
Thanks
Lisa

inkkognito
10-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Unless traffic is really, really bad or your plane and/or luggage is late, you should be able to make it pretty easily by 1:30. Since you'll have FOTL, the direction you go depends on what you want to do first (i.e. Simpsons or Mummy).

kirbsam
10-10-2008, 05:07 PM
one hour from touch down to your hotel. then do whatever you want. you can probably do every ride in the time you are there.

lisareneeo
10-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks for your responses. We plan on getting to US as soon as we check in and getting as many things done before they close at 5:00pm.
Thanks

WillCAD
10-11-2008, 10:37 AM
90 minutes is about right, but it could be a bit longer if you run into any unexpected delays. Depends on how long it takes you to check in at HRH, and whether you make a grocery stop on the way from the airport. You might also run into problems with your transfer; mostly they run pretty smooth, but you never know (keep the number for the transfer company programmed into your cell phone, just in case).

Figure on (rough estimates):

30-45 mins to get your bags and get to the car after landing
30 mins drive time to US
15-30 mins grocery stop (optional)
30-45 mins to check in, take bags to room, and inspect the room
-----------------------------
Total 105-150 mins (rough estimate)

lisareneeo
10-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks again. I did not think about a grocery stop. Does the Hard Rock have complimentary refidgerators or do you have to pay for those?
Thanks