PDA

View Full Version : Package vs. Room Only

portocall
10-09-2008, 09:43 PM
I have narrowed down our resort choices to two, either the CR or the Poly. I am now trying to figure out what is the best way to book.:surfweb: I am a control freak, I don't think I can handle giving over the control to a TA unless it is a huge savings. I also noticed that there is a few dollars (about $5) difference between buying the room only and tickets separately and the MYW package. :teacher: Not that that is a lot, we don't need the extra's that come with the package. Since we are going in summer, I am sure there is no way there would be free dining so it seems like a waste of $5 but I could be wrong. I am counting on my fellow dissers to show me the light as far as the best way to book this trip. Yes, I know we can't yet, but I am not a last second kind of girl and will book the first day we are able. If we get a code later would I be able to use it then? Since they are so unpredictable, I don't want to count on it. Thanks in advance for all your help:love:

kappyfamily
10-09-2008, 10:15 PM
We booked a room only (8 months ago) and actually have changed ours a couple times, recently with a huge room only discount that just came out and are at The Poly. We got our park hoppers through Undercover Tourist and saved a bundle (or a chunk at least) going with them. As far as the dining plan, we decided it wasn't for our family, just way too much food and we are more counter service people.

I'm glad we did the non-package way. Just my opinion! Have fun planning! We leave in 18 days!!!!!!

portocall
10-09-2008, 10:26 PM
We booked a room only (8 months ago) and actually have changed ours a couple times, recently with a huge room only discount that just came out and are at The Poly. We got our park hoppers through Undercover Tourist and saved a bundle (or a chunk at least) going with them. As far as the dining plan, we decided it wasn't for our family, just way too much food and we are more counter service people.

I'm glad we did the non-package way. Just my opinion! Have fun planning! We leave in 18 days!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip about Undercover Tourist... that would save a chunk!:banana: Have a great trip and I hope to see a TR!

SuperTink
10-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Be sure to check all the packages and consider possible codes. I bought my tickets early, and then learned I could have saved $300.00 with one of the recent package codes. I'm still not over that one yet. :headache:

Boogeyhead
10-10-2008, 08:20 AM
What kind of huge room discount did you get at the Poly? And when are you going?

Thanks