PDA

View Full Version : Universally lost...

Lorelai
10-09-2008, 05:03 PM
I am totally confused about how to negotiate Universal. Can anyone tell me the rides that seem to have the greater lines/wait times?

We will be trying to hit every ride/attraction as we have kids from 1st grade through teenage years. So even if we split up and do kiddie rides vs. thrill rides I'd still like to know which ones are best done first thing and which ones can wait until later in the day/evening.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Purseval
10-09-2008, 07:06 PM
It would help to know how many kids, their ages and when you are going. If you were going tomorrow you could probably hit every ride no matter where you started. The young kids could be scared silly by Jaws and The Mummy, startled by Twister and Disaster but OK in every other venue. Perhaps a trip to a good local book store or your public library would be a good start, look at the touring plans and ride ratings in the Unofficial Guide To WDW (which also includes Universal, IOA and Sea World). Once you get some specifics we can help you narrow things down.

ChristineAndMatt29
10-09-2008, 08:17 PM
I am sure someone more "Universally" experienced will respond to this more thoroughly, but from my own personal experience, the wait times definitely depend on the time of the year. During the summer the wait times were HORRIBLE (over an hour) for The Mummy, Men in Black, (the Simpsons wasn't open, but it will be a bad wait). I just recently went the first week in October and the waits were as long as it took you to walk up to the ride at both parks. The Simpson's ride had the longest wait with probably a 20 minute wait. For the older kids why not go to Islands of Adventure? They have some cute kid rides too in the Dr. Seuss area.:thumbsup2

the Dark Marauder
10-09-2008, 11:25 PM
In USF ROTM, MIB, and The Simpsons Ride are the three that get the longest lines.

IN IOA, it's Pteranadon Flyers, Ripsaw Falls, Spider-Man, Hulk, and sometimes One Fish Two Fish that get long lines.

Lorelai
10-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Thank you for the replies so far. I should have included our visit date and ages! We will be there on November 6th (Thursday) and my kids are aged 6, 10 & 14.

It looks like we will not be doing IOA, just USF.

Thank you!