PDA

View Full Version : Sending Harry and David to the resort...

goofygal531
10-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Anyone ever done this? Like to send my family something from them on Thanksgiving. I'm wondering how far in advance I'd have to place the order for it to arrive on or around Thanksgiving Day.

Thanks!
Mare

Yen Sid
10-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Just get the address of the resort and call the place you are ordering from to see how long it will take or tell them the day you want it to arrive. My wife and I went for a 4 day anniversary trip without our kids in July and I had 2 dozen roses delivered to the resort for her, I could not find them at the desk because they had delivered them to the room and they were in there waiting for her.

goofygal531
10-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Just get the address of the resort and call the place you are ordering from to see how long it will take or tell them the day you want it to arrive. My wife and I went for a 4 day anniversary trip without our kids in July and I had 2 dozen roses delivered to the resort for her, I could not find them at the desk because they had delivered them to the room and they were in there waiting for her.

If you ordered them from the Disney Florist, they will deliver to them to the room.

Oh, I've shipped tons of boxes to the resorts before, just never anything perishable before. I was just curious if anyone ever did this.

Yen Sid
10-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Did not use Disney florist, if it is something perishble I am sure they will put it in the cooler if they know it needs to be there, we get groceries delivered there every time we stay and if they arrive before we do they put them in the cooler or freezer, whatever they need.

DisneyBride'03
10-09-2008, 05:20 PM
I did exactly this!

But I had sent something from Harry and David to the YC IPO as a thank you for all their assitance with my trip last year.
Depending on what items you select...I would contact YC...not sure how the delivery to a guests room would work in your situation, perishable items..and YC getting it delivered for you.
Give them a call to see what their policy is..good luck:)

aquaticmom
10-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Not Harry & David, but I had a Honey Baked Ham delivered to BCV's during our stay in June. I just used the resort address and chose my delivery date. I told them upon check-in that I was expecting a delivery from Honey Baked Ham and they delivered it to our room while we were in the parks.