PDA

View Full Version : Booking a room under 18?

denily
10-09-2008, 08:21 AM
I have a question about booking a room. I am planning on taking my daughter for her birthday next year and I was going to ask my sisters if they would like to join us.
They will be 17 and 18 years old. I know that we could all fit in one room...but I think we would be much more comfortable in 2 rooms. 4 girls and 1 bathroom?? :lmao:
So, can I book a room for my sisters? Would my sister who's 18 be able to have her name on the reservation separately? I would like connecting rooms, would that be more or less likely with one of them under 18?
Maybe one of the suites at All-Star would be better??
What do you think??

mbanks21
10-09-2008, 08:57 AM
You only have to be 18 to book a room at disney so youll be fine.

Enchanted
10-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Since your sister is 18, you'll be fine with booking the separate room in her name. My family has been doing this with me ever since I turned 18 so I know for sure that it's possible. And smart thinking on your part. Four girls and one bathroom? :scared1:

As for connecting rooms, that's up to you, but I would say go ahead and request them. I just think it's more fun and easier to communicate with your group with connecting doors than having to run outside and knock on their locked door to get in their room and stuff. It's more like a giant slumber party with the connecting doors open. Just my two cents. ;)

Hope that helped! :thumbsup2

minnie61650
10-09-2008, 09:32 AM
As long as 1 guest is 18 years old 2 rooms should be fine.

Just in case you are interested here is a little info about the Family Suites at All Star Music:

The Family Suites start at $184 a night duing value season in 2008.
Most of the Disney resorts (excluding DVC) charge extra for more than 2 adults in a room.
The Family Suites do not charge extra for extra adults.
1-6 adults can stay in the Family Suites for the same et price.
The Family Suites have discounts available also so if you keep your eyes open you just may snag a great deal.

---------------------------------------------

Family Suite info:

DH and I stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music ( a value resort) in Sept. of 2006.

We really enjoyed the Queen size bed, the kitchenette with the microwave, having a sofa and cushioned chair to sit on and relax after a day at the parks before retiring for the evening.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no metal bar to hurt the sleepers back.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18100990#post18100990

Here is the layout of the Family Suites:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

They:

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers
The pullout chair and large ottoman each pull out into standard size twin beds.
(4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed Internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms

Here is my review of the Suites:

www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17640774&postcount=7

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

luvdisney24
10-09-2008, 09:37 AM
It looks like your party will be made up of 2 adults and 2 children under 18. If this is the case, you can book 2 rooms on 1 reservation with you as the lead guest.

mbanks21
10-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Wait how old is the daughter? We have one adult, an 18 and a 17, whats the age were missing?

denily
10-09-2008, 01:53 PM
My daughter will be turning 9 on the trip.
Thanks for all of the info!

bgirl29
10-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Just remember connecting rooms are not guaranteed. Usually you will get them but with more than 1 adult it is just a request. If you really want to be 100% sure you will be together why not book a family suite? My sister and my daughters and my 17yr son slept well on the fold out beds and had no complaints.

denily
10-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm definitely leaning toward the family suite. If we didn't end up with connecting rooms, I would be constantly checking up on my sisters. I trust them, but they are teenagers and would be my responsibility while we're there....;)

catne
10-09-2008, 02:41 PM
First, you can book 2 rooms on your credit card and put someone else's name on the actual room reservation. We did just that this year. But if you want to make sure the girls are close, then I'd opt for the family suite if you can afford it, because they will not guarantee connecting, or even adjacent rooms when the other party is 18 or older.

We booked a separate room for DD (19) & her BFF (18, almost 19.) last May, asking that their room be a close as possible to ours. Well, the room numbers sounded like they'd be close...theirs was just a couple of numbers off from ours, and technically, they were in the "same" building...not really, though. The actual rooms were not in sight of each other, both on the top floor, but way around the corner, down the elevator hallway, and around the next corner...all connected by walkway on the 3rd floor, but the rooms were a good 3 minute walk away from each other. This was actually o.k. for our situation, but had the kids been any younger I probably wouldn't have cared for it at all.