PDA

View Full Version : Our Beach Club stay

Ladyhawke10
10-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Wow, what a great time to visit Disney. We just returned from a spur of the moment, nine-day trip and had great luck. The weather was decent. We had thunderstorms the first and last days of our stays, strangely enough, but nothing else. There were warm evenings and temperate days. My son stayed several hours in the pool each day and/ or evening, of course, given it was stormalong bay! How gorgeous is this pool?! :thumbsup2 I got some great shots of my son in the current part during sunset. The windmill was all lit up and the clouds were billowy against the dim sky, it was beautiful. I was very relaxed eating loads of ice cream from Beaches and Cream and refilling my mug at will while he swam. I didn't brave the "kitchen sink" on my own, but I did have a no way jose, a milky way sundae, scoops of coffee, butter pecan and chocolate in the waffle cone. Hopefully all our walking around the parks helped any probable weight gain issue here.

Other than that, we spent a lot of time at Epcot because of the Food and Wine festival. I loved the New Orleans and the Pear festival booth areas, they were really nice. I tried a lot of the samples and the best (IMHO) were the Istanbul Turkey stand for the pita dip and the pistacio baklava, the praline bread pudding at Louisiana, the Italy booth for the ziti and pizza, the ginger caramel ice cream at the China booth, and the San Francisco stand for the roasted beet salad. We loved the Rose and Crown restaurant as usual but had difficulty getting in with a few of the other restaurants I wanted to try. We had a view of the Crescent lake which was divine and had some nice walks on the Boardwalk after sundown.

We had a couple nights at the Animal Kingdom lodge toward the end of our stay and had a savannah view off the Kudu trail, way toward the end of the hallway. It wasn't the Arusha savannah, it was facing the other way and had a great array of animals all the time. There was a lot of work being done on the resort, plus they are building the vacation villas and we could see the construction work from our view. We had a lot of pool time here too and this is my favorite resort to hang out in the jacuzzi because there's nothing like being under the stars at night with animals nearby while you relax in the water. The jacuzzi areas are really nicely done with pretty plants and trees all around as well. :goodvibes

frdeb1999
10-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Glad you had a great stay! :)

DjdBrit
10-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Thats so great:) Glad you enjoyed your stay.

jerseygal
10-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Sounds like you had a fabulous stay!!!!!!!!!Don't you LOVE SAB???

10 Days..Wow, what a nice trip, especially this time of yr...We were at BC in August..much more crowded, but still loved it!

Looking forward to a trip next summer at AK!!! Heard great reviews!!!:Was supposed to eat at Boma this summer, but unfortunately, didn't make it..Heard Boma has one of the best breakfast on Disney property!thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

jerseygal
10-09-2008, 08:16 AM
How is renovation of floors coming along at BC?

When we were there in August it was progressing nicely..Minimal disruption!:banana: :banana:

Ladyhawke10
10-09-2008, 11:14 PM
That's right--I forgot about the renovation at BC. I didn't notice it until we were walking around the quiet pool and saw that many of the rooms had mattresses stacked inside them, and there were a couple public courtyard-styled patios blocked off. Other than that, if our room had just been redone, then they did a fantastic job. It was gorgeous. We had a flat screen TV and the room was darker wood on the headboards and furniture than it used to be, and there was some light green and blue but it seemed less overall pastel. I thought it was an improvement from what I remembered. I liked the bolder accents and the hallways also seemed to have brighter colored tones in the carpet and such. It all looks great! :love: :yay:

How is renovation of floors coming along at BC?

When we were there in August it was progressing nicely..Minimal disruption!:banana: :banana:

Ladyhawke10
10-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah, it was strange that there were far less crowds than I had expected. I had heard a lot of people were supposed to be there for the Food and Wine, but maybe it was because it was still the end of Sept at the beginning, I don't know, but I never felt in the midst of heavy crowds at all. Of course, we mainly hit extra magic hours and stayed up pretty late, so maybe it was when we were at the parks. We were at our resorts A LOT because they were so nice and my son was so into the pools. :cloud9:

Sounds like you had a fabulous stay!!!!!!!!!Don't you LOVE SAB???

10 Days..Wow, what a nice trip, especially this time of yr...We were at BC in August..much more crowded, but still loved it!

Looking forward to a trip next summer at AK!!! Heard great reviews!!!:Was supposed to eat at Boma this summer, but unfortunately, didn't make it..Heard Boma has one of the best breakfast on Disney property!thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

suzimar57
10-10-2008, 10:44 AM
that's my dream: to stay at the Beach Club during F&W!

someday.....