PDA

View Full Version : Grocrey Delivery

blondietink
10-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Did I miss something? :confused: I thought there was no sales tax on groceries in Florida. I just placed my grocery delivery order through Garden Grocer and there is over $7.00 of sales tax added to it. Why? I know we pay sales taxes on groceries when we visit South Carolina, but I didn't think Florida had them too. I am just not used to paying sales taxes on groceries. Any info./clarification would be appreciated! :cool2:

vcunning
10-08-2008, 06:35 PM
This link (http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/tips/tip98a108.html) will make it crystal clear . . . not!

Could there be a tax associated with delivery (a service)?

GoofyFairie
10-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Is it possible that it is because you are not in Florida buying groceries, but ordering and paying over the net?

Mary976
10-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Here in Illinois, staple food items are charged at a low tax (1.25%) while "ready to eat" items are at the normal (higher) tax rate. Lots of things are included in the higher rate, like cookies/baked goods, deli items, soft drinks, paper goods, etc. I think I remember from our last trip that Florida has something similar.

Mary

blondietink
10-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I think I will email Garden Grocer for an explaination. Here in NY we don't pay any sales tax on groceries. According to the link, nothing that I ordered should be taxed, etiher. I will let you know what they say. :cool2: