PDA

View Full Version : Resort Connecting Room Guarantee? Did it go away?

dzneelvr
10-08-2008, 03:40 PM
In 2008 I was able to get the words "Connecting rooms guaranteed for families" on each of my reservations at the All Star Movies resort. Today I called for the same set up (same dates, etc.) and could only get "Connecting rooms preferred not guaranteed" on the documents :confused3 . Did something change from last year? I would REALLY hate to have my family split up within the resort? Any insight:surfweb:

Momto3Girls&Max
10-08-2008, 04:07 PM
In 2008 I was able to get the words "Connecting rooms guaranteed for families" on each of my reservations at the All Star Movies resort. Today I called for the same set up (same dates, etc.) and could only get "Connecting rooms preferred not guaranteed" on the documents :confused3 . Did something change from last year? I would REALLY hate to have my family split up within the resort? Any insight:surfweb:

What's the ratio of adults to kids in your group? We're 2 adults and 6 kids and our reservation for 2009 states "guaranteed connecting rooms", but it might be because we're so outnumbered. :scared1:

abe_bb
10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Here is what we were told when seeing if we could get connecting rooms for my mother-in-law (who thankfully isn't coming, but at the time... lol).

If it is a singular family (ie: parents w/ kids) and they require more then one room, they get priority on the rooms.

If it is seperate families, they can try but no guarantee.

mickeynut1
10-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Not to be the bearer of bad news....but even though it states "guaranteed" on the paperwork, it's never guaranteed when there are 2 or more adults :sad2:. Disney will try their best to give connecting rooms, but if they are not available, the kids can be split up between the adults in non-connecting rooms :rolleyes1. I have read many posts where people have reported that they were indeed guaranteed connecting rooms when making their ressie, only to find out they didn't get them upon check-in. Good luck and I hope you get them, but be prepared just in case you don't :rolleyes:.

deej696
10-08-2008, 04:38 PM
This is pretty much standard across the hotel industry. Connecting rooms, bed, and smoking preference (not an issue at Disney) are requests only, and while it usually not a problem to get your request, in the event of a sold out hotel there is the chance you may not. I hear lots of stories about people having no problem at all getting their connecting rooms, but there is no guarantee. If it is of high importance to you, then I would call the hotel directly and speak to a front desk manager, etc. While they will still probably say "we cant guarantee it" to cover their tail, most good hotel managers will make notations on the reservations, and perhaps even pre-block the rooms, which usually decreases your chances of having a problem. As a former hotel manager, if a guest called me with a specific request, you can rest assured I made sure it happened, rather than face them at check in with bad news right at the start....