PDA

View Full Version : POR or CBR

mudman
10-08-2008, 06:54 AM
HELP! Never stayed at either, for that matter never stayed at a moderate before.

I need some guidance.

buzz1fan
10-08-2008, 07:48 AM
I have never stayed at either, but we are leaning towards CBR because of the zero entry pool for the kids.

Momof2Disneyboys
10-08-2008, 07:54 AM
I have stayed at POFQ, CSR, and CBR. My family and I prefer CBR over the others. :thumbsup2

Our goal was to try all of the moderates, but we opted to go back to CBR for our next trip instead of trying POR. I'm not saying that we won't ever try POR, because we probably will. It's fun to try new things! But we had such a great stay at CBR and now they have that new awesome pool, so we just couldn't resist! :goodvibes

We love CBR for it's beautiful grounds, white sand beaches, hammocks by the lake, Caribbean music playing quietly everywhere, a relaxing tropical feel, a beautiful bridge and island, great and huge food court, friendly CM's, double sinks in the bathroom with LOTS of storage space underneath, and the LARGEST rooms of all the moderates! All that, PLUS a brand new zero entry pool and the new children's pirate pool. And all the rooms are currently being redone! It’s like a vacation within a vacation, a “leave your worries at the door” kind of place! :cloud9:

TJA
10-08-2008, 08:12 AM
We stayed at POR last peak season and will try CBR this next peak season. Simply stated, we loved POR! Grounds are beautiful, pool is nice, playground is awesome, food court is awesome -- and there is a little play area for the kids right in the food court, just a small lego table and some coloring pages plus a TV and small chairs -- it was a great way to end each night as we adults could have a hot drink while the kids played a bit.

Having said all that, we are trying CBR next time because we want to try out the new pirate pool and also have reserved a new pirate room. Seriously, I don't think you could go wrong with either one. We normally stay in deluxes but with rising resosrt costs we have opted for moderates during peak season and we really were happy with POR and are excited to try CBR.

mla2177
10-08-2008, 08:37 AM
I have stayed at both and like POR more than CBR. They are both pretty large to navigate through, but I liked the food court and general atmosphere in POR more than CBR.

ols386
10-08-2008, 09:16 AM
We prefer POR to CBR. Both are very large and very nice, but we liked the theming at POR (we loved the winding rive that runs through it), and also really enjoyed the food court. The boat transportation to DTD from POR is really convenient. I think you would have a great time at either. Just depends on what you are looking for.

MickeyNicki
10-08-2008, 10:17 AM
We have stayed at both and love both. DH prefers the CBR because of the tropical themeing but I love POR with the gorgeous piano bar, the huge gift shop and the quick distance to other places (we have our own car)

You cannot go wrong with either choice tho

rusafee1183
10-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Hey there! :wave:

I have stayed at both POR and CBR and I really prefer CBR. POR was beautiful and relaxing (my DH and myself stayed there for our honeymoon and it was perfect for that trip) and the piano bar is really fun, but the buses were crowded and the foodcourt was just not for us. Our experiences at the hotel were not bad per say, but I agree with Momof2DisneyBoys about the atmosphere of CBR. I enjoyed the beaches and the food court was way better! But I must say that the steel drummers at night were my favorite part!

Hope this helps!

couldbeme
10-08-2008, 12:39 PM
I just posted some pictures over on the CBR thread
and also a small review.

Maybe it will help!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1698427&page=159

SGMCO
10-08-2008, 12:45 PM
We've stayed at 3 MODs: POR, POFQ, and CSR.
POR was our favorite out of the 3 Mods.
It has a very good CS Food Court--Love the Create your own
Pasta--I could eat that everyday and not get tired of it.
Really enjoyed the boat ride to DTD. The Landscaping is Beautiful.

We will be staying at CBR on our upcoming trip and I am really
looking forward to it--with all of the remodeled rooms, new pool--
everything looks amazing! We are getting a New Pirate Room--can't wait.
I'm sure that which ever resort you choose it will be great--it's Disney!!:thumbsup2

Magalex
10-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Same dilemma for June 2009! We did stay at CBR in June 2007. LOVED any minute of it:thumbsup2 Awesome resort! But we do like to try different resorts to keep it new. Very Hard decision.

MariaEllerºoº
10-08-2008, 08:25 PM
The Caribbean Beach Resort is our favorite resort at Disney. We love the theme, atmosphere, landscaping of CBR. The food court is wonderful with lots of fresh and delicious offerings. The main pool is awesome and even more so now with the new renovations. Can't wait to try out the new additions to the main pool for myself! There are two gift shops...one with more tropical island and unique gifts and the other with the typical Disney souvenirs.

Each island has their own quiet pool, beach with hammocks and bus stop. CBR has their own bus...does not share with any other resort. There is also an internal bus that makes the loop from island to island to OPR.

KatMark
10-10-2008, 09:45 AM
We've never stayed at either, but we have visited both resorts, walked around the grounds and eaten at the food courts. We liked the food court at the POR a lot and the grounds are very pretty. We would not even consider staying at the CBR--don't like the colors and definitely did not the food court either time we tried it.