PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread houses for sale??

zan65
10-07-2008, 11:46 PM
My SIL wants me to buy a gingerbread house for her during my trip in Dec. Can anyone tell me where to purchase one? Are they only available for sale at the GF gingerbread house display? Anywhere else? Can they be shipped?

Seahunt
10-08-2008, 01:04 AM
:goodvibes I know you can buy them at the GF gingerbread house, and I think you can get them at Boardwalk Bakery, American Adventure at Epcot, and maybe the BC Marketplace :confused3

I don't believe they will ship them though, because of the fragile nature.

I couldn't remember prices, but on an old post I found this price list posted originally by mdhkitten (thanks mdhkitten) from a couple years ago at the GF to give you an idea:

The GF's gingerbread house shows $65.00 on this menu, though I'm sure they've gone up $$$ since then!:

Originally Posted by mdhkitten
Hi everyone! I just returned from WDW, and picked up one of the price lists at the GF gingerbread house. I figured that I would post the prices here for anyone that was interested:

Large chocolate chip cookie- $2.50

Tinkerbell lollipop- $4.50

Princess lollipop- $5.50

Santa lollipop- $3.50

Gingerbread cookie people- $4.00

Toy soldier- $5.50

Snowman- $5.50

Gingerbread house shingle- $6.00

Chocolate snowman with chocolates- $7.00

Gingerbread ornament- Small- $7.50 Large- $14.50

Snow White, Belle and Cinderella chocolate box w/ truffles- $10.50

Peppermint Bark 1/2 lb. bag- $12.00

Chocolate fudge 1 lb. box- $14.50

Gingerbread cookies 1/2 lb. bag- $15.50

Sleeping Beauty chocolate box w/ truffles- $17.00

Stollen bread- $18.00

Chocolate Disney Characters- $19.50 each (choice of Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Tinker Bell or Belle)

Poinsettia chocolate box w/ truffles- $19.50

Chocolate Dreams box w/ truffles- $22.50

Chocolate cigar box- $34.00

Signature Gingerbread House- $65.00

Signature Chocolate Box- $75.00

HTH! :santa:

TeenaS
10-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Chef Stefan makes and sell them at the Marketplace at the Beach Club. He's the head pastry chef there. With the houses, he includes a story about the gingerbread recipe ... it's from his mother or grandmother's recipe. I've tasted the gingerbread at the BC and at the Grand and I personally like it much better at the BC. The prices for the houses are cheaper at the BC in past years.

Allison
10-08-2008, 12:39 PM
I know on the Travel Channel WDW Christmas special they specifically mentioned they can't be shipped.