PDA

View Full Version : I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Babyjustrun
10-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I hate Canadian broadcasting stations.
They're so cheap they can't even buy the right to air American shows, so when y'all are having a stupid (sorry, it's not stupid, but it's not something I plan on watching, American politics interest me little_) Presidential Debate, I have nothing to watch.
And this happens like every week. And it drives me nuts, I don't live there, so I don't wanna watch that stuff, especially if it's a local station out of Detroit. Breaking news in Detroit? That doesn't affect me at all.

And another thing, we're having an election too. But how often do I hear about that? Not very, because for some reason people who live here don't give a crap about who's leading our country, they're watching debates for another country.
This also drives me because y'all get about a good few months to make up your minds. Our election in Oct 14, I think they announced it about a month ago. That's just silly

It just drives me nuts. And Canadian programming itself is pretty bad. I mean there's Corner Gas and Degrassi, but Corner Gas is in it's last season and Degrassi fails so hard this season.

End rant here.

KidGoofy
10-07-2008, 04:57 PM
But Canada has awesome bands like RUSH and Sum 41...lol. So there is a plus side even though its not TV

JulielovesDisney
10-07-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry. I feel your pain. I'm suffering through the debates too. They're pushing back show episodes (THE OFFICE!!)to broadcast the debates on every freakin' channel. I already know who I'm voting for, so I don't need all this sillyness.

Babyjustrun
10-07-2008, 05:30 PM
It's on 6-7 channels here.
Do I seriously need that many different channels to watch it on?

JulielovesDisney
10-07-2008, 05:34 PM
It's on every local and national news network here. Depending on the tv package, it would be on over 10 channels. :headache:

Loves Disney
10-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Oh don't even get me started about The Office. There are only TWO shows I watch...House and The Office...so needless to say I'm not a happy camper when one of them isn't shown, especially for politics! I hate politics, lol. I'm also not very fond of the two candidates - so for me I'll be voting for the better of two bads lol.

imabrat
10-07-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm sorry. You know ABC, NBC, and CW show episodes on line right? Super easy, what do you think I did in the hospital?

Look at it this way. You don't have to listen to all the political banter for months. It's a big game of he said, she said and it goes on for 2 YEARS!!!

DramaQueen
10-07-2008, 06:25 PM
ZOMG Hil! I freaking KNOW!
I was SO mad last week when the Office wasn't on!
I thought it'd be on Global...but noooooo.
I guess if they're not showing it in the U.S they can't show it in Canada.
And you're right Degrassi = FAIL.
EVERY show on CBC = EPIC FAIL!

But apparently we are (FINALLY) getting HBO!!!! That's very exciting to me.
Can't wait to be able to watch Entourage when it's ACTUALLY on instead of months after!!!

It makes me LOL that our french language debate was only shown on CBC, while the vice presidential debate was on like 12 different channels @ once!
rotfl @ the lameness that is Canadian TV.

Babyjustrun
10-07-2008, 06:33 PM
It doesn't matter if it's online or not. The shows are not being aired this week, but next week. So they wouldn't be online.

Canadian television stations don't have the rights to air the American shows.. the rights to do that are majorly expensive and Canadian stations don't wanna spend money on that.

Degrassi was so awful the other night. I won't say anything about what happened, but that silly goth chick is now the person with the logo on her back. THEY TOOK MARCO OUTTA THE CREDITS.
-growls-

I haven't seen aynthing on debates. I just hear they're happening. Harper and Dion were here on Saturday.

KidGoofy
10-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Wait wasnt Jay and Silent Bob on Degrassi...I thought I saw that on IMDB

Babyjustrun
10-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Wait wasnt Jay and Silent Bob on Degrassi...I thought I saw that on IMDB

Lol yes.
In like season ... 3? 4? 5?
I didn't really care for those episodes, it was silly.
They're going to be on again this season.

KidGoofy
10-07-2008, 06:37 PM
That means I have to watch because Kevin Smith is the man...lol. What did they do

Babyjustrun
10-07-2008, 06:40 PM
In season whatever it was, they made a movie at Degrassi, some sort of jokeish horror flick I think?

And um, I'm not sure what's going on for this season.
Their part is set in LA, it's for the season finale.

Captain Brain
10-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Aww Hils, I feel your pain.

The Mentalist won't be on tonight because of that darn debate. I won't even watch it out of protest. XD Can't they argue when my show isn't on?