PDA

View Full Version : Resort hopping/viewing

marydmjj
10-07-2008, 03:51 PM
If I want to spend a day looking at different resorts, how do I do it? Busses to and from DTD? Is it possible to see all of the resorts in 1 day? Do any busses go between more than 1 resort?

Thanks!

madalex
10-07-2008, 04:01 PM
How to do it depends upon the resort and what time you want to get there. For example, if you want to do lunch at a resort, just take Disney transportation from whatever park you may be in that morning to that resort. For the MK resorts, you can take the resort monorail to visit all of those. For the Epcot resorts, you can walk/boat to those from both DHS and Epcot.

While it may be technically possible to visit all the resorts in one day, if you are relying on Disney transportation to get around, your travel time will chew up a big chunk of the day and that would likely not leave very much time to spend at each resort.

chalee94
10-07-2008, 04:41 PM
If I want to spend a day looking at different resorts, how do I do it? Busses to and from DTD?

it's probably easier if you pick the closest park. for example, to get from GF to the AKL, i'd take the monorail to the buses at the MK and hop the AKL bus from there...

from there take the AKL bus to either AK or the closest park to the next hotel you want to visit...say, DHS if you want to visit BC/YC...and then take the bus (or boat as the case may be) to BC or whatever.

Is it possible to see all of the resorts in 1 day?

all the deluxes? maybe. all the resorts? i'm going to go out on a limb and say, no.

Do any busses go between more than 1 resort?

i'm sure some do, but i couldn't tell you what they are...

backyardponder
10-07-2008, 06:20 PM
I'd recommend renting a car for that day. There's several on-site car rental agencies. You will spend a lot of time transferring busses otherwise.

deej696
10-07-2008, 06:34 PM
If you want to see them all, then yea renting a car might be a good idea. Otherwise what I would do is go to one of the Epcot resorts (Boardwalk, YandB Club, Swan/Dolphin), walk around the lake and check out those. Then grab a bus to MK and hop on the monorail to view the MK resorts, and then bus it back from MK to where your car is or to your 'home' resort. If it wont effect your park tickets, you could also cut through Epcot to grab the monorail to MK resorts as well. I did this on Saturday and it took me approx. 30 mins to get from Boardwalk to Contemporary..

kaffinito
10-07-2008, 07:20 PM
I don't think you could see all of the resorts in one day IMHO. I try to pick one or two and then "hop" to those on a "no park" day. The transportation I use depends on the resort I'm looking at. I like to wander around, test to see how long it takes to get around he resort, and eat at the food court. Last trip we looked at CSR and OKW. I took the bus from AK to CSR and the boat from POR to OKW. We really liked OKW BTW. :)

Tink888
10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't know if you'd be able to see them all in one day, the transportation back and forth gets to be time consuming. I agree with the other posters about renting a car. If you can't get a car, here's what I would do.

Bus to MK from your resort
Boat from MK to WL and then back to MK
Jump on the monorail and hit those resorts, CR, Poly, & GF
Back at MK, take the bus to Boardwalk
From Boardwalk, walk over to YC & BC
Take boat to Studios and catch bus to POFQ, then walk from POFQ to POR
Take boat from POR to Downtown Disney
From DD, take a bus to your next resort (maybe AKL) or your home resort if it's too late. If you go to AKL, from there take the bus to AK and then catch bus to your home resort.

JMO :) Have fun - it's nice seeing the different resorts.

marydmjj
10-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the input. We will most likely have a car because DH panics without one. :confused3

Tink888 - thanks! I'm going to print out your plan and take it with me. Not sure when that will be (hopefully Feb/Mar) but when I get there, I'm following it.