PDA

View Full Version : WL -- Which "Wing" do you like best?

christy08
10-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi all ~

We have reservations for a woods view room, but never requested a certain wing, or floor. I know they can't guarantee, but I thought I might try anyway.

Which "wing" should we request? We have kids aged 3 and 6 so I like the idea of the "wing" closest to the boat launch (since we won't have a car) but I also like the thought of having an upper floor room at the "wing" closest to the MK, so as to maybe see a fireworks display at night?

Is it a far walk from the wing that's farthest from the boat launch? Also, do the boats run on a set schedule? Or is it random times?

I'd love to know what you all think before I call. Which would you choose? Thanks so much!! :)
Christy

bas71873
10-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi all ~

We have reservations for a woods view room, but never requested a certain wing, or floor. I know they can't guarantee, but I thought I might try anyway.

Which "wing" should we request? We have kids aged 3 and 6 so I like the idea of the "wing" closest to the boat launch (since we won't have a car) but I also like the thought of having an upper floor room at the "wing" closest to the MK, so as to maybe see a fireworks display at night?

Is it a far walk from the wing that's farthest from the boat launch? Also, do the boats run on a set schedule? Or is it random times?

I'd love to know what you all think before I call. Which would you choose? Thanks so much!! :)
Christy

Hi Christy. DD5 and I just returned from WL yesterday. We LOVED it and I am so glad I made the switch (about 2 weeks before we left). I booked a standard room but was fortunate enough to get an upgrade (don't ask me how) to a courtyard view. We were in room 5039 and it overlooked the pool and lake and was a quick hop down the elevator, around the corner and out the door to the path to the boat launch. LOVED it. WL seemed much smaller to me in comparison to other resorts (which is one of the things I really liked about it) so I can't imagine anything being too far from the boat launches. Even so, the walk is pretty and peaceful in and of itself.

We never waited long for a boat. Maybe 5 minutes one time. Otherwise, boats pulled up, we jumped on and went. Cannot beat the boat service to and from MK. It was heaven compared to waiting for busses.

Hope you have a GREAT trip!!

bookwormde
10-07-2008, 01:22 PM
For a wood view I would pick the north wing (otter pond view) with an upper floor request so you have a chance of a fireworks view. It also puts you close to the boats.

bookwormde

punkin1763
10-07-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree with pp - woods view on the north wing. It is really close to the boat launch and convenient to roaring forks. I love the WL - I wish I could stay there everytime!!

christy08
10-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks so much. I think I looked at the map wrong. I thought the north wing had the nice (MK) views, but was farther from the boat launch, but it looks it's the closer one too. I guess I was looking at the boat rental docks and thought that was the boat lauch. Oops. I'll try for that wing. Thanks so much for the great advice!! :)

Christy

tigger_03
10-07-2008, 03:22 PM
The north wing is closest to MK and the boat dock. It's a little further away from the bus stop but not that far.

We stayed there with our 3 and 1 year olds. I'd definitely stay there again. We had a courtyard view room on the 5th floor. Absolutley beautiful!

MAGICinMYHEART
10-07-2008, 04:14 PM
When I book Woods View I request: North Wing overlooking otter pond near the elevators.

burberryplaid
10-08-2008, 09:23 AM
I like the North Wing to be closer to the boats, pool, and Roaring Fork